Bravo Ten Club

Comments

• GAMCOK67GAMCOK67 Seattle, WA Posts: 14
    Count me in the "kudos" column.  I lucked out...I saw the story of the leaked screenshot (http://www.nme.com/news/music/pearl-jams-stadium-tour-dates-2222992) and immediately rejoined the 10c after a 15 year absence (God I'd love to have that number back). That was 1/19.    I got RS for both Seattle shows and couldn't be more (a) happy and (b) surprised as I have to have one of the highest numbers in the lottery.  I realize I am going to have the "worst" of the 10c seats but they'll still be lower bowl or first rows upper deck.  All good.

I just moved to Seattle after living all my life in Atlanta.  Pretty cool "welcome to Seattle" show. :) 
  • ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    GAMCOK67 said:
    Count me in the "kudos" column.  I lucked out...I saw the story of the leaked screenshot (http://www.nme.com/news/music/pearl-jams-stadium-tour-dates-2222992) and immediately rejoined the 10c after a 15 year absence (God I'd love to have that number back). That was 1/19.    I got RS for both Seattle shows and couldn't be more (a) happy and (b) surprised as I have to have one of the highest numbers in the lottery.  I realize I am going to have the "worst" of the 10c seats but they'll still be lower bowl or first rows upper deck.  All good.

I just moved to Seattle after living all my life in Atlanta.  Pretty cool "welcome to Seattle" show. :) 
    That's awesome and great timing! We haven't had a show here since 2013, so we are definitely due. I got reserved both nights as well, so I'm happy. And we're the lucky ones that don't have to worry about airfare and hotels! Welcome to Seattle, by the way!
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,311
    bbiggs said:
    True to their word, more tickets than ever before are ending up in the hands of 10C members.  With the lottery nearing its end, odds are still 99% in many cases. Thank you and well done. 
    Couldn't have said it any better. Thanks.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • GAMCOK67GAMCOK67 Seattle, WA Posts: 14
    ZeldaZonk said:
    GAMCOK67 said:

That's awesome and great timing! We haven't had a show here since 2013, so we are definitely due. I got reserved both nights as well, so I'm happy. And we're the lucky ones that don't have to worry about airfare and hotels! Welcome to Seattle, by the way!
    Thanks so much...I absolutely love it here!  I'm in Lower Queen Anne and wake up every morning under the shadow of the Space Needle and a view of the bay. :-)  Question: I've never seen a show at Safeco (or any baseball field for that matter)....how's the sound/sight lines?
  • BanjoBanjo Posts: 272
    GAMCOK67 said:
     (b) surprised as I have to have one of the highest numbers in the lottery.  
    Membership number doesn't affect your chance of winning, only your seat after you win. 
  • Thanks so much Ten Club!  Got tickets to Boston 1 and 2!  I'm super pumped for a Boston show (and Fenway at that!).  A weekend in a great city and two amazing shows! Can't wait!
  • ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    GAMCOK67 said:
    ZeldaZonk said:
    GAMCOK67 said:

Thanks so much...I absolutely love it here!  I'm in Lower Queen Anne and wake up every morning under the shadow of the Space Needle and a view of the bay. :-)  Question: I've never seen a show at Safeco (or any baseball field for that matter)....how's the sound/sight lines?
    What a view to wake up to, right?  =) Amazing, indeed. This will actually be my first show at Safeco field because most of the shows I see are at a lot of the smaller venues (Paramount Theatre, Showbox, Moore Theatre, Neptune, Key Arena, etc.) I definitely prefer a smaller venue as opposed to a stadium show. But to answer your question, a friend of mine saw Paul McCartney at Safeco last year and said the sound was fantastic and that every seat offered a great view; I guess we'll find out for ourselves in August. I have tickets to see Foo Fighters there in September as well, so that will make three Safeco shows in a month's timeframe. Hopefully it's a good experience!
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • Great job indeed!
    Nissan Pavilion Stone Ridge, Bristow Virginia, 7-1-2003; Alpine Valley Music Theatre, East Troy, Wisconsin, 3-9-2011 & 4-9-2011; Estadio Nacional, San José, Costa Rica, 11-20-2011; 02 Arena, Prague, Czech Republic, 7-2-2012; 02 World, Berlin, Germany, 7-4-2012; Ericsson Globe, Stockholm, Sweden, 7-7-2012; Oslo Spektrum, Norway, 7-9-2012; Forum, Copenhagen, Denmark, 7-10-2012; 1st Mariner Arena, Baltimore, Maryland, 10-27-2013; Global Citizen Festival, NYC, 9-26-2015; Foro Sol, México D.F., 11-28-2015; Madison Square Garden, NYC, 05-01-2016; Madison Square Garden, NYC, 05-02-2016; Safeco Field, Seattle, Washington, 8-8-2018; Safeco Field, Seattle, Washington 8-10-2018.
    http://livefootsteps.org/USER/?USR=1225

• Thanks PeteThanks Pete NYC Posts: 613
    riel3939 said:
    I agree wholeheartedly with the original post; great job.  What I want to know is, why are the Ten Club tickets so expensive now?  I can’t say enough about the good things the band and the club do, but aren’t the prices excessive?  I’m new to the forum so maybe someone is already discussing this; IDK?
    Pearl Jam tickets are no where near expensive considering what's out there, such as different level VIP packages for has-been acts. Also, there are shady ticket auctions perpetrated by the musicians themselves, rehearsal tickets etc. Thank the gods that their production values are low.

I thought tickets were going to more expensive since there tour dates are all over the place, which is not cost effective.

Lastly, they are Rock & Roll Hall of Famers who have been around for around 27 years and still manage to play marathon shows and always leave it all on stage 
  • -Buru--Buru- Santa Barbara, CA Posts: 1,292
    Thanks 10C! Got GA for Seattle 2 and Missoula - what I put in for. 
    I am just a dreamer, but you are just a dream...
    If I knew where it was I would take you there.

• Blacksheep76Blacksheep76 Houston, TX Posts: 167
    Thanks 10Club. Got all 3 shows I put in for. Super stoked, going to be a great Summer!!
  • BZBZ Posts: 45
    Kudos 10C! Got both Seattle shows   =)
  • Thanks PeteThanks Pete NYC Posts: 613
    edited February 2018
    intentionally left blank
    Post edited by Thanks Pete on
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    Bravo, 10C!

See the source image
  • Did not read whole thread, but was reminded of us all wanting a 10c exclusive show, well, it seems like thats happening as much as possible this year.  TY 10c & PJ.
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,759
    A few things to be thankful for:
    1. The allotment of tickets is more than expected, some still at 99% near the draw
    2. The ticket odds link allows us to change priorities before the draw instead of blindly hoping for best chances
    3. The lottery result response, even if it felt like forever, is enough time to plan for other presales (Cubs season ticket holder, TM Verified) if I lost.
    4. The site worked, no crashing when the lottery opened up, and cancelling to change priorities worked well.

Will be interesting to see the mobile ticket process when all details are revealed, but I have confidence that they'll go smoothly.
  • kato78kato78 Posts: 61
    thank you 10C + PJ!!! 

• wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    10c did a great job of getting so many tickets into the hands of fans. Nicely done!! 
    NYPJ
  • pulling69pulling69 KIAD Posts: 982
    Hopefully they can get this large percentage of tickets when they do US arenas in the future.....If it means a little more on the ticket cost and fees cause TM wants more of a cut as a result of the band demanding more fan-club tickets then I can live with that.

PS Play Raleigh, give first crack to the members that had tickets last time.
    "Populated with every reject and cutthroat from Bombay to Calcutta. It's worse than Detroit."
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,225
    Pretty happy with the 10club! Now i just need August to get here.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,772
    This is not a complaint; I just want to say that up front. I like the current system. I found the rules pretty clear and sensible.

One possible suggestion for the future, though: a field when you enter to enumerate the maximum number of shows for which you'd like to attend.

I know, the initial response to this is "only buy for what you plan on going to", but hear me out. As a hypothetical, let's say the next round of shows is similar to this one, in that there are only a few shows, but they're kinda far apart. A 10 Club member lives between a couple of the cities, and could make either show, but can't afford both. Under the current setup, they only put in for one, but have to figure out which is the best choice.

So, maybe there could be an option where you enter for one (or however many) show(s), but then order all of the shows to which you could possibly go by preference? Lose one, move on to the next. Win one (if that's your limit), and you're done.

I really only bring this up because I know some people were confused and thought that "2nd choice" was a backup, not a commitment (yes, even though it tells you like four different times how this works, and even makes you click in two different places to acknowledge this). I don't bring it up out of sympathy for them, but just out of curiosity as to why it couldn't work this way.

I don't entirely know what implementing this would entail, but I can't see it being much different than the way they did the shows on this tour that had GA and Reserved - if you put in for both, you'd only win one or the other. It might throw off the odds a bit as people might enter in more than they are buying (I could see someone only attending one show put in for all seven, and for both GA and Reserved at those shows offering the choice).

Thoughts? Pros/Cons? Would this swamp the 10 Club with too many entries? Any other reasons this wouldn't work? Again, not a complaint, just a thought I had.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    MP59559 said:
    This is not a complaint; I just want to say that up front. I like the current system. I found the rules pretty clear and sensible.

One possible suggestion for the future, though: a field when you enter to enumerate the maximum number of shows for which you'd like to attend.

I know, the initial response to this is "only buy for what you plan on going to", but hear me out. As a hypothetical, let's say the next round of shows is similar to this one, in that there are only a few shows, but they're kinda far apart. A 10 Club member lives between a couple of the cities, and could make either show, but can't afford both. Under the current setup, they only put in for one, but have to figure out which is the best choice.

So, maybe there could be an option where you enter for one (or however many) show(s), but then order all of the shows to which you could possibly go by preference? Lose one, move on to the next. Win one (if that's your limit), and you're done.

I really only bring this up because I know some people were confused and thought that "2nd choice" was a backup, not a commitment (yes, even though it tells you like four different times how this works, and even makes you click in two different places to acknowledge this). I don't bring it up out of sympathy for them, but just out of curiosity as to why it couldn't work this way.

I don't entirely know what implementing this would entail, but I can't see it being much different than the way they did the shows on this tour that had GA and Reserved - if you put in for both, you'd only win one or the other. It might throw off the odds a bit as people might enter in more than they are buying (I could see someone only attending one show put in for all seven, and for both GA and Reserved at those shows offering the choice).

Thoughts? Pros/Cons? Would this swamp the 10 Club with too many entries? Any other reasons this wouldn't work? Again, not a complaint, just a thought I had.
    Not a bad idea.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    MP59559 said:

I think that's a pretty interesting idea, just a matter of if they can automate it. For example, once you hit your max could it release your other entries?

Even if possible, I feel like the big risk would be the order which they draw the shows. Let's say someone this time had 5 entries but wanted only 1 pull. And let's say Missoula was their 5th choice, but Missoula draws first and they got picked. Priority 1-4 get tossed and you're off to Montana. Is everyone cool with that?
  • Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,488
    Least stressed out ever. Got 3 of the 4 I went for between me and my brother. GA for 1 show. Will figure a way out for the 4th.

Lets go!
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    Very well done, 10c, the small amount of complaints with this group (me included) shows what an outstanding rollout this was.  Congrats.

I agree with the above, if an algorhythm could be put in to include some sort of "if = then" with your selections.  Maybe just add another category/choice and call it "contingency"?  So you can only get selected for a 'contingency show' if you got shut out of your other choice(s).  

Also, I think what they are trying to accomplish with fairness and preventing people from over-buying just to trade into other shows and upgrading could be accomplished by putting GA and Reserved into 1 selection pool for the show, then have an 'under the hood' lottery for GA.  Pick up tickets the day of the show, find out if reserved or GA, then do the Bruce method of GA queuing.  That solves a few remaining issues with the ticket/entry system.

• pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    MayDay10 said:
    Very well done, 10c, the small amount of complaints with this group (me included) shows what an outstanding rollout this was.  Congrats.

I agree with the above, if an algorhythm could be put in to include some sort of "if = then" with your selections.  Maybe just add another category/choice and call it "contingency"?  So you can only get selected for a 'contingency show' if you got shut out of your other choice(s).  

Also, I think what they are trying to accomplish with fairness and preventing people from over-buying just to trade into other shows and upgrading could be accomplished by putting GA and Reserved into 1 selection pool for the show, then have an 'under the hood' lottery for GA.  Pick up tickets the day of the show, find out if reserved or GA, then do the Bruce method of GA queuing.  That solves a few remaining issues with the ticket/entry system.

Lots of good ideas in there. I'm also a big proponent of the Bruce GA system. One thing is that they would need to have some sort of opt-in/opt-out for the GA "under-the-hood" lottery since I'm sure it's not a great option for some. Otherwise, I like the idea - in a way I felt like I had a slight advantage with the Boston shows, only having to use one "entry" for each.
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175

props to the ladies and gentlemen who set this up.

Well done!!!

hope that TM verified goes as smoothly as this.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,772
    pjl44 said:
    MP59559 said:

I think that's a pretty interesting idea, just a matter of if they can automate it. For example, once you hit your max could it release your other entries?

Even if possible, I feel like the big risk would be the order which they draw the shows. Let's say someone this time had 5 entries but wanted only 1 pull. And let's say Missoula was their 5th choice, but Missoula draws first and they got picked. Priority 1-4 get tossed and you're off to Montana. Is everyone cool with that?
    On your first point, I feel like they do that already with the GA/Reserved situation. If you put in for both, you only win one or the other.

On your second point, I guess it's about how they draw. My thinking is that they start with the first show, and draw from everyone who chose it as their top priority, then move on to the next show and do the same. Once they go through all the shows and top priorities, if there are still tickets, they move down to 2nd choice for each show, and so on, until tickets are gone. So, this person wouldn't be in the Missoula lottery unless they'd missed out on the previous 4 rounds of drawing.

Am I thinking of the lottery wrong? Isn't that why we prioritize when we enter?
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    pjl44 said:
    MayDay10 said:

Lots of good ideas in there. I'm also a big proponent of the Bruce GA system. One thing is that they would need to have some sort of opt-in/opt-out for the GA "under-the-hood" lottery since I'm sure it's not a great option for some. Otherwise, I like the idea - in a way I felt like I had a slight advantage with the Boston shows, only having to use one "entry" for each.
    You were actually at a disadvantage with Boston having only 1 entry. GA as an option adds a twist to the mix and allows a lot of fans that want to get in the building a great chance by putting reserved first. By the looks of it a low number of people got Fenway 1 as a second pick. Every other show had draws that went into the 3rd round. Fenway 1 show was the hardest ticket to get because of this. 
  • JvollmanJvollman Posts: 129
    MP59559 said:

I like it. 
    First - Chicago, Illinois (March 10, 1994) *
    In Between - Chicago (9), East Troy (4) Champaign (1), Noblesville (1), Moline (1)
    Last - Wrigley (August 20, 2016)