Options

Ticket Strategy

Comments

• Options
    Just a few more hours until the nonstop email checking begins!
  • Options
    DT6012DT6012 Posts: 201
    PJNB said:
    DT6012 said:
    Would appreciate feedback on my choices. MT is my highest priority but would like to catch both Safeco shows as well. Have a good member ('96) but prefer GA for one Safeco show. When lottery opened I chose the following:
    1. MT GA
    2. MT RES
    3. SEA I GA
    4. SEA II GA
    5. SEA I RES
    6. SEA II RES
    Thinking of reconfiguring to the following: 
    1. MT GA 84%
    2. SEA II GA 36 
    3. SEA I GA 44
    4. MT RES 99
    5. SEA II RES 85 
    6. SEA I RES 99
    Any advice would be much appreciated!

I would try and secure 2 out of 3 GA's

1. Seattle 1 GA
    2. MT GA
    3. Sea 2 Res
    4. Sea 1 Res
    5. MT res
    Thanks for the advice! I should have specified MT GA is highly desired.  Was in pit there in '98 and would love it again. Still the same suggestions?
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,099
    Except Seattle II reserves fell below 99%, so having them 3rd round might not get them?   Might only want to go for GA Missoula, Reserved SEA 2, Reserved SEA 1
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,099
    Does anyone know how low the GA %'s dropped for the Wrigley 2016 shows?  Kind of curious how low they dropped, considered night 2 tickets had a few spares that spilled out into round 2.
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    3days said:
    BRONDO said:
    Don’t see any ga going to second round except miss 
    It may not be prevalent, but I can't imagine GA NOT going into Round 2. It happened for Wrigley in 2016. Why wouldn't it happen this year with 3 more stadium shows? 
    The odds have dipped lower for Wrigley than they were 2 years ago, though not by a lot.

2016 came on the heels of the big 2016 south/east tour where many people got their fill. Now there's 2 years of no PJ being crammed in to just 7 shows for the whole country. It will be interesting. I do have Wrigley 2 GA as my 2nd choice, so I hope you're right.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,739
    DT6012 said:
    PJNB said:
    DT6012 said:
    Would appreciate feedback on my choices. MT is my highest priority but would like to catch both Safeco shows as well. Have a good member ('96) but prefer GA for one Safeco show. When lottery opened I chose the following:
    1. MT GA
    2. MT RES
    3. SEA I GA
    4. SEA II GA
    5. SEA I RES
    6. SEA II RES
    1. MT GA 84%
    2. SEA II GA 36 
    3. SEA I GA 44
    4. MT RES 99
    5. SEA II RES 85 
    6. SEA I RES 99

I would try and secure 2 out of 3 GA's

1. Seattle 1 GA
    2. MT GA
    3. Sea 2 Res
    4. Sea 1 Res
    5. MT res
    Thanks for the advice! I should have specified MT GA is highly desired.  Was in pit there in '98 and would love it again. Still the same suggestions?
    If you need that show and can't miss GA with it then go that route but I really think that MT GA may even go 3rd round since people are putting Seattle ahead of it. Also with Sea 2 res as a 3rd you have to factor in all of the back to back GA picks people are doing for their 1 and 2 spots. I think lots of people will get reserved as a 3rd pick like they did with Wrigley in 2016 though I am unsure if all would get it as a 3rd. Really depends if you like to gamble or not. My way is a safe gamble imo but their are still risks.
  • Options
    With Fenway 1 still at 78%, you would think that  everybody that has that show as a first choice should get tickets, right?  The lower odds are due to the fact that there could be lots of people that are using their 2nd, 3rd, 4th choices for that show as well.  The lottery takes into account ALL  entries for a given show and divides that by the total number of tickets to give us the odds.

• Options
    trent909 said:
    With Fenway 1 still at 78%, you would think that  everybody that has that show as a first choice should get tickets, right?  The lower odds are due to the fact that there could be lots of people that are using their 2nd, 3rd, 4th choices for that show as well.  The lottery takes into account ALL  entries for a given show and divides that by the total number of tickets to give us the odds.

This is correct. I think it will spill over to the second picks myself since there are so many travellers in the club. 
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    I would think so trent. I would probably feel reasonably safe even with it as a 2nd choice.
  • Options
    trent909 said:

Thats what I'm thinking/hoping

• Options
    Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,861
    trent909 said:

Thats what I'm thinking/hoping

I am thinking this has to be the case. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    trent909 said:

This is correct. I think it will spill over to the second picks myself since there are so many travellers in the club. 

I would think there's a lot of people in the Northeast thinking Fenway 1 or bust.

I don't think there's any guarantee of scoring tickets for that show even if you have it as your #1.

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,220
    DT6012 said:
    1. MT GA
    2. MT RES
    3. SEA I GA
    4. SEA II GA
    5. SEA I RES
    6. SEA II RES
    1. MT GA 84%
    2. SEA II GA 36 
    3. SEA I GA 44
    4. MT RES 99
    5. SEA II RES 85 
    6. SEA I RES 99

Make the 2 that are 99% picks 5 and 6 instead of 4 and 6 as those are locks, would increase your chances of SEA 2 reserved a tad if you miss out on GA.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    trent909 said:

I would think there's a lot of people in the Northeast thinking Fenway 1 or bust.

I don't think there's any guarantee of scoring tickets for that show even if you have it as your #1.

You maybe right but I have seen quite a few posts on Facebook of peoples picks and they have Fenway late in the game. We will find out soon enough and good luck!
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    trent909 said:

You maybe right but I have seen quite a few posts on Facebook of peoples picks and they have Fenway late in the game. We will find out soon enough and good luck!

Hey, I hope I'm wrong! Good luck to you to bud!
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,140
    We’re all screwed
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    Slick said:
    JojoRice said:
    If I don't get Wrigley night 1 GA as my top pick, I really hope to get reserved with my 2nd pick. 
    Same here, was initially doing Wrigley 1 reserved but changed it to GA then Res
    Same-ish boat here. REALLY praying I land N1 RES with 2nd pick. Today is going to be stressful as hell.  =)
    Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement. 
  • Options
    Does anyone know how many GA tickets Wrigley holds? Ballpark even? 3k? 5k? 
    Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement. 
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,915
    edited February 2018
    Crazy Ralph trying to warn folks about the lottery!

Image result for youre all doomed

"I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    amethgr8amethgr8 Posts: 766
    Its hard for me to believe that all of 1st priority GA doesn't get filled, that there are not enough GA fans wanting tickets, at least on the last tour it was surprising.  That's the part about the lottery I do not understand.  

I have attempted to count the heads in a picture taken of GA.  In Baltimore maybe 750-1000?  Wrigley 2016 I estimate closer to 2000.
    Amy The Great #74594
    New Orleans LA 7/4/95 reschedule 9/17/95
    Chicago IL 1998, 10/9/00, 06/18/03, 05/16/06, 05/17/06
    08/23/09, 08/24/09, Lolla 08/05/07
    Champaign IL 4/23/03
    Grand Rapids MI VFC 10/03/04
    Grand Rapids MI 19May06
    Noblesville IN 05/07/10 Cleveland OH 05/09/10
    PJ 20 2011
    Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Seattle WA 2013
    St. Louis MO, Milwaukee WI 2014
    Tampa FL, Chicago IL, Lexington KY 2016
    Missoula MT 2018
  • Options
    Thanks PeteThanks Pete NYC Posts: 613
    There is absolutely no guarantee that you will get reserved tix for Fenway 2, even if you have it as your first choice. Oh well.
  • Options
    Zod said:
    Does anyone know how low the GA %'s dropped for the Wrigley 2016 shows?  Kind of curious how low they dropped, considered night 2 tickets had a few spares that spilled out into round 2.
     Night 1 was at 24%, can't recall what night 2 was at.
  • Options
    Zod said:
    Night 2 was 30%

Fenway
    Night #1 at 44% 
    Night #2 at 47% 

Wrigley
    Night 1:
    Reserved: 53%
    GA Standing: 24%

Night 2:
    Reserved: 69%
    GA Standing: 30%

• Options
    PJNB said:
    Zod said:
    Night 2 was 30%

Fenway
    Night #1 at 44% 
    Night #2 at 47% 

Wrigley
    Night 1:
    Reserved: 53%
    GA Standing: 24%

Night 2:
    Reserved: 69%
    GA Standing: 30%

Thanks PJNB. Fellow maritimer here (well former), originally from Newfoundland. Always good to see east coast PJ fans.
  • Options
    There is absolutely no guarantee that you will get reserved tix for Fenway 2, even if you have it as your first choice. Oh well.
    It's at 99% with an hour to go, if you've got Fenway 2 first on your list I don't see how you wouldn't get a ticket
    [X]  Greenville, SC (September 04, 1998)
    [X]  Charlotte, NC (August 04, 2000)
    [X]  Charlotte, NC (April 16, 2003)
    [X]  Asheville, NC (October 06, 2004)
    [X]  Columbia, SC(June 16, 2008)
    [X]  Charlotte, NC (October 30, 2013)
    [X]  Austin, TX (October 12, 2014)
    [X]  NYC (September 26, 2015)
    [X]  Columbia, SC (April 21, 2016)
  • Options
    What do y'all think about:
    Wrigley:
    Night 1 Res
    Night 2 GA
    Night 2 Res
    Night 1 GA

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,055
    It's still sitting at 99%, so what is a hair short of a guarantee?
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    It's a typo. He meant night 1. 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,878
    PJNB said:
    pjl44 said:
    Either way, while it may not be a guarantee at this point it is a likelihood.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,055
    PJNB said:
    pjl44 said:
    Ah...got it. Yeah, my eyebrow is raised for Night 1. Hope a lot of low priority selections in the mix.