Options

Ticket Strategy

Comments

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,748
    Good news guys. I just refreshed the odds page and nothing moved in the last 5 minutes. 
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,797
    PJNB said:
    Good news guys. I just refreshed the odds page and nothing moved in the last 5 minutes. 
    lol, I also refreshed the odds and was thinking the same thing
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    D-Rod said:
    PJNB said:
    Monday is so far away. Why do I keep checking...

• Options
    wsimon74wsimon74 Posts: 475
    Need clarification, and I apologize if this has been asked before. I know club members with seniority get priority regarding reserved seats, but does it affect where they rank their request, i.e. if a member with less seniority selects reserved as their first choice, will they get priority over a member with more seniority who placed reserved as their second choice? 
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    wsimon74 said:
    Need clarification, and I apologize if this has been asked before. I know club members with seniority get priority regarding reserved seats, but does it affect where they rank their request, i.e. if a member with less seniority selects reserved as their first choice, will they get priority over a member with more seniority who placed reserved as their second choice? 
    The lotto and seniority have nothing to do with each other. Everyone has the same odds of winning no matter when they signed up. What matters if you get picked is your priority selections. Seniority only comes into play with reserved seating and lower numbers get the better seats.  
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    D-Rod said:
    PJNB said:

cuz were both Canadian's and its too cold to do anything else 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    JV275432JV275432 Posts: 137
    I did 1. SEA 1 GA, 2. SEA 2 GA, 3. BOS 1 Reserved 4. CHI 2 GA 5. CHI 1 GA.
    I figured I'd just give CHI a shot (I know I won't get them). BOS 2 is Tuesday after labor day, I probably won't know if I can go to that show in February. So maybe TM Verified for that one,
  • Options
    D-Rod said:
    PJNB said:
    D-Rod said:
    PJNB said:

Just played pickup hockey this morning. Icing my knee after talk about cold! What shows are you looking at?
  • Options
    wsimon74wsimon74 Posts: 475
    PJNB said:
    wsimon74 said:
    The lotto and seniority have nothing to do with each other. Everyone has the same odds of winning no matter when they signed up. What matters if you get picked is your priority selections. Seniority only comes into play with reserved seating and lower numbers get the better seats.  
    So, as a member with a higher number (less seniority), there is absolutely no incentive not to enter the GA lottery as my first priority b/c my reserved seats will be the same regardless? 
  • Options
    wsimon74 said:
    PJNB said:
    wsimon74 said:
    So, as a member with a higher number (less seniority), there is absolutely no incentive not to enter the GA lottery as my first priority b/c my reserved seats will be the same regardless? 
    So far this is true though I do not believe reserved is going to hold @ 99%. If and when it drops then the strategy comes in play. 
  • Options
    JvollmanJvollman Posts: 129
    PJNB said:
    wsimon74 said:
    PJNB said:
    wsimon74 said:
    So far this is true though I do not believe reserved is going to hold @ 99%. If and when it drops then the strategy comes in play. 
    Agreed.  People picking GA for their first two picks will run a slight risk of getting shut out completely.  With the numbers already low for wrigley, there is no way GA makes it to second priority...  so I don't want to take the chance.  Hope like hell I get GA one night and I'll suck it up with garbage seats the other.
    First - Chicago, Illinois (March 10, 1994) *
    In Between - Chicago (9), East Troy (4) Champaign (1), Noblesville (1), Moline (1)
    Last - Wrigley (August 20, 2016)
  • Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    PJNB said:
    wsimon74 said:
    PJNB said:
    wsimon74 said:
    Exactly. Reserve will definitely drop at some point. Then you will just have to decide if u want to gamble for GA or not. I’m sure a majority of people haven’t put in their selections yet as most are waiting to see what the odds do over the weekend. At least those that are planning on going to more than one show. 
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,351
    D-Rod said:
    PJNB said:
    D-Rod said:
    PJNB said:

Make it three of us!
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    D-Rod said:
    PJNB said:
    D-Rod said:
    PJNB said:

Just played pickup hockey this morning. Icing my knee after talk about cold! What shows are you looking at?
    both Seattle shows.  and you guys?
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    D-Rod said:
    PJNB said:
    D-Rod said:
    PJNB said:
    D-Rod said:
    PJNB said:

Seattle 2, Wrigley 2 and Fenway 1 & 2. Trying for GA with Wrigley and not sure what to do with Seattle since my number is so high and will be in the rafters probably. May try verified fan out but not sure. 
  • Options
    If we get lucky and get 10c tickets on Monday, do we find out where they are that day?
  • Options
    If we get lucky and get 10c tickets on Monday, do we find out where they are that day?
    Early July which is new. Used to be day of show. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    Will it be the same for the TIcketmaster presale?
  • Options
    rummy said:
    rummy said:
    What do you think will be (financially) worse: Eating the second ticket of my pair of tickets (good chance I'm going solo) or buying a single ticket from Stub Hub?
    well if the FV is about $100, at least stubhub will charge $200
    It does get pretty bad on there (Stub Hub), doesn't it? I suppose that there's a decent chance, also, that someone might take my extra ticket off my hands. Hey, maybe I'll make a new friend!
    there will be plenty. i managed to get EV tix in london on the day of the show. (5000 seat venue)
    PJ 2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    PJ 2018: London 1, Padova, Roma, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon, London 2
    EV 2017: Amsterdam 2&3, London 1&2
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    D-Rod said:
    PJNB said:
    D-Rod said:
    PJNB said:
    D-Rod said:
    PJNB said:

Seattle 2, Wrigley 2 and Fenway 1 & 2. Trying for GA with Wrigley and not sure what to do with Seattle since my number is so high and will be in the rafters probably. May try verified fan out but not sure. 
    I'm 46X XXX and my wife has a high number.  I put in for Seattle 2 GA 1st  / reserved 2nd and she did Seattle 1 GA 1st /reserved 2nd.  I'm keeping an eye on the odds.  If GA tanks then reserved will become option 1.   With all of your options its a tough call.  10 club tix even in the rafters will be better then verified.  Sitting with other members is always better regardless of seat location.
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    tjk895tjk895 Posts: 234
    PJNB said:
    wsimon74 said:
    Two members are going for reserved tix for the same show. Fan A has member number 200,xxx and Fan B has member number 400,xxx. Fan A chooses res as 2nd choice and Fan B chooses res as 1st choice. Both fans win in the lottery. Fan A will technically have better seats than Fan B correct?
    2000: St. Louis
    2010: St. Louis
    2014: St. Louis
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley 1
    2018: Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    tjk895 said:
    PJNB said:
    wsimon74 said:
    Two members are going for reserved tix for the same show. Fan A has member number 200,xxx and Fan B has member number 400,xxx. Fan A chooses res as 2nd choice and Fan B chooses res as 1st choice. Both fans win in the lottery. Fan A will technically have better seats than Fan B correct?
    Yes. Only way this would not be true is if Fan B got very lucky at Fenway and won the 1,2,9,10 row draw. 
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,058
    edited February 2018
    PJNB said:
    According to the Faithfull Forum you'll be able to select individual seats if you're drawn for that presale
  • Options
    wobbler_kittywobbler_kitty Millbury, MA Posts: 161
    PJNB said:
    No. You enter your TM code and it will show you what seats are available. You can then either buy them or not. 
  • Options
    tjk895tjk895 Posts: 234
    PJNB said:
    tjk895 said:
    PJNB said:
    wsimon74 said:
    Yes. Only way this would not be true is if Fan B got very lucky at Fenway and won the 1,2,9,10 row draw. 
    Thank you!!
    2000: St. Louis
    2010: St. Louis
    2014: St. Louis
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley 1
    2018: Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    No. You enter your TM code and it will show you what seats are available. You can then either buy them or not. 
    Thank you!
  • Options
    chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,436
    pjl44 said:
    PJNB said:
    According to the Faithfull Forum you'll be able to select individual seats if you're drawn for that presale
    I think he said that thats what they did for the Taylor Swift Tour, and that MAY become part of the future for PJ but is not this go around
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,058
    pjl44 said:
    PJNB said:
    I think he said that thats what they did for the Taylor Swift Tour, and that MAY become part of the future for PJ but is not this go around
    Ah. Maybe I misunderstood. Sounded like a good purchasing experience.
  • Options
    I have a question here. I never entered the lottery until this tour, so I am not aware of a few things. The odds percentages... are those your chance of winning your desired choices or are they showing what's left available? I am also curious because they are showing shows I did not select. If somebody could answer this, I would appreciate it.
  • Options
    amethgr8amethgr8 Posts: 766
    Overall % of scoring g tix for any given show.  All entry priority's included I believe.

Amy The Great #74594
    New Orleans LA 7/4/95 reschedule 9/17/95
    Chicago IL 1998, 10/9/00, 06/18/03, 05/16/06, 05/17/06
    08/23/09, 08/24/09, Lolla 08/05/07
    Champaign IL 4/23/03
    Grand Rapids MI VFC 10/03/04
    Grand Rapids MI 19May06
    Noblesville IN 05/07/10 Cleveland OH 05/09/10
    PJ 20 2011
    Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Seattle WA 2013
    St. Louis MO, Milwaukee WI 2014
    Tampa FL, Chicago IL, Lexington KY 2016