Happy 26th Yield

Comments

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    best album and tour ever.....aaah to go back in time to 1998 would be fucking awesome.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,447
    mcgruff10 said:

best album and tour ever.....aaah to go back in time to 1998 would be fucking awesome.

Hell Yeah!!! I'm still rocking my Yield sign key chain from the LA Forum shows. Best time of my life!!!
    TJ25487 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Hell Yeah!!! I'm still rocking my Yield sign key chain from the LA Forum shows. Best time of my life!!!
    I flew out for both forum shows...man were they amazing!
    mcgruff10 said:

TJ25487 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Those Forum shows were the pinnacle for me as my fan club seats put me at my best spot up to then and still to this day. 10 rows back dead center. I'd had never heard the band so loud and clear. Add in the Yield material and my mind was blown!!!!
    TJ25487 said:

mcgruff10 said:

TJ25487 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Those Forum shows were the pinnacle for me as my fan club seats put me at my best spot up to then and still to this day. 10 rows back dead center. I'd had never heard the band so loud and clear. Add in the Yield material and my mind was blown!!!!
    Listening to vault six right now! Night one I was lower bowl and night two i was row 8 on the floor I believe.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    mcgruff10 said:

Really, really wish I would have I have hit a show back then. Why I waited 9 years to see my favorite band is beyond me. To this day, I've managed only to get 8/14 Yield songs, and 3 of those have only been once each. (On the plus side, those 3 have been at 3 of my last 5 shows.)
  • dannydanny Posts: 2,269
    the best
    danny d
  • danny said:

the best

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    edited February 2017

mcgruff10 said:

Really, really wish I would have I have hit a show back then. Why I waited 9 years to see my favorite band is beyond me. To this day, I've managed only to get 8/14 Yield songs, and 3 of those have only been once each. (On the plus side, those 3 have been at 3 of my last 5 shows.)
    The yield tour was so much fun. Pearl Jam was very relaxed since the ticket master thing was over and fans were extremely excited since many were seeing them for the first time. oh, and yield kicks some serious ass live.
    in 98 I saw pj at the tibetan freedom concert, 2x la, 2x camden, east rutherford and 2x msg. i wish I had the money I have now in order to tour with them for a little bit.
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
  • joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,203
    Can't believe how the time flys.I thought DoTheEvo video was groundbreaking when I first saw it.
  • mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

The yield tour was so much fun. Pearl Jam was very relaxed since the ticket master thing was over and fans were extremely excited since many were seeing them for the first time. oh, and yield kicks some serious ass live.
    in 98 I saw pj at the tibetan freedom concert, 2x la, 2x camden, east rutherford and 2x msg. i wish I had the money I have now in order to tour with them for a little bit.
    2006 being the first time I saw them, the tours I would have want to be able to go to:

1. 2003
    2. 1994/1995
    3. 1998
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    98 is still the best performances ive seen of them. Saw them on tours before and obviously after. Yield Tour was unreal. Crowds were nuts because for lots of towns it was their first visit in 4 or 5 years. Matt's rawness was great. Every setlist was fantastic.

98 is still the best performances ive seen of them. Saw them on tours before and obviously after. Yield Tour was unreal. Crowds were nuts because for lots of towns it was their first visit in 4 or 5 years. Matt's rawness was great. Every setlist was fantastic.

Agreed. The yield tour was their finest imo.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    #Yield20
    I miss igotid88
    Let's get #Yield20 trending. Also everyone should listen on their spotify, amazon music, apple music, or whatever streaming site. Would like for Yield to get back on the charts
    I miss igotid88
  • Ernie VedderErnie Vedder Redlands, CA Posts: 2,221
    TJ25487 said:
    My 1st Pearl Jam show! July 14, 1998. Hbd Yield! And hbd Boom Gaspar and myself. 
    A54CDC74-AB63-4EC8-9B55-3658DDD136FC-13112-000005CA4B5AFE40_zps094ecfbc.jpg
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    How the fuck is Yield 20.   I remember asking one of the jr. managers at my work to pick me up a copy because the small town I lived in didn't get albums right away.   He totally did.  Yield is one of those rare albums I loved from the first play.  Never had to grow on me.
  • 20 years, man life is racing past me! I watched Single Video Theory last night again. Such great tunes. 
  • JbarkerJbarker Alberta Posts: 557
    Yield, you don’t look a day over 20.

I refuse to acknowledge the media labelling you as “a return to form”. PJ was always in form. Yield was just the peak of that form.
    Happy 20th Yield! You beautiful bastard! 
    "Sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky, a human being that was given to fly!"
    Where can I tattoo this on my body????
    Heeee's flying
    I miss igotid88
  • SarahSarah Toronto Posts: 736
    My favourite album of all-time.
    This record is my "Happy Place".
    "Somewhere in between / There and here / I got lost / I got scared..."
  • DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 630
    Posted my own little tribute on FB earlier today. 20 years has flown by!
    "It was 20 years ago today that Pearl Jam released their best album and my favorite album of all time, Yield. So many memories tied to this album, and I’m honestly still making them.

I remember my dad (Dan Chojnacki) going to Best Buy during the day and bringing copies of the album to school for me and Stephen Figoni (it even came with a free 45 record of the Merkin Ball ep). It was like torture having to sit through the rest of the school day knowing it was sitting in my locker I heard. But once that final bell rang, nothing would ever be quite the same.

Over the years things keep connecting me back to this album. I’ve been lucky enough to see 61% of the album performed live. I’ve even given a sermon based on this album.

Looking back is fun, but I look forward to what else this album may teach me down the road. I sincerely hope you have an album or other piece of art that is as important to you as Yield is to me. It’s evolution, baby!"

Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • TJ25487 said:
    Happy 20th Yield! You beautiful bastard! 
    "Sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky, a human being that was given to fly!"
    Where can I tattoo this on my body????
    Everywhere! Happy Yield day everybody. 
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    edited February 2018
    JaneNY said:
    A great album. Great in the car. Anyone remember the Yield nights on here from quite a few years ago? A bunch of people would hit play at the same time to synchronize listening and just talk about each track. It was fun.

Hi Jane!  Long time, no see.  #PJYIELD20 brought me back tonight.  Warming up with Rush' 2112 at the moment.

edit:  just realized that Jane's post was from 2 years ago.  LOL!  Carry on.

Post edited by fanch75 on
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,122
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    This need to go 2x platinum already. It's so close
    I miss igotid88