PJ show w/an infant - for those that have brought one, and for those who sat near someone who did

Comments

• ry75guyry75guy Posts: 213
    I've brought one of my daughters to see Springsteen at Wrigley when she was 6. I brought my other daughter to see Bob Dylan twice and later that year to see Avett Brothers (both in theaters) when she was 6. Way different than an infant, but I understood a couple of things going in: 
    1. I had to leave when they were ready or they would not only ruin my night, but everyone around us. This meant I had to cut the Springsteen and Avett Brothers shows short when I started seeing signs of them getting tired. My daughter went all the way through both Dylan shows. Go figure.
    2. We had to take our own intermission that lasted about a song or two to walk around, go to the bathroom, look at merch and get food. 
    3. I had to let them know that they'd hear swearing and probably smell "smoke"
    4. I wasn't going to get my full money's worth for the show. But the memories I had from each show are priceless to me.  
    I've been to shows where people have brought infants, toddlers, kids and it hasn't bothered me. No kid I've ever seen at a show has been annoying or ruined anything for me. I've noticed the kid is either asleep or singing / dancing along. Quite honestly, the kids I've seen have been much less of a distraction than fall-down drunks.
    Tinley Park, IL 08-02-1992
    Chicago, IL 07-19-2013
    Moline, IL 10-17-2014
    Chicago, IL 08-20-2016
    Chicago, IL 08-22-2016
    Chicago, IL 08-18-2018
    Chicago, IL 08-20-2018
    St. Louis, MO 09-18-2022
  • CM189191 said:
    stay off planes too, thx!
    I second third and fourth this. Parents, keep your whinny loud crying kids off the airplanes, take a bus or drive. Next crying kid who kicks my seat on a airplane is gunna get an eye roll from me. I mean it. Whose with me?
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170

When I saw Springsteen at Fenway in 2003, a couple behind me showed up with a baby in a snuggly much like mwplum mentions how he would bring his kid.

The couple and child were gone for the night during the second song.

This weekend we rock Portland
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    wbutler29 said:
    I get it.  He won't remember it, but having some pics and you guys telling him stories about it will make him appreciate  as he gets older.  These guys aren't getting any younger and the thought process of waiting till he's older may not be an option. 

Why would he appreciate it? 

Dad:  "You napped at one of the greatest Pearl Jam concerts". 

Son:  "Really, I was at Pearl Jam's 947th show and slept?   That is amazing.  I feel validated now as a human being.  Let me retreat to my room to enter this in my journal."

I think it is a dumb idea but people are gonna do what they want.  If you took your kid to see the new Star Wars moving at the theater, and the kid slept the entire time or didn't even know a movie was going on, has the kid seen Star Wars?  The answer is, no.   So there is nothing to appreciate.   

• PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    edited January 2018
    Surely anyone wouldn’t be serious about kids not being on a plane... that’s a joke, right?  If you’re serious, then that’s the most ridiculous fucking comment I’ve read on the forums in a long time.
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,449
    Said child must be old enough to safely be carried on your shoulders so as to catch Ed's attention in order to secure a tambourine. 
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Agree about the plane comment being idiotic.
    If it wasn't a joke it makes me laugh.  A lot.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • My wife and our 6 month old son flew to Quebec City for the show in 2015 and it was an awesome experience. Eddie waved to us during the show and we ended up on the big screen, which we have video of.  We met Jeff and Boom the next day while walking around Old Quebec so we have pictures with them as well to share with our son when he gets older. I am very confident he didn't disturb anyone at the show and we met more people because he was a reason for others to approach us and chat. We still went for drinks after the show with other PJ fans/friends and he slept in the corner. It was one of my favorite shows, a great family trip, and I'm very glad we took our son. I wouldn't have changed a thing. 
  • KC2917KC2917 Posts: 870
    CM189191 said:
    I second third and fourth this. Parents, keep your whinny loud crying kids off the airplanes, take a bus or drive. Next crying kid who kicks my seat on a airplane is gunna get an eye roll from me. I mean it. Whose with me?
    Man I really hope this is a joke. 
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    It's nice to known when I'm gone for like 3 months and I make my valiant return, that we're still talking about things like kids at shows. The answer is always, "depends on the kid." If you go and your kid is a shithead and impacting the good time of others; take the kid out to the hall. If your kid can go and have a great time; bring him/her. It really is that simple. Just know that when you bring your kid, you might not stay for 3 hours. And don't be the parent who makes their kid stay for 3 hours if the kid doesn't want to be there. It impacts those around you. Just be smart. You know how your kid, we don't. So only the parent can answer this one.
  • mwplummwplum Posts: 1,501
    I've been a public school teacher for over 20 years now and can tell some truly sad and nearly unfathomable stories about bad parenting.  Not surprised by this thread at all, just disappointed and disheartened to read that anyone would do this or even consider doing it.  Good parents always put their children first...bringing a small child/infant to a rock show is the antithesis of good parenting. Period.  I see no argument in which an infant benefits from attending a rock show. 
    Obviously can't stop you from bringing your infant, but if I saw you with your infant at the show, I wouldn't be shy in letting you know my opinion.  Find someone to watch your kid and go and enjoy the adult entertainment with other adults...adult language, adult activities etc.  No place for small children at all.  Wise up.  Can't believe anyone would even consider this.  Unreal.
    Bahaha, I'm really glad I started this thread it is really brings out some heated opinions!

My favourite was this person. Psssht, I'm glad I was never in one of your classes! You would have probably smacked me with a ruler and told me to WISE UP! I probably would have been so traumatized I would have dropped out from school.

I think its a bit of a stretch to infer that someone is a bad parent or that they don't put their kid's interests first, just because they consider taking their kids to a concert. When I found out we were having our first child, I not only quit drinking, but even walked away from a six-figure salary working as a downtown lawyer just so that I could be present for the birth of our child and to take the burden off of my wife during the first few months of his life. I went back to work when he was 4 months old, and have continued to make him the #1 priority in my life, so gfy lady!

Sounds like some of you who have actually brought your kids had great experiences. And like the one poster said, they really are like a backpack as an infant. He wouldn't be running up and down the aisles. One thing I forgot to consider was the fact that the Fenway floor will be seated. In my mind, I was thinking of Wrigley. At the 2 shows in 2016, more than half of the floor was empty, so my thought was put him in the baby bjorn (baby backpack), and watch the show towards the back rail. With the right ear protection, he wouldn't be exposed to loud sounds, he would be facing my chest (so little if any flashing lights), smoke and drunks would be the only worry, but could always walk away from people/smoke if they were close (as I do normally anyways). But who knows, maybe I'll just bring my mother-in-law to watch over him. Like someone had mentioned, it was more about if we were going to attend the show, that we wouldn't want to leave him with a unknown babysitter in a foreign city, and the connection to the 2016 show with the dedication to his grandfather.

Anyways, thanks for the supportive comments and those with constructive criticism too. Not a fan of the judgemental ones like mindyjohnson, but they sure made me laugh.

1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
  • mwplum said:
    I've been a public school teacher for over 20 years now and can tell some truly sad and nearly unfathomable stories about bad parenting.  Not surprised by this thread at all, just disappointed and disheartened to read that anyone would do this or even consider doing it.  Good parents always put their children first...bringing a small child/infant to a rock show is the antithesis of good parenting. Period.  I see no argument in which an infant benefits from attending a rock show. 
    Obviously can't stop you from bringing your infant, but if I saw you with your infant at the show, I wouldn't be shy in letting you know my opinion.  Find someone to watch your kid and go and enjoy the adult entertainment with other adults...adult language, adult activities etc.  No place for small children at all.  Wise up.  Can't believe anyone would even consider this.  Unreal.
    Bahaha, I'm really glad I started this thread it is really brings out some heated opinions!

My favourite was this person. Psssht, I'm glad I was never in one of your classes! You would have probably smacked me with a ruler and told me to WISE UP! I probably would have been so traumatized I would have dropped out from school.

I think its a bit of a stretch to infer that someone is a bad parent or that they don't put their kid's interests first, just because they consider taking their kids to a concert. When I found out we were having our first child, I not only quit drinking, but even walked away from a six-figure salary working as a downtown lawyer just so that I could be present for the birth of our child and to take the burden off of my wife during the first few months of his life. I went back to work when he was 4 months old, and have continued to make him the #1 priority in my life, so gfy lady!

Sounds like some of you who have actually brought your kids had great experiences. And like the one poster said, they really are like a backpack as an infant. He wouldn't be running up and down the aisles. One thing I forgot to consider was the fact that the Fenway floor will be seated. In my mind, I was thinking of Wrigley. At the 2 shows in 2016, more than half of the floor was empty, so my thought was put him in the baby bjorn (baby backpack), and watch the show towards the back rail. With the right ear protection, he wouldn't be exposed to loud sounds, he would be facing my chest (so little if any flashing lights), smoke and drunks would be the only worry, but could always walk away from people/smoke if they were close (as I do normally anyways). But who knows, maybe I'll just bring my mother-in-law to watch over him. Like someone had mentioned, it was more about if we were going to attend the show, that we wouldn't want to leave him with a unknown babysitter in a foreign city, and the connection to the 2016 show with the dedication to his grandfather.

Anyways, thanks for the supportive comments and those with constructive criticism too. Not a fan of the judgemental ones like mindyjohnson, but they sure made me laugh.

The difference between you and I? I would never even consider doing something that would be detrimental to any child, much less my own. Call it whatever you want, but my opinion on this is not incorrect. Call Child Protective Services and ask them if you should do this if you actually believe you are making the right choice. You already know what they'd say.
    It's dumbfounding that an attorney, obviously one who is well educated, would ever remotely consider doing this, but hey, we live in a world now in which virtually anything goes and is seen as acceptable behavior (think Trump) so I really shouldn't be surprised.
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    mwplum said:

The difference between you and I? I would never even consider doing something that would be detrimental to any child, much less my own. Call it whatever you want, but my opinion on this is not incorrect. Call Child Protective Services and ask them if you should do this if you actually believe you are making the right choice. You already know what they'd say.
    It's dumbfounding that an attorney, obviously one who is well educated, would ever remotely consider doing this, but hey, we live in a world now in which virtually anything goes and is seen as acceptable behavior (think Trump) so I really shouldn't be surprised.
    I'm sure that CPS has bigger concerns. Underfunded, understaffed, overworked and absolutely saturated with opiod-addicted parent foster kiddos.  OP is taking care of his kiddo.  Not a choice you would make.  We get it.  

As I said before, OP, whatever your decision, I hope that you have a fantastic time -- baby wearing or no. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,664
    My kids are 9 and 6 now and every now and then when its PJ time i get the 'Dad can I come and see Pearl Jam line?' - now this isnt because they love PJ or anything - its because they want to do what I do. I understand that too. But i say no, they are not coming with me until I can be certain they can last the night, and not get fed up after an hour and start to impact upon my enjoyment of what is one of the highlights of my year. I suppose that makes me a little selfish, but this is my thing - and I look forward to it way too much to have it possibly spoiled. I do hope to take them one day when they can appreciate it and fully enjoy it - and by that part of their lives they may have no interest in doing so. 

I saw a parent at a Green Day show last year get spotted by Billie Joe - spotlight went to the seated area he was in and he was trying desperately hard to wake his kid up to parade him to Billie - the kid started crying and shielding his face and still the stupid buffoon was trying to loft his kid into the air to get some bloody drumsticks. It was hideous. 

I have come across young kids at the front of pj shows however that did look to have an amazing time, and yes they got their parents tambourines, but on occasion I felt those kids didnt look for a minute like they didnt want to be there and were having the times of their lives. Everyone is different, and being judgemental helps no one. People should know their kids well enough to make that call. However an infant ? i really wouldnt think its a good idea but each to his own
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434

Not an infant and though I believe that I have posted this picture somewhere else here, I just love this kiddo.  This was a couple of years ago at Rob Zombie and Korn.  We were all at the back of the lawn.  (Show was sold out, so there were 15,000 people.) She was having a great time and we loved watching her parents with her.  

I should add that of any shows I have gone to where kids have been, the metal community is the absolute best I have ever seen with kids.  They don't care how old they are.  They don't care how tall they are.  High fives, some real get-to-know-you conversations going on and they ALWAYS watch out for the kids. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,449
    pdalowsky said:
    My kids are 9 and 6 now and every now and then when its PJ time i get the 'Dad can I come and see Pearl Jam line?' - now this isnt because they love PJ or anything - its because they want to do what I do. I understand that too. But i say no, they are not coming with me until I can be certain they can last the night, and not get fed up after an hour and start to impact upon my enjoyment of what is one of the highlights of my year. I suppose that makes me a little selfish, but this is my thing - and I look forward to it way too much to have it possibly spoiled. I do hope to take them one day when they can appreciate it and fully enjoy it - and by that part of their lives they may have no interest in doing so. 

I saw a parent at a Green Day show last year get spotted by Billie Joe - spotlight went to the seated area he was in and he was trying desperately hard to wake his kid up to parade him to Billie - the kid started crying and shielding his face and still the stupid buffoon was trying to loft his kid into the air to get some bloody drumsticks. It was hideous. 

I have come across young kids at the front of pj shows however that did look to have an amazing time, and yes they got their parents tambourines, but on occasion I felt those kids didnt look for a minute like they didnt want to be there and were having the times of their lives. Everyone is different, and being judgemental helps no one. People should know their kids well enough to make that call. However an infant ? i really wouldnt think its a good idea but each to his own
    Well said.

No one can prevent the parent/s from taking a <2 year old to see the band but as long as the child's best interests are put before the parent/s' enjoyment there shouldn't be an issue. Proper hearing protection is a must obviously but other than that if the child is sleeping no one can call foul. Having said that, the parent/s should not expect fellow fans to sacrifice their own enjoyment in order to accommodate their unique situation. In this situation, the parent/s should take a very passive approach and do everything possible not to inconvenience those around the baby as in this situation a baby's presence isn't expected or desired by most. 
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    I can't think of any circumstance that would make me want to bring a baby to a Pearl Jam concert TBH.  
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786
    mwplum said:

*between you and ME
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • KC2917 said:
    CM189191 said:
    Man I really hope this is a joke. 
    Yes, I was joking. 
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,758
    The biggest problem I see, is you really don't have a place where you can safely and comfortably be in your own space.  If there were GA at Fenway, you could just hang back near the far barrier near the board or something and despite some overzealous people here flogging you about parenting skills, you would be fine if you take all the steps to protect the ears.  But that is not the way Fenway is set up.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    PB11041 said:
    The biggest problem I see, is you really don't have a place where you can safely and comfortably be in your own space.  If there were GA at Fenway, you could just hang back near the far barrier near the board or something and despite some overzealous people here flogging you about parenting skills, you would be fine if you take all the steps to protect the ears.  But that is not the way Fenway is set up.
    Not if you want to see the stage. If you are willing to only hear the show there are such spaces in the concourse underneath the grandstand/bleachers and on Yawkey Way.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    edited January 2018
    An infant at a PJ should is not advised.  Older kids at the parents discretion, but if they are gonna be cranky up late and sleep through it, just leave them home with a sitter.  I agree with Paul.
    Post edited by PP193448 on
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    edited January 2018
    mwplum said:

As a mandated reporter and former child therapist - you would be wasting CPS's time with a call like that. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    CM189191 said:
    mwplum said:

*between you and ME
    I'm guessing that Ms. Johnson is not an English teacher.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Let’s look at another scenario-Would you bring your 90 year old mother to a Rave or to Quiet Riot concert? 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    edited January 2018
    Let’s look at another scenario-Would you bring your 90 year old mother to a Rave or to Quiet Riot concert? 
    My grandma drank me under the table as an 86 year old.  I was 21 and in near peak drinking shape...never underestimate some old timers!  :)

That said...she did just sit at a table and stay there most of the night.  She was a rare fucking bird, that one.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    edited January 2018
    dankind said:
    CM189191 said:
    mwplum said:

*between you and ME
    I'm guessing that Ms. Johnson is not an English teacher.

I would say say something like, oh I can’t believe you went there with that comment... but I already know that Dan lives there...
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    well, mindy knows all folks! no discussion to be had! 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• mwplummwplum Posts: 1,501
    Haha, mindyjohnson you easily confuse the contemplation of doing something with actually doing it. Firstly, we're talking about a PJ show here, which in my experience is typically comprised of well educated, polite, and considerate middle aged people. Of course you're going to get the odd idiot in any crowd, but I'd say amongst the Pearl Jam fan base the proportion of said idiots is much less than an average crowd. A PJ show in 2018 is not the same as it was in 1992, nor is it a circle-mosh punk show or a sweaty drug-fuelled EDM show.

I stared this thread nine months in advance of the shows to get some feedback for contemplation because:
    a) I wanted to put my child's interests first - and see if anyone had brought an infant with success and/or failure; and
    b) because I wanted to be considerate of other fans around us if we were to bring our little guy - to see if anyone has had their concert experience negatively affected by a young one.

If you called child services, you would be wasting their time. The lynchpin that got me to quit drinking was the fact that we were having a child. I have been present, alert, and attentive for every moment of his life. I was there for the 17 hours of labour and actually caught him when he came into this world (yes, the hospital let me do that). I slept on the floor in the hospital for the first five days while he was treated for jaundice. As previously mentioned, I was there for every moment of his first four months, and now that I'm back at work, I am here in the morning to hug him and say goodbye, and when the work day is over I rush home to relieve my wife and we play for a few hours before giving him his nightly bath and put him to sleep. Weekends are spent entirely at home, or on family outings. All of that to say, you may want to consider that you don't have all the facts before lashing out in such a harsh and judgemental way.

1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,329
    as a parent of 2 kids, there is no way I would consider taking an 18 month old to a concert.   
    1.  Its a night time event, and in most cases, you wont be getting home until 11:30 Pm at the earliest, most likely even later than that. 
    2. Its attended by 40K people, many of whom are drinking, or other things.  
    3. While an 18 month old can enjoy music....3 hours of loud, dark and scary are a different story.  

My daughter as gone to 2 concerts, and she has genuinely enjoyed them.   But she is 8 years old.  She can walk, she knows the songs by heart, she is used to staying up later every once in a while.  I dont have to carry her around, or change her diapers, or worry she is going deaf, cause she had earplugs. 

Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.