West Coast Eagles thread

Comments

• No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126
    i_lov_it said:
    i_lov_it said:
    No Coder said:
    Can't wait for this season to start. New Perth stadium looks great and the competitiveness of the season should be good across the board (except Nth Melb who did nothing in offseason to improve their team)
    My team (Lions) finally have shown some signs of being on a build in the right direction. We finished bottom last season, but still fought out most games and showed good signs. Letting Schache go hurt a bit, but he showed no willingness to put in the hard yards and if he doesn't want to be there - see ya later. In saying that, if he can get his head right, I think he has the playing ability to be a very good player for the Bulldogs. Rayner has already signed on for another 2 years which will silence any questions of his commitment to stay and McCluggage has also resigned. 
    North drafted this guy
    http://www.nmfc.com.au/news/2017-11-24/2017-draft-pick-4

Ok that's interesting so a Midfielder hey?...how do you think he'll go?
    I've seen his U18 videos on youtube, reminds me of Patrick Dangerfield.
    He should be a gun.

Ok yeah and I looked at his Height too...quite tall could easily switch between Midfield and Forward...
    from that link...
    “The most complete midfielder in the pool"

Yeah, he does look the goods. The draft pool this year was pretty even across the top 6+ picks, with Rayner not being a consensus Number 1 pick. I'm happy we got him their, as I think he suits what we need, but there will be plenty from this draft who will be solid.

Nth are in an interesting situation, where they have sort of looked at going to a full rebuild, without actually doing it 100%. Most of there aged players are now gone, so should be a fair few opportunities for the young guys. Thought they may have traded Goldstein, but maybe there wasn't the return for him they wanted. I hope they develop quickly, as I've always liked the Roos, but from the outside there does not appear to be a lot of great young players coming through

I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    i_lov_it said:
    i_lov_it said:
    No Coder said:
    Can't wait for this season to start. New Perth stadium looks great and the competitiveness of the season should be good across the board (except Nth Melb who did nothing in offseason to improve their team)
    My team (Lions) finally have shown some signs of being on a build in the right direction. We finished bottom last season, but still fought out most games and showed good signs. Letting Schache go hurt a bit, but he showed no willingness to put in the hard yards and if he doesn't want to be there - see ya later. In saying that, if he can get his head right, I think he has the playing ability to be a very good player for the Bulldogs. Rayner has already signed on for another 2 years which will silence any questions of his commitment to stay and McCluggage has also resigned. 
    North drafted this guy

He should be a gun.

Ok yeah and I looked at his Height too...quite tall could easily switch between Midfield and Forward...
    from that link...
    That's a really Good signing for North...
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    i_lov_it said:
    i_lov_it said:
    i_lov_it said:
    No Coder said:
    North drafted this guy

He should be a gun.

from that link...
    That's a really Good signing for North...
    Never know with draft orders.
    Dusty #3 and look at him.
    Same with Dangerfield and Fyfe, they were not high picks.
    And remember Tambling, Trengove, Watts.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    Thielen is questionable.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    SUPER BOWL!!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    SUPER BOWL!!
    Grand Final
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    edited January 2018
    SUPER BOWL!!
    Grand Final
    I think Juggler has the Wrong Football Code lol
    Post edited by i_lov_it on
    Juggler is a Freo fan.
    Juggler is a Freo fan.
    Haha this made me laugh :lol:
    i_lov_it said:
    Juggler is a Freo fan.
    I think 5.5 is an Eagles line? Maybe?
    chinese-happy.jpg
    i_lov_it said:
    Juggler is a Freo fan.

Hey Juggler it's all Good man...not to mention it was very mean of TA to assume you're a Dockers fan right? :tongue: hehe...by the way what's a 5.5 line?

Congratulations on the Philadelphia Eagles making the Super Bowl :)

• markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    i_lov_it said:
    i_lov_it said:
    Juggler is a Freo fan.

Hey Juggler it's all Good man...not to mention it was very mean of TA to assume you're a Dockers fan right? :tongue: hehe...by the way what's a 5.5 line?

5.5 line refers to the point spread for gambling purposes. Last I saw, the Philly Eagles were 5 point underdogs.

Fwiw, after reading the thread and wikipedia research, I'd be interested in seeing some Aussie rules football. I'll have to see if I can find a stream some time.
    edited January 2018
    i_lov_it said:
    i_lov_it said:
    Juggler is a Freo fan.

5.5 line refers to the point spread for gambling purposes. Last I saw, the Philly Eagles were 5 point underdogs.

Fwiw, after reading the thread and wikipedia research, I'd be interested in seeing some Aussie rules football. I'll have to see if I can find a stream some time.

Ok thanks for the Information...yes definitely give Aussie Rules a go...if you get confused it's ok because even I get confused because they keep changing the Rules or just make up new Rules lol
    Post edited by i_lov_it on
    Fly eagles, fly
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    Fly eagles, fly
    surprised you beat the Juggler to this :lol: 
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    Fly eagles, fly
    surprised you beat the Juggler to this :lol: 
    haha!
    edited February 2018
    Philly can use this song too...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yr5vcF66lH8
    Rules question:

What happens after a tackle? The rules I've read just state that the player has to dispose of the ball. Does he just let it go and it's a free for all or is it a turnover to the other team?
    Rules question:

What happens after a tackle? The rules I've read just state that the player has to dispose of the ball. Does he just let it go and it's a free for all or is it a turnover to the other team?
    When a player is tackled, he has to dispose of the ball correctly by either kicking the ball or hand passing the ball. They cannot throw the ball or just drop it. If they are caught and cannot dispose of the ball, then the opposition tackler gets a free kick. The free kick is for "Holding The Ball" or "Incorrect disposal" if it has just been dropped or thrown 

The umpire must decide if the player has had opportunity to dispose of the ball, so if he has just caught the ball and had no reasonable chance to kick or hand pass, then the tackle will be made and if the ball does not come loose out of the tackle, the umpire will restart that game with a ball up. They will give the players a bit of time to see if they can knock the ball out of the tackled area, so it can then be play on.

Like all sports, the umpiring is subjective, so you will often hear the crowd screaming BALL, which is appealing for the umpire to give a free kick for holding the ball, but in the interest of keeping the game free flowing, they do let players get away with some leniency in this.

Sounds complicated now that I've explained it, but far less complicated than NFL Rules

Thank you for the explanation! I think I understood all of that. Just reading the rules without examples made it seem very vague about what disposing the ball entails. Haven't had a chance yet, but want to look up some vids on YouTube.
    Thank you for the explanation! I think I understood all of that. Just reading the rules without examples made it seem very vague about what disposing the ball entails. Haven't had a chance yet, but want to look up some vids on YouTube.
    No worries. Hop eyou enjoy it. It will take a little while to grasp, but give it a go, it's a bloody great game and tough as nails.

AFL will be perfect for you to cope with post NFL season blues.
    AFL will be perfect for you to cope with post NFL season blues.
    I could take or leave the NFL. I am missing college football though.
    Hungry for football
    Hungry for football
    Yes, can't wait for the season to start. Supercoach team has been picked (with 20 changes probably coming shortly) and that just makes it harder to wait

No Coder said:
    Hungry for football
    Yes, can't wait for the season to start. Supercoach team has been picked (with 20 changes probably coming shortly) and that just makes it harder to wait
    I can't be bothered with Supercoach. Tried it once and gave up early.

Will McGovern stay or go?
    No Coder said:
    Hungry for football

I did it religiously 10 years ago and back then it was a lot harder to be good at it, as there was no websites telling you who all the bargains were etc. Now only pick a team at the start of the year and check it every now and then and normally by 5-6 rounds in, I'm over it, but I have a group of mates and we all enter into our own league with some prize money attached, so it adds some banter when we're catching up over a beer

No Coder said:
    No Coder said:
    Hungry for football

I did it religiously 10 years ago and back then it was a lot harder to be good at it, as there was no websites telling you who all the bargains were etc. Now only pick a team at the start of the year and check it every now and then and normally by 5-6 rounds in, I'm over it, but I have a group of mates and we all enter into our own league with some prize money attached, so it adds some banter when we're catching up over a beer
    I have no motivation to check the stats and do all the changes.
    I prefer tipping.
    Hungry for football
    Well less then Three weeks away :)