I won too many Euro Tickets 2018

2»

Comments

• deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    FabienR78 said:
    Same here, i won 3 gigs, thinking : i'm lucky if I get one and go with my wife, i could even offer a pair of tickets to my little bro and thinking it was unlikely i won the 3! I can't even offer them! 
    I understand there are rules, but not being able to sell them at face value to people who have entered the draw and lost, I don't see the point. The tickets are charged anyway, either from Member A who won, or would have been charged to B if he/she had won. So, where's the issue with refunding or giving them to next in line with one consent?  
    You can sell them at face value. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • thanks @deadendp , But i'll need to be there in person, right? 
    edited December 2017
    FabienR78 said:
    thanks @deadendp , But i'll need to be there in person, right? 
    Yes. You need to pick them up in person with your photo ID. They set the Will Call times and email that in advance. They cut down on scalpers this way. 

** I should clarify that the individual who purchased the tickets has to be the one to pick up the tickets. (Whoever the 10c member is.) And yes, they check IDs. 
    Post edited by deadendp on
  • deadendp said:
    Yes. You need to pick them up in person with your photo ID. They set the Will Call times and email that in advance. They cut down on scalpers this way. 

** I should clarify that the individual who purchased the tickets has to be the one to pick up the tickets. (Whoever the 10c member is.) And yes, they check IDs. 
    I understand the precautions, just not that easy to organise, but I'll manage! and is there a way to offer (Christmas gift) to a close family member (my little cousin like my bro...)?
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,989
    FabienR78 said:
    Same here, i won 3 gigs, thinking : i'm lucky if I get one and go with my wife, i could even offer a pair of tickets to my little bro and thinking it was unlikely i won the 3! I can't even offer them! 
    I understand there are rules, but not being able to sell them at face value to people who have entered the draw and lost, I don't see the point. The tickets are charged anyway, either from Member A who won, or would have been charged to B if he/she had won. So, where's the issue with refunding or giving them to next in line with one consent?  
    This would create artificial demand and make it harder for others to win the lottery.  If you can only make it to 1 show, then only enter the lottery for 1 show.  The rules are clear.
    FabienR78 said:
    deadendp said:

I understand the precautions, just not that easy to organise, but I'll manage! and is there a way to offer (Christmas gift) to a close family member (my little cousin like my bro...)?
    As long as you can be at the venue to pick up the tickets and hand them off to him, sure. 

I agree with Copper Tom. Rules are very clear and 10c adheres to those rules. If you find that you cannot make it, contact 10c to let them know. You will NOT get your money back but they will donate the tickets. I've know people who had to do that. Better to let someone experience the show than to let the overpurchased tickets go to complete waste. 
  • monkeyphoenixmonkeyphoenix London Posts: 27
    If anyone has a spare GA ticket for the Tuesday 19th June London show (2nd show), please let me know, will 100% take it (buy it from you as per ten club rules).
  • I understand the lottery part, but yes, it would be really unfair if the tickets were "won'". They are purchased.. therefore the person who has spent the money need to gracefully give up to another one who has the same interest and was willing to pay for it but didn't get it? There is no "second thought", or give the opportunity to make someone else happy.
    I had read the rules before entering the draw, and I remembered clearly that I committed to purchase them (my credit card has been debited), but I still find the rules to exchange or re-sell (with NO mark up) INSIDE the club too tight.. 
    FabienR78 said:
    I understand the lottery part, but yes, it would be really unfair if the tickets were "won'". They are purchased.. therefore the person who has spent the money need to gracefully give up to another one who has the same interest and was willing to pay for it but didn't get it? There is no "second thought", or give the opportunity to make someone else happy.
    I had read the rules before entering the draw, and I remembered clearly that I committed to purchase them (my credit card has been debited), but I still find the rules to exchange or re-sell (with NO mark up) INSIDE the club too tight.. 
    TM was always an option. 

Rules are clear and I am sure that years of stories of reselling and personal tour funding through ticket reselling went into their thought process.

They don't allow mark ups because that would encourage the machine that is scalping. If people desire to do that outside of 10c, that is their own gig. However, 10c will not allow it under the umbrella of 10c membership. You can get bounced for that. 

I'm sorry that you are dissatisfied with the 10c ticket purchasing policies, but you had to click the lil box stating that you understood them prior to purchase. Are they inflexible? Yes. Most of us work with it and understand those parameters prior to committing though. 
  • I don't want to make any mark up, not the intention, never was and won't be
    just having hte possibility with the 10c to pass on for a reason (good reason) to someone else who has not been drawn in the lottery. the funds are with the organisation for at least 7months: having 2 members willing to agree to swap the tickets would require from the organisation 1. name change 2. a refund on a CC they debited: it would stay within the 10c, avoid mark up (fully agree with that) and you could even imagine adding a layer of: you can do that once every 2 years or some kind of limits.. Technically i don't think it is hard, it stays within clear boundaries.. It was a first for me, and it will be the first time in 25 years I'm following PJ I'm gonna see PJ live (I go to the Barcelona one with my wife). But I sincerely and honestly didn't think I could possibly win the Italian gig and Barcelona, and I did.. 
    edited December 2017
    They pass the tickets on to charity. They don't cycle back through people who missed out on lottery. 

We'll agree to disagree on this one and label it as lesson learned that is warned prior to ticket purchase-- make certain that whatever tickets you put in for are shows that you can absolutely attend or be in place to retrieve the physical tickets from Will Call. 
  • RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,350
    A lot of people are learning very expensive lessons this time around.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    RP112579 said:
    A lot of people are learning very expensive lessons this time around.
    On the bright side....makes more elbow room in the 10C section ;)
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,993
    The way the lottery works, you don't know if you will get tickets to 1 show, 4 shows, or get shut out of them all. The system leads to these types of things happening. It is what it is.
  • the terms were clear - I went in for 3 dates, thinking I'd be lucky to get one - I got all 3 so have just gone for it, now going to 4 and hoping to find a ticket for London 1 too. 
  • aurelgugusaurelgugus France & Luxembourg Posts: 499
    Swapping would be convenient but operationnaly not viable for Ten club. They would have to manage too many requests. Moreover it would encourage people to enter to all dates.
    Maybe they should add a possibility to specify the maximum of tickets you want to buy...
    I would personally be more interested in being a able to buy single and not pairs of tickets.
    2012 : Amsterdam 2
    2014 : Amsterdam 1&2, Milan, Berlin, Werchter
    2018 : Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London 1, Berlin, Werchter, London 2
    2020 : ?
  • GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,507
    the terms were clear - I went in for 3 dates, thinking I'd be lucky to get one - I got all 3 so have just gone for it, now going to 4 and hoping to find a ticket for London 1 too. 
    Exactly. The terms were crystal clear. :) 
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• canuck79canuck79 Posts: 120
    I won a pair of ticktes for Padova-Jun 24 (GA), Rome- Jun 26 (GA),Prague-Jul 01(GA), Krakow-Jul 03 (GA), Berlin-Jul 05 (GA), Barcelona-Jul 10 (GA), I was planning to go with my girl but we broke up. I`ll go to all gigs by my self so an extra ticket for all shows above is available. Gonna be sold by face value. 
    PM sent for Padova tix. 
    "Run away my son. See it all. Oh see the world.
    ----
    1998 - Montreal 8/20
    2003 - Montreal 6/29
    2006 - Boston 5/24, Boston 5/25
    2008 - Mansfield, MA 6/28
    2009 - Toronto 8/21
    2010 - Buffalo 5/10, Berlin, DE 6/30
    2011 - East Troy, WI 9/3, East Troy, WI 9/4, Toronto 9/11, Toronto 9/12, Hamilton, ON 9/15
    2013 - London, ON 7/16
    2016 - Ottawa 5/8, Toronto 5/10, Toronto 5/12, Boston 8/7
    2018 - London, UK 6/18, Milan, IT 6/22, Chicago 8/18, Chicago 8/20
    2022 - Hamilton, ON 09/06, Toronto 09/08, Nashville 09/16
    2023 - Chicago 09/07, Austin, TX 09/18, Austin, TX 09/19
    EV Solo
    2008 - Toronto 8/13
    2011 - Detroit 6/26
    TOTD
    2016 - NYC 11/7
  • mc1719mc1719 Posts: 7
    I won 2 spare 10c tickets for Rome but I won't be there....
  • chelsea48chelsea48 Posts: 594
    mc1719 said:
    Waste of money then?
  • mc1719mc1719 Posts: 7
    chelsea48 said:
    mc1719 said:
    Waste of money then?
    Unfortunately yes, since it is not possible to sell them to another 10c member
  • Mikemzl91Mikemzl91 Posts: 484
    mc1719 said:
    chelsea48 said:
    mc1719 said:
    Waste of money then?
    Unfortunately yes, since it is not possible to sell them to another 10c member
    More like wasted ticket.
  • I won a pair of ticktes for Padova-Jun 24 (GA), Rome- Jun 26 (GA),Prague-Jul 01(GA), Krakow-Jul 03 (GA), Berlin-Jul 05 (GA), Barcelona-Jul 10 (GA), I was planning to go with my girl but we broke up. I`ll go to all gigs by my self so an extra ticket for all shows above is available. Gonna be sold by face value. 
    PM sent for Prague tix
  • SM188389 said:
    I feel your pain - I didn't read the terms and conditions carefully and ended up with a couple of extra tickets too! If anyone wants a pair of standing tickets for London 19/6 (2nd night) let me know.

What's the deal with fan club ticket sales - I'm assuming face value is acceptable or does it need to be like-for-like trade?
    Are the standing ones still available?
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    I got shut out of both local (Fenway) shows last time around. It's annoying to see people buy whatever they can get their hands on then figure out what to do with them later. I'm in favor of anything the 10C does to curb this, especially making them non-refundable/non-transferable. Looks like some extra wrinkles for US ballpark shows this year, which is nice.
  • You dont have to explain anything to these people as to why your tix cant be utilized.    Shit happens!! those who dont like it should learn to keep it to themselves!!