Download Manager/NUGS doesn't work and is a security risk

Brian_BoBrian_Bo Posts: 46
edited November 2017 in Technical Stuff and Help
I've just spent the last hour trying to download my Wrigley shows. From what I can tell the java code nugs runs on has been deprecated by Firefox, Chrome and MS Edge. It's just not supported anymore and thus will never work again. Your vendor, Nugs, needs to put out a modern web UI. Or you need to find a new vendor. 

I used the old Internet Explorer as my last option, and it will begin to launch the app. However due to the site not being on https, and due to an out of date certificate, IE will not run the downloader. 

Manual downloading requires 4 clicks per song. That's 144 clicks just to obtain the files for just one of the two albums I just purchased, which is a nightmare of an option after spending $15 on the FLAC option.  At this point it is easier and quicker to download an illegal copy of the album! Please fix this so this isn't true anymore. 

Post edited by Brian_Bo on

Comments

• same ,brutal...ive downloaded shows before but this time just a blank screen.....do not have the time to do all songs individually...
  • I just purchased the download from my iPhone. Have to be able to click control to down load. That doesn’t work on a smart phone. So I installed the Nugs app. But there isn’t away to download the purchase into the app. So now I spent $10 to have the bootleg not downloadable. 
  • cornelia.hcornelia.h Vienna Posts: 47
    Same here, blank screen...
    Salzburg 2000, Vienna 2006, Munich 2007, Novarock 2007, Prag, Berlin 1 + 2, Stockholm 2012, EV London 1 + 2 2012, Vienna 2014, EV Berlin 2017, Berlin 2018, EV Amsterdam I + II 2019
  • hermanteeringhermanteering lelystad Posts: 3
    Well, next in line. Same here!! 
  • Mike D88Mike D88 Tampa Posts: 722
    I was about to start a thread about this, because downloading Wrigley reminded me how bad this is.

No modern browser supports this nonsense from Nugs.

And with the release of Firefox Quantum, automatic downloader extensions are no longer out there. At the very least, downloads should be offered in a ZIP archive, so you don't have to sit there and click->save each track from the manual download page.
    i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    2008 Tampa - 2013 Buffalo - 2016 Tampa - 2016 Fenway II
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
  • Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,491
    I've experienced the same frustration with their download manager.  Perhaps bombarding their customer support will get them to address the problem.
  • This is what 10C support sent me:

This appears to be a technical issue.
    Here is a link to the Frequently Asked Question* section at nugs.net: http://www.livedownloads.com/help.aspx
    (*some of the policies and questions do not apply to 10 Club-specific purchases)

If you are unable to find an answer here, please contact helpdesk@livedownloads.com and they will help you come up with a solution to your issue.
  • AO253126AO253126 Posts: 363
    For what it's worth, I sent an e-mail to helpdesk@livedownloads.com but I received an auto-reply saying that help@nugs.net is the correct address.

This is pretty frustrating overall though. Browser-based java has been deprecated for at least a few years now by the major vendors (Chrome, Firefox, IE, Opera), so it would've been nice if nugs had converted this download manger to HTML5 or some other supported technology during the period where Java was still supported. Now however, none of these browsers support applets, so our only recourse is to download each file separately. Hopefully nugs support comes back with something.
    Or, y'know, a ZIP archive to make it one download. Any other method is really just over-complicating a simple problem.
    i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
  • AO253126AO253126 Posts: 363
    Mike D88 said:
    Or, y'know, a ZIP archive to make it one download. Any other method is really just over-complicating a simple problem.
    Yeah, definitely :smile:
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175

I thought it was just my incompetence.....

makes me feel a little better about downloading every song individually.

Nugs- get with it!!!

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• bwillis72bwillis72 Lake Zurich Posts: 2
    You all sound better off than me.  I have always struggled with these downloads but this time seems worse than before.

I'm a grown man and on the verge of tears, since frustrated rants aren't working.

Please, Ten Club/Nugs, let's do something to make this so much easier; I have to endure this process to download the ALAC versions. ...sigh.
  • BHealyBHealy Flagstaff, Arizona Posts: 466
    edited November 2017
    I can't get my downloads from nugs either and sent a note to the helpdesk, which sent me a dead link back. I was able to get a few songs downloaded from the Wrigley boot I purchased but the the link to the other that 10C sent me was completely dead. 
    Post edited by BHealy on
  • BHealyBHealy Flagstaff, Arizona Posts: 466
    edited November 2017
    Ha! The helpdesk email had stated to respond to this email if trouble persisted, which I did, and then got this: 

Customer Service has moved.

Please visit help.nugs.net or email: help@nugs.net

Thanks,
    nugs.net (LiveDownloads) Support Team
  • bwillis72bwillis72 Lake Zurich Posts: 2
    BHealy said:
    Ha! The helpdesk email had stated to respond to this email if trouble persisted, which I did, and then got this: 

Customer Service has moved.

Please visit help.nugs.net or email: help@nugs.net

Thanks,
    nugs.net (LiveDownloads) Support Team

So, you're saying that you're having more luck than me?  Hahahaha... Hopefully, for our collective benefit, this process will change soon. Until then, head over to Beaver Street and sip the day away.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    I've had these same issues with the download manager....have to download the songs individually.  Such nonsense.
  • Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,491
    I emailed them and got the response to use a different browser.  That's it.  It doesn't work in pretty much any browser!  Nothing is going to happen anytime soon I fear.
  • DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,413
    For what it's worth, I recently purchased a couple shows direct from nugs, and the download manager that runs direct from their site worked fine, downloaded all the songs in one batch.  When it came time to use my download code with my membership renewal here, I was forced to go song-by-song (since the nugs site doesn't recognize purchases made direct from the PJ store).  Moving forward, I'll be going through nugs as much as possible.
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • My mistake was ordering several shows at the beginning of thew sale and the download manager worked ok after I changed a security setting. Then ordered more a few days into the sale and now there is no option to download the whole album like I did before. Now it is by each song and it's not showing up in other applications. COME ON NUGS!!
    Even if you can manage to get the Java applet to run, you shouldn't. No one in 2017 should have Java installed in their browser.
    i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
  • joswald21joswald21 Philly Posts: 3
    edited December 2017
    Is there a solution?  I can't get Download Manually to work in any of the three (2) browsers.  As they say in Ireland, frus-STRAY-tin at best...

When I tried to navigate to Nugs in FireFox and Edge, I got the bizarre "security" page with the automated voice telling me that I've been hacked and need to call a phone number.

Is Nugs run by a bunch of SLACKERS?
    Post edited by joswald21 on
  • Having the same problem. Even a download manager work, because links make something strange with asp or session. I tried lots of different ways and only, click on the right button and "Save link as..." is the only option.

Time to renew the technology behind this downloads, please