What is your current favorite guitar?

brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593
What are playing most these day? Any particular reason why?

My favorite right now is my little LX1 "Little Martin".  I've had this guitar for a couple of years and never really cared for it's tone.  Not, that is, until it was suggested I try a set of D'Addario Silk and Steel  light gauge .011-.047 strings.  All of the sudden I'm hearing these rivers of sweet tone coming out of the instrument.  It's currently my go-to guitar. 

Here it is to the left of a standard sized Martin dreadnought:

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Comments

• dudemandudeman Posts: 2,962
    Nice, Brian. 

I've been playing electric six string lately. My modified Fender Blacktop Strat gets most of my attention. (On the left).
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • ShynerShyner Posts: 1,226
    Takamine acoustic
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593
    dudeman said:
    Nice, Brian. 

I've been playing electric six string lately. My modified Fender Blacktop Strat gets most of my attention. (On the left).
    Nice set up, dudeman!  :plus_one:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    My 1987 Martin D-18 limited edition (7 of 15) quilted mahogany baby is my favorite, but it's too nerve-racking to play it around the kids.

I just picked up a beater Fender F-200 that sounds a lot better than I thought it would (perhaps thanks to a local luthier), and the kids and I can go to town on that thing.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593
    dankind said:
    My 1987 Martin D-18 limited edition (7 of 15) quilted mahogany baby is my favorite, but it's too nerve-racking to play it around the kids.

I just picked up a beater Fender F-200 that sounds a lot better than I thought it would (perhaps thanks to a local luthier), and the kids and I can go to town on that thing.
    Wise choice, Dan!