2016 was a good year to be a Pearl Jam fan....

13»

Comments

• mschostokmschostok Chicago, IL Posts: 858
    tschav said:
    It's tough not to think about the highs of seeing them outside of Chicago - experiencing the floor shaking at MSG for two nights, visiting Fenway for the first time, and then getting two nights at Wrigley with one of them being front and center in GA. Didn't hurt that EV was running around Wrigley during the Cubs playoffs either. If it weren't for the epic Hot Stove show in Boston, and EV's surprise addition to Obama's farewell speech, it would've been tough to go from 2016 to no PJ shows this year.

The floor shaking at MSG was nuts. When Go started on night one, unbelievable.
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    Eddie Vedder Obama Farewell Address 2017
    Eddie Vedder Louisville, KY 2017
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020
  • dpduke69dpduke69 Raleigh, NC Posts: 187

Both SC shows were unreal last year. vs in full was outrageous in Gville and the encores for Columbia with Footsteps, All Those Yesterdays, Chloe/Crown of Thorns, SoLAT, was just fantastic. Will never forget that week of shows. Was only going to do Gville and Raleigh but we all know how that played out. Added the Columbia show last minute and drove all the way back to Raleigh to get up and go to work after 2 hours sleep. Sooo worth it. Can't wait til next time.

2013: Charlotte
    2016: Greenville Columbia
  • SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    dpduke69 said:

Both SC shows were unreal last year. vs in full was outrageous in Gville and the encores for Columbia with Footsteps, All Those Yesterdays, Chloe/Crown of Thorns, SoLAT, was just fantastic. Will never forget that week of shows. Was only going to do Gville and Raleigh but we all know how that played out. Added the Columbia show last minute and drove all the way back to Raleigh to get up and go to work after 2 hours sleep. Sooo worth it. Can't wait til next time.

Plus Rise and Sleight of Hand. Columbia was definitely one of the best encores of the tour from what I remember and I was in GA for that.
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,375
    dpduke69 said:

Plus Rise and Sleight of Hand. Columbia was definitely one of the best encores of the tour from what I remember and I was in GA for that.
    Right there with you. I had Gville, Columbia and Raleigh all in my plans. Greenville was unreal. Columbia was my first time in the pit and was a really great show. Had to make a two hour drive back after Columbia and give a presentation in the morning, that was rough, but so worth it. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458
    Pearl Jam in Ft. Lauderdale blew us all away!!!! I still listen to that boot every time I drive.. only wish now I had purchased tickets and went on to Miami for the next show! 
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,463
    2016 was awesome, wife and I started off our road trip tour in Ft. Lauderdale & Miami and then ended with Ottawa and Toronto. We got to see some great friends from past tours and meet some new ones......I will count Buck and his wife in this crazy bunch of new friends..wink wink! 
    Really wish we could have gone to Wrigley and Fenway, funds just wouldn't allow it. I could have tickets to Fenway for free from another 10C member who we met in Ft. Lauderdale bar and still couldn't swing it. That's not going to happen next time if that opportunity comes up again.
    took a longtime friend to his first PJ show in Toronto and he couldn't have been more thrilled, I think he is hooked now lol
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    BLACK35 said:
    2016 was awesome, wife and I started off our road trip tour in Ft. Lauderdale & Miami and then ended with Ottawa and Toronto. We got to see some great friends from past tours and meet some new ones......I will count Buck and his wife in this crazy bunch of new friends..wink wink! 
    Really wish we could have gone to Wrigley and Fenway, funds just wouldn't allow it. I could have tickets to Fenway for free from another 10C member who we met in Ft. Lauderdale bar and still couldn't swing it. That's not going to happen next time if that opportunity comes up again.
    took a longtime friend to his first PJ show in Toronto and he couldn't have been more thrilled, I think he is hooked now lol
    Spring break was rad!!!!
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    What happened in 2017?
  • theebradnesstheebradness Quincy, IL originally from Weymouth, MA Posts: 278
    Absolutely!! I went to Wrigley 1 with my now ex wife, turned out to be the last good time we had together. So listening to the soundtrack and then watching the film on Amazon was kind of a mind fuck, but then I realized how much better off I am now. The version of Corduroy in the film brings me to tears that I can't control, it's kind of a problem, lol
    Lollapalooza 1992 Mansfield MA
    STL 2014
    Wrigley Aug 20th 2016
    St Louis 2022

I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love.