Louis CK accused of sexual misconduct

HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
edited November 2017 in A Moving Train
Louis CK has been accused of sexual misconduct by 5 women. He allegedly masturbated in front of them. 
Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on

Comments

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    Yeah some stories have been circulating for awhile but until recently they just got ignored.

He's done.  

I've never really cared much for Louis but Kevin Spacey really disappoints me.  Dude was a great actor, now he's done.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    louis is one of my favourite comedians. fuck. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    I did a quick google search after I read the OP. Google is already calling him a rapist. Harsh.

• KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    louis is one of my favourite comedians. fuck. 
    Mine too.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Wanting to masturbate in front of people is a strange fetish to have.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    JimmyV said:
    my coworker said "I don't know if i could do it, Hugh. that takes a lot of confidence". LOL. Not to minimize this, but I kinda agree. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    JimmyV said:
    my coworker said "I don't know if i could do it, Hugh. that takes a lot of confidence". LOL. Not to minimize this, but I kinda agree. 
    Ha. I kinda do, too.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Probably my favorite comedian.

I don't see how his career can survive this.

Doesn't sound criminal, just fucked up. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/09/arts/television/louis-ck-sexual-misconduct.html

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    I don't read celebrity news, I just caught this on twitter as I was scrolling through. my coworker also told me that at least one story is years old. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    And the dominoes continue to fall.  Pretty soon we will have to start a list of people in Hollywood that haven't been accused of sexual misconduct.
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    Jason P said:
    And the dominoes continue to fall.  Pretty soon we will have to start a list of people in Hollywood that haven't been accused of sexual misconduct.
    There is already enough of them to join together and create their own movies.  Probably would be call “The Molesta Group” or something similar...
    I don't understand these people.  What makes them think they will get away with this shit?  

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited November 2017
    This is actually old news. I read about this at least 2 months ago, and saw some video segment on it as well. Only thing that's changed is that all of a sudden everyone has decided to (pretend they) give a shit. If this suddenly affects his career now, long after this information was out... I dunno. Something seems wrong here (I say that in a way that has nothing to do with defending Louis's supposed habit of taking it out).
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    I don't understand these people.  What makes them think they will get away with this shit?  
    Sociopathic narcissism 
    Maybe he thinks it's funny, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • dignin said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/09/arts/television/louis-ck-sexual-misconduct.html
    Beating you’re dick in front of someone who doesn’t want it doesn’t sound criminal to you?
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    dignin said:

Beating you’re dick in front of someone who doesn’t want it doesn’t sound criminal to you?
    How about stating that "you can grab them by the pussy " does that sound criminal to you ? all sexual misconduct should be criminal no matter who the perpetrator is ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    edited November 2017
    If Louis CK took it out and starting beating off in front of me I'd just be amused and weirdly fascinated, lol. But yeah, if they don't want to see him do that... then he shouldn't. TBH though, I'm not totally sure how this works. If a guy pulls it out or strips down in front of someone who knows him, are in a social situation, and they're not in public, is that even illegal?? The lady could just tell him he's fucked up and walk out of the room, right? It's a pervy thing to do, and gross (for anyone who doesn't think it's just fucking bizarrely hilarious), but it's not assault or anything. It's just a guy you know or are acquainted with his dick in his hand. I know it's not normal, but I don't really get how this would actually be traumatic either. Not unless he's also threatening, and it doesn't sound like that. I saw a ton of really drunk dudes do this at parties back in the day. I also saw plenty of them strip naked (idiots, lol). I am not sure what their goal was, lol, but nobody there ever saw it as threatening. Just gross/embarrassing/funny. I'd personally rather see that than a dude picking his nose, but hey, maybe I've got a higher than average tolerance threshold for whipped out penises. Perhaps more women than I thought are just much more easily "scandalized" than I am?
    Now, this done by a stranger in public is extremely alarming. That has also happened to me, and it scared the hell out of me and I ran away. Although I was with my mother, and she actually started laughing her head off. I actually had to lecture her about it, since the guy could have been really dangerous, and she just stood there laughing.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    PJ_Soul said:
    If Louis CK took it out and starting beating off in front of me I'd just be amused and weirdly fascinated, lol. But yeah, if they don't want to see him do that... then he shouldn't. TBH though, I'm not totally sure how this works. If a guy pulls it out or strips down in front of someone who knows him, are in a social situation, and they're not in public, is that even illegal?? The lady could just tell him he's fucked up and walk out of the room, right? It's a pervy thing to do, and gross (for anyone who doesn't think it's just fucking bizarrely hilarious), but it's not assault or anything. It's just a guy you know with his dick in his hand. I saw a ton of really drunk dudes do this at parties back in the day. I also saw plenty of them strip naked (idiots, lol). I am not sure what their goal was, lol, but nobody there ever saw it as threatening. Just gross/embarrassing/funny. I'd personally rather see that than a dude picking his nose, but hey, maybe I've got a higher than average tolerance threshold for whipped out penises.
    Now, this done by a stranger in public is extremely alarming. That has also happened to me, and it scared the hell out of me and I ran away. Although I was with my mother, and she actually started laughing her head off. I actually had to lecture her about it, since the guy could have been really dangerous, and she just stood there laughing.
    Indecent exposure is illegal. Doesn't matter where it occurs.
    It's a hopeless situation...
    edited November 2017
    tbergs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    If Louis CK took it out and starting beating off in front of me I'd just be amused and weirdly fascinated, lol. But yeah, if they don't want to see him do that... then he shouldn't. TBH though, I'm not totally sure how this works. If a guy pulls it out or strips down in front of someone who knows him, are in a social situation, and they're not in public, is that even illegal?? The lady could just tell him he's fucked up and walk out of the room, right? It's a pervy thing to do, and gross (for anyone who doesn't think it's just fucking bizarrely hilarious), but it's not assault or anything. It's just a guy you know with his dick in his hand. I saw a ton of really drunk dudes do this at parties back in the day. I also saw plenty of them strip naked (idiots, lol). I am not sure what their goal was, lol, but nobody there ever saw it as threatening. Just gross/embarrassing/funny. I'd personally rather see that than a dude picking his nose, but hey, maybe I've got a higher than average tolerance threshold for whipped out penises.
    Indecent exposure is illegal. Doesn't matter where it occurs.
    ?? I don't know about that. I mean, he was in his own hotel room/changing room. Pretty sure it's not illegal to strip in your own hotel room. And people get naked in changing rooms. So yeah, where it occurs matters a lot. I am quite sure it is not illegal to expose a breast, penis, or vagina in private. Indecent exposure is a crime that must happen in public or where there is a good chance the public will see it, like in a hotel window overlooking a busy sidewalk or something.
  • riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,128
    It’s fucked up and I’m happy that all these famous people are being exposed, and I’m sure his reputation will get hit hard by this. 

But im curious if there is some sort of law where if you come forward almost 20 years after the fact, the person might not face charges? 

My opinion is that he shouldn’t face legal trouble because it was so long ago and there’s no way to 100% prove anything beyond a reasonable doubt. 

Just windering what the laws are around that! 

Thanks! 
    edited November 2017
    Again, if his rep wasn't hit hard months ago when this story actually broke, why should it get hit hard now? I don't get it.

And yeah, the statute of limitations apply. I agree that people shouldn't be getting punished for shit they did 20, 30, 40 years ago. Not unless it's a much more serious crime.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    It's funny how this country deals with sexual predators , we have a president that has been accused of the same things these actors and executives are loosing their whole careers which they deserve too but Orange baffoon gets elected to represent us to the whole world America is a fucked up country to say the least .....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    PJ_Soul said:
    If Louis CK took it out and starting beating off in front of me I'd just be amused and weirdly fascinated, lol. But yeah, if they don't want to see him do that... then he shouldn't. TBH though, I'm not totally sure how this works. If a guy pulls it out or strips down in front of someone who knows him, are in a social situation, and they're not in public, is that even illegal?? The lady could just tell him he's fucked up and walk out of the room, right? It's a pervy thing to do, and gross (for anyone who doesn't think it's just fucking bizarrely hilarious), but it's not assault or anything. It's just a guy you know or are acquainted with his dick in his hand. I know it's not normal, but I don't really get how this would actually be traumatic either. Not unless he's also threatening, and it doesn't sound like that. I saw a ton of really drunk dudes do this at parties back in the day. I also saw plenty of them strip naked (idiots, lol). I am not sure what their goal was, lol, but nobody there ever saw it as threatening. Just gross/embarrassing/funny. I'd personally rather see that than a dude picking his nose, but hey, maybe I've got a higher than average tolerance threshold for whipped out penises. Perhaps more women than I thought are just much more easily "scandalized" than I am?
    You’ve been to parties where a guest has jerked himself off to the point of ejaculation, and no one had the common decency to beat the ever loving shit out of him?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    edited November 2017
    dankind said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    You’ve been to parties where a guest has jerked himself off to the point of ejaculation, and no one had the common decency to beat the ever loving shit out of him?
    Not to the point of ejaculation or anything, no. Really they just waggled them, lol.  I didn't mean that they actually masturbated. Nobody really gave a shit if some drunk idiot wanted to wave his wiener around. Sure, mild repulsion was a common reaction, but big deal. I think the general consensus was that it's their dick, they can do what they want with it, as long as he keeps it away from everyone else. Now sitting there masturbating? Well, that is different of course. But if I was in a guy's hotel room or whatever and he decided to do that and I didn't like it I'd just say "wtf is wrong with you man??" and walk out of the room. End of story.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Not to the point of ejaculation or anything, no. Really they just waggled them, lol.  I didn't say they masturbated. Nobody really gave a shit if some drunk idiot wanted to wave his wiener around. Sure, mild repulsion was a common reaction, but big deal. I think the general consensus was that it's their dick, they can do what they want with it, as long as he keeps it away from everyone else.
    If I'm hanging out with my friends at their house and they take out their dick and started beating off, you don't think that would be a crime of I chose to call the police? Sure, I can leave and would but I'm concerned about what other Shit this type of person does if they think that's ok.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    PJ_Soul said:
    dankind said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Not to the point of ejaculation or anything, no. Really they just waggled them, lol.  I didn't mean that they actually masturbated. Nobody really gave a shit if some drunk idiot wanted to wave his wiener around. Sure, mild repulsion was a common reaction, but big deal. I think the general consensus was that it's their dick, they can do what they want with it, as long as he keeps it away from everyone else. Now sitting there masturbating? Well, that is different of course. But if I was in a guy's hotel room or whatever and he decided to do that, I'd just walk out of the room. End of story.
    Oh, well then, that hardly :giggle: compares to the trauma that these women have suffered because of some celebrity sociopath.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    edited November 2017
    tbergs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Not to the point of ejaculation or anything, no. Really they just waggled them, lol.  I didn't say they masturbated. Nobody really gave a shit if some drunk idiot wanted to wave his wiener around. Sure, mild repulsion was a common reaction, but big deal. I think the general consensus was that it's their dick, they can do what they want with it, as long as he keeps it away from everyone else.
    If I'm hanging out with my friends at their house and they take out their dick and started beating off, you don't think that would be a crime of I chose to call the police? Sure, I can leave and would but I'm concerned about what other Shit this type of person does if they think that's ok.
    Well I'm talking about giant keggers, not intimate gatherings of friends, lol. And I said they didn't beat off. I'm still not sure if that's a crime when it's in a private residence though. Not if they just sat there and didn't try to touch anyone. Just inappropriate behaviour.
    edited November 2017
    dankind said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    dankind said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Not to the point of ejaculation or anything, no. Really they just waggled them, lol.  I didn't mean that they actually masturbated. Nobody really gave a shit if some drunk idiot wanted to wave his wiener around. Sure, mild repulsion was a common reaction, but big deal. I think the general consensus was that it's their dick, they can do what they want with it, as long as he keeps it away from everyone else. Now sitting there masturbating? Well, that is different of course. But if I was in a guy's hotel room or whatever and he decided to do that, I'd just walk out of the room. End of story.
    Oh, well then, that hardly :giggle: compares to the trauma that these women have suffered because of some celebrity sociopath.
    Haha, hardly. :lol: What trauma are you talking about? You mean other women who have been sexually assaulted? That is different. Honestly, Louis CK stripping down in his hotel room and jerking off, when the woman can just say "fuck you" and leave... that really doesn't sound traumatic to me. Weird, but not traumatic.