Stone Gossard contributes new song "Obey The Law Of The Heart" to ‘Basmati Blues’ Soundtrack

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
edited February 2018 in The Porch

‘Obey The Law Of The Heart’ 
Written by @SGossard
Performed by @PearlJam and @SainZahoor with @PriyaDarshini0
Produced by @SGossard, Steven Argila & Wayne Sharpe

Post edited by demetrios on

Comments

• Oh, Stone. I'm intrigued.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    Woah, when was the last time Stone wrote the music and lyrics to an officially released PJ song? Riot Act? 
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Cool!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815
    New music by PJ..... :rock_on:
  • JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    this appears to be some really shitty and lame movie.. but new PJ music is cool. But.. is EV even involved in this? To me it don't seem like he is..
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    this appears to be some really shitty and lame movie.. but new PJ music is cool. But.. is EV even involved in this? To me it don't seem like he is..
    If Pearl Jam performed it, that means Eddie is involved in performing it.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    PJ_Soul said:
    If Pearl Jam performed it, that means Eddie is involved in performing it.
    You are probably right.
  • DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,413
    Weren’t members missing from the track they did with Cypress Hill on the Judgment Night soundtrack? I know Pearl Jam were credited for the song, so it’s possible (if unlikely) there’s members missing on this one?
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    Alright cool. There's your Christmas single. 
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Weren’t members missing from the track they did with Cypress Hill on the Judgment Night soundtrack? I know Pearl Jam were credited for the song, so it’s possible (if unlikely) there’s members missing on this one?
    I have no idea - I can't find anything saying who was and wasn't involved with Real Thing (anyone?). I can't even tell who the hell is doing what or singing what when I listen to it, lol. Well, I guess anything is possible, but Pearl Jam without Eddie? Is that even possible? Perhaps that is a philosophical question, haha.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,413
    PJ_Soul said:
    I have no idea - I can't find anything saying who was and wasn't involved with Real Thing (anyone?). I can't even tell who the hell is doing what or singing what when I listen to it, lol. Well, I guess anything is possible, but Pearl Jam without Eddie? Is that even possible? Perhaps that is a philosophical question, haha.
    Yeah, google’s failing to clarify anything for me, lol. I just vaguely remember hearing back when it came out that it was Dave A., Jeff and Stone, though I thought I heard Eddie doing the background vocals when I listened to the track yesterday. Like you said though, other than Cypress Hill, it’s hard to say who’s doing what, lol.
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    the title screams complete cheese, but I'll wait to hear it for final review. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    edited November 2017
    "Real Thing" written by Dave Abbruzzese, Jeff Ament, Stone Gossard, Senan Reyes (Sen Dog), Louis Freese (B Real), Lawrence Muggard (DJ Muggs)
    Post edited by HesCalledDyer on
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    We are a special group, hahaha!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • That should sound way cool, neat combo of sounds and culture. Reminiscent of when the played with Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan. Good stuff, can't wait.
  • smitalsmital Posts: 187
    That should sound way cool, neat combo of sounds and culture. Reminiscent of when the played with Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan. Good stuff, can't wait.
    Ali Khan is a Qawwali singer. This appears more akin to a Bollywood track. Different sounds entirely.
  • OceanInDisguise13OceanInDisguise13 Behind the sun Posts: 919
    This looks interesting. Looking forward to hearing the song!!
    I wish I was an alien at home behind the sun.....
    I wanna race..with the sundown..I want a last breath..I don't let out...
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    edited November 2017
    jjflash said:
    New music by PJ..... :rock_on:

I'm so happy. Last new Pearl Jam song on a compilation album was what the Brandi Carlile Cover Stories album? And that was a cover song. It's been a while. 
  • I'm intrigued by the song, but not this cheesy movie. Watch "Jagga Jasoos" instead.
    From what I can tell the movie is already out no? Shouldn’t that mean we should be able to hear the song somewhere by now? I’m finding absolutely zero info on a soundtrack. 
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    Fantastic news! :peace:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,908
    wasn't this one listed as "Pearl Jam" as well?  it could be Stone on vocals
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6QElmY0lp8

“I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • New music is a good thing!!!
  • "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    When was the last time Pearl Jam put a new track out as b-side on a single or on a fanclub single, I miss those days. As a group it seems like they dont work up anything more than an albums worth, no leftovers that dont make the final cut.
  • RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,622
    I’m pretty sure Bsides were a requirement of the original record deal they signed with Epic. That ended with Riot Act, so they don’t release them anymore. I’m sure they’re sitting on a bunch of unreleased material that hopefully we hear eventually. 
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Several Pearl Jam songs don´t have all members of the group participating - especially the Annual singles.
    And he still gives his love,
    he just gives it away...
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    New music is a good thing!!!
    Yes, yes it is.
    New music is a good thing!!!
    Said every Pearl Jam fan right before the started playing Ole on Jimmy Fallon.