2017 Pearl Jam Vinyl Storage Box

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,332
edited October 2017 in The Porch

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2017-PEARL-JAM-VINYL-STORAGE-BOX/253213542045

EMPTY BOX DESIGNED TO HOLD THE FIRST 10 PEARL JAM 12" VINYL LP'S

Original Retail/Fair market value is $45.00

ALL PROCEEDS BENEFIT THE PEARL JAM VITALOGY FOUNDATION

SHIPPING COST WILL BE BASED ON LOCATION.

US SHIPMENTS VIA UPS GROUND.

INT SHIPMENTS VIA UPS GLOBAL SHIPPING PROGRAM. WE WILL NOT NEGOTIATE SHIPPING AFTER THE AUCTION.

PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT THE WINNING BIDDER WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY AND ALL DUTY/VAT TAXES IMPOSED BY YOUR GOVERNMENT.

ALL SALES ARE FINAL.

ITEM IS SOLD AS-IS NO EXCHANGES, NO RETURNS.

Post edited by demetrios on

Comments

• Release EVRelease EV Posts: 1,998
    demetrios said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2017-PEARL-JAM-VINYL-STORAGE-BOX/253213542045

EMPTY BOX DESIGNED TO HOLD THE FIRST 10 PEARL JAM 12" VINYL LP'S

Original Retail/Fair market value is $45.00

ALL PROCEEDS BENEFIT THE PEARL JAM VITALOGY FOUNDATION

SHIPPING COST WILL BE BASED ON LOCATION.

US SHIPMENTS VIA UPS GROUND.

INT SHIPMENTS VIA UPS GLOBAL SHIPPING PROGRAM. WE WILL NOT NEGOTIATE SHIPPING AFTER THE AUCTION.

PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT THE WINNING BIDDER WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY AND ALL DUTY/VAT TAXES IMPOSED BY YOUR GOVERNMENT.

ALL SALES ARE FINAL.

ITEM IS SOLD AS-IS NO EXCHANGES, NO RETURNS.

Someone remind me how much they were in the shop 
  • $45.00
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Already...wow
    www.cluthelee.com
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,379
    I guess that confirms it won't be back in the shop. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• front spacerfront spacer Earth Posts: 3,246
    edited October 2017
    :open_mouth:  Wait for the price when they auction off the full 10-album set sealed in the limited edition box!!!
    Post edited by front spacer on
    Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
    Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18
  • LOV2ROCKLOV2ROCK Minneapolis/St.Paul Posts: 822
    Does anyone remember when they said that they were going to start shipping the full limited edition sets out and when your cards would be charged? 
    I can’t find the info anywhere and forgot :(
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    LOV2ROCK said:
    Does anyone remember when they said that they were going to start shipping the full limited edition sets out and when your cards would be charged? 
    Thought it was 11/10?
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,332
    LOV2ROCK said:
    Thought it was 11/10?

The release date is November 10th. For all the reissues. 7", 12" & box sets. 10club could charge our credit cards few day's earlier as they usually ship out our items a day or two before the release date. Doubt they will charge our cards November 1st but you never know. 
  • jason_94jason_94 Toledo, OH Posts: 1,872
    I don't remember reading this info & I couldn't find it anywhere so I'm cautiously asking this. 

What designates the limited full set as being limited? How is it different from getting the empty box & filling it with your already purchased vinyl or buying the vinyl from the shop separately?

Just curious. 

3/22/94 Cleveland, OH
    9/21/96 Toronto, ON
    8/26/98 Cleveland, OH
    5/09/10 Cleveland, OH
    9/03/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    9/04/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    7/19/13 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 Buffalo, NY
    12/06/13 Seattle, WA
    10/16/14 Detroit, MI
    10/17/14 Moline, IL
    8/20/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
  • jason_94 said:
    I don't remember reading this info & I couldn't find it anywhere so I'm cautiously asking this. 

What designates the limited full set as being limited? How is it different from getting the empty box & filling it with your already purchased vinyl or buying the vinyl from the shop separately?

Just curious. 

Nobody knows, other than the limited full set comes with a certificate of authenticity. What exactly it's authenticating, nobody knows... 
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    Its probably just a piece of paper to say it's 1 of 500. I guess it could be colored vinyl so good luck to those who bought it. It was super expensive so the people who splashed out the cash deserve it. For me it was too much money to pay for stuff I either have or could pick up cheaper. If there is no difference in the vinyl then the certificate of authenticity is pretty much worthless IMO.
  • Release EVRelease EV Posts: 1,998
    FR181798 said:
    Its probably just a piece of paper to say it's 1 of 500. I guess it could be colored vinyl so good luck to those who bought it. It was super expensive so the people who splashed out the cash deserve it. For me it was too much money to pay for stuff I either have or could pick up cheaper. If there is no difference in the vinyl then the certificate of authenticity is pretty much worthless IMO.
    Valid points so that's why be good if something else. But fair point if just coa
    4 day's left. Current bid: US $202.50.

• pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,664
    FR181798 said:
    Each to their own i guess, Im looking forward to mine and am not expecting anything other than that which was advertised. Seeing the empty box is so valuable now, the complete deal looks pretty sharp in hindsight.

I hear you though, if someone bought the empty box and the records seperately they may have gotten a better deal but as a collector, its nice to have the complete item with the COA
  • foodshop65foodshop65 Connecticut Posts: 717
    pdalowsky said:
    FR181798 said:
    Each to their own i guess, Im looking forward to mine and am not expecting anything other than that which was advertised. Seeing the empty box is so valuable now, the complete deal looks pretty sharp in hindsight.

I hear you though, if someone bought the empty box and the records seperately they may have gotten a better deal but as a collector, its nice to have the complete item with the COA
    well said...that's how i saw it. glad i got one, should have bought a couple!
    Randall's Island 9-29-1996, MSG 9-10/11-1998, Meadows, CT 9-13-1998, Sacramento 10-30-2000, Bridge School 10-26-2002,MSG 9-8/9-2003, Hartford 2013, Amsterdam 2014(2), Memphis 2014, MSG 5-1/2-2016, Fenway 8-7-16, Fenway 9-2/4-18 MSG 9-11-22
  • :open_mouth:  Wait for the price when they auction off the full 10-album set sealed in the limited edition box!!!
    If there is something special in it I can't wait to see a price on it!
  • front spacerfront spacer Earth Posts: 3,246
    :open_mouth:  Wait for the price when they auction off the full 10-album set sealed in the limited edition box!!!
    I'm just saying that if they kept some of the empty $45 boxes back and they are selling them on ebay for bids of $200+.....then they will probably offer the sold out full set with all 10 albums sealed with the limited to 500 COA.  It will reach $1,000+, I would imagine. 
    Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
    Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18
  • Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,225
    I'm just saying that if they kept some of the empty $45 boxes back and they are selling them on ebay for bids of $200+.....then they will probably offer the sold out full set with all 10 albums sealed with the limited to 500 COA.  It will reach $1,000+, I would imagine. 
    Theyve already sold for $1000
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Horse2345 said:
    Theyve already sold for $1000
    Yes they have, now put 10c auction on it and possibly double it?

2K for the complete box?

If there is something special inside of them, say colored vinyl, band autos, this becomes the next Benny.

All speculation though as it just might be a piece of paper...  But it is fun to discuss!
  • LOV2ROCKLOV2ROCK Minneapolis/St.Paul Posts: 822
    LOV2ROCK said:
    My card was charged this morning for the limited edition full vinyl set.So I’ve got one answer. 
    Now to see when they ship ;)
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    pdalowsky said:
    FR181798 said:

Will you open it and enjoy it or keep it sealed to ensure max value?

The only reason I ask is every item that comes up the only thing people talk about is its potential value... too many investors posing as collectors nowadays in my opinion
    And for the record... an empty box already being bid up to $200+ is flat out f'n stupid, maybe even sickening lol
    my2hands said:
    pdalowsky said:
    FR181798 said:

Will you open it and enjoy it or keep it sealed to ensure max value?

The only reason I ask is every item that comes up the only thing people talk about is its potential value... too many investors posing as collectors nowadays in my opinion
    Well im a collector, always have been. So the value of this thing is zero, as i wont be planning to ever sell it. 

Interestingly however is the concept you introduce there, there could be argument that every collector to a degree is an investor. Perhaps not for themselves but one day as a legacy. People collect art and pay fortunes for it, whilst they enjoy the art they always know and hope that one day it will appreciate. 

At the end of the day people are free to do as they wish, if people want to judge me for keeping an item sealed, believe me I wont lose a wink of sleep
    my2hands said:
    And for the record... an empty box already being bid up to $200+ is flat out f'n stupid, maybe even sickening lol
    my2hands said:
    whilst id be inclined to agree, its all relative......to some folk $200 is a drop in an ocean, and like $2 to the average guy. Its always saddening to see people spend such huge sums of money on what many consider trivial and meaningless stuff when there are people in the world unable to pay their bills or buy food, but that isnt getting fixed any time soon as much as we all wish it would
    pdalowsky said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    whilst id be inclined to agree, its all relative......to some folk $200 is a drop in an ocean, and like $2 to the average guy. Its always saddening to see people spend such huge sums of money on what many consider trivial and meaningless stuff when there are people in the world unable to pay their bills or buy food, but that isnt getting fixed any time soon as much as we all wish it would
    At the end if the day it's a cheap black box with a cheap pearl jam decal on it just like the ones I have... probably cost them $1 each to have made in asia 

I don't care how much money people have, it's stupid lol
  • my2hands said:
    pdalowsky said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    At the end if the day it's a cheap black box with a cheap pearl jam decal on it just like the ones I have... probably cost them $1 each to have made in asia 

I'm guessing you didn't buy one?

I really do hope my booklet is autographed!!!
    Was hoping these were back in stock. D'oh! :( 
  • Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,225
    my2hands said:
    pdalowsky said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

Guess you don't want one of my 10 eh 
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • CJ23113CJ23113 Long Island Posts: 187
    My empty box was shipped today