Cineplex theaters will be screening Let's Play Two in Canada

124»

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,682
    Soon! =)

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,507
    Anyone want 2 tix for Silvercity Coquitlam, Oct 5th, 7pm? For free? I was trying to sell them for $15 for the pair, but no takers. Now I'm just hoping they don't go to waste.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Can't wait for tomorrow night's main event @ Cineplex Cinemas Parklane! :)
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,731
    demetrios said:
    Can't wait for tomorrow night's main event @ Cineplex Cinemas Parklane! :)
    Can't come soon enough. I keep hearing things that are small spoilers from people that went that I wish I did not hear. My theatre is almost half full should be fun!
  • JbarkerJbarker Alberta Posts: 557

not cool that its on a Thursday, and for one day only in all of alberta?

hmmmm. maybe I'll burn a sick day?

• ZodZod Posts: 10,073
    Jbarker said:

I think it's one day only for all of Canada.  I think Cineplex is only screen it on Oct. 5th :(  

Zod said:
    Jbarker said:

I think it's one day only for all of Canada.  I think Cineplex is only screen it on Oct. 5th :(  

I don't think they normally do special screenings like this on weekends in any case. There is too much potential for lost revenue.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • mckaymckay Posts: 158
    It was on a Thursday night that they screened American Valhalla @ Park Lane as well.
  • halvhalv Posts: 676
    It's been playing every day at the Park Theatre in Vancouver since Friday. I think tonight might be the last night there. 
    mckay said:
    It was on a Thursday night that they screened American Valhalla @ Park Lane as well.
    And it was a Thursday night they screened Into The Wild there. Park Lane sure does get movies other Empire / Cinemplex theaters around the city don't get.
    demetrios said:
    mckay said:
    And it was a Thursday night they screened Into The Wild there. Park Lane sure does get movies other Empire / Cinemplex theaters around the city don't get.
    For sure!  I was surprised when I saw they were playing Valhalla!  Glad I got to see it.
    mckay said:
    demetrios said:
    mckay said:
    For sure!  I was surprised when I saw they were playing Valhalla!  Glad I got to see it.
    I'm surprised they get the exclusive 1 night showings. Song of the Sea was also exclusively shown there too. A truly amazing animated flick. One of the best I've seen in a long, long time.
    Today's the day!!!
    Better then I thought it was going to be and I had set the bar pretty high. 
    PJNB said:
    I loved every second of it.  Goosebumps most of the movie...and walked out feeling I had been at a show (well not really but you know what I mean).  I was talking to one of the staff last night and apparently they are playing it for 3 more weeks at Park Lane in Halifax.
    edited October 2017
    Whoops, wrong thread
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    Saw it Thursday night. Thought it was good.

They made a mistake in the credits on the Inside Job. Words by Mike, not Ed. Right?

mckay said:
    PJNB said:
    I loved every second of it.  Goosebumps most of the movie...and walked out feeling I had been at a show (well not really but you know what I mean).  I was talking to one of the staff last night and apparently they are playing it for 3 more weeks at Park Lane in Halifax.
    Yeah? That's cool. If they have a showing on cheap night Tuesday will check it again. 
    demetrios said:
    Saw it Thursday night. Thought it was good.

They made a mistake in the credits on the Inside Job. Words by Mike, not Ed. Right?

Ya they made a mistake for sure. I found a Q&A from 2006 where Mike gives some insight to the song. 

You also wrote the lyrics for "Inside Job." What inspired the song?

I'd been thinking about some stuff for a year or two and searching for kind of a spiritual answer to whatever maladies were in my life. I realized that I had to go inside myself first before I could be open to outside ideas. And that's kind of what the premise was.

Where did the song go from there?

I just tried to write some lyrics. Ed looked at the song and he really liked it and I was honored. He said I gave him a full dinner because his plate was running low. After that, I actually sang it for him and that was intimidating. Then he put his vocals over my lyrics and helped with the bridge. It was a huge collaborative effort. It's a song I always wanted to write and I hadn't previously. I need to give the band a lot of credit because they really helped me organize it.

Buy or rent digitally soon over @ https://www.cineplex.com/Movie/pearl-jam-lets-play-two

Very tempting for tonight. Or do tomorrow on cheap night.