Why do I have 3 loud pops on Alive Lets Play vinyl side d?

JP33JP33 Posts: 1,348
It was not popping till today...did not got scratch or anything .....Does anybody have any advice?

Comments

• kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    clean it
  • JP33JP33 Posts: 1,348
    just did .......works now......thanks for responding
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    np, dust is everywhere!
    I just cleaned another vinyl before that ......and it looked like it had mildew .......so now there is a little whited stuff on my pj side d now.......I do not know if its that mold they talk about ......anybody know? .....and how do you get that milky mildew off? .......anyone ever go through that?
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    I feel like JP33 needs a dedicated thread to JP33s vinyl and turntable issues. 

I feel that if I asked that question to eddie vedder.......he would try to help me
  • JP33 said:

I feel that if I asked that question to eddie vedder.......he would try to help me
    He wouldn't.  He uses a Pono...
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    The answers to many of your questions are obvious or generally google-able. And I don't know why you are asking in the main PJ forum instead of a the Gearheads section. Or a vinyl related forum/reddit. 

Clearly, clean the vinyl again. If you got crap from a previous record on your LP2, then you should have cleaned off your brush or gotten a new lint free cloth to wipe down the new record. 

• PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,759
    JP33 said:

In all seriousness, there are websites exclusively dedicated to help with vinyl and turntable issues.  Never the less, get a pic and possibly we can help identify what it is you are seeing.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• theebradnesstheebradness Quincy, IL originally from Weymouth, MA Posts: 278
    I've been laughing way too hard at this. THANK YOU
    Lollapalooza 1992 Mansfield MA
    STL 2014
    Wrigley Aug 20th 2016
    St Louis 2022

I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love.
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    Did the pops sound more crackily, like "kuh Kuh kick Kuh" or more poppy like "tick kah  pah pah?"
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    JP33 said:

He wouldn't.  He uses a Pono...
    U would think that Neil wouldn’t try to take his money too
This discussion has been closed.