Are people generally becoming more rude/ less courteous?

124»

Comments

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    brianlux said:
    dankind said:
    Jesus Christ! Is this goddamn hippie's ridiculous thread still active? 

Assholes!
    Gall dang hippie?  Where?  Gimme ma shotgun, I'll git 'im fur ya!
    I hear he's a punk, too. A no-good punk hippie bastard hanging around these parts.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    dankind said:
    brianlux said:
    dankind said:
    Jesus Christ! Is this goddamn hippie's ridiculous thread still active? 

Assholes!
    Gall dang hippie?  Where?  Gimme ma shotgun, I'll git 'im fur ya!
    I hear he's a punk, too. A no-good punk hippie bastard hanging around these parts.
    Ah hurd the same damn thing.  We gotto git 'im!  Git 'im good!  Cut the fuckers hair at the very least!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• donnaruhldonnaruhl Posts: 2,157
    I know the older cars with running lights, come on along with tail lamps. But those who've had them before, think that the newer cars do the same. But they don't. Time and time again, I've approached cars at night with no tail lights. They seem to think that if their running lights come on, then the back must be working. I feel bad, Because there's nothing I can do to alert them. And you never know if anything that you do will offend them.
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,587
    donnaruhl said:
    I know the older cars with running lights, come on along with tail lamps. But those who've had them before, think that the newer cars do the same. But they don't. Time and time again, I've approached cars at night with no tail lights. They seem to think that if their running lights come on, then the back must be working. I feel bad, Because there's nothing I can do to alert them. And you never know if anything that you do will offend them.
    If their window is open, I yell. Who gives a shit if they're offended. 
  • I didnt read through the thread so I'm sure I'm not the only one to have this opinion. But I think social media has turned keyboard warriors into overall assholes in real life. 
    100% agree. Ive stayed away from fb. Intagram or any other medium of social media..for 3+ yeats its anti social media to me
     I live just outside london u.k and some villages or small towns are nice but inner london people are rude inconsiderate. And selfish mainly. I do blame social media and also a big influx of different groups and communities and also commuting workers locked into the daily grind.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    edited September 2017
    folks can be lost in their own little world while out & about. maybe they're blocking the grocery store aisle with their cart & themselves, it's ok though. sure it gets under my skin a little bit but it really isn't something to get bent out of shape over. anymore i don't give a damn: i'll either say excuse me as i try getting around with hopes they will move over some, i may turn around & go through the aisle next over & come back around, that just means i walked a bit more which is good. i go out of my way to be polite & i could do better. i'm quite old fashion. all in all i don't give a shit & i feel this emotion is one of calm, relaxation, & easy go does it. a lot of folks are oblivious, good for them.           
    Post edited by chadwick on
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    I didnt read through the thread so I'm sure I'm not the only one to have this opinion. But I think social media has turned keyboard warriors into overall assholes in real life. 
    100% agree. Ive stayed away from fb. Intagram or any other medium of social media..for 3+ yeats its anti social media to me
     I live just outside london u.k and some villages or small towns are nice but inner london people are rude inconsiderate. And selfish mainly. I do blame social media and also a big influx of different groups and communities and also commuting workers locked into the daily grind.
    if anything, i see this as a positive. it has really showed me who I don't want to hang out with in real life based on the videos they post and the opinions they express. I'm all for hanging out with people with different viewpoints, but when those viewpoints involve intolerance and bigotry....SEE YA. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    chadwick said:
    folks can be lost in their own little world while out & about. maybe they're blocking the grocery store aisle with their cart & themselves, it's ok though. sure it gets under my skin a little bit but it really isn't something to get bent out of shape over. anymore i don't give a damn: i'll either say excuse me as i try getting around with hopes they will move over some, i may turn around & go through the aisle next over & come back around, that just means i walked a bit more which is good. i go out of my way to be polite & i could do better. i'm quite old fashion. all in all i don't give a shit & i feel this emotion is one of calm, relaxation, & easy go does it. a lot of folks are oblivious, good for them.           
    Ah, chadwick...this is a great attitude to possess.  I do try to do the same, but when inconsiderateness seems to have become the norm instead of the exception, it sticks in my craw.  I can handle the once-in-a-blue-moon asshole, whether or not their assholery is intentional.  I can't help but get pissed off when I just want to pick up a few things at the market during lunch and it's like an obstacle course.  Or being held up in traffic, missing lights, almost getting hit, because someone else can't put their phone down for a few minutes and pay attention while comandeering a two-ton vehicle.
    chadwick said:
    I just can't for the life of me understand how people are so self-involved that they can't be aware, even in a remedial sense, of their surroundings. I think I can be a little too sensitive to that sometimes, where I'm overly aware of moving out of someone's way where it might not even be necessary, but it bugs me. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited September 2017
    chadwick said:
    I just can't for the life of me understand how people are so self-involved that they can't be aware, even in a remedial sense, of their surroundings. I think I can be a little too sensitive to that sometimes, where I'm overly aware of moving out of someone's way where it might not even be necessary, but it bugs me. 
    I am just as annoyed by these people.  I would say that I lean towards the hyper-aware category as well and it annoys me to no end when I see people staring at their phones nonstop or driving like no one else is on the road.  These are most likely the same ones blocking isles at the grocery store.  I have no problem grabbing their basket and pushing it to the side.  I may get a stink eye out of it, but that’s the most of it.  Self-involved or just flat out ignorance...
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
    PJPOWER said:
    chadwick said:
    I am just as annoyed by these people.  I would say that I lean towards the hyper-aware category as well and it annoys me to no end when I see people staring at their phones nonstop or driving like no one else is on the road.  Self-involved or just flat out ignorance...
    it just boggles my mind that we as a society require signage that states "please finish your phone conversation before approaching the clerk". Like, seriously? adults need to be told this shit?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    PJPOWER said:
    chadwick said:
    I am just as annoyed by these people.  I would say that I lean towards the hyper-aware category as well and it annoys me to no end when I see people staring at their phones nonstop or driving like no one else is on the road.  Self-involved or just flat out ignorance...
    it just boggles my mind that we as a society require signage that states "please finish your phone conversation before approaching the clerk". Like, seriously? adults need to be told this shit?
    That and the constant threats that you will be thrown out of a movie theatre if you talk on the phone during the movie...Some people just have to be told what to do in every aspect of their lives evidently.
  • I didnt read through the thread so I'm sure I'm not the only one to have this opinion. But I think social media has turned keyboard warriors into overall assholes in real life. 
    if anything, i see this as a positive. it has really showed me who I don't want to hang out with in real life based on the videos they post and the opinions they express. I'm all for hanging out with people with different viewpoints, but when those viewpoints involve intolerance and bigotry....SEE YA. 

I didnt read through the thread so I'm sure I'm not the only one to have this opinion. But I think social media has turned keyboard warriors into overall assholes in real life. 
    I somewhat knew who the racists, bigots, and assholes were in my life before Facebook. But reading their hate rants on Facebook makes me sick and embarrassed that I know them. Then when I see them in person at a soccer game or in the supermarket, they act like it's all good. No problem. Like you didn't just say "All queers are going to hell" on facebook. It's sickening.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place