Let's Play Two...on Fox Sports?

jbro1126jbro1126 Posts: 1
edited September 2017 in The Porch
So I was at Wrigley 8-20-16 show and have been interested in the movie release. Was actually hoping 10C members would get something like a free digital download for the film, but in my research I see where other than some one night theater releases they are going to show the film after a game on FoxSports1 channel on Oct 13th. 
https://www.google.com/amp/s/consequenceofsound.net/2017/08/pearl-jams-new-concert-film-lets-play-two-to-get-theatrical-and-telecast-releases/amp/  

Is it just me or is this for some reason a little disappointing in some way? Look I'm a huge sports fan and all of that but PJ going on to FS1 for a film TV debut seems out of place. I mean will there be a Chevy commercial in between "Release" and "Inside Job"? Maybe it's just me but I feel like this film is better than this. Just me? Thx for the vent.

Post edited by jbro1126 on

Comments

• tschavtschav Posts: 2,759
    You can either:
    - Pay to see it in the theater first
    - Wait two weeks to watch it with commercial interruption for free
    - Wait a month after the FS1 broadcast and buy a copy to watch without commercials
    - Wait for an unknown amount of time until it's available on a movie channel or Netflix

I get it might not be as fun with commercials, but is that enough of a tradeoff to give you reasons to wait it out?
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,759
    You can also DVR the FS1 broadcast and hope your remote can do 30 second skips to avoid most commercials.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Showing the film on TV makes the film more accessible to people who can't get to the screenings.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • I think it's pretty amazing it's on TV at all
  • It's good that it's reaching more people. 
    Honestly, watching this in my own living room where I'm free to bounce around and rock out sounds a lot more fun than watching in a dark, cramped theater. I'm thankful we have a showing at the local drive-in. Outdoors under the stars. Without that the TV showing is what I'd be planning on watching.

• drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    edited September 2017
    JimmyV said:
    Honestly, watching this in my own living room where I'm free to bounce around and rock out sounds a lot more fun than watching in a dark, cramped theater. I'm thankful we have a showing at the local drive-in. Outdoors under the stars. Without that the TV showing is what I'd be planning on watching.
    Well I dont know about other people, but I will have nice reclining seats and a good amount of space at my theater ha. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,624
    Drive-in?

where's that, jimmy?
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

ed243421 said:
    Drive-in?

where's that, jimmy?
    Mendon. Check it out!

http://www.mendondrivein.com/event-calendar/eventdetail/105/-/pearl-jam-night

Probably going to the Cabot in Beverly, but how's the sound at the drive-in?
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

That looks awesome!!
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    jbro1126 said:
    So I was at Wrigley 8-20-16 show and have been interested in the movie release. Was actually hoping 10C members would get something like a free digital download for the film, but in my research I see where other than some one night theater releases they are going to show the film after a game on FoxSports1 channel on Oct 13th. 
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/consequenceofsound.net/2017/08/pearl-jams-new-concert-film-lets-play-two-to-get-theatrical-and-telecast-releases/amp/  

Is it just me or is this for some reason a little disappointing in some way? Look I'm a huge sports fan and all of that but PJ going on to FS1 for a film TV debut seems out of place. I mean will there be a Chevy commercial in between "Release" and "Inside Job"? Maybe it's just me but I feel like this film is better than this. Just me? Thx for the vent.

it's debut is after Game 1 of the ALCS. that is the tie-in. although on after an American League playoff game means it actually debut on the east coast at about 1:00 am.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Not happy to possibly watch baseball but i'll endure it
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    DVR this and the next 3 shows after it so that you are sure to get it all....watch Saturday night with a drink and ff through commercials at your convenience.  Sounds great!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    ed243421 said:
    I think most drive-ins have their sound on an FM band these days, so it should sound about as good as your car stereo.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    The Cabot it is then!!!

RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    ed243421 said:
    The Cabot it is then!!!

:rofl:

See you there!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069
    ed243421 said:
    That looks awesome!!
    Hell ya it does!!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    That's cool it makes it onto TV.   I never made it to the theatre for pj20 as I was travelling, but I got to watch it on PBS when I got home.  As long as it airs somewhere, someone will record it and everyone can watch it.

I do hope it ends up on Canadian TV at some point too.
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    Zod said:
    That's cool it makes it onto TV.   I never made it to the theatre for pj20 as I was travelling, but I got to watch it on PBS when I got home.  As long as it airs somewhere, someone will record it and everyone can watch it.

Maybe it'll end up exclusive to Netflix Canada, and not on Netflix USA. :p The new Tragically Hip film will be aired all across the globe on Netflix this November, but the Canadian band's film won't be available on Netflix Canada, but CraveTV. lol.

Just imagine if Pearl Jam's Let's Play Two film airs this December globally on Netflix, but not available on Netflix USA?
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    Would I rather it air on an MTV sure. But it's nice that it's airing on non music channel. Be better if it aired on HBO because I doubt many people know where FS1 is on the dial.
    I miss igotid88
    edited September 2017
    Speaking of Netflix. There's no Pearl Jam on Netflix
    I miss igotid88
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited September 2017
    The more viewers the merrier IMO. I think that's pretty cool it will be aired on TV for a mass market myself! Maybe they'll get some brand new younger fans out of it. :)
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    The more viewers the merrier IMO. I think that's pretty cool it will be aired on TV for a mass market myself! Maybe they'll get some brand new younger fans out of it. :)
    the east coasters will have to wait until after the post game. Which could be after midnight? So exactly how many of non fans will want to stay up? I don't know. Even though it's a Friday
    I miss igotid88
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited September 2017
    igotid88 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    the east coasters will have to wait until after the post game. Which could be after midnight? So exactly how many of non fans will want to stay up? I don't know. Even though it's a Friday
    Well, maybe they'll start watching and then record it before they turn in. And remember, younger people stay up late, haha. ;)
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    igotid88 said:
    Speaking of Netflix. There's no Pearl Jam on Netflix
    They used to have PJ20 and MSG but they've been gone for some time.
  • NinetytworulesNinetytworules Boston Posts: 454
    ed243421 said:
    I was going to go to the Cabot but decide to go with the drive in. Anyone ever hear the cover band?
  • joe159joe159 Decatur, IL. Posts: 301
    I'm excited about the FS1 broadcast. I'm  going to have some friends over, smoke some wings, drink some beer, maybe have a fire.... I think it's great.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    demetrios said:
    Zod said:

Maybe it'll end up exclusive to Netflix Canada, and not on Netflix USA. :p The new Tragically Hip film will be aired all across the globe on Netflix this November, but the Canadian band's film won't be available on Netflix Canada, but CraveTV. lol.

Just imagine if Pearl Jam's Let's Play Two film airs this December globally on Netflix, but not available on Netflix USA?
    I think Bell is a huge sponsor for the film. That probably has something to do with why it is being played on Crave here.