One Song You Love/Used To Love You Wished They'd Stop Performing Live

HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
This is any song, cover or original, that you love or used to love and wish they'd retire live. 

one rule: you may NOT answer Even Flow. :lol:

my pick would be RITFW. I have seen the band 4 times, and it's been played every time. It's a great crowd pleaser, I'm just kind of tired of it personally. that being said, that doesn't mean I won't sing along next time I see the band! 
Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Comments

• ZodZod Posts: 10,071
    Do The Evolution

I love Yield... it's probably my favourite album and I used to enjoy DTE, but they play it at every show.   Now it's gotten old.   It's kind of up there with Even Flow and Corduroy now (except I really do love Corduroy).   
  • RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    Last Kiss 
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Tough.... not sure I have one.... there are lots that I never liked in the first place....

Off the top of my head, Given to Fly would have to be my best pick...
  • AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,205
    all the songs i truly love i wish they'd play more. they can start with of the girl.

but to answer the actual question, i'd be fine not hearing yellow ledbetter live again.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    AndySlash said:
    all the songs i truly love i wish they'd play more. they can start with of the girl.

but to answer the actual question, i'd be fine not hearing yellow ledbetter live again.
    4 shows. no Y-led. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,867
    Most of the ones I'd retire I never really loved or even liked very much. RITFW, DTE, Last Kiss, Lukin. Not sure I have one that I used to love and want to see go. Best answer I guess is Just Breathe. I like the song but it almost feels like a waste every time they play it. The rest of the band basically stands around while Ed plays a solo song.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    Betterman x 1000

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,133
    Yellow Ledbetter
    www.cluthelee.com
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,985
    Only song that comes to mind is I Got Id. Not because its overplayed, but because its one of my favorites in the studio, but just don't like it live nearly as much. In 17 shows I've heard it only once I think. Would be fine if I didn't hear it again.

Like Jimmy said, the ones I'd be okay with them retiring were never at the top of my list to begin with.
    I dont get the hate for Evenflow or Betterman. Yes, they're overplayed, but they're classics and still fun to see to me. I'd still rather hear those songs than ones I never cared to begin with like "You Are. (or I got Id)"

• crazy mary - only because the boom solo ruins it for me.  everyone is rocking out - then we all have to hush for the b3 solo?  ugghhh yawn.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,817
    Crazy mary
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,469
    Small Town
  • RW8297RW8297 Posts: 1,579
    Corduroy
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,831
    crazy mary - only because the boom solo ruins it for me.  everyone is rocking out - then we all have to hush for the b3 solo?  ugghhh yawn.
    Oh man, my favorite part of the live version is Boom's solo and then duel w/ Mike. Viva la B3! :smiley:
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,036
    lolobugg said:
    Betterman x 1000
    Couldn't agree more. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,817
    jjflash said:
    crazy mary - only because the boom solo ruins it for me.  everyone is rocking out - then we all have to hush for the b3 solo?  ugghhh yawn.
    Oh man, my favorite part of the live version is Boom's solo and then duel w/ Mike. Viva la B3! :smiley:
    That s the worst!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,472
    flame on, but porch, and all of ten except for release
  • derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    DTE...definitely overplayed!!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,506
    I agree with RITFW. Enough already.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    lolobugg said:
    Betterman x 1000
    Couldn't agree more. 
    Yes, that one too!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,831
    mcgruff10 said:
    jjflash said:
    That s the worst!
    LOL. Maybe we can debate it over a beer one of these days at a show.

I submit Got Some or The Fixer. At least they're short songs. Maybe not full-out stop performance them, but at least let them gather dust on a shelf for a good while.
  • BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,338
    Pendulum
    ..... I absolutely loved both nights at Fenway last August, but that song to open night 2 was a slight let down for me.... and is the one song I skip when I listen to those two bootlegs.
    ..... wait a second, I never loved Pendulum, sorry, I didn't interpret the prompt correctly.
    I can't recall any song that I love/used to love and now not wanting to hear live at a show.

Another example :) I disliked "Let the Records Play" after my second listening of that album song as I couldn't not think of the "Jeepers Creepers" children's tune when I heard that song.

edited August 2017
    jjflash said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    jjflash said:
    That s the worst!
    LOL. Maybe we can debate it over a beer one of these days at a show.

I submit Got Some or The Fixer. At least they're short songs. Maybe not full-out stop performance them, but at least let them gather dust on a shelf for a good while.
    Totally with you on The Fixer. What a stinker. But I actually think Got Some is pretty good live - it offers good crowd-rocking potential - even though I am rabidly anti-BS, lol.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • stevedsteved Posts: 651
    Betterman ( just numb to it)

Porch ( usually at the end of the main set, numb to it and would prefer RVM or Blood)

Rockin ( lost almost all musical integrity over the past many years for me.. played with the lights on with tambo's flying and flubbed lyrics. Just kind of symbolizes the end of the night and me wishing I was hearing a different song. Ledbetter doesn't bother me the same way..)
    1994 - Pensacola, Miami, Atlanta - 1995 - Milwaukee, Milwaukee, New Orleans (Tickets to Phoenix, Las Cruces, Austin, Shows Canceled) - 1996 - Randalls Island, Randalls Island, Charlotte, N.Charleston, Ft. Lauderdale - 1997 - Oakland -1998 - Alpine Valley, Alpine Valley, Chicago, West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach -  2000 - West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach, Phoenix, Las Vegas (10th Anniversary Show)  - 2003 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Atlanta, Nashville, Camden, Camden, MSG, MSG - 2004 - Kissimmee, Fl  -  2006 - Irving Plaza, Albany, Hartford, Denver, Denver, Las Vegas - 2007 - Ed w/ Jack Irons & Flea in LA  - 2008 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Columbia, Camden, Camden, Washington D.C. - 2009 - L.A., San Diego, Philly Spectrum Night 3 & 4  - 2010 - New Orleans, Columbus, Indianapolis, Hartford, MSG, MSG - 2011 - Ed - Hartford, Providence, Boston - 2011 - Alpine Valley X2 (PJ20), Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver - 2012 - Ed - Ft. Lauderdale x2, - 2012 / 2014 Beautiful Daughter "Emily" born 11/07/12. On the bench for 3 years! She's really cute though! - 2015 - Mexico City - 2016 - Ft. Laud, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Greenville, Raleigh, Columbia, Philly 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley Night 1 & 2 - 2016 - MSG, San Francisco, San Francisco, Seattle, Seattle (TOTD) - 2018 - Seattle 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2

• CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    Given to Fly has been absolutely phoned in for years.  
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,139
    Even flow

I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    There's lots to agree with in this thread...but whoever said I Got Shit, man....the fuck is wrong with you?
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • pearldavidsonpearldavidson PA Posts: 1,356
    DTE for sure. My number 1 piss break song.
  • Stickman24Stickman24 Posts: 210
    edited August 2017
    Alive.  That's how I know I'll get it next go round;)
  • FE55353FE55353 Greenville, SC Posts: 63
    I think I agree with DTE.... I think it is one song I have heard at most shows. 
    "If you are listening to this bootleg in Alaska, open the front door." Eddie Vedder 10/8/00

Alpine Valley: 6/26/98, 10/8/00, 6/21/03, 9/3/11 Target Center: 6/30/98
    Summerfest: 6/30/06 Music Midtown: 9/22/12 Wrigley Field: 7/19 & 7/20/13, 8/20/16
    Charlotte: 10/30/13
    Greenville: 4/16/16, Columbia 4/21/16, Wrigley Field: 8/20/2016