lets play on amazon and cheaper ie shipping and mp3 freebie

dannydanny Posts: 2,269
who wish they ordered of amazon,i im gutted i ordered of 10c  its bloody cheaper and you get a mp3 rip surely 10c could do this there shipping is getting very expensive
danny d

Comments

• PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,759
    The 10C always comes through with some other extra goodie that makes it worth it.  Patience grasshopper.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• dannydanny Posts: 2,269
    not on shipping old mate
    danny d
    I don't know what else to say then.  You can get it elsewhere but it always runs the risk of missing out on some potential mystery items.  

• whoyouare72whoyouare72 Chicago IL Posts: 2,067
    an MP3???!!! no way! that's killer! woooohoooo!!!
  • epieepie Posts: 290
    I am torn as well.  This like the old "Let's Make a Deal" show.  Give up the known for the unknown behind door #?  I am probably reaching here but I see 10c lists shipping weight as 3lbs.....hmmmm.  I guess nothing wrong holding out for a couple of more weeks before making a decision as to whether to cancel or not.  If it suddenly becomes sold out, perhaps that will be an indication as well as to something special for 10c members only.  Cheers all!
    1996 - Columbia, MD & Augusta, ME
    2013 - Worcester, MA (Lightning Bolt Release)
    2016 - Fenway Park I and II
    2017 - HSCM (EV) Boston, MA
    2018 - Seattle I, Fenway Park I and II
    2021 - Ohana Festival (EV/EV/PJ)
    2022 - EV (Beacon Theater II & Newark)
    2023 - Austin, TX I & II
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited August 2017
    This is a nice demonstration of what 10C needs to do better. WHY oh why would they not clearly let us know if there is something different about the 10C version, even if that's ALL they say, so that people can make an informed decision about how they are spending their hard earned money? Or, for that matter, why wouldn't they immediately let us know that it will also be available on Amazon, etc? I think this is extremely inconsiderate of Ten Club.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PB11041 said:
    The 10C always comes through with some other extra goodie that makes it worth it.  Patience grasshopper.
    debatable
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815
    PJ_Soul said:
    This is a nice demonstration of what 10C needs to do better. WHY oh why would they not clearly let us know if there is something different about the 10C version, even if that's ALL they say, so that people can make an informed decision about how they are spending their hard earned money? Or, for that matter, why wouldn't they immediately let us know that it will also be available on Amazon, etc? .
    +1. The same thing crossed my mind. I'd gladly buy one from 10C if it meant a chance to, say, get a variant colored vinyl or a unique sticker. However if it's the same record being sold and shipped at nearly 1.5x the total cost as thru some other retailers then I'd rather buy it elsewhere and later reallocate the saved money to 10C for tickets and tour travel. Heck, I'd willingly buy one for a few extra dollars and vote with my money to support 10C; however it's not such a black/white decision when it's $45 vs. $30. I will buy one, I'm just not yet sure where.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    PJ_Soul said:
    This is a nice demonstration of what 10C needs to do better. WHY oh why would they not clearly let us know if there is something different about the 10C version, even if that's ALL they say, so that people can make an informed decision about how they are spending their hard earned money? Or, for that matter, why wouldn't they immediately let us know that it will also be available on Amazon, etc? I think this is extremely inconsiderate of Ten Club.
    well stated.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    Would people please stop repeating that Amazon is giving away FREE MP3s when ordering this from them?

If you have to pay for the vinyl, then it's INCLUDED in the total price, not FREE.

Just like when Amazon states free shipping for Prime members. It's not free when I pay a yearly fee...
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,379
    Would people please stop repeating that Amazon is giving away FREE MP3s when ordering this from them?

If you have to pay for the vinyl, then it's INCLUDED in the total price, not FREE.

Just like when Amazon states free shipping for Prime members. It's not free when I pay a yearly fee...
    I pay for prime and order a ton from them.  The two day shipping more than pays for itself many times over.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

I never said it didn't pay for itself. But don't call it free when there's still a fee.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    edited August 2017

I ordered from 10C but the mp3's are free from amazon.  You're getting the product you ordered at a low price with mp3s that no one else is providing.

I guess you can carve it up if you want. We can say they're charging $16 for the vinyl and that the additional mp3s that come with it are $16.  Good deal either way LOL
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    danny said:
    who wish they ordered of amazon,i im gutted i ordered of 10c  its bloody cheaper and you get a mp3 rip surely 10c could do this there shipping is getting very expensive

Just cancel your 10c order and get it through Amazon.  I sent 10c an email yesterday and they cancelled it right away.  Saving myself $12 shipping and get the mp3s.  Nice deal.
    Once again, the MP3s are NOT free. But whatever helps you sleep at night, I guess.
  • lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,873
    Once again, the MP3s are NOT free. But whatever helps you sleep at night, I guess.
    So, what you're saying is that shipping and MP3 downloads are free? Awesome!
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    I don't think there is any indication, which may be more of the problem, that the vinyl pre-order from TC will not include a digital download, it would be a matter of whether that is done online at or on the release date or if it comes with the vinyl shipped.  

Moreover, there are items that are listed in the TC page that may not come with the regular retail, which again is not entirely clear, but the pre-sale at TC mentions more specifics 

Double Vinyl LP, Tip-on style gatefold jacket, Soft touch finish with gloss varnish, Featuring photos and director's note from Danny Clinch 

The fact that the shipping weight estimated from TC is 3 lbs tells me that the package is going to be different.  Enough for justifying the different shipping costs and Amazon's autorip mp3 program, I really don't know.

• DavidDDavidD Posts: 2,436
    PB11041 said:
    If your not into coloured vinyl then its not worth it. And the chance of getting a coloured copy is slim. You can always wait for people to start selling them for 100+ days after the sale if you NEED it. 
    I always think back to jack white and TMR. All the extras that came with that set and how great the packaging was. And the shipping was awesome. 
    But I still support 10c and bought my copy from them. 

• DavidDDavidD Posts: 2,436
    edited August 2017
    Post edited by DavidD on
  • pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,817
    PJ_Soul said:
    +1 All day. Simple, straightforward communication is all that we ask. 
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Someone is mad online.  Call it whatever the hell you want to...it's a much better deal to buy it through amazon.
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177

When I pay for the Vinyl at 10c I get no MP3s unless I pay for them elsewhere. When I pay for the vinyl at Amazon I don't have to pay for the MP3s, hence they're free. I receive them at no cost. I don't have to make a separate purchase. You can play your semantics game all day long, but if you calculate the price for the vinyl ($33.90) at 10c + $11.99 shipping + mp3s at Amazon ($13.99)  vs. the vinyl ($32.48) + mp3s ($0) + shipping ($0) at Amazon you're absolutely getting those MP3s free from Amazon when you buy the vinyl from them. So I can pay about $60 by going through 10c or just under $33 going through Amazon. Hmmm, really tough choice.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956

Amazon is cheaper than 10c is without the mp3, so yeah...the mp3 is free. Not just "included."
    I'm far from mad, and you guys can call it whatever the hell you want, but there is no such thing as free. I don't recall asking what the better deal was either, as I was simply trying to define a single word. I'm done arguing about it.

Maybe because I haven't been a regular poster since this site was called Synergy is the reason that my thoughts don't matter? Being nice and all that crap doesn't apply to those with low post counts?

I'm starting to remember why I stopped visiting this board all those years ago...
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,379
    I never said it didn't pay for itself. But don't call it free when there's still a fee.
    After I order ten times or so it is free. I'd be making those orders anyway and I get the other 90% of my orders shipped for free. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    I'm far from mad, and you guys can call it whatever the hell you want, but there is no such thing as free. I don't recall asking what the better deal was either, as I was simply trying to define a single word. I'm done arguing about it.

Maybe because I haven't been a regular poster since this site was called Synergy is the reason that my thoughts don't matter? Being nice and all that crap doesn't apply to those with low post counts?

I'm starting to remember why I stopped visiting this board all those years ago...
    I for one am not trying to silence you, nor do I hope that you stop posting. Welcome back, and I hope you stay! I was just responding to your premise regarding the cost of the MP3s and your request for people to stop calling it "free." That's all. It wasn't personal, and had absolutely nothing to do with your post count. You made a statement and others presented their counter arguments. We were having a discussion on a discussion board or forum. No ill will here!
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    agree above.
    Example of what isn't free: the crappy analog shirt. That is an example of something included in the cost, since it costs $20 more to get the "free" shirt.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808

not this shit again. just because someone disagreed with you, has zero to do with your post count. who even looks at that number?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    it's a free mp3 because you weren't paying for something extra.  It's like when you buy a can of soda and they give you a straw
    I miss igotid88
  • danny said:

Just cancel your 10c order and get it through Amazon.  I sent 10c an email yesterday and they cancelled it right away.  Saving myself $12 shipping and get the mp3s.  Nice deal.
    Just did the same. No brainer