EDDIE VEDDER TO HEADLINE 2ND ANNUAL OHANA FEST ON SEPT. 9

Comments

• For those who have been to the Festival in previous years....do they start selling EV merch on the first day?...or on Saturday when he's playing?
  • AT302834AT302834 San Diego Posts: 39
    Hi @doctaylor74@gmail.com Last year Ed merchandise was sold on the day he played. There was one station set up outside the venue (parking lot area). Once inside there were places designated for merchandise as well. There seemed to plenty on hand as posters were still selling well into the day. Of course, I am unsure if this will be the case for 2017. 
  • kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,888
    Can someone who went last year fill us in on seating/standing?  I see you can bring blankets, so did people fill up every square inch around the rail immediately with them as soon as the gates opened?  Kind of nice, as we can claim a spot and not feel like we have to stand for 9 hours straight.
    Rail was pretty much standing all day last year.
  • kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,888
    For those who have been to the Festival in previous years....do they start selling EV merch on the first day?...or on Saturday when he's playing?
    Ed played on the first day last year. It was only a two-day festival in its inaugural year. This is the festival's second year and they've expanded to Friday so it's TBD when they start selling it this year.
  • SpartanacusSpartanacus San Diego Posts: 794
    kasedoug said:
    Can someone who went last year fill us in on seating/standing?  I see you can bring blankets, so did people fill up every square inch around the rail immediately with them as soon as the gates opened?  Kind of nice, as we can claim a spot and not feel like we have to stand for 9 hours straight.
    Rail was pretty much standing all day last year.
    Yeah, I don't anticipate many towels/blankets up against the rail as they would get trampled due to people not giving a crap I'm sure, but were there towels/blankets laid down anywhere in the viewing area, especially in say the equivalent of the first 10 'rows'?  Just trying to get a sense of the vibe of the day...was it people sitting on their beach blankets for most shows, or just using them in between shows and then everyone stood?  Just want to know if it's worth it to even bring a blanket.  Thanks.  
  • For those who've been there before...would you recommend purchasing shuttle tickets, parking in the pickup lot, taking a taxi to get to the gate earlier than an hour before the gates open (to get a better spot in line); and then using the shuttle tickets to get back to the car when the festival is over at the end of the night?
  • Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,488
    Still trying to figure a way to get to this. Liam, Glen and Ed. 3 of my all time favorites 
    Just booked! So pumped!! Staying in Laguna Beach. Was closest I could get. 

For those who've been there before...would you recommend purchasing shuttle tickets, parking in the pickup lot, taking a taxi to get to the gate earlier than an hour before the gates open (to get a better spot in line); and then using the shuttle tickets to get back to the car when the festival is over at the end of the night?
    Would love to know answers here too 
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    The shuttle was very convenient last year, however, the line for the shuttle after the show was huge!
  • Did they have poster tubes?
    1996: Seattle, WA.
    1997: Oakland, CA - (Rolling Stones)
    1998: Portland, OR. & Seattle, WA.
    2009: Portland, OR.
    2011: East Troy, WI. 1 & 2 - PJ20 & Portland, OR. - Ed Solo
    2012: Dallas, TX. - Ed Solo
    2013: Dallas, TX. Oklahoma City, OK. & Portland, OR.
    2014: Tulsa, OK
    2015: Seattle WA. - Mad Season
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, FL. Miami, FL. & Chicago, IL - Wrigley 1
    2017: Dana Point - Ohana Fest - Ed Solo
    2018: Seattle WA. 1 & 2 - Safeco
    2021: Dana Point - Ohana Fest 1st Weekend & Night 1 & 2 - Ed Solo,
    2022: Louisville, St Louis
  • PG261808PG261808 Posts: 62
    Did they have poster tubes?
    Yes
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    In regards to the shuttle, last year, if you had VIP, you were able to bypass the huge shuttle lines for the ride back after the show.
  • kmac1976kmac1976 Posts: 84
    Anyone receive their tickets/wristbands yet?  
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Air23 said:
    drsluggo said:
    Is there anyone going to Ohama that can help with merch? I can pay or trade for other tour merch (stickers, hats, pins, etc). Not looking for posters - just the small stuff. PM if you are going and want to setup some trades. Thanks! :)
    Hi, I need the same kind of help for the zippo
    Me too, for the zippo. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • VikkivaleVikkivale Los Angeles, CA Posts: 222
    For those who've been there before...would you recommend purchasing shuttle tickets, parking in the pickup lot, taking a taxi to get to the gate earlier than an hour before the gates open (to get a better spot in line); and then using the shuttle tickets to get back to the car when the festival is over at the end of the night?
    Last year, I parked in the pickup lot and ubered over, because we were very early. My plan was to take the shuttle back, but the line was so long that my friend and I ended up walking back...which I don't recommend.  We took a wrong turn which turned into a major detour. We unded up walking for over two hours.  This year, I'm waiting in line for the shuttle to get back! :)
  • PJinILPJinIL satan's bed Posts: 431
    Second single Ohana ticket has been spoken for, pending confirmation of details. Still got the shuttle pass, lol.
    It's amazing what you hear when you take time to listen.
  • chiefnjkchiefnjk Posts: 301
    kmac1976 said:
    Not yet. Should be this week...
  • MercuryMercury Posts: 382
    chiefnjk said:
    kmac1976 said:

I hope so our flight leaves early on the 7th. If they're en route but not received by the 6th it could be a problem. 
  • branscopbranscop Posts: 1,181
    Trying to help my brother in law find a VIP ticket for Saturday. Anyone have an extra?
    Mercury said:
    chiefnjk said:
    kmac1976 said:

I hope so our flight leaves early on the 7th. If they're en route but not received by the 6th it could be a problem. 
    Same problem here. But just got my shipping email. Otherwise needs to come by Tuesday
  • Got shipping email yesterday and wrist bands are arriving today!  See you all there!
  • MercuryMercury Posts: 382
    Finally got shipping email, should be here tomorrow.

Now, bring on the set times! 
  • DoDaFooDoDaFoo Seattle, WA Posts: 235
    Mine are supposed to arrive tomorrow. Now I just need to find Sunday passes (yes I know they aren't sold out).
  • Saturday stage times for Main stage:
    Eddie @ 8:15, Ray LaMontagne @ 6:45, Fiona Apple @ 5:10, Glen Hansard @ 3:50, The Frights @ 2:15
    hidypitts said:
    Saturday stage times for Main stage:
    Eddie @ 8:15, Ray LaMontagne @ 6:45, Fiona Apple @ 5:10, Glen Hansard @ 3:50, The Frights @ 2:15
    Thanks! Assume Liam Finn before the Frights?
  • DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 875
    just got home from work, wristbands in the mail box!
  • hidypitts said:
    Tiki Stage: Liam Finn @ 6:10, Ella Vos @ 4:35, Conner Youngblood @ 3:10, Missio @ 1:30, Johnny Roundhouse @ 12:45
    hidypitts said:
    hidypitts said:
    Tiki Stage: Liam Finn @ 6:10, Ella Vos @ 4:35, Conner Youngblood @ 3:10, Missio @ 1:30, Johnny Roundhouse @ 12:45
    Thanks!

Gonna be a pain in the ass bouncing between Glen, Liam and back to Ed but will figure it out

Can't wait for this 

• DoDaFooDoDaFoo Seattle, WA Posts: 235
    Where are you seeing the schedule? Has Ohana posted it somewhere?