Let's Play Two Vinyl, CD/DVD, Blu-ray, Slipmats & Stickers

Comments

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,850
    I'm so glad that representatives for PJ give us information on here!
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090

:lol:
    www.cluthelee.com
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692

:lol:
    Between this and alternativenation.com, we are all becoming little fountains of knowledge.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Mac57Mac57 Posts: 253
    IT's happening!
    Thanks Demetrios.
    2008 MSG I & II
    2010 Newark, MSG I
    2013 Wrigley Field, Brooklyn I & II, Hartford, LA I & II, San Diego
    2014 Detroit, Moline, St. Paul & Milwaukee
    2015 Ed Sullivan Theater/ Central Park
    2016 FTL, Miami, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1
    2017 RRHOF
    2018 Seattle I & II, Missoula, Boston I & II
    2022 Apollo, MSG, Camden, Nashville & St. Louis
    2023 St.P. 1 & 2, Austin 1 & 2
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    https://drafthouse.com/show/pearl-jam-lets-play-two

PEARL JAM: LET’S PLAY TWO

2017 | min | NR

Buy Tickets

Director
    Danny Clinch
    Starring
    Pearl Jam

18 and up; Children 6 and up will be allowed only with an adult. No children under the age of 6 will be allowed.

Let’s Play Two is a concert film that chronicles Pearl Jam’s legendary performances at Wrigley Field during the Chicago Cubs historic 2016 season. With Chicago being a hometown to Eddie Vedder, Pearl Jam has forged a relationship with the city, the Chicago Cubs and Wrigley Field that is unparalleled in the world of sports and music.

From Ten to Lightning Bolt, the concert film shuffles through Pearl Jam’s ever-growing catalog of originals and covers -- spanning the band's 25-year career. The film includes exclusive interviews and a behind-the-scenes look as the Wrigleyville neighborhood transitions seamlessly from the atmosphere of a Cubs' win to the anticipation of, and preparation for, the concerts.

Through the eyes of renowned director/photographer Danny Clinch and the voice of Pearl Jam, the film showcases the journey of this special relationship -- using the past and present of both the band and the Chicago Cubs through the music, the sweat and the eternal hopes of being both: a Cubs fan and Pearl Jam fan. 

• disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    No! I hate movie theaters. Now this delays the home video even longer. 

But good for those that like the theater experience! 
  • mschostokmschostok Chicago, IL Posts: 858
    What is drafthouse? 
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    Eddie Vedder Obama Farewell Address 2017
    Eddie Vedder Louisville, KY 2017
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    mschostok said:
    What is drafthouse? 
    I think it's a theatre chain where you can eat/drink while watching a movie?  We don't have them in Canada but I've heard people talk about how awesome they are on various podcasts I listen to.
    Zod said:
    mschostok said:
    What is drafthouse? 
    I think it's a theatre chain where you can eat/drink while watching a movie?  We don't have them in Canada but I've heard people talk about how awesome they are on various podcasts I listen to.
    Gotcha, that sounds cool. Wonder if there are any in Chicago
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,759
    mschostok said:
    Zod said:
    mschostok said:
    What is drafthouse? 
    No Drafthouse theaters, but there are plenty places to drink and watch movies (Music Box, Vic, AMC and other chains)
    tschav said:
    mschostok said:
    Zod said:
    mschostok said:
    What is drafthouse? 
    No Drafthouse theaters, but there are plenty places to drink and watch movies (Music Box, Vic, AMC and other chains)
    Cool, that'd be pretty neat. 
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    mschostok said:
    Zod said:
    mschostok said:
    What is drafthouse? 
    Unfortunately the closest to Chicago would either be Springfield, MO or Omaha.  I'm lucky to have one about an hour from where I live.  The folks that own it took a vacation to Austin one year & visited one and decided they needed to bring a franchise back home.
    They serve a pretty damn good selection of craft beer and have a full restaurant menu.  And the best part is you never have to leave your seat; you get waited on while watching the movie.  The seats have a tabletop in front of you that runs the length of the aisle, and the wait staff has a runners row below you, so you don't have to worry about seeing over people.  The next seating aisle below is far enough down that even if someone stands up to go to the bathroom, etc, they don't block your view.  The theatre is very strict with their no talking, no cellphone policy.  They want you to enjoy the movie and the overall experience.
  • Okay, so I saw someone talking about "Extra Innings" and I was thinking.. What if its a box set, but the extra innings have nothing to do with any recent Chicago shows, but one a lonnnnnnggg time ago. 

3/28/1992 to be exact. Pearl Jam @ The Metro. They play audio from that show all the time on PJ Radio on Sirius... Its a wonderful set too. RITFW like 4 songs in, and an encore with The Smashing Pumpkins playing Window Paine and I've Got a Feeling!!

As far as I know official audio from the show has never been released, but it would seem that PJ have their hands on at least some of the audio because they play it a bunch. I know it has nothing to do with the "Lets Play Two/Cubs" motif we have going on here, but it could throw a bone to the collectors without having to wait for another 92 vault release. 

Eddie made this little jaunt around Wrigley before this show as well, so i guess that could be the tie in: 

https://youtu.be/urVTx-DNJPs
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    mschostok said:
    Zod said:
    mschostok said:
    What is drafthouse? 
    Unfortunately the closest to Chicago would either be Springfield, MO or Omaha.  I'm lucky to have one about an hour from where I live.  The folks that own it took a vacation to Austin one year & visited one and decided they needed to bring a franchise back home.
    They serve a pretty damn good selection of craft beer and have a full restaurant menu.  And the best part is you never have to leave your seat; you get waited on while watching the movie.  The seats have a tabletop in front of you that runs the length of the aisle, and the wait staff has a runners row below you, so you don't have to worry about seeing over people.  The next seating aisle below is far enough down that even if someone stands up to go to the bathroom, etc, they don't block your view.  The theatre is very strict with their no talking, no cellphone policy.  They want you to enjoy the movie and the overall experience.
    Yep, that's pretty much the deal.  Other than the full menu though they do lots of special menus depending on the movie.  They do brunch for Sunday matinees, three course tastings for chef inspired flicks, etc.  it's a pretty cool place, but pretentious nowadays and way overpriced.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,507
    edited August 2017
    Am I the only one that thinks extra innings is just behind the scenes stuff from the 2016 shows? I mean, I'll take anything., but I'm keeping hope close to home.

Or, they'll be at the Metro the night of the screening. Whichever...
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Gibson said:
    Am I the only one that thinks extra innings is just behind the scenes stuff from the 2016 shows? I mean, I'll take anything., but I'm keeping hope close to home.

If they did a pop up show at the Metro, similar to what Foo Fighters just did, it would be madness trying to get tickets. But how special that would be to be one of the lucky few! 
    Gibson said:

The idea of MLB playoffs and a Chicago screening at that time... very wishful thinking about the Metro, but that's just me being greedy.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    I really enjoyed pj20 in the theatre but I don't think I would enjoy watching a 3 hour concert.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    mschostok said:
    Zod said:
    mschostok said:
    What is drafthouse? 
    Yep, that's pretty much the deal.  Other than the full menu though they do lots of special menus depending on the movie.  They do brunch for Sunday matinees, three course tastings for chef inspired flicks, etc.  it's a pretty cool place, but pretentious nowadays and way overpriced.
    It certainly has gotten pricey recently.  I used to be able to get 3 pints and a pizza for about $25.  Now it's close to $40.  And that doesn't include the movie ticket.  I've never done one of the themed dinners, but it is a neat idea. 
    I love that they show classic films.  It gives me a chance to get that theater experience for movies I saw as a kid but didn't have the attention span at the time, or films whose theatrical releases were before I was born.  Seeing A Clockwork Orange in the theatre was absolutely fantastic!
  • derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254

Looks like it runs around 2 hours Mike!!

mcgruff10 said:
    I really enjoyed pj20 in the theatre but I don't think I would enjoy watching a 3 hour concert.

'96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• This is terrible news lol.  I mean don't get me wrong, I'm going to watch the shit out if it regardless, but the last thing we needed was another compilation film that doesn't come close to the feel of a full show.  Here's hoping that there is a deluxe version with at least one complete show. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    derbydave said:

Looks like it runs around 2 hours Mike!!

mcgruff10 said:

aaah that's not too bad then.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    Theatrical release sounds like the length of Immagine in Cornice, guessing there will be a deluxe edition or extras for the home dvd/blu ray release.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    I have complete faith we will get the chance to buy a $150 version of this movie. Limited Super Duper Deluxe. :lol:

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • JimmyV said:
    I have complete faith we will get the chance to buy a $150 version of this movie. Limited Super Duper Deluxe. :lol:
    With $139.99 for Canadian shipping.  Ha
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    JimmyV said:
    The question is when? Tomorrow? 
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,864
    So if Alamo Drafthouse is listing it, I guess that pretty much confirms we are getting the announcement tomorrow.

• derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    bbiggs said:
    JimmyV said:
    The question is when? Tomorrow? 

I'm guessing same time line as PJ20...

sure hope we get the soundtrack for the "movie" on vinyl too!!

'96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170