The Red Limo String Quartet are:
Sietse van Gorkom-violin
Camilla van der Kooij-violin
Rani Kumar-viola
Jonas Pap-Cello

01. Trouble-(Stevens)
02. Brain Damage-(Waters)
03. Sometimes
04. Throw Your Arms Around Me-(Archer, Falconer, Howard, Miles, Seymour, Smith, Waters)
{Ed addresses the audience in Italian}
05. Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
06. Off He Goes
07. Thumbing My Way
08. You’re True
    Quartet enters the stage
09. Satellite
10. Here Comes The Sun-(Harrison)
    Quartet exits the stage
11. Wishlist
12. Let My Love Open The Door-(Townshend)
13. Far Behind
14. Guaranteed
15. Long Nights with Glen Hansard playing bass
16. Rise
17. Good Woman-(Marshall)
18. Better Man
19. Immortality
20. Lukin {front only} (Ed gets lost and stops.  People shout out songs including “Slow Lukin”.  He says I agree.  It was a mistake.  You want something else.)
21. Porch
(Ed invites a young boy named Jake onstage.  Ed jokingly offers him some wine and has the house lights brought up so Jake can see the audience.  He then has the lights dimmed and people turn on their phone flashlights and wave them around.  He has Jake “blow” the lights out.}
22. I’m So Tired-(Fugazi)
23. Imagine-(Lennon, Ono)
    Quartet enters the stage
24. The Ship Song-(Cave)
25. Black {after the song is over the audience starts singing the wordless outro on their own.  It goes on long enough that Ed and the strings start playing again}
26. Sleepless Nights-(Bryant, Bryant) {Busking style-no PA, monitors or amplification with Glen.  Ed plays Uke.  Strings don’t play until the ritardando}
27. Just Breathe  {Not the complete song just the first two lines as Willie Nelson.  Ed teases Glen by asking him if Willie ever played one of his songs.  Glen admits he hasn’t.  Ed then points out the Glen has won an Oscar for his song)
28. Falling Slowly-(Hansard, Irglová) with Glen Hansard.  {Glen sings lead and plays guitar.  Ed sings harmony}
    Quartet exits the stage
{Ed invites a person on stage he jokingly refers to as Dennis Rodman.  It is just a tall guy named Fabrizio (sp) in a Rodman jersey.  He then tells a story about falling in love with Sicily while paddle boarding)
29. Smile with Glen Hansard {Glen plays guitar.  Ed plays harmonica and sings.}
30. Rockin’ In The Free World-(Young) with Glen

Encore Break One
31. Hard Sun-(Peterson) with Glen Hansard and Red Limo only singing.  Ed’s daughters are also on stage.  Everyone is in lab coats except the crew.
Encore Break Two
32. Dream A Little Dream Of Me-(Kahn, Andre, Schwandt)
(earlier in the show Ed commented about how he would climb the shit out of the place.  As he leaves the stage he jumps on some of the brick like he will climb it. Crowd cheers. He waves and goes offstage}

Glen Hansard Set List
01. High Hope
02. This Gift
(“This one’s for Ed…”)
03. Winning Streak {Glen sings “I miss you already” twice.  A reference to Pearl Jam’s “Smile”
04. When Your Mind’s Made Up
05. Bird Of Sorrow
(Glen wants to sing a song for his dear friend’s wife.  He then decides instead to have his friend sing the song.  His longtime friend and manager Fiacre Gaffney.  Fiacre comes up and plays guitar and sings with Glen doing harmony)
06. I Will - (Dick Glasser)
07. Way Back (Another friend of Glen’s named Paulie comes up and raps over the outro while Glen plays)

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.
Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates.
Thank you!

Thanks John for the set list & notes.

Post edited by Sea on
Tagged:

Comments

• ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    After reading these setlists I think the US needs a another eV tour!
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    ComeToTX said:
    Hell yes!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • vedderfan02vedderfan02 Posts: 186
    mcgruff10 said:
    ComeToTX said:
    Hell yes!
    It's coming, I've got a feeling
    2003: Nashville, Lexington, St.Louis
    2004: St. Louis
    2006: Cincinnati
    2008: Columbia, VA Beach
    2009: Chicago x2, Atlanta (EV) x2
    2010: St. Louis, Noblesville
    2011: St.Louis (EV), Alpine Valley x2
    2012: Pensacola, Atlanta, Memphis (EV)
    2013: Chicago, OKC
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Lexington, chicago x2
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,765
    mcgruff10 said:
    ComeToTX said:
    Hell yes!
    It's coming, I've got a feeling
    Hope you are right!  I'm craving a show so bad!!
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • bry321f11bry321f11 Posts: 326
    Ughhh, ship song.  One of my favorite covers that he does.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    Damn Black was amazing. Highlight of all 3 Italy shows for me. 
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    bry321f11 said:
    Ughhh, ship song.  One of my favorite covers that he does.

Definitely.  I heard him sing that at one of his Chicago shows.  Was awesome.
  • andlucyandlucy Posts: 4
    So wishing he would come to the US with Glen and do his solo gig...Seattle is waiting!!!

• PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,122
    19. Immortality

Thank you again Alex for giving me the chance to experience a little bit of Eddie's magic!
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • So, which were everyone's top shows?
  • Those 2 days stolen from eternity

Life comes bundled with loss, with pain and with sorrow. It’s unavoidable as much as it needed. It has to be dealt with and recovered from. It’s the lows that make the highs feel special. This is not the biggest threat for fulfillment. Routine, accommodation and day to day struggle take more out of fulfillment than big acute pain. It will not help you grow or endure. it will only make erode away… It will push you to ingratitude.

Life won’t happen to you if you try to make it happen for you.

I did help life happening to me by booking a hotel, buying plane tickets and show tickets. But all the rest was a gift, a privilege.

Amsterdam shows were good. London shows were awesome and so contrasting in mood they could have been scripted for a movie. Dublin was a feast of fun and a pure display of friendship on stage and of communal outburst of joy in the stands - loud and happy and Jeremy and Auld Triangle.

Yes Taormina is a bit too full of tourists, but how many corners of the world are more beautiful? In what other place can you walk down any random side street and be mesmerized by it’s coziness, the palette of colors or the smells? No map needed. Just walk randomly by the main road and take a side street left or right. Down or Up. And the flowers are there in the windows, the terraces surround you, the crooked stone stairs as well.

Yes it’s warm. Even hot. Sticky sweaty hot. As any good place should be.

There’s mountains. There’s crystal clear water. There are rocks in the water. There’s beer and cannoli and pizza and Parmesan ham with melon. There’s tiny expresso and Vespas. Fiat 600s and weddings. Godfather tshirts and Al Pacino pictures.

There is quite a lot.

And there’s Eddie Vedder and Glen Hansard playing a 300BC Greek theater with the ocean and a smoking volcano as a backdrop.

It is a, not once, but twice in a lifetime experience: 26 and 27 June 2017.

Long Road is quiet but with added fireworks for effect. Song of Good Hope is already transformed from sorrow song up to London I to the hopeful song it was probably written to be all along. There’s kids on stage for family feeling. Black, black, warm sky with sprinkled starts. Incredible lighting in the ancient columns reflecting it’s glow to the sky.

Added string quartet that have made superb songs into extra super superb songs? No song was left unchanged for the better by their presence.

It’s a great show and marvellous venue. The 14 hours to get there in 3 flights are forgotten.

Time to rest and new warm sunny day comes by. Walking and walking. Tasting and smelling. Shower rest and it’s beach time already. Cable car down and google maps says we are 10 minutes walking distance from our germany friends we are supposed to meet. It’s 14:00 and damn hot and the ocean is in front of us. Have the atlantic and indic in my list. Caribbean sea as well. Time to add the Mediterranean. What are we waiting for? A small shade to undress so we don’t burn our feet in the scorching black sand. New plan is get cold first walk to friends later.

Dive in: it’s colder than it looked, but so damn refreshing. Wait, says the friend…  isn’t that??? It was. Swim 20 meters and shake his hand. What comes out is . “hey Eddie, are we getting Smile tonight?”. “That’s actually a good idea…” and off he goes.

Get out, get in the shade and meet friends. A couple of many. Many as one. These Dutch. We are more used to the german crew. But there’s polish. Italians: loads of these. There’s belgians in the cable car. Swiss inside. Americans. Portuguese countrymen.

What is extremely hard to come by is anyone with bad vibrations… Why is everyone so friendly and nice and cool? If it’s not something in the water, as they all have different passport covers, must be something in the music.

Could it get better? Yes it did. Glen does his perfect set of the tour. He presents This Gift. He offers Mind’s made Up. And even Way Back becomes the perfect closer song it struggled to be before.

Seats are better. Very close friends are nearby. PJ friends which are some of the best kind to have.

Set comes. There go 21 songs and even before the encore it’s already the best of them. Is the sky darker? Are the stars brighter? Is the air lighter? Is the volcano erupting?

Was it Throw Your Arms? Let My Love that scored me points in the silly guess the setlist pre show competition? Or the perfect ukulele triplet selection?

It was just better and fuller and wider and deeper.

It was more of everything.

Here comes the Ship Song. Red Limo guys become unforgettable after this. Even if we were forgetting them, Black comes up next. Comes and goes and comes back again. With the help of all the good vibe people.

Oh Falling Slowly now… also best interpretation of the song of the tour. Then Smile and we all smile, and laugh and sing and smile again.

RITFW closes. Hard Sun closes again. Dream a Little Dream closes the 3rd time. Everything was just too wide open to be closed only once. Or Twice.

That’s it. You walk down and you feel the privilege. If you do not practice gratitude it is the right moment to start. Friends need to sleep earlier and there’s less beer today.

The good idea is to go the the stone entrance of the main square church and rest a little. Sing along to the young italian couple mobile phone prohibited video.

Try to tell my friend something that is struggling to get to my tongue, but seems to be stuck. Probably bad plumbing inside, between the soul and the heart.

It finally came out today. I think we just stole 2 days from eternity.

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    Those 2 days stolen from eternity

Life comes bundled with loss, with pain and with sorrow. It’s unavoidable as much as it needed. It has to be dealt with and recovered from. It’s the lows that make the highs feel special. This is not the biggest threat for fulfillment. Routine, accommodation and day to day struggle take more out of fulfillment than big acute pain. It will not help you grow or endure. it will only make erode away… It will push you to ingratitude.

Life won’t happen to you if you try to make it happen for you.

I did help life happening to me by booking a hotel, buying plane tickets and show tickets. But all the rest was a gift, a privilege.

Amsterdam shows were good. London shows were awesome and so contrasting in mood they could have been scripted for a movie. Dublin was a feast of fun and a pure display of friendship on stage and of communal outburst of joy in the stands - loud and happy and Jeremy and Auld Triangle.

Yes Taormina is a bit too full of tourists, but how many corners of the world are more beautiful? In what other place can you walk down any random side street and be mesmerized by it’s coziness, the palette of colors or the smells? No map needed. Just walk randomly by the main road and take a side street left or right. Down or Up. And the flowers are there in the windows, the terraces surround you, the crooked stone stairs as well.

Yes it’s warm. Even hot. Sticky sweaty hot. As any good place should be.

There’s mountains. There’s crystal clear water. There are rocks in the water. There’s beer and cannoli and pizza and Parmesan ham with melon. There’s tiny expresso and Vespas. Fiat 600s and weddings. Godfather tshirts and Al Pacino pictures.

There is quite a lot.

And there’s Eddie Vedder and Glen Hansard playing a 300BC Greek theater with the ocean and a smoking volcano as a backdrop.

It is a, not once, but twice in a lifetime experience: 26 and 27 June 2017.

Long Road is quiet but with added fireworks for effect. Song of Good Hope is already transformed from sorrow song up to London I to the hopeful song it was probably written to be all along. There’s kids on stage for family feeling. Black, black, warm sky with sprinkled starts. Incredible lighting in the ancient columns reflecting it’s glow to the sky.

Added string quartet that have made superb songs into extra super superb songs? No song was left unchanged for the better by their presence.

It’s a great show and marvellous venue. The 14 hours to get there in 3 flights are forgotten.

Time to rest and new warm sunny day comes by. Walking and walking. Tasting and smelling. Shower rest and it’s beach time already. Cable car down and google maps says we are 10 minutes walking distance from our germany friends we are supposed to meet. It’s 14:00 and damn hot and the ocean is in front of us. Have the atlantic and indic in my list. Caribbean sea as well. Time to add the Mediterranean. What are we waiting for? A small shade to undress so we don’t burn our feet in the scorching black sand. New plan is get cold first walk to friends later.

Dive in: it’s colder than it looked, but so damn refreshing. Wait, says the friend…  isn’t that??? It was. Swim 20 meters and shake his hand. What comes out is . “hey Eddie, are we getting Smile tonight?”. “That’s actually a good idea…” and off he goes.

Get out, get in the shade and meet friends. A couple of many. Many as one. These Dutch. We are more used to the german crew. But there’s polish. Italians: loads of these. There’s belgians in the cable car. Swiss inside. Americans. Portuguese countrymen.

What is extremely hard to come by is anyone with bad vibrations… Why is everyone so friendly and nice and cool? If it’s not something in the water, as they all have different passport covers, must be something in the music.

Could it get better? Yes it did. Glen does his perfect set of the tour. He presents This Gift. He offers Mind’s made Up. And even Way Back becomes the perfect closer song it struggled to be before.

Seats are better. Very close friends are nearby. PJ friends which are some of the best kind to have.

Set comes. There go 21 songs and even before the encore it’s already the best of them. Is the sky darker? Are the stars brighter? Is the air lighter? Is the volcano erupting?

Was it Throw Your Arms? Let My Love that scored me points in the silly guess the setlist pre show competition? Or the perfect ukulele triplet selection?

It was just better and fuller and wider and deeper.

It was more of everything.

Here comes the Ship Song. Red Limo guys become unforgettable after this. Even if we were forgetting them, Black comes up next. Comes and goes and comes back again. With the help of all the good vibe people.

Oh Falling Slowly now… also best interpretation of the song of the tour. Then Smile and we all smile, and laugh and sing and smile again.

RITFW closes. Hard Sun closes again. Dream a Little Dream closes the 3rd time. Everything was just too wide open to be closed only once. Or Twice.

That’s it. You walk down and you feel the privilege. If you do not practice gratitude it is the right moment to start. Friends need to sleep earlier and there’s less beer today.

The good idea is to go the the stone entrance of the main square church and rest a little. Sing along to the young italian couple mobile phone prohibited video.

Try to tell my friend something that is struggling to get to my tongue, but seems to be stuck. Probably bad plumbing inside, between the soul and the heart.

It finally came out today. I think we just stole 2 days from eternity.

This isnthe best post written in this forum
    Thank you

"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • TristeluneTristelune Posts: 318
    edited June 2017
    As Dimitri said, thank you for saying exactly what I (we all?) have in mind, I know I will read your post many times in the future. I'll add a few pics that I hope can help to understand what this is about. These are not great pics as I wanted to enjoy every minute there and not behind a camera. I finally get to change my avatar soon which is great. I'll never forget this. (I'll edit if it's too heavy/off topic/policy issues) Thanks to everyone we met, you rock!

Post edited by Tristelune on
  • VikkivaleVikkivale Los Angeles, CA Posts: 222
    Those 2 days stolen from eternity

Beautiful sentiment...what a great post! Thanks for sharing!
  • MalihiniMalihini Posts: 20
    luisgomes10
    That post is amazing and beautiful. Felt like I was there. Really wish I had been. Glad you had such a wonderful time. Thank you for sharing:)
    ~~ suspend your disbelief~~
  • Such beautifully pictured sentiments stated..thank you for sharing the joy..brought tears to mine eyes..thank you..thank you...thank you...luisgomes10 and tristelune..
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,701
    Those pictures are simply beautiful. Its a dream destination of mine.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Bine75Bine75 Germany Posts: 77
    What a great post and beautiful pictures!!! Thank you luisgomes10 and tristelune!!!
  • Air23Air23 Roma Posts: 1,351
    Hi, I am Fabrizio Rodman, they guy who was invited on the stage by Ed. It would be very much appreciated if anybody was so kind to send me the pictures she/he took of that moment. Thanks in advance for any help!
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,413
    What a night!!!..what a night!!!..thank you all!!!..thank you Sicily!!!!..
    so many new friends, so many old friends those 5 days in Italy..it was pure magic..
    my antecedents did a great job..

Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    Air23 said:
    Hi, I am Fabrizio Rodman, they guy who was invited on the stage by Ed. It would be very much appreciated if anybody was so kind to send me the pictures she/he took of that moment. Thanks in advance for any help!
    I have the whole vid at home. Do you have it yet? I can send you the file if you want.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    Air23 said:
    hello dude,,that was awedsome...congrats!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • I am up late, trying to readjust to the time zone change. I thought I would post some details of the incredible experience that I had in Italy. My wife and I just returned home to Massachusetts today after a two week long, second anniversary vacation to Italy. Part of our trip was spent in Sicily attending the two shows. 

6/26/17 - night one in Taormina Sicily
    "And the sun is set. The sun will rise another day."

My wife and i spent the day walking around this beautiful city. I can not say that I was surprised to see the incredible amount of Pearl Jam shirts on display as we explored Taormina today. The weather was perfect and the Ten Club seats were dead center in section C. Some highlights of this show were Driftin', It Happened Today and Out of Sand. A tremendous experience, but little did I know that night two would manage to top it. 

Image may contain one or more people sky and outdoor

Image may contain one or more people people on stage and night

6/27/17 - night two 

I had general admission tickets for this show, as my wife and I were sitting there discussing how last night was one of the best shows we've ever seen and we're so lucky. All of a sudden, I get a tap on my shoulder. A man who works for Ed says: "Are you guys really from Boston? Were you here last night? Were you at the Fenway shows?" Naturally the answer to all three questions is "yes!" Next...he says "on behalf of Eddie Vedder, we'd like to invite you to the front row." 

So we go down and our seats are so close, we can see Ed's sweat and light blue socks. But even better, during an intro before "Far Behind" he is mentioning countries like Croatia, Brazil, and I am right there in front of him with my Red Sox hat, motioning to my hat and shouting "BOSTON!" Ed adds with a smile "even Boston!" 

Somehow it gets better...at the encore Ed comes back on stage with a Corona and it seems like everyone is reaching for it, screaming...he holds his hand up to shield his eyes from the stage lights, looks for my hat, and goes "Boston, you take this!" 

Image may contain 1 person on stage playing a musical instrument standing guitar and night

Image may contain one or more people people on stage night and indoor

7/1/17 - meeting Eddie Vedder in Rome

The day after the second show, my wife and I took the train back to Rome. On July first, we are walking around Rome on our way to the Pantheon. We decide to get an early dinner at one of the many outdoor cafes. Soon after sitting down I realize Ed is sitting at the same outdoor cafe with his family. 

A few moments go by...Ed passes our table, and I say "Hey Ed, thanks for the beer the other night in Taormina!" Ed looks, immediately lights up, and says "Hey man, that was you?!" I shake Ed's hand and thank him not only for the beer, but also two incredible special nights in Sicily. I also mentioned to him that I liked seeing the Kevin Youkilis sticker on his case. Ed then reaches into his pocket, and pulls out a Red Sox pick saying "Oh, you'll like this then." 

Best part is, he stopped as he was leaving and said, "Hey, it was nice to meet you. I hope you guys enjoy the rest of your trip!" 

Image may contain one or more people

An amazing trip, made even more so by two incredible performances by Eddie Vedder. 

5/25/06, 6/30/08, 5/17/10, 10/15/13, 10/16/13, 7/11/14, 9/26/15, 4/18/16, (4/20/16), 4/21/16, 8/5/16, 8/7/16, 4/7/17, 7/1/18, 7/3/18, 8/13/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 5/12/22, 5/13/22, 8/22/24, 9/7/24, 9/15/24, 9/17/24

8/1/08, 6/16/11, 6/26/17, 6/27/17, 7/3/19, 2/4/22

11/4/16
  • I am up late, trying to readjust to the time zone change. I thought I would post some details of the incredible experience that I had in Italy. My wife and I just returned home to Massachusetts today after a two week long, second anniversary vacation to Italy. Part of our trip was spent in Sicily attending the two shows. 

6/26/17 - night one in Taormina Sicily
    "And the sun is set. The sun will rise another day."

My wife and i spent the day walking around this beautiful city. I can not say that I was surprised to see the incredible amount of Pearl Jam shirts on display as we explored Taormina today. The weather was perfect and the Ten Club seats were dead center in section C. Some highlights of this show were Driftin', It Happened Today and Out of Sand. A tremendous experience, but little did I know that night two would manage to top it. 

Image may contain one or more people sky and outdoor

Image may contain one or more people people on stage and night

6/27/17 - night two 

I had general admission tickets for this show, as my wife and I were sitting there discussing how last night was one of the best shows we've ever seen and we're so lucky. All of a sudden, I get a tap on my shoulder. A man who works for Ed says: "Are you guys really from Boston? Were you here last night? Were you at the Fenway shows?" Naturally the answer to all three questions is "yes!" Next...he says "on behalf of Eddie Vedder, we'd like to invite you to the front row." 

So we go down and our seats are so close, we can see Ed's sweat and light blue socks. But even better, during an intro before "Far Behind" he is mentioning countries like Croatia, Brazil, and I am right there in front of him with my Red Sox hat, motioning to my hat and shouting "BOSTON!" Ed adds with a smile "even Boston!" 

Somehow it gets better...at the encore Ed comes back on stage with a Corona and it seems like everyone is reaching for it, screaming...he holds his hand up to shield his eyes from the stage lights, looks for my hat, and goes "Boston, you take this!" 

Image may contain 1 person on stage playing a musical instrument standing guitar and night

Image may contain one or more people people on stage night and indoor

7/1/17 - meeting Eddie Vedder in Rome

The day after the second show, my wife and I took the train back to Rome. On July first, we are walking around Rome on our way to the Pantheon. We decide to get an early dinner at one of the many outdoor cafes. Soon after sitting down I realize Ed is sitting at the same outdoor cafe with his family. 

A few moments go by...Ed passes our table, and I say "Hey Ed, thanks for the beer the other night in Taormina!" Ed looks, immediately lights up, and says "Hey man, that was you?!" I shake Ed's hand and thank him not only for the beer, but also two incredible special nights in Sicily. I also mentioned to him that I liked seeing the Kevin Youkilis sticker on his case. Ed then reaches into his pocket, and pulls out a Red Sox pick saying "Oh, you'll like this then." 

Best part is, he stopped as he was leaving and said, "Hey, it was nice to meet you. I hope you guys enjoy the rest of your trip!" 

Image may contain one or more people

An amazing trip, made even more so by two incredible performances by Eddie Vedder. 

Wow! That's unreal! Congrats :-)
  • Air23Air23 Roma Posts: 1,351
    Air23 said:
    hello dude,,that was awedsome...congrats!!
    Thanks, man...congrats are appreciated as they come from a real fan
  • Serendipity is a beautiful thing...Joy attracts Joy! Thanks for sharing yours!
    edited June 2019

Post edited by PJNB on
  • vogonpoetbythelakevogonpoetbythelake Posts: 2,146
    edited July 2017
    Awesome! (Like totally..cool.. in  the Chris Farley way...cant find the words.thanks...may be the closest I ever get to feeling it without actually being there!)
    Post edited by vogonpoetbythelake on
  • BRWillyBRWilly DC Posts: 63
    These aren't your 2011 EV tours, these are your Pearl Jam 32 song setlists, deep cuts, killer covers EV tours! I'll take this (or PJ please!) in the US ASAP!
    Mansfield 6/30/08
    Boston 5/17/10
    Baltimore 10/27/13
    Central Park 9/26/15
    Philadelphia 4/29/16 (TEN)
    Fenway Park 8/5/16
    Fenway Park 9/4/18
    St. Paul 9/2/23

Ev Solo Providence 6/15/11
  • ruairitlkruairitlk Posts: 1
    Will add a couple of shots once ready, but in the meantime, something to add to Tristelune's and others' posts...set list from Taormina night 2, 27/6