Road Rage

snow_board_ridersnow_board_rider Posts: 943
edited June 2011 in A Moving Train
Anybody rage on somebody and attack them with a danish or is it a seattle thing?
http://www.king5.com/news/local/Food-Fi ... 19189.html
Memorial Stadium, Seattle - Jul 21 22, 1998
Key Arena - Nov 05, 2000
Gorge Amphitheater - Sep 01, 2005, Jul 22,23, 2006
Key Arena - Sept 21,22, 2009
Alpine Valley - Sept 3, 4 2011
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,517
    In Texas and Florida it's a gun
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,211
    Bearclaws are better weapons.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    edited June 2011
    Real road rage . . . South African-style :mrgreen:

54e1316b.jpg

dcf1af3e.jpg

50cafb97.jpg

ba17865d.jpg

4b564008.jpg

494809da.jpg

7bdb78b7.jpg
    Post edited by Fifthelement on
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    ^^that is so funny fifthelement! :D 'what's this?? get it the hell outta here'
    EmBleve wrote:

The driver was impatient and tried to pass the elephant . . . not a good idea :lol::lol::lol:
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    EmBleve wrote:

The driver was impatient and tried to pass the elephant . . . not a good idea :lol::lol::lol:
    ohh! That's even funnier!! :lol::lol:
    EmBleve wrote:
    EmBleve wrote:

ohh! That's even funnier!! :lol::lol:

Well, you know what they say, "You mess with the bull, you get the horns." :lol::lol:

:think: I wonder if the driver's insurance covered this?
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    Not sure how many of you heard this story yet, mostly everyone around my area has and it's become pretty big news.  well on Wednesday evening around 5:30 a man shot and killed a young woman (18 years old) cause she wouldn't let him merge into the lane.  I use this road everyday and am usually on that road around that time (well maybe about 15 or so minutes beforehand).  Anyway the road is two lanes and eventually merges into one.  People tend to speed up and pass if someone goes slow.  Although sometimes around rush hour it get backed up for about a mile which is a pain.  I know some people like the "zipper" method which i understand and all.  Me personally, i don't see why people can't merge earlier if it's not too backed up. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2017/06/30/manhunt-underway-for-road-rage-suspect-accused-of-killing-pennsylvania-teenager/?utm_term=.20c89d13ac33

Early this morning they found the possible truck that was involved.  Guessing Hoping they find the man responsible for his actions.
    http://6abc.com/traffic/video-pickup-truck-recovered-in-road-rage-killing-case/2164008/

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Not sure how many of you heard this story yet, mostly everyone around my area has and it's become pretty big news.  well on Wednesday evening around 5:30 a man shot and killed a young woman (18 years old) cause she wouldn't let him merge into the lane.  I use this road everyday and am usually on that road around that time (well maybe about 15 or so minutes beforehand).  Anyway the road is two lanes and eventually merges into one.  People tend to speed up and pass if someone goes slow.  Although sometimes around rush hour it get backed up for about a mile which is a pain.  I know some people like the "zipper" method which i understand and all.  Me personally, i don't see why people can't merge earlier if it's not too backed up. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2017/06/30/manhunt-underway-for-road-rage-suspect-accused-of-killing-pennsylvania-teenager/?utm_term=.20c89d13ac33

Early this morning they found the possible truck that was involved.  Guessing Hoping they find the man responsible for his actions.
    http://6abc.com/traffic/video-pickup-truck-recovered-in-road-rage-killing-case/2164008/

Wow.

If he didn't have his gun... he would have cooled down and eventually thought of nicer things. In a momentary fit of rage... he lost control and killed someone. Whether people care to accept it or not... this is a case for gun control.

The zipper merge is the appropriate method. If people merge too soon, what ends up happening is more cars end up merging in front of vehicles than the zipper method affords. Not that it matters: f**k man... chill out. What did it cost you? 5 seconds? And you kill someone?

The girl might have given him the one finger salute or yelled at him like so many do once tension was demonstrated. I've discovered that, because of incident she like this, it is best not to engage other drivers in any emotional way when down in the US. In Canada, you can act like a complete asshole if that is what you want to do- nobody has a gun and the worst that can happen is someone flips you off. As this case and many others have demonstrated, you never know who you're dealing with in the US. Armed and angry is not uncommon.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    Not sure how many of you heard this story yet, mostly everyone around my area has and it's become pretty big news.  well on Wednesday evening around 5:30 a man shot and killed a young woman (18 years old) cause she wouldn't let him merge into the lane.  I use this road everyday and am usually on that road around that time (well maybe about 15 or so minutes beforehand).  Anyway the road is two lanes and eventually merges into one.  People tend to speed up and pass if someone goes slow.  Although sometimes around rush hour it get backed up for about a mile which is a pain.  I know some people like the "zipper" method which i understand and all.  Me personally, i don't see why people can't merge earlier if it's not too backed up. 

Wow.

If he didn't have his gun... he would have cooled down and eventually thought of nicer things. In a momentary fit of rage... he lost control and killed someone. Whether people care to accept it or not... this is a case for gun control.

The zipper merge is the appropriate method. If people merge too soon, what ends up happening is more cars end up merging in front of vehicles than the zipper method affords. Not that it matters: f**k man... chill out. What did it cost you? 5 seconds? And you kill someone?

The girl might have given him the one finger salute or yelled at him like so many do once tension was demonstrated. I've discovered that, because of incident she like this, it is best not to engage other drivers in any emotional way when down in the US. In Canada, you can act like a complete asshole if that is what you want to do- nobody has a gun and the worst that can happen is someone flips you off. As this case and many others have demonstrated, you never know who you're dealing with in the US. Armed and angry is not uncommon.
    No no Thirty, you're looking at it the wrong way. If SHE had a gun then she could have protected herself.
  • Thirty Bills UnpaidThirty Bills Unpaid Posts: 16,881
    edited July 2017
    RiotZact said:

Wow.

No no Thirty, you're looking at it the wrong way. If SHE had a gun then she could have protected herself.
    Lol

This, sadly, is the actual counter argument.

(My iPad is pissing me off... it auto corrects and makes me look like an idiot. For example, 'incidents like' auto corrects to 'incident she like').

If I had a gun... I would have shot it one minute ago, but thank gawd I don't! I don't mind it so much now that my rage has passed and I still have an iPad!
  • ^^^
    If you turn auto correct off and just take your time and type what you want you wouldn't get so enraged.  
    So on a side note, killing people because of road rage is not cool.  Death penalty for them.

• oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    ^^^
    If you turn auto correct off and just take your time and type what you want you wouldn't get so enraged.  
    So on a side note, killing people because of road rage is not cool.  Death penalty for them.

Okay, I have to admit I laughed at that. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • ^^^

Okay, I have to admit I laughed at that. 
    1 of 100 things Fan says is funny. 

You have to wave a lot of mosquitoes away before chuckling, but sometimes it's worth it.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524

Road rage suspect turns himself in, faces murder charges

Road rage suspect turns himself in, faces murder charges
    was just going to post this.  yeah the a-hole turned himself in.  :smile:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    Why bump a six year old thread?
    unsung said:
    Why bump a six year old thread?
    cause i didn't want to start a new one.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • You know what?

This guy looks almost exactly as I thought he might.
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,587
    You can find some strong entitlement driving in the thread that talks about protesters blocking traffic. Some advocating violence if they were delayed. It's a symptom of American driving culture. There's not a lot of responsibilty placed on drivers. 
    You know what?

This guy looks almost exactly as I thought he might.
    the sketch that was drawn looks nothing really like him though.  oh well.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    We have at least three fairly busy roads where two lanes merge into one and almost any time I drive them it's the same old BS of people gunning it to get first.  Where Pleasant Valley Road crosses Highway 49,where the speed limit is 25, I've seen people shoot through there at twice that speed just to get one more car length ahead, like that's going to make a difference.  This says something about human nature that is not exactly pleasant to look at.  And when it comes to someone getting so upset they actually shot and kill another driver- oh man. 

So what is that argument about how humans are superior to other animals?  
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,412
    I see this behaviour multiple times a day in my work.

The worst though is speeding up to pass someone only to jam on the brakes to make the exit.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    I would categorize this little story under road rage.  I'm going to tip toe around certain subjects here because to me the bottom line of this subject is more about the decency- or lack thereof- of some people.  It has to do with the latest game some people are playing on the road. 

I drive a Prius.  That should tell you little or nothing about me personally that you may or may not know about me already.  It's just a car.  I know people of all types who drive a Prius.  For me it's about 1) longevity- my mechanic says I should have no trouble hitting between 300K and 400K miles with no major work needed other than one change of the big battery,  2) great cargo space for a small car.  I can carry up to 16 banker boxes full of books if I really pack carefully- about the same my wife can carry in her 4-Runner-, and 3) fuel efficiency.  I have done the math and so far, at 185 K miles, this car has save me about $12,000 in fuel expenses.  With some luck, I will eventually save most or all of the original price of the vehicle which I purchased new.

So here's the problem.  Where I live, there are a great number of people who drive large pickup trucks.  OK, fine.  Like I said, my wife has a 4-Runner.  But lately, the bigger the truck, the more these guys (and it's always guys) like to harass us small car drivers by getting right up on our bumper.  At night, this is particularly problematic because these guys like to jack up their mongo trucks and/or raise them up further with over-sized tires but don't adjust their headlights.    This happens a lot and, in fact, happened twice today.  The second time I'm pretty sure they guy tried to run me off the road.  He didn't know I have good reflexes and a lot of driving experience.  I think he felt kind of stupid afterwards. 

The bigger problem is that I've talked to other Prius and small car owners who have had the same problem.  This is not going to turn out well for someone with less driving experience.  It's gotten to the point where driving is like roller derby on steroids.  Every outing is an exercise in ultra defensive driving and, whenever possible, avoidance.  I don't know what the trip is with these idiots.  I suspect they are using something big and loud to compensate for something small and ...
    ...well, that's enough for this rant.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,412
    brianlux said:
    I would categorize this little story under road rage.  I'm going to tip toe around certain subjects here because to me the bottom line of this subject is more about the decency- or lack thereof- of some people.  It has to do with the latest game some people are playing on the road. 

I drive a Prius.  That should tell you little or nothing about me personally that you may or may not know about me already.  It's just a car.  I know people of all types who drive a Prius.  For me it's about 1) longevity- my mechanic says I should have no trouble hitting between 300K and 400K miles with no major work needed other than one change of the big battery,  2) great cargo space for a small car.  I can carry up to 16 banker boxes full of books if I really pack carefully- about the same my wife can carry in her 4-Runner-, and 3) fuel efficiency.  I have done the math and so far, at 185 K miles, this car has save me about $12,000 in fuel expenses.  With some luck, I will eventually save most or all of the original price of the vehicle which I purchased new.

So here's the problem.  Where I live, there are a great number of people who drive large pickup trucks.  OK, fine.  Like I said, my wife has a 4-Runner.  But lately, the bigger the truck, the more these guys (and it's always guys) like to harass us small car drivers by getting right up on our bumper.  At night, this is particularly problematic because these guys like to jack up their mongo trucks and/or raise them up further with over-sized tires but don't adjust their headlights.    This happens a lot and, in fact, happened twice today.  The second time I'm pretty sure they guy tried to run me off the road.  He didn't know I have good reflexes and a lot of driving experience.  I think he felt kind of stupid afterwards. 

The bigger problem is that I've talked to other Prius and small car owners who have had the same problem.  This is not going to turn out well for someone with less driving experience.  It's gotten to the point where driving is like roller derby on steroids.  Every outing is an exercise in ultra defensive driving and, whenever possible, avoidance.  I don't know what the trip is with these idiots.  I suspect they are using something big and loud to compensate for something small and ...

dash cam mounted in the rear. submit video to the local chp outpost.

California still requires a front plate dont they?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:

dash cam mounted in the rear. submit video to the local chp outpost.

California still requires a front plate dont they?
    I don't know if anyone read this a few weeks ago, but it definitely struck a chord regarding pickup truck owners where I live: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-03-11/the-dangerous-rise-of-the-supersized-pickup-truck.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    brianlux said:

My wife calls them penis trucks. There are tons of them where I live, and you are right, very few are driven by women.
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    People (appear to) make up for their dicks in many ways. In fact, I see some women pull this shit too.

Gotta say that the big truck/small dick theory is kind of tired and old. An easy dig, like a child. 
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,481
    hedonist said:
    People (appear to) make up for their dicks in many ways. In fact, I see some women pull this shit too.

Gotta say that the big truck/small dick theory is kind of tired and old. An easy dig, like a child. 
    What are your thoughts on the pick up owners who hang a scrotum sack from their trailer hitch? Or are those nut sack vultures? Thoughts? What's next? Breasts on the grill?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    hedonist said:

If you don't work in construction, agriculture, landscaping, etc., why the fuck would you buy a pickup truck if not to seem more manly? Might not be dick size but rather a general feeling of emasculation from the terrible burden of having to being a responsible adult. But it's a thing.

So many giant pickup trucks around my town just to run to the grocery store or drop the kids off at school. That's worthy of ridicule, IMO, especially when the vehicles (not to mention the meathead hockey dads behind the wheel) are much more dangerous to the community at large.

Check out that Bloomberg article I posted. It's a fairly well researched piece by the author of a book on pedestrian deaths in the US.
    I SAW PEARL JAM