Big shock, another crooked politician

unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487

Comments

• unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593
    Big shock: another negative disparaging thread on AMT!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• I wouldn't say it's a negative disparaging thread at all.  
    They are being investigated for fraud - it's a fact. Nothing more nothing less.
    Lets hope and pray many birds land during the trial to set them free.
    I think it's safe to say that Bernie is feeling a burn.

• ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    I wouldn't say it's a negative disparaging thread at all.  

One article here and you believe the investigation is legit and justified. I hope you see the irony playing out here. 

(And I have no doubt this investigation is true. Just like that one you fail to acknowledge.)
    edited June 2017

No, sorry, wrong.  The thread title is "Big shock, another crooked politician".   That's an accusation, also known as slander.  The Sanders have been accused of nothing.  The investigation itself may prove to be politically motivated and and if so, that would make the accuser more crooked than the accused.  We don't know yet.  Calling someone "crooked" before the fact is aiming rather low. 

Have fun with this but I'm reserving judgement until more is known.

Yes, another negative disparaging AMT thread.  Whoopdiefuckindoo.  :minus_one:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• I wouldn't say it's a negative disparaging thread at all.  

One article here and you believe the investigation is legit and justified. I hope you see the irony playing out here. 

(And I have no doubt this investigation is true. Just like that one you fail to acknowledge.)

I didn't say legit or justified at all.  I recognize the irony.  It just seems that the Bernie case will Trump the headlines.  We are talking fraud here. As for President Trump is he really being investigated?
  • brianlux said:

No, sorry, wrong.  The thread title is "Big shock, another crooked politician".   That's an accusation, also known as slander.  The Sanders have been accused of nothing.  The investigation itself may prove to be politically motivated and and if so, that would make the accuser more crooked than the accused.  We don't know yet.  Calling someone "crooked" before the fact is aiming rather low. 

Have fun with this but I'm reserving judgement until more is known.

Yes, another negative disparaging AMT thread.  Whoopdiefuckindoo.  :minus_one:

Hang in there Mr. Lux, your bird will land soon.

I didn't say legit or justified at all.  I recognize the irony.  It just seems that the Bernie case will Trump the headlines.  We are talking fraud here. As for President Trump is he really being investigated?
    I'm pretty sure Trump's case will still take the top of the news spot over this. I'm not sure Mrs. Sanders case of fraud can top the President's election team possibly working with Russia. 
  • ^^^
    The MSM so far is doing very well at subduing this from the headlines. Why?

• Kev - Coat and KeysKev - Coat and Keys Earth Posts: 357
    I saw enough headlines about this story, nothing being hidden.
    There is an ongoing investigation, apparently these things take time. 
    Because Bernie is an independent senator from Vermont and not President of 370m Americans? Nor is Bernie the primary focus of the investigation with his wife. 

One of these stories applies to every American. If you were in charge of covering a story, which would you choose? Independent senator from northeast or President of the whole country? 
    Interesting little tidbit of information here:  The man responsible for filing these claims is Brady Toensing, chairman for the Trump campaign in the state of Vermont.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/bernie-and-jane-sanders-under-fbi-investigation-for-bank-fraud-hire-lawyers/

• Because Bernie is an independent senator from Vermont and not President of 370m Americans? Nor is Bernie the primary focus of the investigation with his wife. 

One of these stories applies to every American. If you were in charge of covering a story, which would you choose? Independent senator from northeast or President of the whole country? 

Whoever is covering this story is not getting the coverage. Why?
    Bernie is done.

I still call bullshit on this thread title and am waiting for Unsung to amend it so as not to be slanderous. 

I think that's wishful thinking. It's his wife and that college that could be in trouble. Could be some fines coming their way. I think it'd be easy for the Senate office to play it off that they knew nothing of the forged forms. That's tough to prove. Bernie will survive. Not that I really care, I don't want him as the face of my party. If people are putting their eggs in the Warren/Sanders wing of the party, I hope they're ready to lose for the foreseeable future. 

This is nowhere near near the story the Trump investigation is though. Collusion and possible treason is a sexier headline to the media. 
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited June 2017
    brianlux said:
    I still call bullshit on this thread title and am waiting for Unsung to amend it so as not to be slanderous. 

Slanderous? I find it ironic that most people here have carte blanche to call President Trump whatever they want to. Yet a simple fact the Bernie Sanders and family is being investigated for fraud and name calling is a no go.
    brianlux said:

Slanderous? I find it ironic that most people here have carte blanche to call President Trump whatever they want to. Yet a simple fact the Bernie Sanders and family is being investigated for fraud and name calling is a no go.
    I'm not "most people".  :smile:

• ^^^
    Then champion for the fact that Bernie is under investigation.

• Why is there no "breaking news" on CNN about this?
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    ^^^
    Then champion for the fact that Bernie is under investigation.

i'll champion it when you champion the fact that your boy trump is under investigation. you don't even have to champion that trump is in big trouble, just that he is being investigated.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    Why is there no "breaking news" on CNN about this?
    probably because it is a sunday night, and not much is known about the accusations. wait until tomorrow and it will be big news for a few hours until trumpelstiltskin tweets something stupid again.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

you know that trump can't stand not being the center of attention. he will probably tweet about it at 4 am to control the news cycle all day.

you know that trump can't stand not being the center of attention. he will probably tweet about it at 4 am to control the news cycle all day.
    :lol:

brianlux said:
    you know he is going to tweet about it. when you are in big trouble and the main focus of the news all day every day about the investigation the best thing to do is to try to deflect attention to someone else. trump's problem is he doesn't know how to shut the hell up for 24 hours. he tries to deflect attention from himself and it always backfires, just like Wile E Coyote or something.

brianlux said:
    you know he is going to tweet about it. when you are in big trouble and the main focus of the news all day every day about the investigation the best thing to do is to try to deflect attention to someone else. trump's problem is he doesn't know how to shut the hell up for 24 hours. he tries to deflect attention from himself and it always backfires, just like Wile E Coyote or something.
    It's going to hurt big time when Wile E. Trump finds himself oh so briefly suspended over mid air!

brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    It's going to hurt big time when Wile E. Trump finds himself oh so briefly suspended over mid air!

:lol::lol:
    he is gonna need a tiny pink umbrella to parachute his way to the ground, haha

brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

Gonna need something more substantial than this:

• dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

Gonna need something more substantial than this:

• Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,481
    unsung said:
    Maybe he should hole up in that lake front compound and blast the court appointed officers with buckshot and AR15 rounds when they arrive to serve summons?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    unsung said:
    Maybe he should hole up in that lake front compound and blast the court appointed officers with buckshot and AR15 rounds when they arrive to serve summons?
    :rofl:

You guys are killing me... with BUCKSHOOOOOOOOOOOT!