SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,903
Eddie Vedder
Lotto Arena
Antwerp, BE
June 19, 2017
Set List

Ed On Stage 9:20
Ed Off Stage  11:40 (approx)

Intro Music:Batman-(Neal Hefti) TV show theme song performed by Harper and Eddie Vedder

The Red Limo String Quartet are:
Sietse van Gorkom-violin
Camilla van der Kooij-violin
Rani Kumar-viola
Jonas Pap-Cello

(The Lotto Arena is a sports arena but it doesn’t have air conditioning.  It is 84F/29C and humid when Ed goes onstage.  It is so hot that the crew is told they don’t need to wear lab coats for this show)

01. Brain Damage-(Waters)
02. Sometimes
03. Wishlist
04. The Needle and The Damage Done-(Young)
05. I Am Mine
(Ed jokes about it feeling like summer has arrived but he didn’t expect it to ”.. feel so much like summer in here. I mean we are only three songs in.  I don’t want to be one of those guys from somewhere else and tell people about their country but the world is getting warmer.  That is a fact.  And air conditioners are only going to get more expensive…”)
06. Off He Goes
07. Can’t Keep
08. Sleeping By Myself
    Quartet enters the stage
{Ed talks about writing the song and it’s connection to Damien Echols and his wife.  He says if you listen to the record you can hear a phone ring right at the end of the song. Lorri Davis, Damien’s wife, called Ed just as he was finishing the song and hadn’t stopped his recorder.}
09. Satellite-with string quartet
10. Again Today-(Carlile)-with string quartet.  {Ed and the quartet play the song that Pearl Jam covered for the “Cover Stories” benefit album.  Ed plays acoustic guitar and sings}
    Quartet exits the stage
11. Better Man/Save It For Later-(Charley, Cox, Morton, Steele, Wakeling)
12. Far Behind
13. Setting Forth
14. Guaranteed
15. Rise
16. Immortality
17. Lukin
18. {instrumental section from Ed’s version of Millworker}
19. Porch
20.  improv intro/I’m So Tired-(Fugazi)
21. You've Got To Hide Your Love Away-(Lennon, McCartney) with Chris from the audience. {A very nervous guy named Chris is brought on stage to play harmonica.  Ed gets him a beer and says if he can’t  play he is “outta here”  Chris sings with Ed a bit but when the harmonica solo comes up the instrument is in the wrong key.  They whistle the end of the song and Chris goes back into the audience}

22. Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
23. Should I Stay Or Should I Go?-(Headon, Jones, Simonon, Strummer) {played on Gibson electric ukulele)
    Quartet enters the stage
24. Black-with string quartet
25. “Heroes”-(Bowie, Eno) with strings {Partial}
26. Just Breathe
27. Song Of Good Hope-(Hansard) {Ed sings main vocal, Glen plays guitar and sings harmony}-no strings
28. Falling Slowly-(Hansard, Irglová)-Glen sings main vocal and plays guitar.  Ed sings lead on a verse and harmony vocals with strings)
    Quartet exits the stage
29. Drive All Night-(Springsteen)  {Glen sings lead and plays acoustic guitar.  Ed plays pump organ sings harmony}
30. Rockin’ In The Free World-(Young) with Glen
Encore Break
31. Hard Sun-(Peterson) with Glen and The Red Limo Quartet singing

Glen onstage at 8:00
Glen Hansard Set List

01. Her Mercy
02. Love, Don’t Keep Me Waiting
03. When Your Minds Made Up
04. This Gift
05. Vigilante Man-(Guthrie)
06. Way Back

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.
Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates.
Thank you!

Thanks John for the set list & notes.

Tagged:

Comments

• AJMAJM Posts: 26
    Really, what a night! Hot like hell in this arena, but the crowd had alot of energy and Ed too! This version of Black with the string quartet I will always remember! After the Amsterdam shows this had a complete other vibe, the dude that got onstage hahaha. Well all I can hope for know is some tix for italy! Really hard to put in words what we enjoyed!! Wooooohoooo! Thanx Ed you freaking legend!
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,838
    Batman intro music of Ed and Harper! Brilliant! Looks like a another strong set. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Bine75Bine75 Germany Posts: 77
    edited June 2017
    Oh my god, what a show!! Was my first EV solo show. Got TC Tickets Row 13 - perfect - thanks TenClub. Brilliant set list. So many highlights. Porch was great, the Into the wild songs, Black with string quartet. Getting deeply touched by I'm so tired and also Song of good hope and Falling slowly together with Glen. Ed really enjoyed himself on stage. When he came out he was "dancing" to the Batman music und got standing ovations. It was really hot in the arena and he made some jokes about it. The end of the show was also great, when everyone was in front of the stage and was singing to RITFW and Hard sun. This was an unforgettable night! Thank you Eddie!!!!
    Sorry if my english is not perfect, I'm german :-)
    Post edited by Bine75 on
  • reyrey Monmouth County, NJ Posts: 270
    Bine75 said:
    Oh my god, what a show!! Was my first EV solo show. Got TC Tickets Row 13 - perfect - thanks TenClub. Brilliant set list. So many highlights. Porch was great, the Into the wild songs, Black with string quartet. Getting deeply touched by I'm so tired and also Song of good hope and Falling slowly together with Glen. Ed really enjoyed himself on stage. When he came out he was "dancing" to the Batman music und got standing ovations. It was really hot in the arena and he made some jokes about it. The end of the show was also great, when everyone was in front of the stage and was singing to RITFW and Hard sun. This was an unforgettable night! Thank you Eddie!!!!
    Sorry if my english is not perfect, I'm german :-)

I'm assuming the intro. music (Batman) was a recording?

When I first read the above and saw that it said "Batman-(Neal Hefti) TV show theme song performed by Harper and Eddie Vedder", I thought maybe they performed it live. That would be something.............

• Bine75Bine75 Germany Posts: 77
    No, it was only a recording...  
  • axellaire8axellaire8 Belgium Posts: 222
    What a great (hot) night!!! I'm still in it until now. Very good setlist, good energy, good seats (row17). Eddie's voice was sublim. The atmosphère was very different from the concert that I saw in Amsterdam in 2012 but was so good too. The man made the best song of all time for me with animal, PORCH. It was perfect. I loved so much the songs played with the quartet, it was magical. I almost cried on Song of good hope, very beautiful, touching and moving to hear and the complicity between Glen and Eddie was so good to see and hear. Thank you so much Eddie for this night, it's bring joy and happiness in this life that is not always. Thank you daddy for coming again with me like you always did from the beginning. I'm so lucky to have you near me

1996: Paris/2006: Paris/2007: Werchter/2010: Werchter/2012: Amsterdam 1 and Werchter/2014: Amsterdam 1&2 and Werchter/2018: Amsterdam 1&2 and Werchter/2022: Werchter and Amsterdam 2

EV: 2012: Amsterdam/2017: Antwerpen/2019: Bruxelles