Should 10c fans who get pre sale tickets get better seats than general sale?

dannydanny Posts: 2,269
Hi went to last night's show in London Hammersmith 6,6,17, Ed was amazing,got absolute shit tickets from 10c i know not everyone can have front row seats but when people have brought tickets off touts outside and are a lot closer its bloody annoying,
danny d

Comments

• 1awman1awman Posts: 41
    So I've just picked mine up for tonight fully expecting to be in a decent seat on a the floor but no. Turns out I'm up in the circle so I couldn't agree more. My understanding has always been that good seats were held for 10C members but seemingly not. What really gets me is the price on the ticket v price paid. I'll need to go back and look at exchange rates but it appears to being above face value for any old seat? Hopefully I'm wrong but very disappointed.

I get there are those that'll say 'you're lucky to get a ticket' or 'your expectations were wrong' but I can only agree with the OP.
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    its stated and understood that normal 10c Rules don't apply for Ed tickets.  in the building is all that's guaranteed.   
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    things are backwards in Europe
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    Tiki said:
    its stated and understood that normal 10c Rules don't apply for Ed tickets.  in the building is all that's guaranteed.   

Yeah, this has been the method for all of Ed's solo shows.  I can understand the disappointment though.
    My first experience with 10c ticketing in 2011, I couldn't have been farther away from EV in Providence RI...2nd balcony.   
    I sucked it up.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    It's really difficult for fan clubs/bands to get the good seats for their dedicated fans.
    It's​ a fight.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    The answer to the actual question posed by the OP is YES by the way. 
  • crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417
    No
  • FoxkinFoxkin Somerset UK Posts: 18
    Gotta say, I was a bit surprised to have paid over £100 per ticket through 10club when the ticket states £85 plus £1.25 booking fee. I checked with the box office and they said 10club add their own booking fee... £15 each?! Does this go to the Vitalogy Foundation? It would be nice to know (to be made clear) and I wouldn't mind so much if that's the case, but I was a bit peed off as it seems I may have got better seats for my money if I'd gone general sale. Don't get me wrong, it was an amazing show, truly, but it was a huge spend for me to be as far back as I was.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    Yes they should in a perfect world but I am sure that 10 Club tries for this with no luck. All the 10 club tickets give you is a good chance to get in the building without a fight with the bots. I got 10 club tickets for Italy and decided to try the general sale as well. I was lucky in the general sale with great seats and met a couple of great fans on this forum that I was able to sell by 10 club tickets too. 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Getting presale tickets to Ed solo shows wasn't a benefit when most of us signed up because Ed solo is still relatively new. The deal was always that we would get "the best seats in the house" for Pearl Jam shows and we do. Ed shows are kind of a bonus, and they are pretty clear that the seats will be spread around the venue. A few years ago I got better seats in Boston through a public sale than I did in Providence via 10C.

That said...I understand the disappointment.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • 1awman1awman Posts: 41
    I'm hearing it but actually I don't think it is made that clear. I maybe missed the seating policy in all the excitement but that's kinda my point.

Is the 10C booking fee clear either?

I totally get merch shipping fees from 10C but this additional just seems ridiculous and in my book almost touting. I'll drop 10C a mail later and try to get some clarification unless any of the mods can chip in now.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    1awman said:
    I'm hearing it but actually I don't think it is made that clear. I maybe missed the seating policy in all the excitement but that's kinda my point.

Is the 10C booking fee clear either?

I totally get merch shipping fees from 10C but this additional just seems ridiculous and in my book almost touting. I'll drop 10C a mail later and try to get some clarification unless any of the mods can chip in now.

This is from the announcement for the third Amsterdam show:

https://pearljam.com/ten-club/event/eddie-vedder-adds-third-amsterdam-show

Ten Club Ticket Locations:
     Seating assignments for EV solo shows are not seniority based. Seats are assigned at random and mixed in with the general public. Ten Club tickets are being held in the top price level of this venue, meaning the price level that is closest to the stage.  Tickets in all price levels, will be available through the public sale.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Have to say in London last night I was in the 5th row but had to buy from a website selling tickets on. Tonight I have fan club so was excited to see what I had and I am at the back. Does seem a bit unfair, but I am lucky I am here at all 
    London Nov 96, London May 00, Cardiff June 00, Las Vegas June 03, London April 06, Dublin Aug 06, Reading Aug 06, London June 07, New York x2 June 08, Manchester Aug 09, London August 09, London June 10, Manchester June 12, IOW June 12, EV London July 12, Milton Keynes June 14, EV London x2 June 17, London June 18, London July 18, EV London July 19
     My tickets were bad for Eddie Vedder in London England.     1st world problems  
  • WashedWashed Posts: 736
    edited June 2017
    I sat in the Circle (balcony) for last night's London show and thought the seats were wonderful. Great show.

However, my tickets were £85 tickets and I was charged for the top price level tickets, which were £95 tickets. If we are going to be sprinkled throughout the theater, shouldn't we be in the price range we actually paid for (or be refunded the difference if they can't seat us in the price range we paid)?
    Post edited by Washed on
    this city is so filthy, like my mind in ways
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    i dont think members should complain..
    we are members of pearl jam fan club tix..not eddie vedder fan club...
    eddie vedder 10c presale tix is a priveledge to the 10c fans to have a first shot before public sale..if tomorrow 10c stop selling tix for eddie shows,u cant complain about it..
    and 10c cant secure the best seats in the house,in small venues for solo shows..thats why u know already its mixed with general sales and not the first rows tix..
    also..thats the reason seniority doesnt matter,..,cos its eddie solo shows..eddie start tour solo from 2008..so a member of 2000 doesnt  have better seat from a 2003 fans,,cos there was no shows back then....cos statred 2008.
    .its a plus to get a shot before others..,thats all..a small priveledge..that doesnt have seniority..or best seats in the house..
    same should happen if other members do solo shows and 10c have a presale..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    i dont think members should complain..
    we are members of pearl jam fan club tix..not eddie vedder fan club...
    eddie vedder 10c presale tix is a priveledge to the 10c fans to have a first shot before public sale..if tomorrow 10c stop selling tix for eddie shows,u cant complain about it..
    and 10c cant secure the best seats in the house,in small venues for solo shows..thats why u know already its mixed with general sales and not the first rows tix..
    also..thats the reason seniority doesnt matter,..,cos its eddie solo shows..eddie start tour solo from 2008..so a member of 2000 doesnt  have better seat from a 2003 fans,,cos there was no shows back then....cos statred 2008.
    .its a plus to get a shot before others..,thats all..a small priveledge..that doesnt have seniority..or best seats in the house..
    same should happen if other members do solo shows and 10c have a presale..
    + a million
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,944
    I've only seen eddie solo once (Vancouver 2008) but it was similar.   I think the 10c seats were randomly scattered throughout the venue.   I don't know about this year, but on that tour it was in the presale notes, so while dissapointing, it wasn't shocker.   I also think that one wasn't seated by senoirity, random allocation... so it was all over of the place.

In the larger scale of things.  With tickets getting harder and harder to get for other bands, I've periodically joined a number of other fan clubs.   Most (if not all of them) don't get what 10c gets.  They get fewer tickets, and they aren't all the best seats, they're scattered around the venue).   I'm not sure how 10c still pulls it off for Pearl Jam shows, but it's amazing.  I guess whatever leverage they have doesn't work for the smaller eddie shows (and whatever ticketing agencies handle those tickets).
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,989
    For PJ - yes.  For EV - no.
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,989
    For PJ - yes.  For EV - no.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    I have been to 3 EV shows with 10c tix and had mixed results.  One time (1/2 of the Water on the Road DVD) I ended up in the 3rd row which was like a religious experience.  
    I do not care that they are random and I do not even have 10 club tickets this go around but it would be nice to see more decent seats in 10 clubbers hands then nose bleed seats. I admit that we only get a small sample size when people post there seat on facebook and here but still the bad seems to outweigh the good. I realize this is probably more of a venue problem then a 10 club issue though. That said everyone should have known what they were signing up for as the email and website were very clear. 
  • NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    My EV solo tix fro 10C have never been good, but as stated, they make it perfectly clear from the get go.  For PJ, the change to GA from floor seniority is a different story.  That is worthy or complaints, but no one cares.  There are people who arent in the fan club right now, who may be on the rail at the next 10C ticket based PJ show.  Thats worthy of whining, so I did ;) 
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Enjoy the show OP - that's worth discussing. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • gazgaz Posts: 233
    I obviously missed the small print! Might get lucky on Friday.....
    23/8/06.
    18/6/07.
    22/6/10.
    23/6/10.
    20/6/12
    21/6/12
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Noload said:
    My EV solo tix fro 10C have never been good, but as stated, they make it perfectly clear from the get go.  For PJ, the change to GA from floor seniority is a different story.  That is worthy or complaints, but no one cares.  There are people who arent in the fan club right now, who may be on the rail at the next 10C ticket based PJ show.  Thats worthy of whining, so I did ;) 
    I think it's fantastic to have people who aren't in the fan club on the rail.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    PJ_Soul said:
    Noload said:
    I think it's fantastic to have people who aren't in the fan club on the rail.
    Noted
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    You're seeing Eddie Vedder solo.  Is there really a bad seat in the house?
    You're seeing Eddie Vedder solo.  Is there really a bad seat in the house?
    I am not picky and am there for the music but ya I have seen plenty of bad seats with bad elevation in a lot of the venues.