Mike McCready on Dave A (audio)

Nice Guy Mike. Not often you hear the band talk about him (obviously), so this was nice. <3

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

Comments

• mrpink90mrpink90 Posts: 415
    mike is right. dave was a member during the most critical years of the band when alot of us became fans and was a GREAT drummer. he deserved to be inducted. 
  • mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,275
    3-2-1-CLOSED
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    edited June 2017
    I don't think this will get closed. it's not gossip, it's not bashing. it's fine. I for one was happy to hear Mike's take on it. it was refreshing. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• logan5ivelogan5ive Dallas, TX Posts: 452
    I don't think this will get closed. it's not gossip, it's not bashing. it's fine. I for one was happy to hear Mike's take on it. it was refreshing. 
    Agreed.
    1993 - Dallas
    1995 - Red Rocks I & II | Austin
    1998 - St Louis | Kansas City | Dallas | Raleigh | Atlanta | Birmingham | Greenville | Knoxville | Virginia Beach
    2000 - New Orleans | Memphis | Nashville | Noblesville | Cincinnati | Columbus | Houston I & II | Dallas | Las Vegas | LA | San Diego | San Bernardino | Sacramento | San Francisco
    2003 - OKC | San Antonio | Houston | Dallas | Little Rock | Camden I & II | MSG I & II
    2004 - Boston I & II | St Louis
    2005 - Gorge | Vancouver | Kitchener | London | Hamilton
    2006 - Las Vegas | Gorge I & II | Honolulu
    2008 - MSG I & II
    2009 - Seattle I & II | Vancouver | Portland | ACL | Philly I-IV
    2010 - Kansas City | St Louis
    2011 - PJ20 I & II
    2013 - Wrigley | Dallas | OKC
    2014 - ACL I | Tulsa | Moline | St Paul | Milwaukee | Denver
    2022 - OKC
    2023 - FW I & II | Austin I & II
    2024* - Seattle I & II
    [80*]
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Why would this get closed?
    Absolutely no reason to hide the past and facts.
    Everyone needs to stop playing moderator and either contribute or carry on.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,903
    Since it has already been explained why threads are closed I’m not sure if someones trying to be funny or what. Either way lets get this thread back on topic.
    Thank you.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    It sounds like Mike shares and is expressing the majority opinion: That Dave deserved to go in and should have gone in. For the most part that wasn't really in doubt. At least I never read or heard a credible case that he shouldn't have gone in. All the drama revolved around why he wasn't going in, why he wasn't coming to the ceremony, who was to blame, etc. Very little of it had to do with whether or not he deserved to go in.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • JT167846JT167846 Posts: 779
    He and Jack. Two albums and tours each. Jack was there and played on the jam at the end-seemed like he didn't give a toss about it as he was already in with the Chilis. Mike's always seemed like the most approachable. Seems like he'd have been the Kirk Hammett like mediator back in the day when things were crazy. A lot of groups need someone like that.
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018