Thanks to Kat, Sea, and the Ten Club Community

RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
edited June 2017 in The Porch
It's been a hectic and tragic couple of weeks since Chris' passing and this has been literally the only place on the internet that isn't swarming with gossip and nastiness. So thanks to everyone here for maintaining an overall respectful attitude and thanks especially to Kat and Sea for deleting and moderating things when need be. The Pearl Jam community sure is a wonderful one and I've never been more proud to be part of it.
Post edited by Sea on

Comments

• RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,360
    Here here.
  • THE LOOKTHE LOOK Posts: 324
    RiotZact said:
    It's been a hectic and tragic couple of weeks since Chris' passing and this has been literally the only place on the internet that isn't swarming with gossip and nastiness. So thanks to everyone here for maintaining an overall respectful attitude and thanks especially to Kat and Sea for deleting and moderating things when need be. The Pearl Jam community sure is a wonderful one and I've never been more proud to be part of it.
    Well said! I have been hanging out on the boards a lot lately, since Chris left us! It has been very therapeutic to read posts, watch tributes and share feelings! Even though it's through my phone and I don't know anyone on the board, it means a lot! I am grateful to the 10 Club, the band and everyone else who has shared the love!
    Bigfoot is blurry.
    - Mitch Hedberg
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    Right on.
  • Nice post OP.
    As a member who has been banned and in jail the work of the mods is insurmountable. A wave to all my friends in banned land reading this, it was good times we had.
  • LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    THE LOOK said:
    Well said! I have been hanging out on the boards a lot lately, since Chris left us! It has been very therapeutic to read posts, watch tributes and share feelings! Even though it's through my phone and I don't know anyone on the board, it means a lot! I am grateful to the 10 Club, the band and everyone else who has shared the love!
    That's funny, I got off FB partly because of all the negativity on there after Chris's death and I have been hanging out more here now. The moderators have been doing a great job. All the tributes and art have been lovely too. 
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    RS65573 said:
    Here here.

"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • KP_McMinnKP_McMinn West Philadelphia born and raised Posts: 748
    +1
  • Agree 100% w/ OP. Losing Chris Cornell has been so painful. Having this board and community has helped me enormously. Thanks to you all.
    "Goddamn Romans. Sure know how to make a ... drum room." --Matt Cameron
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,360
    I always say "I never win anything" so I don't play the lottery or anything. But in 1994, buying 200 post cards and mailing them to the 10Club and winning tickets to PJ in DC for Voters for Choice and it coming with this free membership, is truly, the best thing I've ever won or will ever win in my life, even if I won the lottery.

You truly can not be thanked enough for the experiences you have given me.
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    RiotZact said:
    Gotta wonder what Sea edited from the original post...  :pensive:

I do agree though.  Haven't posted much about Chris here but he's been in my head and heart, and many of the sentiments and experiences relayed by our little populace have brought much-needed warmth.  For that, I am thankful.
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    hedonist said:
    RiotZact said:

I do agree though.  Haven't posted much about Chris here but he's been in my head and heart, and many of the sentiments and experiences relayed by our little populace have brought much-needed warmth.  For that, I am thankful.
    I was wondering that myself, everything I remember writing is still there.
  • rw160510rw160510 Posts: 903
    hedonist said:
    RiotZact said:

This

• RiotZact said:
    hedonist said:
    RiotZact said:

I was wondering that myself, everything I remember writing is still there.
    Twas a typo in the thread title. It originally said "Thanks to Kay, Sea, and the Ten Club Community." I believe Sea corrected it to Kat.
  • KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,769
    edited June 2017
    hedonist said:
    RiotZact said:

Conspiracy Theories. There was a typo and she fixed it in the Subject line...that's all. :)

It's very difficult to go through something like this and the majority of people were and are very respectful with their remembrances and other thoughts they shared. Being here for each other helps a lot. Have a good weekend, everyone and if you're going to a show, have a great time. Thank you and big hugs and big love to you all. 
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Kat said:
    hedonist said:
    RiotZact said:

Conspiracy Theories. There was a typo and she fixed it in the Subject line...that's all. :)

It's very difficult to go through something like this and the majority of people were and are very respectful with their remembrances and other thoughts they shared. Being here for each other helps a lot. Have a good weekend, everyone and if you're going to a show, have a great time. Thank you and big hugs and big love to you all. 
    Thanks, Kay =)
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    Ha, my bad Kat. 
  • KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,769
    Haha, you saw it then, Hedo. That was it. And no worries, Riot...thank you for the nice words. :)

Falling down,...not staying down
  • AO253126AO253126 Posts: 363
    edited June 2017
    RiotZact said:
    Well said, OP and thank you to Kat, Sea and the community from me as well.

I tried reading a few replies to twitter posts from some people the other day and had to stop. How people can be so callous at a time like this (or any time, really) is beyond comprehension. It's been great to have this place to come where we can be open, honest and respectful in sharing memories and tributes. I know it has helped me tremendously.
    Post edited by Kat on
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Complaints are many and thanks are so few. We need to reverse that trend. Thank you for reminding us to show appreciation, particularly where it is often forgotten.  :hug:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,203
    Thank you.
  • UnthoughtNameUnthoughtName Posts: 192
    edited June 2017
    You know, I avoided the forums altogether, but coming back and seeing this, it's nice to see that people were conducting themselves in a proper manner during this really shitty time.
    Post edited by UnthoughtName on
    Settings > Signature Settings > Hide Signatures Always
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Nice post, RiotZact!

This is an unusually fine forum.   Great fans, all of you.  Great job mods.  Thanks everyone for making it so.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 2,848
    How freaking cool and miserable yet mind blown at times must their job be? To have to decipher through conversations from people all over the world in one place, that has to be pretty bad ass, funny, strange and exhausting. I hope every once in awhile they all get together as a staff for drinks and go WTF......  How great are these PJ fans!!!!
    1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby