Rani Kumar-viola
Jonas Pap-Cello

Intro Music: Tuolumne
01. Long Road
02. Picture In A Frame-(Brennan/Waits)
03. Dead Man
04. I Am Mine
05. Around The Bend
06. You've Got To Hide Your Love Away-(Lennon, McCartney)
07. Sleeping By Myself (partial version-Ed forgets some lyrics etc. so moves on)
08. Can’t Keep
09. Love Boat Captain
10. Good Woman-(Marshall)
11. No Ceiling (played on banjo)
12. Not For You (played on acoustic guitar)
13. Far Behind
14. Guaranteed
15. Masters Of War-(Dylan)
16. Immortality
17. I Am A Patriot-(Van Zandt) {changes lyric from “walking with my sister” to “walking with my boyfriend”}
18. Crazy Mary-(Williams) with some “All Along The Watchtower” Chords and “Two Riders Were Approaching lyric.  very short.  20 seconds.  Played on electric guitar
19. Porch

(Ed does not take an encore break.  He remains on stage.  Comments about how he would normally go off but everyone knows he is coming back.  He also discusses his mental and emotional state with the recent very difficult times.  He thanks family, friends and fans for helping get through it.)

20. I’m So Tired-(Fugazi)
21. I Won't Back Down-(Lynne, Petty)

Red Limo String Quartet enters the stage
22. Satellite
23. Lukin (fast)
24. Falling Slowly-(Hansard, Irglová) With Glen Hansard {Glen sings lead and plays guitar.  Ed sings harmony and lead on bridge}
Red Limo String Quartet exits the stage

25. Society-(Hannan) with Glen Hansard
26. Rockin’ In The Free World-(Young) with Glen Hansard
27. Hard Sun-(Peterson) with Glen Hansard.  Red Limo String Quartet joins singing back up and playing tamborine

Glen on stage at 7:30
Glen Hansard Set List
01. Say It To Me Now
02. My Little Ruin
03. Your Heart’s Not In It Babe
04. Wheel’s On Fire
05. American Townland-(cover of Irish band Interference)
06. This Gift w/ Charlotte (?)
07. {Glen has a friend in the audience come up and sing a song.  He and the song are Portuguese.  The friend is named Walter?}

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.
Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates.
Thank you!

Thanks John for the set list & notes.
Tagged:

Comments

• PJKnopfPJKnopf Posts: 50
    Awesome show again and totally different from night 2 (and probably night 1, which I didn't attend).
    This time it felt more like a rock concert, Not for you, Lukin, Crazy Mary with an All along the watchtower tag (Holy sh..) just to name a few.
    Less talking about sad things and more funny stuff. The gym story was great and good to see Ed and Glen laughing off befoe the encores.

Rock im Park 2000 - Arnhem 2006 - Duesseldorf 2007 - Rotterdam 2009 - Amsterdam 2012 - Amsterdam 2014 - Berlin 2014 - Amsterdam 2017 (EV Solo) - Amsterdam 2018 - Berlin 2018 - Amsterdam 2019 (EV Solo) - Duesseldorf 2019 (EV Solo) - Berlin 2022 - Frankfurt 2022 - Amsterdam 2022
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    just wow!!
    thanks Sea
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Seb77Seb77 Amsterdam Posts: 77
    Powerful. Uplifting. Great.

First Eddie solo for me, incredible experience. Was hard to stay in seat in mid concert... Masters of war was amazing. Love boat captain- wow.  Fumbled sleeping by myself - but who's counting? Ed spoke about his 8 days in Amsterdam and the hard times he's going through, thanked the crowd for pulling him through. Ed off stage 23:10. Fantastic night!
    Nijmegen 2007 Rotterdam 2009 Philadelphia 4 2009 Nijmegen 2010 Berlin 2010 Amsterdam 1&2 2012 Arras 2012 Amsterdam 1&2 2014
    Amsterdam 1&2 Pinkpop Berlin 2018
  • Electro_UKElectro_UK Posts: 119
    Incredible show tonight. Was there Saturday but skipped Monday so was really encouraging to see Ed in much higher spirits. I guess the first show after losing Chris was always going to be the hardest.

The atmosphere was very 'yeah, whatever, fuck it' in a great way. Funny seeing some big fucking ups (he just tossed his uke to the side after struggling to remember the end to Sleeping By Myself).

Ed was up against a wall thinking about how to keep things interesting for the crowd that had been there all three nights and he went spectacularly crazy. Not For You was insane, Around The Bend and Love Boat Captain we're unexpected treats, setlist staples like Guaranteed and Falling Slowly were just as magical as ever.

I mean Masters of War, Patriot and Crazy Mary almost back to back. That's him pulling out all the stops.
    "Hey Eddie, great show-- fuck you!"
    PJ - London 25/6/10, Manchester 20/6/12 + 21/6/12, Isle of Wight 23/6/12, Seattle 6/12/13, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14, Boston 5/8/16 + 7/8/16
    Ed - London 31/7/12, Amsterdam 27/5/17 + 30/5/17, London 6/6/17 + 7/6/17
  • SJD3232SJD3232 Posts: 2,200
    Wow.  I think I would have gotten up and walked out after he played Not For You.
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,839
    Two words...pure stoke! 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    edited May 2017
    I'm really hoping that these setlists are becoming the norm and aren't just a product of playing 3 nights in the same city. Crazy awesome set.
  • no codeno code Posts: 109
    What a night, what a setlist. I agree. It was totally different from the show on monday. So many great songs played. I thought he wasn't gonna be able to top the setlist of night 2, but he did. At least from my point of view. I mean, Dead Man, Crazy Mary, Not For You, Throw Your Arms. Around The Bend was pure magic, and my personal highlight.

He messed up quite a few things on all three nights, but made up for it in the best way ever. Just playing his heart out. He's obviously in a roller coaster of emotions, and spoke about this last night too. The healing will take a long time, but it has started, and it started here.

So proud to have been a part of these shows. And so proud of the PJ community.

Cheers to all.
    No matter how cold the winter, there's a springtime ahead...
  • Reno1979Reno1979 Posts: 91
    This was my fourth EV solo show.. First since Santa Barbara a few years ago.  Really strange night.  Ed mentioned trying to find songs to play that he hadn't played the first two nights, and he wished he had practiced some of them at 4pm.  I don't mind the missed chords or forgotten lyrics or thrown aside uke... It's all sort of refreshing after seeing other major acts recently who play the same set over and over and tell the same stories/jokes over and over... Ed being so unrehearsed just feels... real.  

He beat the hell out of the acoustics... I am not sure I have ever seen someone strum so hard... He was double strumming parts and it seemed to throw his timing off here and there... I don't recall much of that from past EV shows.... Lots of emotion up on that stage.

His self deprecating humor and dead pan comments to make fun of yelling audience members was certainly Letterman-esque.  

He had the crew bring him lyrics/chords for Crazy Mary... Gotta give him kudos for trying... 

As we walked to the train after, my wife looked at me and said "Well?" The first words out of my mouth were... "Really strange, Really glad I saw that one."  

• Reno1979Reno1979 Posts: 91
    Oh yeah... and quote of the night... as the crowd finishes singing with Ed.... "Wow, It's like church......  but good." 
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,122
    11. No Ceiling (played on banjo) & 18. Crazy Mary-(Williams) with some “All Along The Watchtower” Chords and “Two Riders Were Approaching lyric.  very short.  20 seconds.  Played on electric guitar :smiley::rock_on:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • FeiracoFeiraco Amsterdam Posts: 255
    Exceptional concert! Eddie really looked like figuring out at the spot what to play next, and he very probably did pick up some advice of the crowd. He messed up several times as he did on Monday (I wasn't there on Saturday), but that made it look even more raw. A human being going from highs to lows and vice verse within two hours. I was blessed to sit at the front. At the end, the front rows were allowed to approach the stage and I stood within a few feet. He took a little boy (Casper) on stage, gave him a white coat, and he sang along the last lines of Hard Sun.
    Rotterdam 2000 (CANCELLED) | Arnhem 2006 | Rotterdam 2009 | Berlin 2009 | Arras 2010 | Amsterdam-1 2012 | Amsterdam-2 2012 | EV Amsterdam-1 2012 | EV Amsterdam-2 2012 | Amsterdam-1 2014 | Amsterdam-2 2014 | EV Amsterdam-2 2017 | EV Amsterdam-3 2017
  • PB85201PB85201 Posts: 2
    Wow! Great setlist!!! Not for you, LBC, Masters of war and Crazy Mary, and so on!
    Amazing show! Glenn and the string quartet were great as well! Really hope this will be available as a bootleg! Does anyone know if Ed's solo shows are recorded? Really hope so!
  • AJMAJM Posts: 26
    That was an very good evening, complete different show then monday which was also awesome! Yesterday I really got some Beneroya gig vibes with Crazy Mary and Masters of War, when he played dead man I was stoked such a great song with the deep electric guitar sound, I remembering playing that song over and over again on a PJ dvd. Not for you I was going bananaa's I had just the same power as it where playing it with the whole band. The story about the hotel was great "I think I can really take this guy!"
    I am still buzzing from 2 nights!, Thank you Eddie and see you in Antwerp!
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    for people who have seen ed in the usa, was the crowd a lot more respectful?  Lots of hecklers?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • ArmageddonArmageddon Posts: 13
    After a rough start with more mistakes than Ed could handle himself,  somehow all changed to great shape of one of the greatest of my time.  Loved love boat, masters of war, falling slowly and basically all after the appr. 10 songs start up.
    not for you was special and I think sattelite is a classic.

shared more About the though descission to cancel / not.

also very much appreciated: no mobiles!
  • youknowrobbyyouknowrobby Posts: 120
    mcgruff10 said:
    for people who have seen ed in the usa, was the crowd a lot more respectful?  Lots of hecklers?
    Yep, I was at Milw 2007 and the hecklers were brutal.  All in all, a super show, but Ed's body language was noticeable.  
    92- Austin
    92- Houston
    95- Austin
    00- Paris
    00- Houston
    03- San Antonio
    06- Milwaukee-Summerfest w/ Tom Petty
    07- Lollapalooza - Chicago
    08- EV-Solo - Milwaukee
    09- Chicago
    10- Indy
    11- PJ 20
    14- Milw
    16- Wrigley 2
    18- Wrigley 1
    23- Chicago 2
  • rerohareroha Posts: 2
    mcgruff10 said:
    I saw him at Ohana in Dana Point last year and there were certainly NO hecklers...why were there in amsterdam? he messed up here and there but he's a HUMAN you know?  i think it just gave everyone a chuckle at most or we helped him with the words
  • rdraerrdraer Posts: 3
    What a wonderfull night. My 9 year old son Casper has been a Pearl Jam fan for quite a while. He keeps asking me when Pearl Jam will visit the Netherlands, so he can go and see the concert. Then Eddies solo tour was announced and I asked him if he would like to go. Of course he said. Little did he know that it would be a night he would never forget. After a great concert of both Glen Hansard and Eddie, Casper was the little guy that was brought onto the stage by Eddie to sing Hard Sun with them.

A truly memorable night for both Casper and me!

• slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,740
    rdraer said:
    What a wonderfull night. My 9 year old son Casper has been a Pearl Jam fan for quite a while. He keeps asking me when Pearl Jam will visit the Netherlands, so he can go and see the concert. Then Eddies solo tour was announced and I asked him if he would like to go. Of course he said. Little did he know that it would be a night he would never forget. After a great concert of both Glen Hansard and Eddie, Casper was the little guy that was brought onto the stage by Eddie to sing Hard Sun with them.

A truly memorable night for both Casper and me!

Awesome!
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • rdraerrdraer Posts: 3
    Here's the video of Casper and Eddie...

https://youtu.be/GqxrCt-EbOY
  • pljampljam Posts: 387
    How did NOT FOR YOU go as an acoustic,if a few people who attended the show could  give a verdict,love the song and i am guessing an acoustic spin would be awesome?
    Thanks in advance 
  • no codeno code Posts: 109
    Not For You was awesome as an acoustic version. Really had all the power the song needs. 
    No matter how cold the winter, there's a springtime ahead...
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    rdraer said:

That is so cool! Casper is a lucky guy, that's a memory to treasure for sure :)
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,122
    Way to go Casper! :smile: Eddie is the man! :peace:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • RideRickRideRick Hoorn Posts: 703
    rdraer said:

Just awesome. 

I visites the sow on saturday. 
    It was the most intense way of honouring Chris and Manchester. 
    But I think I should have visited the last show too just to leave with a happy feeling. 
    But this video made me smile a lot. 
    Great for the kid and al who love him. 
    Cheers. 

| Pinkpop 1992 *BEST EVER | Rotterdam 1993 | Amsterdam 1996 | Pinkpop 2000 | Arnhem 2006 | Nijmegen 2007 | Rotterdam 2009 | Nijmegen 2010 | Amsterdam I + II 2012 ** | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2012 First European Concert *EPIC*| Amsterdam I + II 2014 | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2016 night I  | Amsterdam I + II 2018 | Amsterdam I -> Canceled  +  II 2022 *EPIC
  • PJForceofNaturePJForceofNature Posts: 3,087
    rdraer said:

How wonderful! So happy for Casper and all the family! :)
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • PB85201PB85201 Posts: 2
    Wow Casper!!! 'Stay away from my daughter!'  ;)
    At pljam: Not for you was awesome!!! I really really really hope for an official bootleg!!!  =)
    I'm still in an awe!
  • PJKnopfPJKnopf Posts: 50
    Sea said:
    Eddie Vedder
    AFAS Live
    Amsterdam, NL
    May 30, 2017
    Set List

Ed Onstage- 8:52
    Ed Offstage 11:

...just for the statistics: Ed offstage: 11:07 p.m.

I'm also still in a special mode, I always have these two shows I attended in mind, cannot think about much else at the moment...

Rock im Park 2000 - Arnhem 2006 - Duesseldorf 2007 - Rotterdam 2009 - Amsterdam 2012 - Amsterdam 2014 - Berlin 2014 - Amsterdam 2017 (EV Solo) - Amsterdam 2018 - Berlin 2018 - Amsterdam 2019 (EV Solo) - Duesseldorf 2019 (EV Solo) - Berlin 2022 - Frankfurt 2022 - Amsterdam 2022
  • NinetytworulesNinetytworules Boston Posts: 454
    After seeing all the set lists for the tour I think this one was the best! I went to night 2 as well but for me this was the rocked!