Twin Peaks......It is Happening Again

Comments

• 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,378
    igotid88 said:

R.I.P. Miguel Ferrer

RIP..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,551
    Great
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,648
    this was pretty much me when i watched it
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjDa-_Vq51I
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly

this was pretty much me when i watched it
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjDa-_Vq51I

lol!!!!!!!
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,039
    R.I.P. Warren Frost
    I miss igotid88
    Twin Peaks day
    I miss igotid88
    May 21 to Sept 3
    I miss igotid88
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    edited April 2017
    me and my wife just finished the originals. season 1 was amazing - season 2 took us 5 months to finish. the final episode was one of the craziest things I've ever watched -- and left so many unanswered questions.
    will check it out on showtime (that's why we watched the original series), but prob won't last long if it's similar to season 2
    great casting though -- audrey horne. wow
    Post edited by The Fixer on
    edited April 2017
    They're only doing 18 more episodes
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    igotid88 said:

They're only doing 18 more episodes

that's a lot. first season was only 8 and it was perfect. then we slugged through 22 more for season 2. took us forever

I'm intrigued by the new season, esp since it's showtime.
    They were originally going to air 9 this year and 9 next.
    I miss igotid88
  • PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    I saw this YouTube ad this morning... And loved it.

https://youtu.be/vlECLI34eCg

Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,552
    My favorite view of San Francisco (with Oakland/Berkeley/Albany in the distance) is from Twin Peaks at night:

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    edited May 2017
    Anybody else watch this? Just as weird as I remember. Not really sure what is going on yet, but at least they released the first 4 parts on their streaming app.
    Post edited by WhatYouTaughtMe on
    Anybody else watch this? Just as weird as I remember. Not really sure what is going on yet, but at least they released the first 4 parts on their streaming app.
    Can wait for tonight!!!!
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,199
    The lack of the quirky music throughout made the attempts at comedy miss by a mile.  Glad it's back though and I'm excited to see where things go.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,415
    Let's just say I'm glad I didn't re-up my Showtime subscription.  Whatever the hell I watched last night, I have no desire to continue watching.  Just a bunch of weird for the sake of being weird.
    Let's just say I'm glad I didn't re-up my Showtime subscription.  Whatever the hell I watched last night, I have no desire to continue watching.  Just a bunch of weird for the sake of being weird.
    Some people don't get it, and that's the beauty of it.
    I fucking HATE when people say this.
    Your statement of "just a bunch of weird for the sake of being weird" makes it clear you fall in the don't get it category. That is the beauty of David Lynch and his art.
    Your statement of "just a bunch of weird for the sake of being weird" makes it clear you fall in the don't get it category. That is the beauty of David Lynch and his art.
    Or you could just stop trying to insult someone's intelligence.

Or you could just stop trying to insult someone's intelligence.

Sorry if I hurt your feelings.  Artwork is subjective, even television.  
    Wasn't implying you weren't intelligent enough to understand.  
    No intelligence needed, only a certain mindset.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,931
    I never watched the original series.  I remember trying to but I just didn't get into it.

Showtime started airing the old episodes recently and I tuned in to bits and pieces.  The parts I saw were fairly interesting.

I don't know what I watched last night.  Fucking weird.  I'll stick with it but I'm not sure I get it.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    No hurt feelings, my friend, no worries.  I just can't stand the whole "you didn't get it" rebuttal.  Always comes off as condescending.
  • erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170
    What a head trip the first couple of episodes were! Episodes 1-4 are available on demand through Showtime. We'd just cancelled our service a few months ago, but luckily we're getting a free preview this week! I may just buy the episodes individually, to stay caught up. 
    "It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014 
  • marcosmarcos Posts: 2,111
    I feel that David Lynch is an artist first and filmmaker second if there were to ever be distinction.  He attended the Pennsylvania Fine Arts Academy here in Philadelphia and lived across the street from the city morgue as a student in the industrial and dilapidated section of the city.  The Academy honored him and all of his artistic mediums a few years ago.  He provided a lecture / speaking engagement which I attended and he spoke at length about how important art, no matter the medium, was of the highest importance to him.  http://www.pafa.org/davidlynch

I loved last nights episode and the supposed 2 hours flew as I have been a long time admirer of all his work, but get it was very weird I suppose.  The weirdness is there because it's the purity of his vision.  It will all make sense at the end as all of his work has in the past.  I always provide him the benefit of the doubt/weird because he is so dedicated to the art.
  • NSLNSL Nashville, TN Posts: 291
    I never watched the original series.  I remember trying to but I just didn't get into it.

Showtime started airing the old episodes recently and I tuned in to bits and pieces.  The parts I saw were fairly interesting.

I don't know what I watched last night.  Fucking weird.  I'll stick with it but I'm not sure I get it.
    You aren't going to have any clue who people are or what is going on if you only saw parts of the show
    2004-10-06 - Asheville, NC
    2013-10-30 - Charlotte, NC
    2016-04-16 - Greenville, SC
    2016-04-20 - Raleigh, NC
    2016-04-21 - Columbia, SC
    2016-05-01 - New York, NY
    2022-09-16 - Nashville, TN
    2022-09-17 - Louisville, KY
    2023-09-10 - Noblesville, IN
    2023-09-13 - Fort Worth, TX
    2023-09-15 - Fort Worth, TX
    marcos said:
    I feel that David Lynch is an artist first and filmmaker second if there were to ever be distinction.  He attended the Pennsylvania Fine Arts Academy here in Philadelphia and lived across the street from the city morgue as a student in the industrial and dilapidated section of the city.  The Academy honored him and all of his artistic mediums a few years ago.  He provided a lecture / speaking engagement which I attended and he spoke at length about how important art, no matter the medium, was of the highest importance to him.  http://www.pafa.org/davidlynch

I loved last nights episode and the supposed 2 hours flew as I have been a long time admirer of all his work, but get it was very weird I suppose.  The weirdness is there because it's the purity of his vision.  It will all make sense at the end as all of his work has in the past.  I always provide him the benefit of the doubt/weird because he is so dedicated to the art.
    I rewatched part 1 and 2 today. It was even more weird and glorious the second time around.  So, so glad this show is back.