Band of Horses

2»

Comments

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    Washed said:
    derbydave said:

Wondering if Ben's involvement in the BNQT project may have brought about this shake up?!?

I doubt it - he did the "Sing into my mouth" album and tour with Sam Beam a few years back. Bill has his own projects, Tyler has done a solo thing, Ryan has done his own solo thing. They are a bit like PJ in that they do occasionally break off and do something different.
    I thought the same thing at first but highly unlikely.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    edited May 2017

This makes me sad. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    They just announced a new date in September, sooo it appears they're continuing on. Let's be honest here, it's Ben's band at this point. I like them all but he's the one behind it all.
    Just added to a local festival in late September here in Columbia, MO. Hopefully not breaking up. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    They just announced a new date in September, sooo it appears they're continuing on. Let's be honest here, it's Ben's band at this point. I like them all but he's the one behind it all.
    Just added to a local festival in late September here in Columbia, MO. Hopefully not breaking up. 
    I'm hoping to hit that up. Ryan Adams will be there as well. 
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    I'm hoping to hit that up. Ryan Adams will be there as well. 
    Might be there as well!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    MMJ lost 2 members at the same time and have done just fine, so who knows what will happen. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,817
    It seems that they are out there touring and playing these shows with no mention, at least publicly, of losing 2 members. Seems odd to me. Anyone see them recently? Do they mention anything at the shows?
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022
    pjpitt89 said:
    It seems that they are out there touring and playing these shows with no mention, at least publicly, of losing 2 members. Seems odd to me. Anyone see them recently? Do they mention anything at the shows?
    Who is filling in on bass? Probably don't need another guitarist since Ryan can play.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    pjpitt89 said:
    Who is filling in on bass? Probably don't need another guitarist since Ryan can play.
    Matt Gentling is the new bass player...He played with Ben on his solo "Birdsmell" tour a few years ago...
    Richie Kirkpatrick has taken Tyler's place on guitar.
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

derbydave said:
    pjpitt89 said:
    Matt Gentling is the new bass player...He played with Ben on his solo "Birdsmell" tour a few years ago...
    Richie Kirkpatrick has taken Tyler's place on guitar.
    Ah thank you sir! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    Saw them last week in L.A., and they sounded good. I'm more of a casual fan, so I wouldn't notice any subtle differences in sound with the lineup change. They all seemed happy to be playing together, though.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited July 2019
    Seeing them later today at a free show here in town. Excited. Saw them last in 2010 opening up for Foo Fighters.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    They were good when I saw them. 2 left the band right after that, and I can't recall if my ticket buddy (a big fan) has seen them since. I wouldn't hesitate to see them again. I think you'll have a great time! 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
    edited July 2019
    Nice seeing a band having fun on stage!

Ben couldn't keep his strings on the guitar though. They broke of in atleast two songs. And had to tune his guitar while singing in two. Maybe it's part of their lose nature. Don't remember that from last time.

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258

Ben couldn't keep his strings on the guitar though. They broke of in atleast two songs. And had to tune his guitar while singing in two. Maybe it's part of their lose nature. Don't remember that from last time.

Ha nice I love their music I’ve seen them a few times was hoping they would come around here closer to me this summer, no shows though 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,972

Did they play any new songs?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    LukinFan said:

It looks like they are playing a couple of relatively new & unreleased songs...
    Lights and Hard Times.
    Lights was first played at The Roxy in Atlanta back in December of 2017 & it's only been performed 9 times
    Hard Times is the newest song & it's debut was at the Aztec Theatre in San Antonio in February of this year...
    they've only played that one 7 times so far!!
    These stats are from setlist.fm...so not super accurate, but pretty close!

'96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

LukinFan said:

I would think playing a "free" show at amusement park as "evening entertainment" is like halfway between a concert and a company gig. No setlist up on setlist.fm... but I only remember hearing one song I had not heard before.