Of Potato heads and Polaroids

Comments

• tschavtschav Posts: 2,759
    smital said:

Anyone think that the book will be shipped and delivered to NYC in time for the June 7th event. If it isn't actually sent before May 30th I wonder if I would have it in time for the event or if they would have additional copies to purchase at said event.

They'd have to have copies at the event. Not sure if a deluxe edition would be there, but they wouldn't do a book signing without... books. :)
  • smitalsmital Posts: 187
    tschav said:

They'd have to have copies at the event. Not sure if a deluxe edition would be there, but they wouldn't do a book signing without... books. :)

Yeah I should have specified I was referring to the deluxe edition... would be a shame to not have it in time to get it personalized and would kinda dislike it if I have to buy a second one just because the first didn't arrive!
  • joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,203
    When is it suppose to ship for those who preordered?
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    joseph33 said:

When is it suppose to ship for those who preordered?

No word yet. I hope many day's before the street date.
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,275
    I asked 10c this was what I got back.

Shipping
    Shipping (Ten Club)
    Apr 24, 2:11 PM PDT

I don't know when it will ship or be delivered.
    I can't say as to which would be better.
    Thanks
    10c

Sprunkn7
    Sprunkn7
    Apr 24, 6:20 AM PDT

I plan on going to NYC for Mikes book promotion. Is it better if I pre-order the book or buy it the day of?

Thanks for any info!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • ski-bumski-bum Boston Posts: 1,010
    Sprunkn7 said:

Shipping
    Shipping (Ten Club)

Thanks
    10c

Sprunkn7
    Sprunkn7

I plan on going to NYC for Mikes book promotion. Is it better if I pre-order the book or buy it the day of?

Thanks for any info!

Well it's April 25th and mine still says "WAITING".
    9/15/98 - Great Woods................9/29/04 - Fleet Center.....................8/02/08 - Opera House (EV)............10/16/13 - DCU Center
    8/29/00 - Tweeter Center............5/24/06 - Banknorth Garden............5/17/10 - Banknorth Garden.............08/05/16 - Fenway Park
    7/11/03 - Tweeter Center............5/25/06 - Banknorth Garden............6/16/11 - Wang Theatre (EV)............08/07/16 - Fenway Park
    9/28/04 - Fleet Center................6/30/08 - Tweeter Center
  • arakiasarakias Posts: 281
    Mike's NYC event is likely at the Strand. You can preorder signed regular editions on their site now: http://www.strandbooks.com/pre-order-signed/of-potato-heads-and-polaroids-my-life-inside-and-out-of-pearl-jam
    arakias said:

Mike's NYC event is likely at the Strand. You can preorder signed regular editions on their site now: http://www.strandbooks.com/pre-order-signed/of-potato-heads-and-polaroids-my-life-inside-and-out-of-pearl-jam

Sweet!

• tschavtschav Posts: 2,759
    edited April 2017
    arakias said:

Awesome. Grabbed a ticket to The Daily Show taping that day, hoping I don't have to skip one event to do the other.
    Post edited by tschav on
    I'm hoping for a personalized version :-)
  • a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,834
    tschav said:

arakias said:

Awesome. Grabbed a ticket to The Daily Show taping that day, hoping I don't have to skip one event to do the other.
    That is awesome, I've always wanted to go to one of them, but NYC is not for me :)
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• danimal59danimal59 Rhode Island Posts: 65
    Hi Everyone,

I may not be fully understanding what everyone means about pre-order and having book for event so I apologize if my post is off the mark, but your comments caught my interest because I purchased the deluxe version from 10cc. Also, don't take my posting as 'officially' what is going to happen-but, I called the Strand. as I wanted to make sure I understood what this means on their site: 'SIGNED COPIES AVAILABLE 06/08 LOCATION: EVENT - SIGNED COPY, NO ADMISSION'. The person I spoke said typically what this means is that you to to get into the store for the signing, you have to purchase the book as admission or possibly a ticket. I thought that I would pass along in case it is helpful to others as i haven't been to a book signing like this before. In terms of pre-order from Strand, I am thinking it may be best to just buy onsite there.

Thanks,

Dan
    ski-bum said:

Sprunkn7 said:

Shipping
    Shipping (Ten Club)

Thanks
    10c

Sprunkn7
    Sprunkn7

Thanks for any info!

Well it's April 25th and mine still says "WAITING".
    smital said:

Anyone think that the book will be shipped and delivered to NYC in time for the June 7th event. If it isn't actually sent before May 30th I wonder if I would have it in time for the event or if they would have additional copies to purchase at said event.

smital said:

smital said:

2016.08.07 - Boston, MA Fenway Park
    2016.05.02 - NYC, Madison Square Garden
    2015.09.26 - NYC, Central Park, Global Citizen Festival
    2014.10.17 - Detroit, MI, Joe Louis Arena
    2010.05.17 - Boston, MA, TD Garden
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,148
    I miss igotid88
  • YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    edited April 2017
    There's another event at The Strand from 7-8 pm on June 7. I hope that means the Mike McCready signing is earlier in the day. I have a ticket to see Iron Maiden and Ghost in Newark that night.
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,956
    Yefa said:

There's another event at The Strand from 7-8 pm on June 7. I hope that means the Mike McCready signing is earlier in the day. I have a ticket to see Iron Maiden and Ghost in Newark that night.

I'm in the same position as you! I think I would choose Mike over Maiden though...sorry Bruce.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.

Yefa said:

I'm in the same position as you! I think I would choose Mike over Maiden though...sorry Bruce.
    I'm definitely going to the Mike book signing. If there is a conflict on June 7, I plan to sell my Newark Iron Maiden ticket and buy one to see the tour in Brooklyn in July.
    - Al Swearengen

• jazzbo26jazzbo26 Framingham, MA Posts: 674
    I feel like Mike would schedule his signing early because he's going to go see Maiden as well!
    jazzbo26 said:

I feel like Mike would schedule his signing early because he's going to go see Maiden as well!

Yep. Book signing in the morning then Maiden @ night. Maybe he'll come out & play Killers w/ Maiden on stage!!!!!!
    I wish! That would be something to see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlGIFNS3Idc
    Is anyone going to NYC? Looks like I'll be going solo...boo :angry:
    @PearlJamOnLine

RT @powerhousebooks Sneak peek inside 'Of Potato Heads and Polaroids: My Life Inside and Out of @PearlJam' by @MikeMcCreadyPJ, 5/30/17

• pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,664
    SSprunkn7 said:
    Sprunkn7 said:
    Wish i could come along - would love to get one personalised to me. Have a great time
  • angry_skullangry_skull Posts: 321
    I wonder how many of you will be "famous" in those crowd pics.
    jazzbo26 said:
    That is a good point.  I hope you're right.
    - Al Swearengen

Has anyone heard when the signing will be on June 7?  It is still not listed on the Strand website even though later signings are already listed in their upcoming events section.
    - Al Swearengen

edited May 2017

Pearl Jam’s Mike McCready Discusses His New Book of Polaroids

https://www.format.com/magazine/features/photography/mike-mccready-pearl-jam-photography-interview

• JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,874
    demetrios said:
    Great article!  Thanks for sharing
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,203
    Anybody have an idea when the book will ship? My card hasn't been charged yet.
    joseph33 said:
    Anybody have an idea when the book will ship? My card hasn't been charged yet.
    Probably Friday May 26th. Just a guess.
    Tuesday May 30th KEXP Facebook Live Stream Event & art show happening .. @ KEXP
    It's free but you gotta RSVP ASAP!!