Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,379

Can't find a Letterman

You win :smiley:
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Walking the milesWalking the miles Toronto Posts: 548
    Smellyman said:

Dave Letterman - "If I had this man's voice you could all kiss my ass." Mumbling the last word.

Ha, I remember that show. I thought that was a great comment by Dave. He is so good at getting a point across, and yet be entertaining at the same time. He also can be very poignant when he wants to be. A great story teller. I hope Neil gets better soon.
    "Feel the path of everyday....which road you taking?"

Barrie, ON '98
    Toronto, ON '00/'03/'06/'09/'11/'16(x2)
    Hamilton, ON '05/'11
    Newark, NJ '10
    London, ON '13
    Buffalo, NY '13
    Detroit, MI '14
    Ottawa, ON '16
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    I heard Neil has a stomach ache.........
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Shake his hand, he's Letterman
    Bake some bread, he's Letterman
  • I don't know, it's admirable that ppl are spinning this positively because honestly what can u do but Letterman? I like him but to induct the boys? He's a fan, great, and they were on his show a bunch, but so many other better choices: Cornell, Harper, JJames, Petty, Bruce. How about someone they inspired or they were inspired by. The novelty of Letterman is ok since basically he's been a recluse since retirement. But not really excited by it. A musician would have been a better choice in order to reinforce their musical impact as opposed to their cultural impact, which even naysayers can't deny. In the grand scheme it doesn't matter, but just strange
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175

I don't know, it's admirable that ppl are spinning this positively because honestly what can u do but Letterman? I like him but to induct the boys? He's a fan, great, and they were on his show a bunch, but so many other better choices: Cornell, Harper, JJames, Petty, Bruce. How about someone they inspired or they were inspired by. The novelty of Letterman is ok since basically he's been a recluse since retirement. But not really excited by it. A musician would have been a better choice in order to reinforce their musical impact as opposed to their cultural impact, which even naysayers can't deny. In the grand scheme it doesn't matter, but just strange

From the outside it looks like they were very desperate to find someone this late in the game. if I was going I would be extremely disappointed that Neil wasn't able to be there. but I am a huge fan. really hope nothing serious is going on with Mr. Young.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    Neil was all "No Dave A? I'm out bitches"
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    really hope that Neil is ok.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,144
    It doesn't have to be musicians to induct.
    I miss igotid88
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    igotid88 said:

Dave Coulier inducted Nirvana a couple years ago.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,144
    Tom Hanks inducted the Dave Clark Five
    I miss igotid88
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Carrot Top inducted Madonna
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

Carrot Top inducted Madonna

Euphemism?

Hope Neil's alright, and I'm sure Dave'll do a fine job, hugeass beard or not.
  • tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 879

Neil was all "No Dave A? I'm out bitches"

HAH!
  • GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,908

igotid88 said:

Dave Coulier inducted Nirvana a couple years ago.
    Michael Stipe, no?
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • Yeah I think the extremely short notice handicapped the field big time.
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    goodroc said:

Hope Neil's ok. He will not be inducting PJ Friday night. The replacement is not going to be very popular. David letterman filing iN. Wish it was Bruce or Obama but I guess wil have to live with Dave. Don't shoot messenger

Obama to induct PJ? That would be a snooze fest.
    edited April 2017

Yeah I think the extremely short notice handicapped the field big time.

David Letterman is an amazing get.

Could be really wiity, funny, charming and insightful.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209

Yeah I think the extremely short notice handicapped the field big time.

David Letterman is an amazing get.
    it blows
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    no Uncle Neil definitely sucks immensely... but I don't have an issue with Letterman as a replacement... I'm more concerned with Neil's health, I don't think he would skip doing this just because he has a cold or the flu

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    my2hands said:

no Uncle Neil definitely sucks immensely... but I don't have an issue with Letterman as a replacement... I'm more concerned with Neil's health, I don't think he would skip doing this just because he has a cold or the flu

Given that he cancelled something in December for this year, I'd think there is more to this than a cold or flu too.

my2hands said:

Given that he cancelled something in December for this year, I'd think there is more to this than a cold or flu too.
    Yeah, Im pretty worried.
  • rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    my2hands said:

i agree, his health is most important. and it doesnt seem like its a cold. that being said, hearing letterman speak does nothing for me. im sure he'll do well, theres no questioning his fandom. just personally think he stinks.
    Posting this show I went to in Berlin this summer. Crystal clear audio. Neil is a beast, and it sucks we wont see him play with them live at the HoF.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8wo47juyWI&t=8345s
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited April 2017

David Letterman is a angry jerk. Don't really have any interest in what DL has to say about Pearl Jam. If he wants to talk about being a terrible boss and perv than go for it.

I'm more on this side of the fence myself. I'm not invested in the opinion or anything, but still... I guess I just don't understand the amount of love pouring Dave's way generally. However good a talk show host he may have been and despite all the solid ideas and opinions he may have had over the years, he still just seems like a bit of an asshole to me. I can't say I really admire him as a human being. And I also happen to have no personal interest in how he feels about Pearl Jam. But anyway, whatever. I just hope Neil Young is okay. It's really too bad he couldn't be there for this, given his relationship with the band, which is much more meaningful than any relationship Dave Letterman might have with it.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:

David Letterman is a angry jerk. Don't really have any interest in what DL has to say about Pearl Jam. If he wants to talk about being a terrible boss and perv than go for it.

I'm more on this side of the fence myself. I'm not invested in the opinion or anything, but still... I guess I just don't understand the amount of love pouring Dave's way generally. However good a talk show host he may have been and despite all the solid ideas and opinions he may have had over the years, he still just seems like a bit of an asshole to me. I can't say I really admire him as a human being. And I also happen to have no personal interest in how he feels about Pearl Jam. But anyway, whatever. I just hope Neil Young is okay. It's really too bad he couldn't be there for this, given his relationship with the band, which is much more meaningful than any relationship Dave Letterman might have with it.
    In that case Neil Young's also an asshole.

Eat a peach - etc.