RIP
Post edited by Shyner on

Comments

• whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    Prayers sent!
  • ShynerShyner Posts: 1,226
    Praying for u whispering hands
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Very cool that you're taking care of your grandmother, Shyner.

I lost my mom to Alzheimer's in 2009. She lived too far for me to give her care but I visited and spent time with her as often as possible. I gave money to the Alzheimer's Association for a while but for personal reasons no longer support them. Hospice was hugely helpful during the time of my mothers passing and I regularly support Hospice. They were also hugely helpful during my brother-in-laws passing. They are amazing.

I saw two movies recently, "Lorenzo's Oil" and "Extraordinary Measures", both of which dealt with medical issues and in which both illustrated the stalling/slowing down/impeding of research progress that is caused by competition in medical lab research and the emphasis on financial gain over finding prevention and solutions to disease. Very frustrating to see. I begin to wonder if progress in abating Alzheimer's is being blocked in similar ways. I'd be inserted in learning more from those who are tracking the progress of research in that field.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

edited August 2017
    Thanks

Post edited by Shyner on
  • crowes74crowes74 Posts: 273
    Keep your head up Shyner.   It's a merciless disease.  Your grandmothers a lucky lady to have someone that's there to care for her.  

... if you have Netflix watch a documentary "alive inside" (or title something's like that).  It's about Alzheimer's and music, fascinating stuff.

edited August 2017
    Thanks she is in heaven

Post edited by Shyner on
    edited August 2017
    Love to all
    Post edited by Shyner on
    edited August 2017
    Love
    Post edited by Shyner on
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    I'm sorry for your loss. :frowning:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Sometimes it's a PJ_Soul that lift me up
    Thank you
    Peace and love
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Best wishes for you and yours, Shyner. I'm sorry for your loss.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Thanks brianlux. Appreciate your kindness. 
    edited November 2017
    Just Breathe
    Post edited by Shyner on