Options

Calling for J Roddy Walston and the Business!!

vedhead19vedhead19 Posts: 89
edited June 2013 in The Porch
This is my official request to have J Roddy Walston & the Business open for PJ during the upcoming tour. The guy absolutly kills it! Just saw him for the third time at the Shaky Knees festival in Atlanta over the weekend and the guy just gets better and better. PJ would offer the perfect exposure to send him through the roof!
are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?

can't escape from the common rule if you hate something, don't you do it too

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012
    +1
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,625
    Why tour with a Kings of Leon cover band when they already played shows with Kings of Leon.
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
    RS151862 wrote:
    Why tour with a Kings of Leon cover band when they already played shows with Kings of Leon.
    You obviously have never heard him......sounds nothing like KOL. Happy trolling!

• Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,625
    vedhead19 wrote:
    RS151862 wrote:
    You obviously have never heard him......sounds nothing like KOL. Happy trolling!

So if someone has a dissenting opinion theyre a troll? And you can't honestly say they dont sound awfully similar to kol
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
    RS151862 wrote:
    vedhead19 wrote:
    RS151862 wrote:

So if someone has a dissenting opinion theyre a troll? And you can't honestly say they dont sound awfully similar

It came off very trollish. I have seen KOL five times and J Roddy three........to me they sound nothing a like. But hey everyone has a right to an opinion.

• Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,569
    Love them. I also see no similarity to kol.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259
    Easily a great opener for PJ.... And I don't find them to be a KOL knock-off... I hear more Jerry Lee Lewis than the Followills....
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?
  • Options
    he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593
    Great suggestion...and they are nothing like KOL. The bizness brings it!
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Options
    Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259
    Seeing them tonight in York, PA with Toy Soldiers at the Strand-Capitol Theater... They posted a lot of new material will see the light of day. Meeting up with a bunch of other fans prior to the show so it should be a sweet night of rock and roll! :D
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Friends just introduced me to these guys -- holy shit they're awesome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beX6GF363TI
  • Options
    Glad to hear that you came across them. All three albums are done pretty well. Seen them five times live, and would recommend it. I have also felt they would be a nice fit for an hour set opener.
  • Options
    And to add to some of the past posts, Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats is opening many venues for KoL this tour, and are worth a listen, but J Roddy is my second live band to see other than PJ clearly. Mr. McCready also has played a tune or two live with the Night Sweats.
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    just my opinion....at this point the 10club crowd doesn't give a shit about opening bands...give us our "evening with" and that's it.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018