1st Women's March January 21, 2017. 3rd Women's March January 19, 2019

Comments

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,259

I went down to the rally in St. Paul, MN with the wife. A very large crowd. Police estimate was close to 60k in attendance.

Nice !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195

I went down to the rally in St. Paul, MN with the wife. A very large crowd. Police estimate was close to 60k in attendance.

Yes, it was a big turnout. I work at the College and it was over taken with the crowd.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • So when does this march end? I mean does someone say "ok folks, thanks for coming, time to go home now"?
    The longer this goes on the greater chance it will end in violence.
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,397

Free said:

http://www.npr.org/2016/12/21/506299560/womens-march-on-washington-aims-to-be-more-than-protest-but-will-it

"The march aims to "send a bold message to our new administration on their first day in office, and to the world that women's rights are human rights," according to the event's official website."

Im repeating myself, but it would have accomplished much more by turning out in droves to vote.

That being said... later in the game... impressive.

We'll see if it's a big event that's just a big event or if it's a spark that ignites a fire.
    Agreed..... this only works if people stay angry through 11/2018, 11/2020 & beyond.
    It's Saturday night in NY city 5th ave is packed closed no cars !
  • EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,995
    Just got back from the LA March. I heard 500,000 people. Don't know if that's true. People were very nice, very mellow.
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited January 2017
    So tomorrow after this historic march will President Trump still be in office?
    I ask because I still don't know the reason for the march. What is it supposed to do?
  • FreeFree Posts: 3,562

It's Saturday night in NY city 5th ave is packed closed no cars !

Right on!
    The protest is also in front of Trump tower, ( I don't know what that address is).

I ask because I still don't know the reason for the march. What is it supposed to do?

And we still don't know your reason for posting. I guess we're all in the dark.
  • Can someone tell me exactly what the march is for? What rights are they fighting for that we don't already have?
  • Can someone tell me exactly what the march is for? What rights are they fighting for that we don't already have?

Theres a fear trump will take the rights away. Somehow.

That's like finding you guilty of a crime before it's committed. Shouldn't we wait and see what he's going to do, before the protesting starts?
  • Does anyone know what rights they think he'll take away? I didn't vote for him by the way. I really want to know. I'm having a hard time comprehending why this would be happening in day two???? Everyone seems to be jumping for joy about it.
  • Does anyone know what rights they think he'll take away? I didn't vote for him by the way. I really want to know. I'm having a hard time comprehending why this would be happening in day two???? Everyone seems to be jumping for joy about it.

Right to chose abortion.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

Does anyone know what rights they think he'll take away? I didn't vote for him by the way. I really want to know. I'm having a hard time comprehending why this would be happening in day two???? Everyone seems to be jumping for joy about it.

The right not to have their pussies grabbed without permission.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • rgambs said:

Does anyone know what rights they think he'll take away? I didn't vote for him by the way. I really want to know. I'm having a hard time comprehending why this would be happening in day two???? Everyone seems to be jumping for joy about it.

If ANY person at the protest today supported Hillary, they were ok with a woman who's husband got a blowjob from an intern and lied about it. Billy Clinton was a bigger woman abuser than trump and you best not support a woman who was ok sharing her bed for years and years with him. Hypocrites.

• hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    I went to the Women's March in Wilmington. I feel recharged!
  • ^^^
    You're recharged!
    Now what!
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,588

rgambs said:

If ANY person at the protest today supported Hillary, they were ok with a woman who's husband got a blowjob from an intern and lied about it. Billy Clinton was a bigger woman abuser than trump and you best not support a woman who was ok sharing her bed for years and years with him. Hypocrites.

You're trying to defend sex offender trump by comparing him to Clinton. Bill is done and Hilary lost, lets deal with our current reality.
  • EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,995

rgambs said:

I didn't vote for Bill Clinton in December. He wasn't running.

Rights not to have pussies grabbed, reproductive rights, LGBT rights, no Muslim registry, gutting Obamacare without anything in place, a president who is smart enough to spell honored the right way - about a million reasons actually.

If you have not followed Trump's platform or policies he intends to push through not to have the right to choose, no same sex marriage, targeted immigration and a number of other human rights issues. That's why the march occurred. They want the new administration to know that a vast majority of people are not in favor of his proposed agenda on those topics.

If you wait to see what happens then it's already too late to affect change.
  • benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,931

Since you'd rather be condescending/adversarial than type "women's March" into Google, I did it for you and found a mission's statement. https://www.womensmarch.com/mission/

The TL;DR is that the Women's March is a reaffirmation of the importance of equal rights: a nonviolent showing of numbers to fight divisive rhetoric which has been perceived to marginalize various groups.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • ^^^
    Ok, but at the end of the day what is the march accomplishing?
  • rgambs said:

You're trying to defend sex offender trump by comparing him to Clinton. Bill is done and Hilary lost, lets deal with our current reality.
    To add to his point this "great march" that is happening has Madonna performing and speaking.
    We all know what she offered to anyone who wouldn't vote for President Trump.
    This march is a farce and extremely sexist towards men.
  • what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,758

Can someone tell me exactly what the march is for? What rights are they fighting for that we don't already have?

That's like finding you guilty of a crime before it's committed. Shouldn't we wait and see what he's going to do, before the protesting starts?
    Whitehouse.gov -- read it. That's what he's going to do -- Rape the earth in the pursuit of profit.

Every single appointment he's made tells us that's what he's going to do.

He has even said of the Iraq War -- "I can't believe we didn't take the oil. All that, and they still have all the oil."

I'm a woman. I did not march. But if I did, I would have been marching to protect mother earth.

rgambs said:

To add to his point this "great march" that is happening has Madonna performing and speaking.
    We all know what she offered to anyone who wouldn't vote for President Trump.
    This march is a farce and extremely sexist towards men.
    You're just being an ignorant forum troll, aren't you? Do you think only women marched?
  • ^^^
    I know both sexes marched.
    Still does not change the fact that they embraced and invited Madonnas position.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739

Don't be a douche. Respect the first amendment. You might not agree with it but the first amendment is the definition of this country.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739

rgambs said:

This is a great point. Well said
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    The fact of the matter is that more people gathered today against Bafoon then yesterday to support him and that is eating him up !