Lemme See That Vinyl Collection!

Comments

• reesdogreesdog Auckland, NZ. Posts: 1,981
    I was lucky enough to get the last Expedit shelves from the supplier I know, (they only do Kallax now) so I have two of these units, plus a smaller 2x2 for when the collection grows bigger. 650 records so far..
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom.
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    reesdog said:

I was lucky enough to get the last Expedit shelves from the supplier I know, (they only do Kallax now) so I have two of these units, plus a smaller 2x2 for when the collection grows bigger. 650 records so far..

Very nice.
    Cheers dude! :)
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    looks great, @reesdog ! I'm looking forward to our move so I can put my expedit (and setup) in a larger room. Mine is upright & I'd never thought of putting it on its side and placing the components on top until I saw those pics. Very cool!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 said:

looks great, @reesdog ! I'm looking forward to our move so I can put my expedit (and setup) in a larger room. Mine is upright & I'd never thought of putting it on its side and placing the components on top until I saw those pics. Very cool!

Thanks mfc2006, yeah I saw somewhere online with the unit on its side like that, I like it too, great height to have the components at. Apparently theres a slight risk of these toppling over, but I think that's mostly with the bigger 5x5 units not being used correctly. The instructions I got with this shows that its perfectly fine to have it on its side..
  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,027
    Very clean and inviting. Great set-up!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    reesdog said:

Wow that looks great!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    Thanks guys, is definitely an improvement..
  • jamhead64jamhead64 Posts: 52
    edited January 2019
    Bumping this thread, because it’s awesome!

Lots of great looking collections and displays. 

My collection:
    https://www.discogs.com/user/jamhead64/collection
    Post edited by jamhead64 on

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368

That looks awesome!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600

• petted101petted101 Posts: 188
    Just came across this thread. Some great looking collections people. Here's how mine is looking today.

good stuff!
  • Bump
  • May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,643

• MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    I'm around 3000 records now... I feel it may be time to try and get rid of some, because I am running out of room.
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    I periodically get rid of stuff. Ebay it to fund some new stuff. Every so often I get the urge to sell it all.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    I’m about due for a cull. Have some stuff left from the last one, so many singles that I never touch but are a hassle to price and just general trimming the fat of the collection type stuff.

Need to wipe my Discogs and start from scratch too. I generally get rid of collector stuff and go for solid player copies when quality of reissues allows. 
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    I just culled the collection in August, but now I need to sell it. 

While I get less than discos or eBay, part of me just wants to dump stuff at my local and be done with it. 
    MedozK said:
    I'm around 3000 records now... I feel it may be time to try and get rid of some, because I am running out of room.
    That's quite a few.  I'm at about 15% of that. 
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    I stopped keeping a spreadsheet 5 years ago. I was at 2500 then (7” 12” and LPs). I don’t want to know what I have now, 
    I stopped keeping a spreadsheet 5 years ago. I was at 2500 then (7” 12” and LPs). I don’t want to know what I have now, 
    I've been keeping an inventory on Discogs since the beginning. It's a great tool.
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    MedozK said:
    Wow. I don’t even know if I could imagine having 500 of anything. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    Ive sold around 1000 records over the years when trimming the collection down. The thing I find is that once I have it in my mind that I am going to sell it, I have to, even if its for next to nothing.

The sad thing is, Im thinking I will be able to tell in the next 10 years whether or not my kids are going to want the collection. For the sake of their finances I suggest they dont collect vinyl. Ive lost a lot of interest in music, collecting and going to concerts. Just getting older I guess. Never thought Id say that. Finding other interests.

FR181798 said:
    Ive sold around 1000 records over the years when trimming the collection down. The thing I find is that once I have it in my mind that I am going to sell it, I have to, even if its for next to nothing.

The sad thing is, Im thinking I will be able to tell in the next 10 years whether or not my kids are going to want the collection. For the sake of their finances I suggest they dont collect vinyl. Ive lost a lot of interest in music, collecting and going to concerts. Just getting older I guess. Never thought Id say that. Finding other interests.

Funny, I'm the opposite.  I can't bring myself to sell anything at all.  I have a closet full of pretty nice speakers, amps, AVR's, etc. that are just piling up.  But every time I think about selling it, I figure.. hell I'll only get X for this, that's way less than what I think it's worth.  
  • Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 West Seattle Posts: 889

• BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,027
    ^^^^^Damn!  That's a big collection!  Very nice!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Patrick, this thread was supposed to be dedicated to showing others your vinyl collection, not your vinyl stores.

i kid...amazing collection!!
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,601

Thanks to Patrick's heads up I'm still spinning the cake boxset. It sure is pretty and I'd never pay lots of cash for it. Awesome collection.
     Check out this book 'dust and grooves' has some cool stories about collecting.