F#CK Cancer. I'm going with HOPE

joberto1217joberto1217 Asbury Park, NJ Posts: 9
edited December 2016 in Vitalogy
This is in hope of helping my mother out. She's fighting an intense battle with cancer. I'm doing all I can to help her but sometimes you just have to ask for help.

My mom, as a single mother, did so much to raise my sister and I. She also had to deal with a lot of horrible stuff from my father. Now she's fighting cancer.

I want to do all I can to help her fight. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Here is a link to her GoFundMe:

http://www.gofundme.com/ClareDeeCancerFight
Post edited by joberto1217 on

Comments

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Fuck cancer, indeed. Every single bit of it.

Best of thoughts to your mom. May she kick cancer's ass.
  • joberto1217joberto1217 Asbury Park, NJ Posts: 9
    Thank you for taking the time to read my post, Hedonist. I really appreciate the comment!!
  • whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    Such a terrible disease! Much love to you @joberto1217.
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,414
    Be strong you and your mother..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    edited January 2017
    Thank you @23scidoo and @whisperinghands!! ❤️❤️
    Update- My mom has an appointment next Tuesday at the Penn Med Cancer Center. Please wish us luck!!!!!!
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

Update- My mom has an appointment next Tuesday at the Penn Med Cancer Center. Please wish us luck!!!!!!

Wishing :)

...and I just checked the posted site again. Very nice from the Women of Irish Heritage! My late MIL was one.
    Aww. Thanks for the wishes and checking out the site! Yes, WOIH were very generous ☘️❤️
    Her treatment starts on Tuesday at Penn Med!! Nervous for all of this but excited she's going to be receiving the care she needs.

Please share and support if you can!!

http://www.gofundme.com/ClareDeeCancerFight
    So glad to hear! Praying she receives this care well, and you all can beat this!!
    Thank you Whispering Hands. So bummed out today with this change in leadership and stresses with the threat of ACA being taken away.

Not sure how I will be able to take care of everything but I'll figure it out.

Just listening to PJ all day. Always makes me feel better.

Thank you Whispering Hands. So bummed out today with this change in leadership and stresses with the threat of ACA being taken away.

Not sure how I will be able to take care of everything but I'll figure it out.

Just listening to PJ all day. Always makes me feel better.

Breathe. They are not scrapping the ACA all together. They ARE realigning it so that it is ACTUALLY affordable. I have no idea what all that entails, but something has GOT to give on that one. Believe me, I am relying on it as well for my healthcare.. but as a working citizen, I am also paying out the butt for it.. ( 3x's more than I paid for having a structured HC provider).
    Prayers are with us all that are navigating these scary waters. We will get through this.
  • vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
    cancer takes and  i do not understand why we bicker about healthcare