*** TOTD Seattle, WA 1 & 2 Fanviews Here ***

Comments

• SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,164
    ShaunPope said:

Was it just me or was Chris Cornell hitting notes during these shows that he hasn't been hitting for at least a decade? Cornell IMO was just at a different level during these Seattle shows. It sounded like early-mid 90's Cornell.

When was the last time you've seen Chris? I've noticed a steady improvement in Chris' voice since 2009 (he didn't sound so good with Audioslave). Last year during his solo shows was the best I had ever heard him... until Temple of the Dog in San Francisco.
  • Last time was during the Soundgarden tour in 2011 at the Gorge. He sounded great during that show as well but last night I just thought he reached a different level.
  • Do you guys think this was a one time only tour for TOTD or will get more shows and perhaps new music from them? I thought I heard Cornell say something regarding that before the final song but I couldn't make out what he was saying.
  • acost016acost016 SF Posts: 40
    I def see them doing more together. It seems like a contingency with EV getting older and more diverse with his schedule. These guys are so talented and they want to create and keep alive avenues of performing live, for love of the music, and of course a nice pay day.

For obvious reasons they have amazing chemistry and I thought it was a sign of more to come with the lack of any real stage presence. No crazy lights, backdrops, no video montages, nothing aside from the Andy statue which I don't think was even used at all shows. It was what you'd expect from a group who is on their first tour.

I always want new music from these guys, but don't see that happening anytime soon.
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,164
    Chris said something about a world tour, and then said if we cheered loud enough, maybe they would feel bad enough and actually do it. At another show, he said something about maybe they will do more shows... or maybe they won't. I wouldn't read too much into it. I wouldn't be surprised if this never happens again, they do after all have other bands and all sorts of side projects. This was a tribute project to Andrew Wood, and I feel like they more than accomplished that goal. I'm not sure I want them to keep touring.

That being said, I wouldn't mind if Chris occasionally popped by some Pearl Jam shows to do some of these songs :D
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    Yah... I imagine it gets complicated. Some of them have kids, some of them like being on the road more than others, other bands etc... If they can make it work and do more that would be cool, but I'd understand if they didn't.

I do think it's cool that I've seen Chris Cornell front 4 different bands now. Soundgarden, Audioslave, ToTD and Solo. I've also seem Matt Cameron behind the kit for four different bands (Soundgarden, PJ, ToTD, and Wellwater Conspiracy). It's kind of weird.

Matt Cameron is by far the musician I've seen the most. Add up all the PJ shows I've seen with Soundgarden shows and I can't top it.. lol.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Second show was better than the first...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • stevedsteved Posts: 651
    edited November 2016
    Went to 5 of the 8 shows.. Up front for all of them... Seattle 2 was the tightest and most powerful of all of the shows! Matt was insanely aggressive and crisp, Mike left it all on the table, and Chris was locked in emotionally all night. Stone / Jeff are consistent pretty much every night.. Stone messed up the intro to Seasons on night 1.. Other than Chris coming in a little late and singing into is bullet harmonica microphone on the first line of Times of Trouble, Paramount 2 was nearly flawless.. But the little flubs to me are less important then the over all spirit and power of the concert. Seattle 2 was just at a different level.. I prefer the Missing / Quicksand set to the Holy Holy / Baby Lemonade Set as well.. That is just a personal preference.. The crowd I also felt was much more electric night 2!

Chris did an improv to extend the end of Reach Down for the only time of the tour. They switched the order night two and called and audible to play Hey Baby right into River of Deceit which I think worked great!
    Post edited by steved on
    1994 - Pensacola, Miami, Atlanta - 1995 - Milwaukee, Milwaukee, New Orleans (Tickets to Phoenix, Las Cruces, Austin, Shows Canceled) - 1996 - Randalls Island, Randalls Island, Charlotte, N.Charleston, Ft. Lauderdale - 1997 - Oakland -1998 - Alpine Valley, Alpine Valley, Chicago, West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach -  2000 - West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach, Phoenix, Las Vegas (10th Anniversary Show)  - 2003 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Atlanta, Nashville, Camden, Camden, MSG, MSG - 2004 - Kissimmee, Fl  -  2006 - Irving Plaza, Albany, Hartford, Denver, Denver, Las Vegas - 2007 - Ed w/ Jack Irons & Flea in LA  - 2008 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Columbia, Camden, Camden, Washington D.C. - 2009 - L.A., San Diego, Philly Spectrum Night 3 & 4  - 2010 - New Orleans, Columbus, Indianapolis, Hartford, MSG, MSG - 2011 - Ed - Hartford, Providence, Boston - 2011 - Alpine Valley X2 (PJ20), Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver - 2012 - Ed - Ft. Lauderdale x2, - 2012 / 2014 Beautiful Daughter "Emily" born 11/07/12. On the bench for 3 years! She's really cute though! - 2015 - Mexico City - 2016 - Ft. Laud, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Greenville, Raleigh, Columbia, Philly 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley Night 1 & 2 - 2016 - MSG, San Francisco, San Francisco, Seattle, Seattle (TOTD) - 2018 - Seattle 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2

• still floating. what an amazing tour. awesome, epic... all those things. :) wow
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    Both shows were incredible. I had a great time. I doubt we will ever get these released officially via Flac-HD with all the cover songs played & all. But damn were the jams amazing!! I have never been to the Paramount Theatre before. The audio inside that place was crisp. I would LOVE to see Pearl Jam jam there sometime.

It was great meeting you steved & many others who've I've met these past few day's. I just arrived home a few hours ago. I miss the experience already. :(
  • Me too man :)
    demetrios said:

Both shows were incredible. I had a great time. I doubt we will ever get these released officially via Flac-HD with all the cover songs played & all. But damn were the jams amazing!! I have never been to the Paramount Theatre before. The audio inside that place was crisp. I would LOVE to see Pearl Jam jam there sometime.

It was great meeting you steved & many others who've I've met these past few day's. I just arrived home a few hours ago. I miss the experience already. :(

Great meeting you too bro!!!
    1994 - Pensacola, Miami, Atlanta - 1995 - Milwaukee, Milwaukee, New Orleans (Tickets to Phoenix, Las Cruces, Austin, Shows Canceled) - 1996 - Randalls Island, Randalls Island, Charlotte, N.Charleston, Ft. Lauderdale - 1997 - Oakland -1998 - Alpine Valley, Alpine Valley, Chicago, West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach -  2000 - West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach, Phoenix, Las Vegas (10th Anniversary Show)  - 2003 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Atlanta, Nashville, Camden, Camden, MSG, MSG - 2004 - Kissimmee, Fl  -  2006 - Irving Plaza, Albany, Hartford, Denver, Denver, Las Vegas - 2007 - Ed w/ Jack Irons & Flea in LA  - 2008 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Columbia, Camden, Camden, Washington D.C. - 2009 - L.A., San Diego, Philly Spectrum Night 3 & 4  - 2010 - New Orleans, Columbus, Indianapolis, Hartford, MSG, MSG - 2011 - Ed - Hartford, Providence, Boston - 2011 - Alpine Valley X2 (PJ20), Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver - 2012 - Ed - Ft. Lauderdale x2, - 2012 / 2014 Beautiful Daughter "Emily" born 11/07/12. On the bench for 3 years! She's really cute though! - 2015 - Mexico City - 2016 - Ft. Laud, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Greenville, Raleigh, Columbia, Philly 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley Night 1 & 2 - 2016 - MSG, San Francisco, San Francisco, Seattle, Seattle (TOTD) - 2018 - Seattle 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2

• ChadplamChadplam Alberta Posts: 186
    Does anyone know if these got recorded like the Pearl Jam shows do?
    2016- TOTD Seattle Night 1+2
    2018- Home Shows Night 1+2, Missoula 
    Audio Recorded yes... Very unlikely that any of them will be released though..

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    steved said:

Audio Recorded yes... Very unlikely that any of them will be released though..

Any clue why?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    edited November 2016
    The shows were clearly recorded from the placement of audience mics facing outward to capture crowd noise, and comments Chris made throughout the tour. As far as them not being released, Just second hand chatter I'm hearing from a couple sources that would be in the know...

As far as why? Could speculate several reasons but certainly hard to get rights for all of these cover songs worked out especially stuff like Zeppelin..
    Post edited by steved on

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    steved said:

The shows were clearly recorded from the placement of audience mics facing outward to capture crowd noise, and comments Chris made throughout the tour. As far as them not being released, Just second hand chatter I'm hearing from a couple sources that would be in the know...

As far as why? Could speculate several reasons but certainly hard to get rights for all of these cover songs worked out especially stuff like Zeppelin..

Got ya. thank you.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Who do you guys think wanted the audio from some of the Achilles vids blocked on youtube from the Zep organization? I know Page and Chris are buds so I don't think it's him, but who knows

Who do you guys think wanted the audio from some of the Achilles vids blocked on youtube from the Zep organization? I know Page and Chris are buds so I don't think it's him, but who knows

It is just business.. It has nothing to do with Temple or their relationship with Chris I think.. It is The Record labels that just automatically remove third party videos and audio from Youtube.

For instance UMG removed almost all audience videos of Stardog Champion from PJ20 recently prior to the release of the Temple stuff and the Mother Love Bone release. That is their own label.. They just sometimes won't allow audience videos or audio up on YouTube. The band members themselves don't do this the label does.

• ChadplamChadplam Alberta Posts: 186
    I just heard both paramount shows were filmed, any chance those would be released as dvd? Even just the Totd album
    2016- TOTD Seattle Night 1+2
    2018- Home Shows Night 1+2, Missoula 
    Chadplam said:

I just heard both paramount shows were filmed, any chance those would be released as dvd? Even just the Totd album

Curious to where you heard that.. There were no cameras located in traditional angles close to the stage.. In the pits or front side stage areas at all.. I'm sure they were documented in some way for the band, but a full production professional crew was not used to film these shows that I saw. Nor were there any notifications hanging anywhere that filming was being done. I wish this was the case, but I am pretty sure I would have seen some sign of a film crew if this was the case..

• steved said:

Chadplam said:

Curious to where you heard that.. There were no cameras located in traditional angles close to the stage.. In the pits or front side stage areas at all.. I'm sure they were documented in some way for the band, but a full production professional crew was not used to film these shows that I saw. Nor were there any notifications hanging anywhere that filming was being done. I wish this was the case, but I am pretty sure I would have seen some sign of a film crew if this was the case..

I actually saw footage on the tv's in the bathroom but they were from back of the theater.
    "This melody, inside of me, still searches for a solution."
  • Went to both shows and they were amazing. Night 2 was superior. Chris and Mike wiere both better on night 2. Loved Four Walled World on night 2 and still trying to find a video of it.

Funny thing is I only had tickets to night 2 and someone tipped me that they would release tickets to night 1 at the Paramount box office 2 hours prior to the show. They were right and I scored tickets 8 rows from the stage. That same night my wife and I ended up leaving the theater from one of the side doors. This exit was guarded by security, some young ladies flashed their backstage pass and we just followed in tow. The exit area had a small staircase that leads backstage, we went up the staircase but didn't venture further as we were content and didn't want to bother anyone. We hung out with some of the road crew in the security area outside prior to heading back to our hotel nearby.

All in all two wicked shows and an awesome time in Seattle for 5 days. Def bucket list worthy. Went to my first NFL game and that too was amazing.
    "This melody, inside of me, still searches for a solution."
  • Four Walled World on night two was great :)
  • Just checking if there's any Youtube footage of FWW from Night 2 that's shown up...crazy solo and Mike whipped the guitar at the end :)
  • TyTy Posts: 1,007
    So, I heard that the Cosmic Psychos were in town that weekend, and Ross was drinking with Matt Lukin, Eddie and Bradley Cooper after the game in Lukin's kitchen. Ross from the Psychos said to me on Saturday night "we were 'sposed to go to the Temple Of The Dog show, but we stayed drinkin' in Lukin's kitchen until 4:30am, with Ed and Brad too". So I said, "It's your fault Ed didn't turn up in Seattle and sing", to which Ross replied "haha, guess so, yeah blame me".
    PJ - Sydney 1998; Sydney 2003; Sydney, Melbourne, Newcastle 2006; Melbourne, Sydney 2009; Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney 2014.
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle, Sydney 2011; Sydney 2014.
  • Ed sure looks like a punk now
  • Reach Down from every show on this tour but night 2 esp with the extra improv is awesome every time in the biblical sense :)
  • cockagecockage Posts: 454
    Reach Down from every show on this tour but night 2 esp with the extra improv is awesome every time in the biblical sense :)
    Couldn't possibly agree more. 

https://youtu.be/W9bKqsL3MC0