Should Donald Trump be impeached?

vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
edited November 2016 in A Moving Train
Very straightforward. The man has a lot of legal issues to address. Sexual assault, fraud among others. Impeachment seems a very possible part of 2017

Should Donald Trump be impeached? 43 votes

Yes
51%
E.KdarwinstheoryNewJPagevaggar99my2handsa5pjMoonpigadam42381mfc2006InHiding80ChazzmarjenSmellymanpearljammr78Better DanKev - Coat and KeystreesRC242143PJForceofNatureMagoo2 22 votes
No
48%
pjalive21Wma31394Dirtie_FrankPJPOWERg under pbucballmace1229MG79478HesCalledDyerKC138045EB218946RoleModelsinBlood31dmaradona10BLACK35joseph33Mkovalycsikriley540EchoesOnMarsHughFreakingDillonSmallestOceans 21 votes

Comments

• g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    No
    No he should not and he most likely won't be in any case. He hasn't been sworn as yet and lets just see what happens in the courts. Then take the courts decisions and go from there.
    Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
    Yes
    g under p said:

No he should not and he most likely won't be in any case. He hasn't been sworn as yet and lets just see what happens in the courts. Then take the courts decisions and go from there.
    Peace

why should he not be?
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    vaggar99 said:

Very straightforward. The man has a lot of legal issues to address. Sexual assault, fraud among others. Impeachment seems a very possible part of 2017

I thought the child sexual assault charge was dropped? Is there still an open charge?
    Who would begin impeachment proceedings?
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,491
    The guy was just voted in with the public deciding that with all his known baggage he should still be president. Impeaching now would be the same as the Dem's crying wolf about respecting election. Something new could give rise to impeachment though.
    Yes
    ^^^the movement must begin now. behind closed doors of course. and when the ESP takes office he will have a very nice present waiting for him.
    Yes
    JC29856 said:

vaggar99 said:

I thought the child sexual assault charge was dropped? Is there still an open charge?
    I am still doing the research. it seems most states don't have statute of limitations on sexual assault. So all it might take is one of these women who can't be bought and has a strong case. It's a big if, because ESP is a master manipulator and will likely succeed in making it seem to his army of psychos like she should have been grateful to be touched by a rich orange faced pervert.
    edited November 2016
    vaggar99 said:

JC29856 said:

vaggar99 said:

I am still doing the research. it seems most states don't have statute of limitations on sexual assault. So all it might take is one of these women who can't be bought and has a strong case. It's a big if, because ESP is a master manipulator and will likely succeed in making it seem to his army of psychos like she should have been grateful to be touched by a rich orange faced pervert.
    And part duex was: who would start the impeachment process?
    edited November 2016
    Yes
    ^^ i think it will have to initiated by Congress. I know, Republicans are in control so there lies some issues. But I think there is, at least there was, a common interest in extracting ESP.
    Post edited by vaggar99 on
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    He shouldn't have been elected. He was. If he does things in office worthy of impeachment then yes he should. Until that happens I am hesitant to call for the impeachment of a lawfully elected president before he has even taken office. Feels like a dangerous precedent to set.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    edited November 2016
    Yes
    Part of my dismay comes from how anyone can take a 'sit back and wait' approach as if this somehow the same as any other election. it is not. Like John Oliver put it 'the plane is going down and a wombat is at the controls, but it's cool let's give the wombat a chance'
    Post edited by vaggar99 on
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    It sucks. I know. I share your fears and concerns. But, we have an electoral process in place. We either respect it or we don't. He won.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    Yes
    we also have a constitution and i dont remember there being anything in there about not being allowed to call impeachment for the POTUS elect.
    vaggar99 said:

we also have a constitution and i dont remember there being anything in there about not being allowed to call impeachment for the POTUS elect.

I can't figure out what is funnier, John Oliver or your failure to accept an election.
    Yes

vaggar99 said:

I can't figure out what is funnier, John Oliver or your failure to accept an election.
    i've accepted the election. if i hadnt, i wouldnt be calling for impeachment. you can't impeach someone who is not president

vaggar99 said:

John Oliver reference is funny.
    I'm not against impeaching a president for serious offenses, such as war crimes or rape/sexual assault. Obviously we don't know what happened to any of the individual women 12 or 13 I think it is but I would have to think if anything was anywhere near "chargeable" the vast media, RNC, Jeb, Mitt, Marco, DNC, Hilliary, Elizabeth, Chuck, John and Tony or Soros would have found and exposed it.
    Even the so called Billy Bush grabbing P talk, Trump said "you can" not that he actually did, although I tend to think he may have grabbed a few in his lifetime.
    vaggar99 said:

vaggar99 said:

i've accepted the election. if i hadnt, i wouldnt be calling for impeachment. you can't impeach someone who is not president
    You clearly haven't accepted it.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

vaggar99 said:

vaggar99 said:

Acceptance and acquiescence are not the same thing.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    Yes

vaggar99 said:

vaggar99 said:

this argument is going nowhere, but the impeachment movement will proceed
    Sorry, I am just posting out of extreme fear. I heard stories from the left about how important it is that elections matter and that the country is so fragile it can't handle a challenged election. I see this election now being challenged and I just don't know what to do. What is going to happen?????? Keep your composure bootlegger!
    edited November 2016
    Yes
    ^^^understood. but, this election is different. The American people have just elected someone that is just plain rotten into the WH. In my mind, this issue transcends party lines.
  • Sorry, I am just posting out of extreme fear. I heard stories from the left about how important it is that elections matter and that the country is so fragile it can't handle a challenged election. I see this election now being challenged and I just don't know what to do. What is going to happen?????? Keep your composure bootlegger!

There is a thread for that. Seek help!
    Whatever it takes! You are not alone!
    http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/261992/post-election-stress-disorder#latest
    :wink:
    vaggar99 said:

^^^understood. but, this election is different. We have someone just plain rotten about the enter the WH. In my mind, this issue transcends party lines.

Were you in favor of impeaching Bill? He said the same things about immigration and the border as Trump and treated women the same as well.
    Yes
    The election is not being challenged. It the fitness of the POTUS elect that is being challenged.
    edited November 2016
    vaggar99 said:

The election is not being challenged. It the fitness of the POTUS elect that is being challenged.

Isn't that what primary campaigns and elections are for? You are challenging the election if immediately seeking impeachment. Next time just tell us who you think is fit to be president and we can just save time and put that person in office.
    Yes
    ^^^we have a man who has been accused of some very bad things. He needs to answer for those. Impeachment is part of that process.
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303

vaggar99 said:

^^^understood. but, this election is different. We have someone just plain rotten about the enter the WH. In my mind, this issue transcends party lines.

He said the same things about immigration and the border as Trump and treated women the same as well.
    Bill talked about banning Muslims and building a wall (payed for by Mexico)?

I must have missed that, care to provide a source?
    Yes
    bill also had sexual relations with osama bin laden. he's not in office anymore
  • OP
    Is this thread for finding out if President-elect Trump should be impeached only or is it a starting of a movement by you to get others onboard like a petition?
    Yes
    ^^^who knows. its a discussion mostly...a discussion that needs to be had.
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Yes
    Sure, why not... seems like fun