HBO's WESTWORLD(Spoilers)

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,764
    edited November 2016

And was Ford creating a "host" version of Theresa on the table in the room where Bernard murdered her? He'll need to account for her disappearance.
    So damn good.

That is what I thought. I thought the preview showed them all looking at a body though. But it may have been the woman who discovered Theresa was trying to steal secrets and disappeared last week.

And I want to know how much the Man in Black knows, since him and Ford obviously have a past. And are the other robots "waking up" outside of Ford's plans?

So many directions it can go. Glad it is already renewed.
    I just wish it didn't take this long to expose Bernard as a host. I feel like this show is more about what is to come than what I'm actually watching, and that gets tiring after a while. With that said, glad I finally got that payoff - that whole scene was very, very good.

Definitely think Theresa was the host being made; just like I'm sure Bernard used to be an actual real person (maybe the flashbacks of conversations with Delores are from that time?).

So, as I see it, there's 4 storylines going on here: 1)The whole sabotage/corporate thing with Theresa(now dead) 2) Maeve becoming a super host genius person 3) Ed Harris when he was younger with Delores 4) Ed Harris older as the man in the black hat on the chase of the maze.

I'm thinking Elsie's dead? And I'm not sure if Arnold was ever real, or if he was a someone made up by Ford to deflect us from what's really going on with Ford. OR Arnold is not dead and Ford is allowing him to live his life among the hosts probably somewhere in the middle of that maze ala Marlon Brando in Apocalypse Now.
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    I didnt watch next weeks previews.
    Well one of the ongoing theories about different timelines has the William/Dolores story being in the past, and the MIB being William in the present. But i'm not quite sure if thats gonna prove to be just a theory.
    Maeve is definitely awake and ready to jump ship from the facility.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,375
    I think I need to re-watch the last couple of episodes. I feel like I missed a lot of clues.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,265
    Bernard Lowe = Arnold Weber... so if the surname Weber pops up we'll know that Bernard is based on Arnold. Or maybe, Bernard is Arnold, and Arnold was always a host that got reprogrammed...

I loved this episode, Theresa's death came out of nowhere though. Her reaction as Bernard closed in was heartbreaking. I definitely think the host on the table is a replacement Theresa
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
    goldrush said:

Bernard Lowe = Arnold Weber... so if the surname Weber pops up we'll know that Bernard is based on Arnold. Or maybe, Bernard is Arnold, and Arnold was always a host that got reprogrammed...

I loved this episode, Theresa's death came out of nowhere though. Her reaction as Bernard closed in was heartbreaking. I definitely think the host on the table is a replacement Theresa

Yeah, I've seen that Bernard Lowe thing. I think that's what it is - just as (I'm assuming) Theresa will be replaced with a host I think Arnold was replaced with a host. When Ford showed Bernard the picture of Ford and Arnold it was actually Ford and Ford's dad with enough room in the middle for another person. I figure the guy in the middle is Bernard(Arnold) when he was not a host. And the conversation with Bernard and Delores are actually of Delores and Arnold before Arnold was killed.
    Man, this show is nuts.
    There are definitely different timelines happening here with Dolores, Maeve and Teddy/ Man in Black
    So Bernard also took out Elsie as well.
    Maeve is now further upgraded and can control other hosts within the park at her leisure. Will be interesting to see who she tries to recruit into her army.
    Two more episodes left.
    I hope I'm wrong but I can't see things ending well for Maeve. I think she may get to a certain point and then get sacrificed GoT-style, which is a shame as I've always liked Thandie Newton.

Is William a younger Man in Black?

Is Ford really a host too? Could he have found the maze and reached total awareness, then taken over from Arnold?

(Tim Rogers)
  • joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,203
    Ford and Arnold are one of the same. Ford is an Android with Arnold's consciousness. Boom!!!!!!!
    joseph33 said:

Ford and Arnold are one of the same. Ford is an Android with Arnold's consciousness. Boom!!!!!!!

(Insert Keanu Reeves whoa face)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,374
    I'm enjoying this show, but how long can it really go on for? It feels like a two, maybe three-season show at the most.

I'm definitely in the "Bernard is Arnold" camp, and I'm starting to believe the multiple timelines theory too. William and the Man in Black are the same person? I can see that.
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
    The Rock said:

I'm enjoying this show, but how long can it really go on for? It feels like a two, maybe three-season show at the most.

I'm definitely in the "Bernard is Arnold" camp, and I'm starting to believe the multiple timelines theory too. William and the Man in Black are the same person? I can see that.

All of this has played out so far. Thing is you're right - this is like The Leftovers. You can only go 3 seasons, 4 tops on this show.
    good episode last night....looking forward to the season finale
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    So yes, Bernard is Arnold.
    Now its being speculated that Wyatt is indeed Dolores in the present and that we are seeing 3 different time periods for Dolores.
    This episode pretty much confirmed that the MIB is William, at the end(present) he meets up with Dolores. Im guessing that church as the center of the maze. We know Arnold in the past told her about the maze
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    fantastic season, very curious to see where they go in season 2.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    Anyone think that Ford discovered a way to transfer his consciousness to a host body?
    bflynn1 said:

Anyone think that Ford discovered a way to transfer his consciousness to a host body?

I don't think so. Nor I don't think it'd really matter. I'm sure there will be some kind of "code" somewhere along the lines for Bernard and/or Elsie/Stubbs (I don't think either are dead now) to help assist in whatever is coming in season 2 - revolution to reign over their own world, or in escaping to the outside world.

Honestly, I thought Ford would die off earlier on because I couldn't see how this show could keep Hopkins on to appear on a regular basis as I'm sure he's crazy expensive to hire.
    Finally watched the finale....absolutely amazing stuff.
    Did you guys catch the post credit scene of the female snake tattoo'd host cutting off her trapped arm in Samurai World?
    Cool to have Ford finally see the robots in the same light as Arnold/Bernard in the end.
    Looks like Season 2 we will have the transformation of Dolores into Wyatt and kicking ass in the process.
    I imagine William/MIB will not be killed by the hosts, he only got shot in the arm, then he smirked as in to say, "this is what I wanted this place to be"
    Surprised Maeve turned back around but it does play into the whole consciousness theme...I guess she really wants to see if her daughter really is "real"
  • Leathe?ma?Leathe?ma? Яussia Posts: 354
    Just watched it couple days ago. Magnificent. Little afraid now that next season would be weaker, with all that samurai stuff. Its hard to continue such a complex story
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,537
  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,030
    ^^^^^^ Too funny!!!! I really enjoyed season one.
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
    Newbury Comics have an exclusive 'blood red' vinyl of the soundtrack up for preorder:

1. Main Title Theme – Westworld
    2. Sweetwater
    3. Black Hole Sun
    4. Paint it Black
    5. No Surprises
    6. A Forest
    7. Motion Picture Soundtrack
    8. Fake Plastic Trees
    9. House of the Rising Sun
    10. Something I Can Never Have
    11. Back to Black
    12. Exit Music (For a Film)
    13. Reverie

(Tim Rogers)
    Damn shame we may not see Season 2 until 2018.
    edited July 2017
    Season 2 teaser from SDCC
    https://youtu.be/phFM3V_dors
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,475
    ^^Nice!!
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,475
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    Season 2 starts tonight.
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Can't wait!

And agreed with the Leftovers comparison above...though I fucking LOVED the series.
    Just got to try get my head around everything that happened in Season 1 again first! I haven't had time to rewatch yet it so I'm sure there's stuff I've forgotten

(Tim Rogers)