*** TOTD NY, NY Fanviews Here 11/7/16 ***

Comments

• CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,012
    Suziemay said:

MATT FUCKING CAMERON!

That's all I have to say :)

For Realz....My behind the stage experience focused on his bad ass ways. These type of songs let him shine

Stone & Jeff Rocking around his kit was so sweet

• Massive guys. Massive. Everybody's loving it :)
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    I was in awe all night. The level of musicianship during this show was insane. And yes like I've always said , MC is a machine.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    Oh and I just gotta say I had a really cool train ride back home. Was bs-ing with some fellow fans and one of them lives in Miami, but is from Patchogue. Hope you made your flight and LGM
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    It has to get old play PJ songs for 3 hours a night even if only 20 times a year so I can understand everyone seems to be having more fun than usual. Maybe not old, but definitely not as fresh and new as playing these TOTD songs.
  • pjallipjalli Posts: 125
    they looked like they were having the best time ever, especially stone. my head hurts today from nonstop headbanging, worth it! they sounded great, super heavy. and thank you tenclub, front row!!!!!
    https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipO5UMgabmM7tz61i0yp0hgx0P-0VHxQ-TEZc6bI

• rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    3rd show for me they're getting better every night. Matt, Stone and Mike look like they are having a blast and they are startin to gel. West coast shows are gonna be nice.
  • Stone is the coolest
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • NinetytworulesNinetytworules Boston Posts: 454
    I love be the fact that they are just five dudes on a stage. No signage or production value, just music!! Awesome show crowd was great met some great peeps!
  • NYCPJNYCPJ nyc Posts: 761
    nycrats said:

yeah that was awesome!

i avoided here and basically any music site because i wanted to be surprised by who else theyd play and boy was i surprised. the totd stuff was incredible, i love that they opened w say hello, quite fitting. and i kept saying to myself how great and tight they sounded and i had to be like "duh, its pearl jam's musicians and these guys play together all the time". they had such a different energy last night, was incredible. cornells voice, i dont know how he does it still after all these years, but that thing is a national treasure. ok back to the covers tho..

river of deceit- i fell in love with this album it what 95,96 was it and to hear this song live, there are few groupings of musicians on the planet that i feel could do this song justice, and they did, a treat.

never in a million years did i think id hear fascination street- that is such a great song, and i saw it at msg just 4 months ago, so it was fun to relive bit of that amazing night

jump into the fire- such a great song to pull out, lcd soundsystem cover it and i saw them do it at their "last ever" concert in '11 at msg. and who doesnt hear this song and immediately think theres helicopters following them driving guns around town (goodfellas reference)

war pigs- again saw this in feb at the garden with blck sabbath and they absolutely smoked it last night. i bet the "eddie whiners" forgot he wasnt there for those 4 minutes or whatever.

achilles - are you kidding me? every band covers lz but very few can pull it off- that was another gem in a night full of them.

it was a priviledge to see them at msg, and i love that they went full round seating, but it must have been a huge treat to see some of these smaller shows, that energy must be off the charts. wish philly was after nyc, id go see another one of these.

luckily i didnt sit near any eddie whiners but holy crap at the bar before people were going nuts, CONVINCED he would show up. peopel were betting on it, ugh. at first i tried to temper peoples expectations so they can enjoy this amazing show, but then i jsut said fuck it, theres no hope trying to help these people. hope they let go and enjoyed it. i like how they played hunger strike early enough to get people's minds off the notion.

anyway GREAT show.. as was said above, what a 2016!

Agree with all of this and saw some of the same shows you did (the Cure, Sabbath) and was equally thrilled to hear those songs. In fact, if you asked me to list my favorite Bowie, Zep and Cure songs, Quicksand, Achilles Last Stand and Fascination Street would be at or near the top for all three bands! And I thought the version of Jump into the Fire was phenomenal. As a dire hard Zep fan, i can tell you that what they pulled off on Achilles is no easy achievement. They all stepped up. Loved Jeff's baseline on Fascination Street, but was blown away by his base work on Jump into the Fire and Achilles. Matt was doing work all night as usual! And Mike really enjoyed himself on the Zeppelin
    6/3/06 (East Rutherford 2)
    6/24/08 (MSG1)
    6/25/08 (MSG2)
    7/1/08 (Beacon Theater -NYC)
    10/30/09 (Philly3)
    5/18/10 (Newark, NJ)
    5/20/10 (MSG1)
    5/21/10 (MSG2)
    10/18/13 (Brooklyn 1)
    10/19/13 (Brooklyn 2)
    5/1/16 (MSG 1)
    5/2/16 (MSG 2)
    3/30/20 (MSG)
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    NYCPJ said:

nycrats said:

yeah that was awesome!

i avoided here and basically any music site because i wanted to be surprised by who else theyd play and boy was i surprised. the totd stuff was incredible, i love that they opened w say hello, quite fitting. and i kept saying to myself how great and tight they sounded and i had to be like "duh, its pearl jam's musicians and these guys play together all the time". they had such a different energy last night, was incredible. cornells voice, i dont know how he does it still after all these years, but that thing is a national treasure. ok back to the covers tho..

river of deceit- i fell in love with this album it what 95,96 was it and to hear this song live, there are few groupings of musicians on the planet that i feel could do this song justice, and they did, a treat.

never in a million years did i think id hear fascination street- that is such a great song, and i saw it at msg just 4 months ago, so it was fun to relive bit of that amazing night

jump into the fire- such a great song to pull out, lcd soundsystem cover it and i saw them do it at their "last ever" concert in '11 at msg. and who doesnt hear this song and immediately think theres helicopters following them driving guns around town (goodfellas reference)

war pigs- again saw this in feb at the garden with blck sabbath and they absolutely smoked it last night. i bet the "eddie whiners" forgot he wasnt there for those 4 minutes or whatever.

achilles - are you kidding me? every band covers lz but very few can pull it off- that was another gem in a night full of them.

it was a priviledge to see them at msg, and i love that they went full round seating, but it must have been a huge treat to see some of these smaller shows, that energy must be off the charts. wish philly was after nyc, id go see another one of these.

luckily i didnt sit near any eddie whiners but holy crap at the bar before people were going nuts, CONVINCED he would show up. peopel were betting on it, ugh. at first i tried to temper peoples expectations so they can enjoy this amazing show, but then i jsut said fuck it, theres no hope trying to help these people. hope they let go and enjoyed it. i like how they played hunger strike early enough to get people's minds off the notion.

Agree with all of this and saw some of the same shows you did (the Cure, Sabbath) and was equally thrilled to hear those songs. In fact, if you asked me to list my favorite Bowie, Zep and Cure songs, Quicksand, Achilles Last Stand and Fascination Street would be at or near the top for all three bands! And I thought the version of Jump into the Fire was phenomenal. As a dire hard Zep fan, i can tell you that what they pulled off on Achilles is no easy achievement. They all stepped up. Loved Jeff's baseline on Fascination Street, but was blown away by his base work on Jump into the Fire and Achilles. Matt was doing work all night as usual! And Mike really enjoyed himself on the Zeppelin
    Exactly dude. A lot of stuff last night that is not easy to play. Even some temple stuff like Pushing Forward Back is not easy. I always knew our band was top notch but the level that can play it shined more last night then at a typical PJ show. Incredible.
  • seanwonseanwon Posts: 264
    nycrats said:

No kidding! The "Eddie Eddie" chant broke out around me before they played Hungerstrike. During the encore set, they started doing it again! What, you think he is sitting backstage and is going to make an appearance, but DIDN'T come out for Hungerstrike? Unreal. What an incredible show though. Great time.

1996: 9/29 Randall's Island 2,  10/1 Buffalo                  2000: 8/27 Saratoga Springs
    2003: 4/29 Albany,  5/2 Buffalo,  7/9 MSG 2                   2006: 5/12 Albany,  6/3 East Rutherford 2
    2008: 6/27 Hartford                 2009: 10/27 Philadelphia 1              2010: 5/15 Hartford,   5/21 MSG 2
    2013: 10/15 Worcester 1,  10/25 Hartford                       2014: 10/1 Cincinnati
    2016: 5/2 MSG 2,   8/5 Fenway 1,  11/7 Temple of the Dog MSG
    2018: 9/2 Fenway 1
    2020: 3/30 MSG             2022: 9/11 MSG            2023: 9/10 Noblesville
  • PaigePaige Posts: 365
    I was blown away.
    I avoided reading about Philly so I would be surprised and I was totally knocked out by "Seasons." Loved Chris' story about seeing Jeff's prop tape for the movie with a list of songs and how he wanted to write one with each of those titles. And then really blown away by "Missing," I thought that was a great tune.
    Loved the 1-2 punch of "Holy Roller" with "Reach Down."
    Chris definitely brought Andy with him.
    Won't soon forget this one.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,439
    Suziemay said:

MATT FUCKING CAMERON!

That's all I have to say :)

Seriously. Those drums made my organs shake. Amazing.
  • Awesome set list. Highlights were the Mother Love Bone tunes and Seasons! Mad Season tune was awesome as well.
    Thanks so much 10Club.
    11/7/16 Temple of the Dog, MSG, NYC
    8/7/16 Fenway Park II, Boston
    5/2/16 MSG II, NYC
    5/1/16 MSG I, NYC
    5/21/10 MSG II, NYC
    5/15/10 Hartford, CT
    8/02/08 Eddie Vedder - Boston, MA
    6/28/08 Mansfield, MA
    6/27/08 Hartford, CT
    5/13/06 Hartford, CT
    5/12/06 Albany, NY
    9/13/98 Hartford, CT
    10/2/96 Hartford, CT
    4/6/94 Springfield, MA
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,717
    Remember that time we saw a concert on a Monday night not knowing how scary the world would become the following night?
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,171

Remember that time we saw a concert on a Monday night not knowing how scary the world would become the following night?

:lol::cry:
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,956

Actually though...it's a bit disappointing that the events of the following night will be associated with this extremely special concert.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.

Actually though...it's a bit disappointing that the events of the following night will be associated with this extremely special concert.
    Music heals though. Listened to some temple earlier today and de-stressed a bit.
    severed hand thirteen

• Is there any special reason why they are playing Seasons or is it just a Chris Cornell solo tune they enjoy playing?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739

Is there any special reason why they are playing Seasons or is it just a Chris Cornell solo tune they enjoy playing?

I think it just fit into the time frame of everything.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mcgruff10 said:

Is there any special reason why they are playing Seasons or is it just a Chris Cornell solo tune they enjoy playing?

Timeframe of a whole show, or timeframe of learning new songs or timeframe of being from that era(?) :)
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    edited November 2016
    seanwon said:

nycrats said:

No kidding! The "Eddie Eddie" chant broke out around me before they played Hungerstrike. During the encore set, they started doing it again! What, you think he is sitting backstage and is going to make an appearance, but DIDN'T come out for Hungerstrike? Unreal. What an incredible show though. Great time.

Eddie was spotted at LGA airport, so I'm sure he was backstage. Oh and speaking of Ed, I didn't wanna see do Hungerstrike with the band or come out for other songs. I'm glad these shows are just TOTD members
    Post edited by Gary Carter on
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

seanwon said:

nycrats said:

Eddie was spotted at LGA airport, so I'm sure he was backstage. Oh and speaking of Ed, I didn't wanna see do Hungerstrike with the band or come out for other songs. I'm glad these shows are just TOTD members
    Me too!
    severed hand thirteen

• pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    edited November 2016
    Whoa River of Deceit!!! :time_out:
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739

mcgruff10 said:

Timeframe of a whole show, or timeframe of learning new songs or timeframe of being from that era(?) :)
    Timeframe of songs from that era. Pretty sure totd songs and seasons were written at the same time.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,164

mcgruff10 said:

I think timeframe of that era. Chris mentioned in Philly 2 that Jeff had thrown out a bunch of random song titles and Chris thought it would be fun to write actual songs. He mentioned there were 5 songs but I only caught 4: Seasons, Spoonman, Flutter Girl, Missing. They've been paying Seasons and Missing.
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,171
    Suziemay said:

mcgruff10 said:

I think timeframe of that era. Chris mentioned in Philly 2 that Jeff had thrown out a bunch of random song titles and Chris thought it would be fun to write actual songs. He mentioned there were 5 songs but I only caught 4: Seasons, Spoonman, Flutter Girl, Missing. They've been paying Seasons and Missing.
    Be great if they played Birth Ritual!
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Great show! A lot better than I was expecting. . You could tell they were having a blast too so I wouldn't be surprised if they came back around. I'm not a big Mother Love Bone fan but did enjoy their take on the songs. Honestly was kind of weird to me how Pearl Jam was like a completely different band. Probably enjoyed the structure of a short tour playing the same songs as opposed to 3 hours a night of mixing it up? I don't know but I loved it. I did kind of hope Eddie came out for Hunger Strike but otherwise, I was super happy with what they did. Also loved that they didn't play PJ and Soundgarden tunes and stuck to covers from around the era of ToTD or that they were into from that era. Getting to hear Seasons and River of Deceit live? Are you fucking kidding me? Awesome! And man were they fucking tight on Achille's Last Stand! Really loved Fascination Street too! I'd love an official boot, but let's be real that probably won't happen due to all the covers. But if anybody can steer me in the direction of unofficial boots that would be much appreciated! Hopefully we haven't seen the last of ToTD and to everyone going on the west coast - you're in for a treat!
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,275
    Music was fabulous. Had a great time but could have done with the light up Andy..it was super hokey.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!