Any watch aficionados know what Eddie was wearing tonight?

I never noticed Eddie wearing watches, but he had something huge strapped to his wrist tonight. Just curious, I like watches but didn't recognize his.

Comments

• ItIsAllAboutPJItIsAllAboutPJ S.B., CA Posts: 829
    I have noticed Eddie wearing watches all the time... if you look, you will see that from day 1 he's often got a watch on when not on stage.
    However, they weren't as fancy as this one....I love the old style Casio he used to wear.
    I figured he's a little obsessed with time and all the demands there are on it.
  • mschostokmschostok Chicago, IL Posts: 858
    Noticed that, too. Love watches but can't make his out. It's nice, though.
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    Eddie Vedder Obama Farewell Address 2017
    Eddie Vedder Louisville, KY 2017
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020
  • gleng2gleng2 Detroit Posts: 157
    I did a autograph signing with Chris Chelios. And he complimented my Shinola watch. He added that he was gonna make sure Eddie got one too. Shinola does make a Green face watch that looks close.
    Former member of “Thomas 9” 10-2-2018 #neverforget
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,872
    edited October 2016
    gleng2 said:

I did a autograph signing with Chris Chelios. And he complimented my Shinola watch. He added that he was gonna make sure Eddie got one too. Shinola does make a Green face watch that looks close.

whenever i see the Shinola name I think of the movie The Jerk

• a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,834
    gleng2 said:

really like those watches too, just a little out of my price range.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,588
    Wondered the same thing when I saw him last night on the tube.
    I have a very nice watch that I have worn every day for the past 20 or so years. Only time it comes off is if it got a service.
    The only thing I asked for when my father passed away was his watch. High end starts with a R and ends with an X. Too gaudy for me at this point so it sits in my safe. At one point I will wear it.
    I always look at people's watches....I see a lot of people that would normally sport very expensive time pieces wearing apple watches these days. Didn't initially realize that Apple pimped some of them out to be more expensive as well.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • ceskaceska New York Posts: 1,075
    The watch may look cool by itself but, damn, looks like he is wearing a rock on his wrist That's gotta be uncomfortable. At least it would for me, I like a slim watch that slides under my sleeve cuff.
  • gleng2gleng2 Detroit Posts: 157
    a5pj said:

gleng2 said:

Look on eBay. I just got a $925 retail one for $345. Brand new in box

Former member of “Thomas 9” 10-2-2018 #neverforget
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,164
    Hah. I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed the watch. I love watches. But my first thought was, why the f does anyone need such a big watch :lol:
  • Wondered the same thing when I saw him last night on the tube.
    I have a very nice watch that I have worn every day for the past 20 or so years. Only time it comes off is if it got a service.
    The only thing I asked for when my father passed away was his watch. High end starts with a R and ends with an X. Too gaudy for me at this point so it sits in my safe. At one point I will wear it.
    I always look at people's watches....I see a lot of people that would normally sport very expensive time pieces wearing apple watches these days. Didn't initially realize that Apple pimped some of them out to be more expensive as well.

I hear you. I got my Grandfather's 1961 Longines. Those Swiss can make phenomenal watches. I don't feel bad about wearing this one. The difference in quality with a Rolex is pretty minimal but the price tag isn't. Rolex king of branding.
  • I have seen pictures of Tom Ricketts wearing what looks to be the same watch (I follow some of the watch forums). it has no branding/logo on the face so it's not easily identifiable. obviously there is some connection there though, whether it was a gift or a mutual investment.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,588

I hear you. I got my Grandfather's 1961 Longines. Those Swiss can make phenomenal watches. I don't feel bad about wearing this one. The difference in quality with a Rolex is pretty minimal but the price tag isn't. Rolex king of branding.
    I like my Tag better and I don't feel like someone is going to cut my hand off to get it. The Rolex makes me feel like that. Cool to have it and hey, if I ever lost everything my dad would be able to help me out with a nice chunk o change. Until then, it stays in the safe and if I want to feel something cool I can put it on.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524

I've got my dad's 1953 Omega
    Rarely wear it but don't let it collect dust.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    It is funny what people spend their money on. I don't see the point on spending money on watches but it is just jewelry at the end of the day and some people love jewelry.
  • a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,834
    gleng2 said:

a5pj said:

gleng2 said:

Sweet thanks, yeah I've looked there. Still kinda expensive though. I have a ~200 bulovia and the wife wasn't happy with that at all.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• I have seen pictures of Tom Ricketts wearing what looks to be the same watch (I follow some of the watch forums). it has no branding/logo on the face so it's not easily identifiable. obviously there is some connection there though, whether it was a gift or a mutual investment.

You are on to something. I found an image of him wearing the same watch. Has to be a connection.

• korn-1korn-1 Los Angeles, transplanted from Chicago Posts: 914
    I noticed it last night too, doesnt look nearly as big in the Ricketts photo, think we all might have been fooled by the the camera
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me
  • -decodified--decodified- mobile device Posts: 2,686

I have seen pictures of Tom Ricketts wearing what looks to be the same watch (I follow some of the watch forums). it has no branding/logo on the face so it's not easily identifiable. obviously there is some connection there though, whether it was a gift or a mutual investment.

You are on to something. I found an image of him wearing the same watch. Has to be a connection.

Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 15, 2006
    Outside Lands Festival - Aug 28, 2009
    Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009
    Viejas Arena - Oct 09, 2009
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 23, 2010
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 24, 2010
    Oracle Arena Nov 26, 2013
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 26, 2014
    Parque Simon Bolivar - Bogota, Colombia - Nov 25, 2015 - MY HOMETOWN!!!
    Madison Square Garden - May 01, 2016
    Madison Square Garden - May 02, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 22, 2016 - MY B-DAY!!!

dL7POFOTD9H0c.gif
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited October 2016
    I have never seen EV without a big watch. I wonder how big his watch collection is? I like watches. I don't wear them anymore, but before smartphones, I was always in the market for a good watch.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    gleng2 said:

a5pj said:

gleng2 said:

Watch out (pun intended) for fakes on eBay man.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • KV4053KV4053 Mike's side, crushed up against the stage Posts: 1,434
    We all wanted the corduroy jacket and now we all want the watch
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • Panerai Radiomir (California?)
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    I don't like the watch that much, but I do like watches in general. (The huge watch thing escapes me.)
  • BissBiss Posts: 255
    Hello everybody!
    I'm a big PJ fan as a super watch enthusiast, I wonder if you guys can help me with this Instagram project I have about watch stories.

The idea is to share with us your watch story and send us pictures of your timepiece.

Follow us! Our instagram page is: https://www.instagram.com/about_your_timepieces/

Thanks and Keep on Rockin'!

Andrea
    00: Milan
    06: Verona, Milan, Pistoia
    07: Storm in Venice, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    08: Camden I, MSG I, MSG II, Hartford
    09: Berlin, Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, Berlin, Venice
    11: East Troy1, East Troy2, Montreal, Toronto1, Toronto2

Next Tour: everywere!
    Eddie Vedder at an event for Pearl Jam Twenty 2011
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020
    ^^^ any ideas? Probably the most formal watch I've seen him wear.
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020
  • that looks like a Cartier
    that looks like a Cartier
    You very well could be right. I didn't think Cartier made circle faced watches though? Whatever it is, it's elegant.
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020
    edited January 2020
    I have two expensive/fancy pants watches and I for the last year I have worn my Polar running watch everywhere.  :lol: 
    Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
  • if you blow it up you can see the roman numerals and the blue hands, usually a tell tale sign of a cartier
    could be this bad boy:  https://www.cartier.com/en-us/collections/watches/mens-watches/ronde-de-cartier/ronde-solo-de-cartier/wsrn0022-ronde-solo-de-cartier-watch.html