What is the most rare PJ poster of all?

Comments

• nowinvisiblynowinvisibly Minneapolis Posts: 12
    hrd2imgn said:

there was an Ames Roadkill poster that was one of the first if not the first....gross a dog with its head split open on the pavement. Was an all leg poster for 94. The ugly ass snake charmers were 95. I have seen that piano one pop up from time to time. Blackie I have seen a total of one time in 7 years or so. Anything 98 and below is pretty rare if you want to draw straws you can. The bulls poster I have never seen for sale ever until this auction. I have only seen a shitty graphic of it Kat put on from the old 5H concert chron, this is the first photo of it I have seen. lets face it there are a lot of rare ones. A singular holy grail is impossible to determine as we all have our own to find...

Coming in late to the discussion, but I have (from a gift from my ex) two proofs of the posters (untrimmed with the registration marks) - one of the roadkill poster and one of the piano. I was just doing some searching online to get an idea of what they're worth because I'm moving cross country when I ran across this thread. I had no idea that gross dog was so rare! ^_^
    member 200xxx
    - - - 
    Seattle, Washington (November 05, 2000)
    St. Paul, Minnesota (June 16, 2003)
    St. Paul, Minnesota (June 26, 2006)
    St. Paul, Minnesota (June 27, 2006)
  • Haywood YablomeeHaywood Yablomee Posts: 608
    edited May 2014
    The first three Ames posters (official PJ posters) were the '93 marionette poster, the '94 "On the Road" poster & '95 Japan/Australia firecracker poster. None are in the Ames book, it's missing the '98 Seattle poster too.
    hrd2imgn said:

the first Ames stuff was around 94 if I recall, I would have to pull out the book...

Post edited by Haywood Yablomee on
  • Haywood YablomeeHaywood Yablomee Posts: 608
    edited May 2014
    Double post

Post edited by Haywood Yablomee on
  • jbandlisajbandlisa Posts: 37
    Bonner Springs, KS 2003 is hard to come by, as many were damaged in the severe thunderstorm that delayed the start of the show. Still in the market for an Ames original of that.
    KC 98 00 03 10
    Council Bluffs 03
    PJ20 (1 & 2)
    Wrigley 13, 16 (1 & 2), 18 (1 & 2)
    OKC 13
    Lincoln 14
    Moline 14
    St. Paul 14
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    edited May 2014
    Well, how about this ...

A 1 of 1, personally hand colored print by EMEK himself.

Emek took a copy with only the back screen laid down (at least, it appears that way) and then hand colored the rest of the print.

Just sold for almost $5k here ... http://auction.sixtiesposters.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=3420638

Post edited by jimed14 on
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • aurynsdadaurynsdad Posts: 769
    That one is so beautiful, and also the only show last year I was at :)
    10/31/93 Berkeley (Baba!), 10/1/94 Bridge School, 9/16/96 Seattle (In My Tree!), 10/19/96 & 10/20/96 B. School (Alt Corduroy & Alt Porch!), 10/25/03 B. School, 6/1/03 Mtnview (Crazy Mary! You Are!), 11/29/13 Portland (All Those Yesterdays! Even Flow!), 10/25/14 Bridge School (Rain! Fuckin Up! TOTD!), 5/13/22 Oakland (W.M.A.! Immortality!)
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited May 2014
    jimed14 said:

Well, how about this ...

A 1 of 1, personally hand colored print by EMEK himself.

Emek took a copy with only the back screen laid down (at least, it appears that way) and then hand colored the rest of the print.

Just sold for almost $5k here ... http://auction.sixtiesposters.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=3420638

That is fucking amazing. I already love the regular Portland poster, but this one blows me away. Wish he'd printed that so I could have one!

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Uncle SnuffyUncle Snuffy Posts: 950
    Fun looking at all the old psychadelic posters from the 60's. Amazing how valuable some of those are. But then again posters back then weren't mass produced to collect like all the newer PJ posters are these days.

- Uncle Snuffy
    Soldier Field - Jul 11, 1995, Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996,
    Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Stadium - Nov 14, 1997,
    Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Stadium - Nov 15, 1997, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Jun 26, 1998, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Jun 27, 1998, United Center - Jun 29, 1998, Riverport Amphitheatre - Jul 02, 1998, Allstate Arena - Oct 09, 2000, Assembly Hall - Apr 23, 2003
    United Center - Jun 18, 2003, Fox Theatre - Oct 05, 2004, United Center - May 16, 2006, United Center - May 17, 2006, United Center - Aug 23, 2009, United Center - Aug 24, 2009, Sprint Center - May 03, 2010, Scottrade Center - May 04, 2010, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,939
    I would like to chime and say that this poster from Seattle 2000 is a very rare one.

photo IS_zpsfb35f1df.jpg

from Expresso Beans:
    "This poster/flyer has long been incorrectly associated with Ames Design. The status of obtaining this poster remains a mystery."

Simply put, it's impossible to obtain.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • HoccapukHoccapuk Posts: 492
    To reflect this round of mystery posters, thought i'd bump this :)
  • Peasant TentsPeasant Tents UK Posts: 834
    I have 3/10 of Eddie at Hammersmith 31/12/12 S/N by Demones. He massively underestimated the demand ! Such a cool guy too..
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Tillbe said:

1st Edition Frank Kozik Pearl Jam/Soundgarden double bill
    http://www.thecolorsblend.com/article_holy_grail.php

This is the one I want most. Saw it hanging on the wall of a company I work with -- could not get them to let me have it. ;(
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • nthngsms2flynthngsms2fly Posts: 121
    Istanbul 96 is one of the rarer ones that I would love to get my hands on.
    expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/1606
  • JB128716JB128716 Posts: 2,064
    on2legs said:

Hoccapuk said:

Just thought i'd have a little fun and see what everyone feels is the rarest PJ poster out there. I'm going to say the 1994 chicago stadium print since it never actually appears.

That poster just sold on ebay this week for $1,500 and it was autographed by Ed to the Frogs. The guy selling it is the son of one of the guys in the band. I actually think it was a bargain at that price considering it is personalized from Ed on top of being such a hard to find poster.

I hope this is real. I like the idea of Ed complaining about a setlist like all his fans do to him.
    92 - Orlando
    03 - Tampa
    08 - Tampa
    12 - DeLuna Fest, EV Orlando 1 & 2, EV Ft Lauderdale 1 & 2
    13 - Wrigley!!! ,Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford, OKC, Seattle
    14 - Leeds, Milton Keynes, St Louis
    16 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 & 2
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    edited July 2014
    I'm thinking the London Police artists signed Amsterdam 1 poster will soon be on short lists. Only 88 sold, signed & hand numbered.. only sold at Pop Up store day before show. No show versions....

Post edited by myoung321 on
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• AMO28AMO28 Posts: 70
    Just wondering and it's not really a Show poster but is the poster from MSG 04' (Danny Clinch) taken from behind the band rare? I rarely see it up for sale and it seems awfully expensive when it does!
    4/8/94(Patriot Center),
    9/28/96-9/29/96(Randalls Island)
    9/8/98 (CAA,NJ)
    8/23/00-8/24/00-8/25/00(Jones Beach)
    7/8/03 &7/9/03(MSG)
    7/14/03(PNC,NJ)
    10/1/05(AC,NJ)
    6/1/06 (CAA,NJ)
    5/21/10 (MSG)
    10/19/13 (Brooklyn)
    5/2/16 (MSG)
    9/2/18 (Fenway)
    Sea Hear Now Asbury Park 2021
    9/11/22 MSG
    TotD 11/7/16 (MSG)
    EV (NJPAC) 2/6

• FatassFatass Posts: 47

The first official posters I am aware of are the variations of the one I defaced in my avatar from the 95 tour.

I have that one framed along with two pairs of unused tickets (ames bros) to the show(s). The show was at Tad Gromley (sp) stadium and was cancelled and rescheduled. My buddy and I went to New Orleans anyway. I can post a pic if anyone is interested. ; )

• bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,084
    AMO28 said:

Just wondering and it's not really a Show poster but is the poster from MSG 04' (Danny Clinch) taken from behind the band rare? I rarely see it up for sale and it seems awfully expensive when it does!

I can't imagine so. It was only $10 from 10C if I recall correctly. In saying that, the 95 Asia/Pacific tour poster was $2 at the show, I think! I wish I'd bought a few (or at least one!).
  • brolocobroloco Posts: 1,237
    edited July 2014
    Someone should make a list by name/year
    Post edited by broloco on
  • sonnasonna Posts: 377
    Hopefully the Manchester 2012 variants are thrown in i.e. Wookie/stained glass etc. I'd settle for one of those.
    29/05/2000
    17/08/2009
    22/06/2010
    23/06/2010
    20/06/2012
    21/06/2012
    08/07/2014
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,847
    The Don Pendleton Pop up shop with the screwed up date only has 33 out there. Not sure if you can call it a show but it's rare. I'm pretty sure that not a lot of people want it but if you did you're not getting it now anyways.
  • GarasaurasGarasauras Ontario Posts: 230

The Don Pendleton Pop up shop with the screwed up date only has 33 out there. Not sure if you can call it a show but it's rare. I'm pretty sure that not a lot of people want it but if you did you're not getting it now anyways.

I was lucky to get number 27. The date mistake was no big deal. It's kind of like a vinyl mispressing with the wrong label. I always wondered how many he actually sold, he shut down sales shortly after I bought mine.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,847

I was lucky to get number 27. The date mistake was no big deal. It's kind of like a vinyl mispressing with the wrong label. I always wondered how many he actually sold, he shut down sales shortly after I bought mine.
    Someone else actually has one! Nice! Yep only 33 out there. Mr Pendleton actually wrote to me about how many went out. I actually like this poster too, plus I was there.

• GarasaurasGarasauras Ontario Posts: 230

Someone else actually has one! Nice! Yep only 33 out there. Mr Pendleton actually wrote to me about how many went out. I actually like this poster too, plus I was there.

Yeah I actually like it too. I was emailing back and fourth with Don also, but didn't discuss the actual number he sold. He just said that it would be one of his rarest ever. I've never seen one for sale anywhere. Not that I'd sell mine anyway.
  • par10kerpar10ker Posts: 27
    I love my '94 Ames "On the Road" poster.
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    Necropost!!

I just saw a 1998 Pittsburgh variant(?) on Facebook. Apparently, there's only about 100 of them and two sellers want about $1000 on ebay.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • bosshogg18bosshogg18 Tacoma, WA Posts: 1,081
    jbandlisa said:

Bonner Springs, KS 2003 is hard to come by, as many were damaged in the severe thunderstorm that delayed the start of the show. Still in the market for an Ames original of that.

So glad I put mine in the car before the start of the show. Not because I knew it was going to rain but because I was being lazy and didn't want to hold it.
    What an experience. Couldn't have been more soaked than if I had jumped in a lake.
  • ski-bumski-bum Boston Posts: 1,010
    The EMEK Santa Barbara 2006 has to be one of the rarest.
    It's on eBay right now for $4900.00
    9/15/98 - Great Woods................9/29/04 - Fleet Center.....................8/02/08 - Opera House (EV)............10/16/13 - DCU Center
    8/29/00 - Tweeter Center............5/24/06 - Banknorth Garden............5/17/10 - Banknorth Garden.............08/05/16 - Fenway Park
    7/11/03 - Tweeter Center............5/25/06 - Banknorth Garden............6/16/11 - Wang Theatre (EV)............08/07/16 - Fenway Park
    9/28/04 - Fleet Center................6/30/08 - Tweeter Center
  • BALLBOYBALLBOY Australia Posts: 990
    Sydney 98 is the one I would love the most such a great theme with the crocodile playing the guitar & I will always give myself grief over not buying it at the time. The 98 tour is when the posters really started to come the fore & become a massive part of the band & collecting
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14
  • SS657083SS657083 Posts: 123
    Bumping this REALLY old thread - but wanted to know everyone's opinion - do you think that the Missoula poster has taken the top spot for the rarest, most controversial poster from PJ?