Options

Help! What did I miss out on w/ TMR

Hey all,

I foolishly did not act on the Third Man Records offer earlier this year. What did I miss out on and is there a way to rectify this? I see stuff on ebay and on the TMR site (though it says I must be a subscriber). Was there anything exclusive that you could only get through the 10C promo offer, or is it just a matter of signing up with Jack White's service and then paying for the LP? Is eBay a more affordable way to go?

Appreciate anyone who can fill me on what all this was about.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    ravilloriasravillorias Paris Posts: 458
    10C promo consisted on some discount on TMR subscription.
    Yes, in order to get PJ record on TMR, a subscription was needed.
    I think the only way you can get one of those is on the flea market.
    -- rafa
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,890

The secondary market is your only chance to get this set (Vault 29) now. If you subscribe to Third Man now, you'll get Vault 30 which is a different package. The whole package was exclusive. The only thing that you could get through the one-time Ten Club subscription offer was a $15 discount on the normal price. Check eBay, Discogs, and the Lost Dogs forum to name a few if you want to pick up the Pearl Jam @ TMR set.
  • Options
    NM70698NM70698 Posts: 74
    I have a near mint copy of the entire package that I am willing to sell for a fair price. Record played only once, photo book never even opened. I'm trying to generate extra funds to see another show on the Temple tour. PM me if interested.
  • Options
    NM70698 said:

I have a near mint copy of the entire package that I am willing to sell for a fair price. Record played only once, photo book never even opened. I'm trying to generate extra funds to see another show on the Temple tour. PM me if interested.

There's a great first post!
  • Options

Thanks everyone for the info! What was the cost of the Vault 29 package+Subscription? (Just so I have an idea of eBay markups)
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    It was $60.00, but 10club members got a $15 discount, so $45.00, plus free shipping in the US.
    Quite the good deal.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Poncier said:

It was $60.00, but 10club members got a $15 discount, so $45.00, plus free shipping in the US.
    Quite the good deal.

Agreed. I don't think that you are going to touch it for even close to that on the secondary market though. They were listed on eBay for sale before they even shipped and I know that the going rate there was around $245 or so.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    You shouldn't pay more than 100.
  • Options
    I stand corrected. They are selling for $70 only.
  • Options
    interested in one if anyone has extra.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,534
    edited October 2016

Yeah, and there are loads of them. The price isn't too likely to ever go above $100 for this one.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    If you spend $245 on one of these you should smack yourself in the face.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    cjzolycjzoly Posts: 508

If you spend $245 on one of these you should smack yourself in the face.

And nuts...
    I'm a Thief, I'm a Liar, There's my Church, I sing in the Choir...Hallelujah...
  • Options

Thanks to all! What does Ed play on the 7" ?
  • Options
    cjzolycjzoly Posts: 508
    Out of Sand...I believe...
    I'm a Thief, I'm a Liar, There's my Church, I sing in the Choir...Hallelujah...
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418

Thanks to all! What does Ed play on the 7" ?

New original song, "Out of Sand." Low quality since it was recorded in the record booth.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    PJ_Soul said:

Yeah, and there are loads of them. The price isn't too likely to ever go above $100 for this one.
    Maybe this year. 3-5 yrs from now?
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148

PJ_Soul said:

Maybe this year. 3-5 yrs from now?
    Possibly, but everyone and their mom bought this. There's more
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    $100 tops...the tippity tippity tops
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,867
    Sounds great, like you are right there, worth picking up if you actually will spin it
  • Options

A member here randomly messaged me offering the whole Vault 29 package for $75, shipped. Spun it yesterday and sounds great!

Thanks to all for the info and comments. :)