No Code / Yield Reissues, Why Don't We Have Them Already?

1235»

Comments

• cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    13 days later and my No Code is still a little too attached to Mama Warehouse. LOL
  • OttOtt Posts: 403
    Haaaaaa! And now, my 7 has shipped while my No Code approaches day 12 on the shelf!
    'Give me some music; music, moody food/ of us that trade in love'
    -Shakespeare
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited September 2016
    lolobugg said:

You need to familiarize yourself with a little service called Mail Innovations.
    check out this thread:
    http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/259946/ups-mail-innovations-vs-the-pony-express#latest

Mail Innovations is terrible, but it can't all be blamed on them. If 10C wanted members to get these before or on the release date (as would be reasonably expected. That is the whole point of presales), they would have had to start packaging and shipping WAY earlier than they did. I think that this should absolutely be expected of 10C. Why do a presale of albums that are readily available via retail stores unless your plan is to make sure that your members get them on release day????
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • OttOtt Posts: 403
    PJ_Soul said:

lolobugg said:

check out this thread:
    http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/259946/ups-mail-innovations-vs-the-pony-express#latest

Mail Innovations is terrible, but it can't all be blamed on them. If 10C wanted members to get these before or on the release date (as would be reasonably expected. That is the whole point of presales), they would have had to start packaging and shipping WAY earlier than they did. I think that this should absolutely be expected of 10C. Why do a presale of albums that are readily available via retail stores unless your plan is to make sure that your members get them on release day????
    Also-it probably isn't the fault of M.I. that there are albums sitting at the warehouse for two weeks waiting for a ride.
    'Give me some music; music, moody food/ of us that trade in love'
    -Shakespeare
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited September 2016
    Ott said:

PJ_Soul said:

lolobugg said:

check out this thread:

Also-it probably isn't the fault of M.I. that there are albums sitting at the warehouse for two weeks waiting for a ride.
    Exactly. Of course I know that none of us who already understand how 10C operates in this context should have expected to get these in a timely fashion, but what about all the poor suckers who didn't know that 10C shipping/presale timing is pretty much the worst in the business? That's gotta be extra frustrating. If I EVER buy an album in a presale, I expect it to at least be shipped and on its way to me by the release date unless something went wrong with the manufacturing, which isn't the case here.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    PJ_Soul said:

Ott said:

PJ_Soul said:

lolobugg said:

check out this thread:

Exactly. Of course I know that none of us who already understand how 10C operates in this context should have expected to get these in a timely fashion, but what about all the poor suckers who didn't know that 10C shipping/presale timing is pretty much the worst in the business? That's gotta be extra frustrating. If I EVER buy an album in a presale, I expect it to at least be shipped and on its way to me by the release date unless something went wrong with the manufacturing, which isn't the case here.
    At least I know now that I'll not be pre-ordering TOTD on vinyl from 10C, especially since they want to charge you upfront and don't even have a release date yet. It's almost as if we're "crowdfunding" the re-release....kind of sad honestly. With what I've experienced and have seen reported by others over the last several weeks in regards to vinyls, bootlegs, etc., I'm sad to say that future 10C purchases will be extremely sparse.
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    It's unbelievable.
    The TMR blue acoustic record that I ordered yesterday has already begun its processing. I will not be the least bit surprised if/when it arrives here before Yield, which is the only of the 4 records I bought thru 10C that has even moved, albeit extremely f'n molasses-like in nature.
    These came out almost two weeks ago.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • I just bought a Keysmart on Thursday and they use Mail Innovations, so I thought oh no, it will be weeks before I see it. But it will be delivered tomorrow. Just thought I'd share.
    Target Center - Jun 30, 1998
    Allstate Arena - Oct 09, 2000
    Xcel Energy Center - Jun 16, 2003
    United Center - Jun 18, 2003
    Fort William Garden - Sep 09, 2005
    Xcel Energy Center - Jun 27, 2006
    United Center - Aug 23, 2009
    Xcel Energy Center - Oct 19, 2014
    Xcel Energy Center - August 31, 2023
    Xcel Energy Center - September 2, 2023
  • drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011

Ott said:

Same sinking boat as all the other Texans. Yield due in San Antonio yesterday. Still in Dallas. No Code started the process eleven days ago, and still hasn't left the warehouse. The slow crawl of the M.I. routes aside, how in the hell do products sit on a shelf for eleven days?! Especially as other products (7's) are shipping and being delivered. Nuts.

Same story here pretty much: Yield was due in Las Vegas yesterday, still floating around in California since Saturday. No Code looks like it might have been transferred to UPS MI today; singles haven't left warehouse. Hoping to see Yield this week. Looks like No Code and singles will be 3 weeks after release date at best.

Nuts indeed.
    UPDATE: Yield and No Code still haven't arrived - meanwhile, the singles which had no tracking updates other than "Shipment information received" on 9/8 just showed up! It boggles the mind...
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Got my singles today.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195

I just bought a Keysmart on Thursday and they use Mail Innovations, so I thought oh no, it will be weeks before I see it. But it will be delivered tomorrow. Just thought I'd share.

Same her on another release order of a different band. We moved so I thought I had at least a week or two to contact them but I received it within 3 business days so it's not MI causing the issue. I had to do a double take when it arrived.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • djklambakedjklambake PHX, AZ Posts: 2,510
    Saw Yield in my favorite record store today... Would've picked it up but it had arrived yesterday in the mail

No Code still hasn't shown up at my house in AZ

Really bummed

Would be in the Ten Club's best interest to see how Third Man Records handles shipping. Seriously, take a field trip to Nashville and see how it's done. I always seem to know what's going on with every TMR vault I order. Their customer service is amazing.

Most of us wouldn't be so impatient if our expectations were managed a little better. An explained wait is much more tolerable than an unexplained one. Even if 10C said "the product got fucked up" or something like that, we can take a deep breath and not worry about when we're getting our goodies.

We also like to see that things are moving along, not "warehouse"

The waiting is the hardest part, but there are better ways to manage it.

None of us really know how taxed 10C is, but some help in this area would go a long way to chill is jumpy members out.
    6/27/98 - East Troy, WI
    6/29/06 - Milwaukee, WI
    9/25/11 - Vancouver, BC
    11/4/12 - (Eddie Vedder) Phoenix, AZ
    11/1/13 - New Orleans, LA
    11/19/13 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/21/13 - San Diego, CA
    10/12/14 - Austin, TX
    10/22/14 - Denver, CO
    8/22/16 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley 2)
  • -decodified--decodified- mobile device Posts: 2,686
    Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 15, 2006
    Outside Lands Festival - Aug 28, 2009
    Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009
    Viejas Arena - Oct 09, 2009
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 23, 2010
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 24, 2010
    Oracle Arena Nov 26, 2013
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 26, 2014
    Parque Simon Bolivar - Bogota, Colombia - Nov 25, 2015 - MY HOMETOWN!!!
    Madison Square Garden - May 01, 2016
    Madison Square Garden - May 02, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 22, 2016 - MY B-DAY!!!

dL7POFOTD9H0c.gif
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    I still don't have anything. Pretty much given up. When it shows up it shows up. What a crappy experience though- in the past I've learned to expect a little delay, but it's been close to the release date so I don't get bothered. This is just ridiculous though
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Today is the fifth day that the tracking shows Yield is IN Dallas, and the expected delivery date was 3 days ago... No Code hasn't left the warehouse yet and that doesnt bother me as much as Yield being a few miles away for 5 days. Tracking is a blessing and a curse. So there are people who still have not gotten thier Deep/FanClub single? dang. i guess i can't complain. Maybe my No Code hasn't left yet because they are waiting on the colored vinyl to arrive so they can ship me one of those........
    Escape is never the safest path....

Atlanta 9.1.98
    Dallas 11.15.13
    Ft. Worth 9.15.23
    edited September 2016

I still don't have anything. Pretty much given up. When it shows up it shows up. What a crappy experience though- in the past I've learned to expect a little delay, but it's been close to the release date so I don't get bothered. This is just ridiculous though

same here... glad I ordered a new turntable and I am waiting for it, I think it will arrive, will set it up and after that hopefully I get the vinyl, I'm getting anxious, no updates on the packages tracking in 48 hrs...

Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009

dL7POFOTD9H0c.gif
  • I am starting to think No Code and singles were packaged together. As if 10C created all the labels then decided to stick in just one package. That may be why those of us who ordered all are seeing all those tracking numbers that don't leave warehouse. I say this because single weight .0375 but single sent out weight is 1.someting unlike rest with the .0375 weight.
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    raystrey said:

I am starting to think No Code and singles were packaged together. As if 10C created all the labels then decided to stick in just one package. That may be why those of us who ordered all are seeing all those tracking numbers that don't leave warehouse. I say this because single weight .0375 but single sent out weight is 1.someting unlike rest with the .0375 weight.

Nope. My No Code is still at warehouse.
    Yield is in Dallas
    BRY 7" is also in Dallas, but separate package.
    Off He Goes 7" is still in Warehouse.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • I got my No Code about a week ago, but am still waiting for the 7 inch I ordered. I am really curious as to why they didn't package them together, especially since I only ordered one 7 inch. I decided not to track it, just hope it arrives soon!
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • korn-1korn-1 Los Angeles, transplanted from Chicago Posts: 914
    After about 2 weeks my yield is finally out for delivery and no code has left the warehouse. Of course im at work so yield will be left hanging out in the mailroom all day or ill have to pick it up tomorrow, no code probably another week.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    Yield received. Yay!!! Oh wait...
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • looks like No Code finally made it out of warehouse today.
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    Hey I got yield today.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.

• Well, No Code has left the building... Maybe they sent No Code to see why Yield has been hanging out in Dallas for 6 days just a few miles from my house.
    JT_JamFan said:

Today is the fifth day that the tracking shows Yield is IN Dallas, and the expected delivery date was 3 days ago... No Code hasn't left the warehouse yet and that doesnt bother me as much as Yield being a few miles away for 5 days. Tracking is a blessing and a curse. So there are people who still have not gotten thier Deep/FanClub single? dang. i guess i can't complain. Maybe my No Code hasn't left yet because they are waiting on the colored vinyl to arrive so they can ship me one of those........

Escape is never the safest path....

Atlanta 9.1.98
    Dallas 11.15.13
    Ft. Worth 9.15.23
  • djklambakedjklambake PHX, AZ Posts: 2,510
    Got notice my No Code is at the post office in my town... Might see it tomorrow
    6/27/98 - East Troy, WI
    6/29/06 - Milwaukee, WI
    9/25/11 - Vancouver, BC
    11/4/12 - (Eddie Vedder) Phoenix, AZ
    11/1/13 - New Orleans, LA
    11/19/13 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/21/13 - San Diego, CA
    10/12/14 - Austin, TX
    10/22/14 - Denver, CO
    8/22/16 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley 2)
  • I received Yield last week. UPS tracking says No Code was delivered yesterday, except, no package has been delivered and I still do not have No Code

got them yesterday!!!

according to tracking yield was supposed to be delivered on Monday and no code + 1 single on Wednesday, other singles only label created but got them all at once, shipping label for all of the singles created individually (but came in 1 package)
    Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009

dL7POFOTD9H0c.gif
  • GummiBeerGummiBeer Newfoundland Canada Posts: 189
    Anyone else in Eastern Canada not receive theirs yet?
    My two were shipped on Sept 2 and still not here :(
    Calgary 04-09-2005
    Edmonton 05-09-2005

"A Thousand Ports of light For the Newfoundland...Theres a Kinder gentler American Band"...EV 25/09/05