I have ONE (1) extra ticket for tonight (08/20) at Wrigley, but.....

JulesTheManJulesTheMan Posts: 39
edited August 2016 in Given To Fly (live)
... I probably will be late arriving, like 8pm. It's 10c Reserved Seating.

Please be a cool person and a serious fan, because I go berserk at shows! If you think Ten was the best album, we're probably not a match.
Post edited by JulesTheMan on

Comments

• JB28277JB28277 Houston Posts: 10
    Ten club member 120xxx got need to get to night. I have GA for Monday to trade. 602 769 0736 text or call
    I will pay for tonight. If you don't want my Monday show.
    Ill be here at 8. The scalpers are trying to get $250 for shitty seats.
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    OP promised the ticket to a friend then didn't have the decency to call text or message saying he sold to someone else.
    Broke the 1 and only rule!
  • MUZIKMUZIK Posts: 627
    edited August 2016
    Not cool @JulesTheMan
    Post edited by MUZIK on
    09.11.98, 08.24.00, 08.25.00, 04.30.03, 07.08.03, 07.08.03, 09.15.05, 09.16.05, 09.19.05, 09.30.05, 10.01.05, 05.12.06, 05.13.06, 05.25.06, 05.27.06, 05.28.06, 06.01.06, 06.03.06, 06.19.08, 06.20.08, 06.22.08, 06.24.08, 06.25.08, 06.27.08, 06.28.08, 06.30.08, 07.01.08, 08.05.08, 08.07.08, 10.27.09, 10.30.09, 10.31.09, 05.18.10, 05.20.10, 05.21.10, 10.15.13, 10.18.13, 10,19,13, 9.23.15, 9.26.15, 04.28.16, 04.29.16, 05.01.16, 05.02.16, 05.06.22, 05.07.22, 09.14.22
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    :nuh_uh: Not nice. I'm sorry, JC.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    sounds like jules is in fact, NOT, "the man"
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
    Exchanged a few calls and texts then he went silent. Almost certain Jules does NOT know the 1 and only rule.
  • swany24swany24 Posts: 52
    Had something similar happen from another 10 Club member, but I was the one with the ticket. I had an extra ticket for Monday and a member said he wanted it and texted me on Thursday making sure it was still available. One of my friends that I had originally asked to go but couldn't, called me on Sunday saying plans had changed and he could now go. I told him that I had already promised someone else. I texted the 10 Club member on Monday afternoon asking him where he wanted to meet, and never heard from him. I waited until 6 pm and then had to sell it to a scalper. I was pissed that my buddy could have came with me had I been told that the member didn't need the ticket. Thankfully the scalper sold the ticket to a really cool guy (thanks Justin the lawyer, if you are a forum reader). Total dick move not letting me know he didn't need the ticket.
    ^^ That sucks. I'm sorry. Thank you for letting us know that the story goes both ways.
    deadendp said:

^^ That sucks. I'm sorry. Thank you for letting us know that the story goes both ways.

Here is the difference between Sat and Mon...Sat you couldn't sniff a ticket, Monday tickets were being giving away. If you were at both nights you know this. If not check these boards and see how many Monday tickets were for sale compared to Sat, check theses boards for those seeking tickets both nights also, no comparison.
    Swany could have easily found his buyer a replacement ticket and had his friend go with, prob a much better ticket than the one he was selling, as I'm sure that's what his buyer did.
    Furthermore, if the friend was at Wrigley on Mon he could have easily found a ticket literary for free or for half face value, my friend was there Sat and had the choice to spend $350 or risk buying a fake.
    Further support to my argument contained I. these answers:
    Ticket location?
    Why did swany sell to a scalper?
    How much did he get for the ticket?
    How much did Justin lawyer pay the scalper?

Both were dick moves no doubt, but nowhere near the same considering the circumstances.
    My point? Both of you got screwed and that isn't cool. It sucked on both accounts. But! I think it is important to know that the door swings both ways on the ticket story and thanked swany for sharing his story, too.
    JC29856 said:

deadendp said:

Ticket location? They were in 111
    Why did swany sell to a scalper? I sold them to a scalper because I waited for a response until 6 pm and just wanted to go into Wrigley without wasting any more time outside.
    How much did he get for the ticket? I sold it for $50
    How much did Justin lawyer pay the scalper? I didn't ask. Didn't think it was any of my business.

Both were dick moves no doubt, but nowhere near the same considering the circumstances.
    You definitely got screwed more than me. I think deadendp was simply stating that both things were total dick moves to do. The bottom line is that I expected more from a 10 Club member, which was probably naive on my part, and I'm sure you expected more as well.
    Just to clarify, I'm not saying anyone got screwed more I just question the motive for the post in this thread and I didn't get screwed my friend did. My flight was delayed and his ticket was from another friend, a chicago local that couldn't attend bec he had an emergency come up that day, so I scrambled to try to find a replacement ticket since I was ultimately responsible for his ticket.
    To post in this thread that the "story" goes both ways is ridiculous and incomparable. One got in a show but only recouped half hits ticket value while the other was completely shut out. I didn't pose the questions for answers, I used them to further illustrate my point, although I appreciate the response.

BTW Brooklyn 2, I bought a ticket from a scalper as I heard pendulum start. It was a 10club ticket. I paid $140, anyone who was looking for a ticket knows that was a really tough ticket to get. Literally 100s were looking for tickets outside. The first thing I asked the asshole sitting next to me was "why did you sell the ticket to a fuckin scalper?...how much did you get for it?" plus a few other things that I won't mention. I had seat #2 he had seat #1.
  • This individual's private message to me indicated that he needed a ticket, but when we spoke on the phone, he said it was for a friend who was not a 10c member. That friend then calls me and seemed unsure. The conversation ended with no certain terms. They were not at the stadium, we had no plans to meet, and I could not verify who this other person was as they were outside of the 10c system. Call me cautious, but that means no liability if that person onsells my ticket for rip off value as the hordes of scalpers were doing.

I'm sorry for your friend, and I respect all longtime fans such as yourself. But you should not get spiteful by sending this link to my phone to prove you are trying to shame me. That is harassment and I'd appreciate if you stop texting me.
  • nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    swany24 said:

JC29856 said:

deadendp said:

Why did swany sell to a scalper? I sold them to a scalper because I waited for a response until 6 pm and just wanted to go into Wrigley without wasting any more time outside.
    How much did Justin lawyer pay the scalper? I didn't ask. Didn't think it was any of my business.

You definitely got screwed more than me. I think deadendp was simply stating that both things were total dick moves to do. The bottom line is that I expected more from a 10 Club member, which was probably naive on my part, and I'm sure you expected more as well.
    i personally dont think you owed "JC" any explanation at all. You tried to do the stand up thing (well done) and hold your end of the bargain, but it became a buyer's market all of the sudden and your buyer screwed you. I have actually been in a similar circumstance, not necessarily with pj, but where a friend couldnt go, I found a buyer for the extra, and then the friend all of the sudden could go. At that point I just can't welch on the random, even though theyre a total stranger, that I thought was psyched to buy my ticket. I then put my effort into figuring out how to get the friend in, but I keep my original word- as you did. I feel bad you got dicked, but it feels good to know you're a standup person at the end of the day doesnt it? I hate weasels

'98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • nicdolasnicdolas Bethlehem, PA Posts: 141
    JC29856 said:

OP promised the ticket to a friend then didn't have the decency to call text or message saying he sold to someone else.
    Broke the 1 and only rule!

At the end of the day if your friend wanted this ticket so bad he would have made every arrangement to get the ticket. I was also looking for a ticket and once I got ahold of someone it was like I want it will be here at X time and make sure it's all setup. I don't leave stuff to chance I'm crystal clear that I want this ticket and will be there to pay. And if the seller in this case Jules felt your friend wasn't gonna come through since everything seemed vague he made a choice to find someone who was 100%.

That's all, I've seen it happen before I committed to someone 100% was rdy to PayPal and they vanished on me so it does go both ways and yes that person was also a 10c member.
    Merriweather Post - 96
    Camden - 98,00,03,06
    Philly - 05,09,13,16(1&2)
    MSG - 16(1&2)
    Ottawa - 16
    Sao Paulo - 15
    Wrigley 1&2 16
    TOTD - Philly 1 16
    Krakow 18
    Berlin 18
    Seattle 1&2 18
    Boston 2 18
    nycrats said:

swany24 said:

JC29856 said:

deadendp said:

i personally dont think you owed "JC" any explanation at all. You tried to do the stand up thing (well done) and hold your end of the bargain, but it became a buyer's market all of the sudden and your buyer screwed you. I have actually been in a similar circumstance, not necessarily with pj, but where a friend couldnt go, I found a buyer for the extra, and then the friend all of the sudden could go. At that point I just can't welch on the random, even though theyre a total stranger, that I thought was psyched to buy my ticket. I then put my effort into figuring out how to get the friend in, but I keep my original word- as you did. I feel bad you got dicked, but it feels good to know you're a standup person at the end of the day doesnt it? I hate weasels

Thanks, nycrats!
    Jules, Thank you for giving your side and apologies to you for my coming to a snap judgment. I should have considered your side as well.
    Jules your story is horseshit and you know it.

"Seemed unsure"?? He told you "I'm here whenever you get here". Remember your "....but...." part in this thread?
    "Whenever" means 8 830 9 930. Does that sound like a ticket flipper or a die hard trying desperately to get in a show?

"No certain terms" and "no plan to meet" maybe the uncertainty stemmed from you not knowing when you would arrive at the venue 8 830 9. He was in wrigleyville at 5pm, he was waiting for you. I would have met you person to person but I couldn't and I told that. It was my intention of meeting you until you said you didn't know when you would get to Wrigley.

You couldn't verify who the person was?? even thou you had me from the forums, my cell# and his cell#....what liability? what security clearance does the 10c give to members?

And to further illustrate your total horseshittyness, you say stop texting you, when I've sent you a total of 4 texts
    1. Call "friend"... day of show
    2. Sent his #... day of show
    3. Asked if you met to exchange... during show
    4. This link... yesterday

No reply to those 4 texts or my phone call the following day. My intention isn't to shame you but to at least get your side of the story since, as I already stated, you ignored me and my friend since and didn't have the decency to tell him or me (the verified undisputed security cleared 10c member) you sold the ticket and to find another.

Never said anyone owes me anything except the decency to tell me " I had to sell the ticket to someone else, circumstances beyond our control". Don't even need a sorry or an excuse, only need the notification.

Jules, You have permission to post any and all of our PMs or my texts to prove otherwise.
  • OK, so I've given my side of the story, but you resort to profanity. Stop being a forum troll and just drop it.

This site should be a place for discussing this awesome band and how it's changed all of our lives for the better. Not as a place to complain about how your friend traveled all the way to Chicago without a ticket, and you trying to make me the reason why he didn't get into the show.
  • JB23237JB23237 Posts: 1,370
    Great show! Mike killed it on masters of war
    Alpine Valley East Troy WI 1998...United Center Chicago IL1998...All State Arena Rosemont IL 2000 (anybody have a spare poster)
    United Center Chicago IL 2003...Alpine Valley East Troy WI 2003...Toledo OH 2004...Marcus Amphitheater Milwaukee WI 2006
    United Center Chicago IL Nite 1 2008...United Center Chicago IL Nite 2 2008...United Center Chicago IL Nite 1 2009
    PJ20 East Troy WI Nite 1 2011...PJ20 East Troy WI Nite 2 2011...Wrigley Field Chicago IL 2013...iWireless Center Moline IL 2014
    Bradley Center Milwaukee WI 2014...EV Auditorium Theatre Chicago IL Nite 1 2008...EV Chicago Theatre Chicago IL Nite 1 2011
    EV w/ PT celebrating the Who Rosemont Theatre Rosemont IL 2015
    JB23237 said:

Great show! Mike killed it on masters of war

Agree but I think all of this is Stone's fault!
This discussion has been closed.