*** Wrigley 1 Chicago, IL Fanviews Here 8/20/16 ***

Comments

• darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692

Did anyone else start to leave after the 2nd encore until you heard the crowd cheer for Ed in the Cubs jersey?
    And then running back down to your seat?

Sounds like someone made a rookie mistake.
    :punch:
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • That was a killer show...cool to hear some covers...the energy and all around vibe made the show so much better...Sure there are songs I would have liked to hear, but Im not complaining at all..Definitely in my top 3 shows..My love for this band has grown more than I thought possible....PJ is the greatest band there is, ever was, ever will be...period
  • Dobber1Dobber1 Wisconsin, USA Posts: 11

Masters of War was the best moment I have had at a PJ show. The guitars were shredded beyond recognition.

The Gleason moment was unreal too. What an inspirational moment! I am still ecstatic from the amazing show.

My dreams came true for this show. It was my only show of the tour and shout out to the 433 clan.

Thanks Eddie, Mike, Stone, Matt, Jeff, and Boom. You made a new dad's year.

I was in 433 for Sat's show!
    Milwaukee 7-9-1995 East Troy 6-27-98 East Troy 10-8-2000 East Troy 9-4-2011 Milwaukee 10-20-2014 Chicago 8-20-16 Chicago 8-22-16
  • curlycurly Posts: 703
    another amazing weekend and feeling very fortunate to have been at both shows... even though I normally don't like to judge or rate them as it was my 19th and 20th... But to be completely honest... for all the B2B shows I've been to and/or jammed to the boots... these 2 were both awesome and IMO i'm calling it a TIE... Saturday was also my first ever attending alone and as you all know... I wasn't really alone but more just with my extended PJ Family as it was unreal the amount of great people I got to meet and converse with. From the blonde with her pops from Detroit that sat next to me in the upper deck for the 1st 4 songs... to Costa and his wife and friends I spent the rest of the show with down in the very first row behind home plate!!! Ya, we struck gold... they didn't sell a good hundred seats behind home plate due to the sound board set near 2nd base and they'd be considered "obstructed view"..... they didn't block em off at all... bout 2 dozen of us figured it out from the nose bleeds and sat in them the rest of the show... it was amazing and all we had to do was sit a few seat off center and actually the view was perfect... as I felt a lil sorry for the people literally 5' to my left whom spent $750 per ticket!!! and honestly had our same view... Costa and family thanks again for the great night... we jammed, danced nutz/crazy up and down the fully open rows of seats and had the time of our lives!!! ps.. member I called it on Bee Girl and bout melted during "let me sleep".... peace, curly from Omaha, Nebraska...
  • Pearl34JamPearl34Jam TN Posts: 1,102

Did anyone else start to leave after the 2nd encore until you heard the crowd cheer for Ed in the Cubs jersey?
    And then running back down to your seat?

Sounds like someone made a rookie mistake.
    :punch:
    Haha I thought it was over! The lights were on, Alive just ended, and Ed said thank you. I was asking myself "is that really it?"

Rookie mistake I guess but I wasn't expecting a 3rd encore.
    "Must I keep explaining my decisions to you strangers of the Internet?" - Merch tent 8/19/16

'13: 10/27 Baltimore
    '15: 9/26 New York City
    '16: 4/16 Greenville (VS!), 4/26 Lexington, 4/28 Philly, 8/20 Wrigley
    '18: 9/02 Fenway
    '22: 9/16 Nashville
    ’24: 8/26 Noblesville, 9/12 Baltimore
  • iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,290

Unfuckingreal! So many firsts, a couple rarities, excellent covers! So much energy from the crowd! I'm still buzzing!!

Awesome show last night and you are a great guy Cory. My friend said you are one of the nicest guys he has met and I concur.

So many great rarities and an amazing acoustic I believe in Miracles (best version was the 2005 Gorge then 2003 Benaroya).
    Thanks Gene! Same can be said about you guys! It was great getting to meet you and rock out with your buddy. I'm glad the ticket went to someone with that much enthusiasm!
    Thanks for the kind words Corey. This is why I enjoy attending PJ shows the most, the people are the best.
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• lpeddlelpeddle Posts: 293

Completely blown away. Awesome set list. AMAZING energy in the pit. I had an incredible spot that only added to the experience on so many levels. Waiting all day. Soaked in the morning then dried out. Then we finally hit the field and it immediately starts pouring again. I was soaked completely through. Didn't care. Here's the thing. I LOVE inside job. I've never heard it live. It has so much intense personal meaning to me. I've been hoping to hear it all tour. This is my last show this tour. I caught it. When I saw Mike strap on that guitar I was overcome with emotion. Thank you Pearl jam for a year I will never forget!

Hey Jen! So glad you had fun!!! Inside Job really was special wasn't it?? I wish we coulda met up...I looked for you in the GA line hoping to say hello since I knew you'd be there early :). Maybe next tour!!

It was such a great show!! Since I'm writing this after seeing both shows I can say that Night 1 and 2 so were soooo different. Night 1 was memorable, special, emotional (the Tragically Hip/Gord Downie shout-out meant a lot - we waved our Canadian flags and got up on the big screens!) but night 2 was an energetic rock show!!!! It's hard to compare them!
  • Dobber1 said:

Masters of War was the best moment I have had at a PJ show. The guitars were shredded beyond recognition.

The Gleason moment was unreal too. What an inspirational moment! I am still ecstatic from the amazing show.

My dreams came true for this show. It was my only show of the tour and shout out to the 433 clan.

This was my first show using 10C seats. I was dissapointed when I got them and saw 400 level however the vibe, sound, and view were great from the upper deck. 10C pulled through for us and now they have locked my membership for life.
    2009 Chicago
    2013 Wrigley
    2014 St. Louis
    2016 Wrigley 1
    2018 Wrigley 1
    2022 EV Chicago, St. Louis
    2023: Chicago 1,2

"How I choose to feel is how I am, and I feel fucking awesome" - Gleason
  • KP_McMinnKP_McMinn West Philadelphia born and raised Posts: 748
    I really enjoyed this show. This was my 38th show and it ranks in the top 5 for me do doubt....I think Mccready sounded particulaly great tonight, and really nailed comfortably numb solo's. My wife and I had a great time. Met up with an old college buddy, swam in Lake Michigan on Friday and watched the fighter planes buzz over the lake all afternoon, had a great meal friday night at Ramen San in River North, had a couple night caps at a roof top bar, saw the Bean, Millenium park, had a couple chi-town dogs at Portillos, saw the best band in the world at an historic ball park..We loved it.
  • I played toss with EDDIE. Does anyone have film of baba o;reily NIGHT 1 in Chicago 8/20/2016? Trying to see if anyone taped it my friends are slacking, the problem is I don't know what I'm doing on here and that will make it even harder. If anyone could help me or know someone who has it please let me know.Thank y'all!!!!!
    KAA
  • robertstackarmyrobertstackarmy So. WI Posts: 681

Dobber1 said:

This was my first show using 10C seats. I was dissapointed when I got them and saw 400 level however the vibe, sound, and view were great from the upper deck. 10C pulled through for us and now they have locked my membership for life.
    I was not happy with the seats. The sound was good but I don't like field level seats, ever. I am taller, 6 foot but my better half is 5 foot 3, so she was kinda stuck starring at the big screen.
  • nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    korion450 said:

I played toss with EDDIE. Does anyone have film of baba o;reily NIGHT 1 in Chicago 8/20/2016? Trying to see if anyone taped it my friends are slacking, the problem is I don't know what I'm doing on here and that will make it even harder. If anyone could help me or know someone who has it please let me know.Thank y'all!!!!!

that was you? nice..
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • Grateful to have been at both shows. The better half and I agreed that based on the setlist, Saturday was her show. Monday was mine. Looking back though, I might have had more fun on Saturday. It was her first show, so it all seemed fresh seeing it all through her eyes. I also hadn't seen the band since Milwaukee 14. Monday ended up feeling like a bonus, while all the anticipation and buildup was satisfied on Saturday. Being in the pit makes such a difference, too, even compared to 100-level on Monday. It's just impossible to compare. As with any PJ show, each one is truly special in its own way.
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,765
    lpeddle said:

Completely blown away. Awesome set list. AMAZING energy in the pit. I had an incredible spot that only added to the experience on so many levels. Waiting all day. Soaked in the morning then dried out. Then we finally hit the field and it immediately starts pouring again. I was soaked completely through. Didn't care. Here's the thing. I LOVE inside job. I've never heard it live. It has so much intense personal meaning to me. I've been hoping to hear it all tour. This is my last show this tour. I caught it. When I saw Mike strap on that guitar I was overcome with emotion. Thank you Pearl jam for a year I will never forget!

Hey Jen! So glad you had fun!!! Inside Job really was special wasn't it?? I wish we coulda met up...I looked for you in the GA line hoping to say hello since I knew you'd be there early :). Maybe next tour!!

It was such a great show!! Since I'm writing this after seeing both shows I can say that Night 1 and 2 so were soooo different. Night 1 was memorable, special, emotional (the Tragically Hip/Gord Downie shout-out meant a lot - we waved our Canadian flags and got up on the big screens!) but night 2 was an energetic rock show!!!! It's hard to compare them!
    Definitely must catch each other next tour!
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • piontekddpiontekdd Sun Prairie, WI Posts: 21

Dobber1 said:

I was not happy with the seats. The sound was good but I don't like field level seats, ever. I am taller, 6 foot but my better half is 5 foot 3, so she was kinda stuck starring at the big screen.
    I was pretty disappointed in my 10c seats as well. Sound was great but my view was mostly obstructed. Section 124 was the first section behind home plate that wasn't sold. The Sound-booth blocked most of the stage. Granted, I was pretty far away, but the non-advertised, obstructed view disappointed me.
  • Rachael224Rachael224 Valparaiso, IN Posts: 5
    edited August 2016
    >Saw Pearl Jam on Monday at Wrigley with my 12 year old son, Graham. The show was life changing for both of us. We had fan club tickets which we ok, perfect world wish we were closer. We sat in section 133 row 4 seats 103 and 104. All this to say that there were two guys that sat right next to us and they made the show that much better. The energy and singing and dancing was incredible. One of the awesome guys even bought me expensive beer all night. We had so much fun and sadly all I know about the guy is his name is Trace, I believe. I really wish I could thank him again for making Graham feel so cool and being an excellent drinking buddy, singer and dancer with me! If anyone knows him please pass this along. He completely rocks!!!!!I posted a pic of him with him arms wrapped around my son! It was just perfect! All the best to my fellow Pearl Jammers! Rachael Collins

Post edited by Rachael224 on
  • Although I prefer night 2 to night 1, I think the best and most emotional moment of the two shows was Steve Gleason introducing Inside Job, and what a heartfelt message.
  • RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    I had been thinking for a month prior, boy it would be neat if they break out Vitalogy for that Wrigley show. Then a few songs in they do Last Exit. I thought here but it is. I saw Yield in Milwaukee & thought, no way I can be lucky enough for another album show.
    Anyway outstanding as usual. On the week Ten turns 25! Master of War was the highlight of my night, nice and long, and great when Mike tore the strings off of his instrument .lol.
    I always enjoy meeting people from around the country and world at PJ shows.
    Cheers to y'all & the guy who stood next to me from Alaska !!
    Awesome as usual!!
  • Pearl34JamPearl34Jam TN Posts: 1,102
    ^I thought the same about Last Exit. When it started I was like "this is the first song from Vitalogy tonight, right?"

Was waiting for STBC but wasn't upset when it wasn't next.
    "Must I keep explaining my decisions to you strangers of the Internet?" - Merch tent 8/19/16

'13: 10/27 Baltimore
    '15: 9/26 New York City
    '16: 4/16 Greenville (VS!), 4/26 Lexington, 4/28 Philly, 8/20 Wrigley
    '18: 9/02 Fenway
    '22: 9/16 Nashville
    ’24: 8/26 Noblesville, 9/12 Baltimore
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    edited August 2016
    loved it but not as much as show 2
    Post edited by buck502000 on
  • DSTRUBDSTRUB Posts: 290
    Where are my peeps in 409?! We had a mix of people rocking out and a bunch sitting most of the show, 10C seats but honestly it was a great view and thought the sound was perfect.

Loved the Low Light->Release->Rain opener

Masters of War= I was so pumped

Inside Job= first time getting emotional at a show, first time seeing the song live!

Loved all the songs Inbetween, sang loud, danced, jammed out!
    2013= Wrigley 1, Dallas, OKC
    2014= Amsterdam 1&2, St. Louis, Lincoln, Detroit, Moline, Denver
    2015= Mexico City
    2016= Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Lexington, MSG1, Fenway1, Wrigley 2&3
    2017= EV @ Ohana
    2018= London 1, Boarderline, Seattle 1&2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 4&5
  • mschostokmschostok Chicago, IL Posts: 858

Unfuckingreal! So many firsts, a couple rarities, excellent covers! So much energy from the crowd! I'm still buzzing!!

Awesome show last night and you are a great guy Cory. My friend said you are one of the nicest guys he has met and I concur.

So many great rarities and an amazing acoustic I believe in Miracles (best version was the 2005 Gorge then 2003 Benaroya).
    Thanks Gene! Same can be said about you guys! It was great getting to meet you and rock out with your buddy. I'm glad the ticket went to someone with that much enthusiasm!
    Haven't had a chance to talk to you since the show, Corey. Unreal night, thanks for the ticket Gene. See you guys soon
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    Eddie Vedder Obama Farewell Address 2017
    Eddie Vedder Louisville, KY 2017
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020
  • iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,290
    mschostok said:

Haven't had a chance to talk to you since the show, Corey. Unreal night, thanks for the ticket Gene. See you guys soon
    No problem, glad you had a fun time at the Saturday Wrigley show. Hopefully we will meet up again for another show.
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Cheers everyone!

Anyone know why there has been little if any of Wrigley 16 on Sirius xm? Fenway was up quickly.

Also, waiting on the bootleg. Any ideas?
  • mschostokmschostok Chicago, IL Posts: 858
    edited September 2016

Cheers everyone!

Anyone know why there has been little if any of Wrigley 16 on Sirius xm? Fenway was up quickly.

Rumor is there's gonna be a DVD of the show(s). We should know sometime soon
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    Eddie Vedder Obama Farewell Address 2017
    Eddie Vedder Louisville, KY 2017
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020
  • theebradnesstheebradness Quincy, IL originally from Weymouth, MA Posts: 278
    DSTRUB said:

Where are my peeps in 409?! We had a mix of people rocking out and a bunch sitting most of the show, 10C seats but honestly it was a great view and thought the sound was perfect.

Loved the Low Light->Release->Rain opener

Masters of War= I was so pumped

Inside Job= first time getting emotional at a show, first time seeing the song live!

Loved all the songs Inbetween, sang loud, danced, jammed out!

Me and my wife were in 409!! I had on a sleeveless Jimi Hendrix shirt and was standing, singing and rocking most of the time. I was right behind a very drunk dude and his friend, both having a great time. Directly behind me, everyone was sitting :(
    Lollapalooza 1992 Mansfield MA
    STL 2014
    Wrigley Aug 20th 2016
    St Louis 2022

I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love.
  • mschostok said:

Cheers everyone!

Rumor is there's gonna be a DVD of the show(s). We should know sometime soon

OH!!! OH!!! OH!!!
  • Seriously. Bootleg? Dvd? Anything?
  • why i love the internet. version # 6,336 iloveyoutube
    Light Years - Pearl Jam 2016.08.20 Chicago Wrigley 1
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J10F17ed9mo
  • Thanks for posting, it led me me on an hours and hours long you tube fest of pearl jam videos.
    Time very well spent :)
    ~~ suspend your disbelief~~