*** Wrigley 2 Chicago, IL Fanviews Here 8/22/16 ***

Comments

• PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited August 2016
    ^^^
    This ban of talking should go with all PJ concerts reserved seating.
    No one wants to hear chattering behind them.
    Usually it is the 10c ticket buddy that is loud.
  • jpk97uwjpk97uw Lindenhurst, IL Posts: 64
    Was at all 4 ball park shows. They were all great. I'd rank them Fenway 2, Wrigley 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1. Loved how they changed up the set list last night with Footsteps, Betterman, and Corduroy early and Even Flow late. Was a great show, so high energy 1st set and lots of rarities and covers in the encores. Post-tour depression has now officially set in. Can't wait for the next show, can't some soon enough. Love Pearl Jam and it's fans.
  • CP218430CP218430 Posts: 1,891
    JI658763 said:

great set...was there night one and Fenway night 2, and philly ten show.....Fenway night 2 was epic and to me a better show but you know what it's so damn nice to have these types of debates about this band! They are the best band ever and deliver every night they take the stage period! happy for those that loved night 2 at Wrigley and got a kick ass set list. I was pumped to get Masters of War, Inside Job and Miracles....we all win!!!!

This
    98: St. Louis. 2000: Alpine. 2003: Chicago. 2006: Chicago Night 2, Milwaukee Night 1. 2007: Chicago (Lolla). 2009: Chicago 1 & 2. 2011: Alpine 1 & 2. 2013: Chicago & LA Night 1. 2016: Chicago 1 & 2. 2018: Chicago 1 & 2. 

"Let the Ocean dissolve away my past."
  • andrew68andrew68 Toronto Posts: 1,789

aghani said:

All I can say is that it was a pleasure to be in the building. The joy and catharsis among the crowd was truly special. 45,000 people singing their hearts out, people of many shapes, sizes, and colors. Times are weird and tough and it can make you cynical, I personally needed that uplift yesterday. This was like a massive bearhug among a stadium full of people. We didn't want to leave. I could have stayed for another 3 hours. It was a bonding moment for me and my wife and friends, and was just a cathertic and loving atmosphere. I'm sure everyone can attest to the feeling in the air and in the building last night. There was just this undescribable feeling of community and love and bonding. I don't want to forget it. I'll come back and do a more detailed review of both nights but I just wanted to get my thoughts down. Night 1 had some emotional peaks that can't be surpassed and Night 2 was a totally different animal with a non-stop avalanche of rockers, ballads, and bangers that immediately whipped the crowd into a delirious frenzy that sustained us the whole show. I am so proud to be a fan of this band and a part of this community.

All of this. And it's the reason it really doesn't matter which songs they play or don't. The first set was phenomenal. Phenomenal. Even if it was packed with older songs I'd already heard before. It was perfect.
    truth be told
    Any new realizations... would have to wait...
    Til he had more time,... more time...
    Time to dream,... to himself... he waves goodbye,
    To himself... I'll see you on the other side...
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,860
    26th shows over 21 years, and over the two nights I head 10 new songs...there is nothing these guys do wrong when it comes to a touring band
  • BSullyBSully Indiana Posts: 1,004
    hrd2imgn said:

26th shows over 21 years, and over the two nights I head 10 new songs...there is nothing these guys do wrong when it comes to a touring band

I agree, I've only seen them 7 times, but I get to hear 10-12 new songs every show that I attend!
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31
  • jp307677 said:

What an awesome show. Honestly this entire tour has been something else. I managed to get to four shows including Wrigley 1 and 2 and they were all amazing. Wrigley 2's setlist was on another level but I enjoyed Wrigley 1 more as I was in GA for that one. I think Wrigley 2 would have topped Wrigley 1 for me even though I was in the stands if not for the fact that the guys behind me couldn't stop talking during most songs. I mean seriously, who needs to be having a conversation during Footsteps or Of the Earth?! Minor annoyances aside, this show was absolutely incredible.

I had a few guys like that in front of me and I couldn't stand it...especially during the softer songs. I couldn't take it anymore during "Man of the Hour" and just started screaming the songs as load as I could literally right in their ears and between their faces every time they started talking again. They got the hint
    Trying this next time!
    Same. I'll never understand someone who comes to a show only to talk through the entire thing!
    It's called socializing with the people you came to the show with. Talking, laughing and singing is part of the show. Not everyone hangs on every word Eddie says.
  • jp307677 said:

What an awesome show. Honestly this entire tour has been something else. I managed to get to four shows including Wrigley 1 and 2 and they were all amazing. Wrigley 2's setlist was on another level but I enjoyed Wrigley 1 more as I was in GA for that one. I think Wrigley 2 would have topped Wrigley 1 for me even though I was in the stands if not for the fact that the guys behind me couldn't stop talking during most songs. I mean seriously, who needs to be having a conversation during Footsteps or Of the Earth?! Minor annoyances aside, this show was absolutely incredible.

I had a few guys like that in front of me and I couldn't stand it...especially during the softer songs. I couldn't take it anymore during "Man of the Hour" and just started screaming the songs as load as I could literally right in their ears and between their faces every time they started talking again. They got the hint
    Trying this next time!
    Same. I'll never understand someone who comes to a show only to talk through the entire thing!
    It's called socializing with the people you came to the show with. Talking, laughing and singing is part of the show. Not everyone hangs on every word Eddie says.
    Look, I don't mind if people want to chat but nonstop throughout the set is a bit much. I have no issues with cheering or singing along but these guys were literally talking constantly. Some of us actually did go to hear the band.
  • JM101639JM101639 Posts: 31
    Theses were shows 27 and 28 since '95 Soldier Field. I got 4 originals and 4 covers I haven't heard live yet. Both shows are in my top 5. They never cease to amaze me. The post show depression has set in.
  • swany24swany24 Posts: 52
    JM101639 said:

Theses were shows 27 and 28 since '95 Soldier Field. I got 4 originals and 4 covers I haven't heard live yet. Both shows are in my top 5. They never cease to amaze me. The post show depression has set in.

I hear you. I have spent today just watching YouTube clips of both shows, reliving it. Even Eddie's love fest for the Cubs, a team I hate with the intensity of a thousand suns, couldn't wipe the smile off my face during the shows. Truly an amazing experience that all of us that were lucky enough to attend should be thankful for.
  • JF157715JF157715 Posts: 40
    Wow, what a great show. Almost too many highlights to mention: "Black Red Yellow", "Deep", "Of The Earth", "Man Of The Hour" (such a beautiful performance - even in a noisy baseball stadium), "Sonic Reducer", "Blood". I thought "Surrender" definitely sounded better on Night 2. "All The Way" gets to me every time, especially with that Cubs video playing along with it (those dirty, rotten, manipulative, button-pushing bastards...LOL). And what a treat to hear "I Got A Feeling" to close it all out. I really hope they don't hold back the boots on these 4 baseball shows. Maybe they'll do a box set like Philly 09.

Two random thoughts:

1) Is it just me or did anyone else think that Matt was just insanely, off-the-charts great tonight? His playing under Mike's solo in "Even Flow" was mind-blowing. "Of The Earth", "Blood"... he totally killed it all night long, start to finish. The dude's a badass.

2) Did anyone notice that the band wore the same clothes for both Wrigley nights? Mike's Clash "Sandinista" Tour shirt, Ed's Murphy's Bleachers shirt, Matt's "hand" shirt...As far as I know there are only two reasons why big time rock bands wear the same clothes two nights in a row: a) they're Kiss, or b) they want to preserve the ability to combine performances from both shows into a single concert video. Not sure if it's going to happen, obviously, but it's an interesting clue that they might be thinking that way.

Thank you, PJ, Ten Club and fellow jammers for two more great nights.
    2003 - Chicago (6/18 - United Center)
    2006 - Chicago 1 (5/16 - United Center), Chicago 2 (5/17 - United Center)
    2009 - Chicago 1 (8/23 - United Center), Chicago 2 (8/24 - United Center)
    2013 - Chicago (7/19 - Wrigley Field)
    2014 - Moline (10/17 - iWireless Center), Milwaukee (10/20 - Bradley Arena)
    2016 - New York City 1 (5/1 - MSG), New York City 2 (5/2 - MSG), Chicago 1 (8/20 - Wrigley Field), Chicago 2 (8/22 - Wrigley Field)
    2018 - Chicago 1 (8/18 - Wrigley Field), Chicago 2 (8/20 - Wrigley Field)
  • JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    JF157715 said:

Wow, what a great show. Almost too many highlights to mention: "Black Red Yellow", "Deep", "Of The Earth", "Man Of The Hour" (such a beautiful performance - even in a noisy baseball stadium), "Sonic Reducer", "Blood". I thought "Surrender" definitely sounded better on Night 2. "All The Way" gets to me every time, especially with that Cubs video playing along with it (those dirty, rotten, manipulative, button-pushing bastards...LOL). And what a treat to hear "I Got A Feeling" to close it all out. I really hope they don't hold back the boots on these 4 baseball shows. Maybe they'll do a box set like Philly 09.

Two random thoughts:

1) Is it just me or did anyone else think that Matt was just insanely, off-the-charts great tonight? His playing under Mike's solo in "Even Flow" was mind-blowing. "Of The Earth", "Blood"... he totally killed it all night long, start to finish. The dude's a badass.

2) Did anyone notice that the band wore the same clothes for both Wrigley nights? Mike's Clash "Sandinista" Tour shirt, Ed's Murphy's Bleachers shirt, Matt's "hand" shirt...As far as I know there are only two reasons why big time rock bands wear the same clothes two nights in a row: a) they're Kiss, or b) they want to preserve the ability to combine performances from both shows into a single concert video. Not sure if it's going to happen, obviously, but it's an interesting clue that they might be thinking that way.

Thank you, PJ, Ten Club and fellow jammers for two more great nights.

You left out the 3rd classic reason for the bolded, though it probably doesn't apply to PJ in this case: c) The band partied so hard after Wrigley 1, they pulled 2 all-nighters and didn't shower or change before Wrigley 2. Happens to other bands waaaaaay more often than wanting to combine songs into one concert video ;)

In all seriousness though, I hope you're right about the video! Although it could turn out after all this time that they're KISS...
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,218
    Awesome show, powerful setlist, lots of happy fans singing along in our section. BRY was a blast. Looking forward to seeing Ed in Dana Point this weekend. :-D
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • obinder26obinder26 Posts: 31
    edited August 2016
    These were the only two shows I caught, so I won't come out and say these were the best of the tour. What I will say without hesitation is that of the 11 times I've seen them, this is the best they've sounded by a long shot. The playing was unreal, Eddie sounded unreal. It's incredible that even after 25 years they can still bring it like this.

I guess what I'm saying is we should all forget worrying about which shows were better and just be thankful we all love a band that somehow keeps the bar this high after so long.
    Post edited by obinder26 on
    2006 -- Chicago II
    2011 -- PJ20 II
    2012 -- Midtown Music Fest
    2013 -- Wrigley Field, Los Angeles I + III, Seattle
    2014 -- Moline, Milwaukee
    2016 -- Wrigley Field I + II
  • ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    jp307677 said:

The beer vendor was yelling during MOTH, was really unnecessary.
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • edwhoedwho Posts: 811
    photo tixweek82016b_zpssyfocris.jpg

Not a bad week, yours was probably better =)

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

• What's that VIP pass for? Can't make it out on my phone.
    2006 -- Chicago II
    2011 -- PJ20 II
    2012 -- Midtown Music Fest
    2013 -- Wrigley Field, Los Angeles I + III, Seattle
    2014 -- Moline, Milwaukee
    2016 -- Wrigley Field I + II
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    edwho said:

Well done!! How did you like pritzker pavillion?
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,740

jp307677 said:

Trying this next time!
    I like to socialize with the people I go to the movies with. I can't understand why the strangers around me seem to think I'm an asshole.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • edwho said:

VIP for Wilco, what??? Not that I'm jealous or anything. Jeff's wife was sitting a few rows in front of me, so there's that.
    I'm through with screaming
  • ^^^
    This ban of talking should go with all PJ concerts reserved seating.
    No one wants to hear chattering behind them.
    Usually it is the 10c ticket buddy that is loud.

The lady behind me kept screaming "Right?!" and "Go Cubs!" after every comment EV made. I had earplugs on so I can only imagine how loud she really was.
    I'm through with screaming
  • jp307677 said:

Trying this next time!
    I like to socialize with the people I go to the movies with. I can't understand why the strangers around me seem to think I'm an asshole.
    Worst. Comparison. Ever.
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,339
    This was mine and the hubba's 25th show and I loved every minute of it. I liked night 2 a little bit better than night 1, even though the whole weekend was a blast. For some reason I started crying when Oceans ended and Footsteps began, somehow I got all emotional :smiley: I am usually a pretty happy and positive person, but meeting all the lovely friends this weekend made me once more realise how good I have it in my life.
    While I absolutely love PJ outdoor shows, I am not sure I would want to do a stadium show of this proportion again. My voice and body are sore from all the singing and dancing, but somehow being inside in a smaller venue like an arena gives you more of a connection with what happens on stage.
    Apart from that I loved every minute of this weekend. Thank you PJ!
  • shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,170
    I am starting to feel some what normal after these past two shows today. My calf's
  • driowadriowa Wisconsin Posts: 115
    The entire night was fantastic! As a die hard Cubs fan, being able to walk on the field was magical! My wife said I looked like a 10 year old at his first game! My smile was a mile wide! Plus the fine folks we were with in the GA were amazing...all day we met the best people. Of course the show was amazing...singing loud every song! A huge thanks to the band and the ten club for a night I will never forget!!
  • nails r bit offnails r bit off Posts: 406
    edited August 2016
    Not much to say that hasn't been said already. Shows 24 and 25. Both nights were amazing for there own reasons. Lots of amazing originals and covers. Masters of War was the song highlight for me. They killed that. It was nice to be in a big city so full of awesome PJ fans everywhere you went. Thanks PJ and PJ Fans you all ROCK!
  • ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964

jp307677 said:

Trying this next time!
    Worst. Comparison. Ever.
    You and everyone around you payed $90+ to listen to the music that is playing, so do that and talk to the people afterwards. Be courteous to those around you and don't be a dick, it's that simple.
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • DP212249DP212249 Posts: 1
    edited August 2016
    Epic two days that have left me without a voice and an ever-present smile. Night two was something I will certainly never forget. GA with an amazing crowd around us. My cousin and I met two fellow super fans in from the UK and Egypt (Cheers Matt and Seif if you're reading!) and being able to share in their experience of Wrigley/Chicago was an added bonus.

25 years in and this band still surprises me with their setlist, energy and enthusiasm. This community continues to warm my heart and reaffirm my faith in humanity and in the power of music.
    Post edited by DP212249 on
  • ehbacon said:

jp307677 said:

Trying this next time!
    Worst. Comparison. Ever.
    You and everyone around you payed $90+ to listen to the music that is playing, so do that and talk to the people afterwards. Be courteous to those around you and don't be a dick, it's that simple.
    I paid $90 just like everyone else. If I want to laugh and talk and sing with my friends I haven't been with in a long time I will. Will I yell and scream during a soft song?, of course not. Will I talk when I want, damn right I will. Will I tell you to kiss my ass when you sshhh me like a three year, absolutely.
  • Awesome show! Was in row 1 with my wife and Eddie's wife Jill walked and stood right in front of us. Chatted very briefly, told my wife she looked great in the red Wrigley shirt and took a selfie with us! So cool! So many great memories and great people we met throughout the weekend.
    "This melody, inside of me, still searches for a solution."