*** Wrigley 2 Chicago, IL Fanviews Here 8/22/16 ***

Comments

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    I was surprised that Hail Hail and In Hiding didn't make it either night
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • I don't know what to add that hasn't already said.
    Both shows were great, but the second one was mindblowing, loved every minute of it.
    Highlights for me were: Oceans followed by Footsteps (two of my favourites), BRY with Dennis Rodman on stage!, that version of Evenflow, with the big sing along, Stone singing!, Crazy Mary, the ending with YL and I Got a Feeling, and of course the great energy throughout the entire show.
    Also I got to visit Chicago for the first time and fell in love with the city, amazing place!
    Now I'm stepping back into reality, waiting to board my plane, and of course struggling with post show depresion.
    Waiting anxiously for the next tour announcement, hopefully soon.

• jniko said:

What song was scratched from the setlist?

Come Back?
  • slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,740

I hope this will mean the end of Pearl Jam at Wrigley Field....I get the whole charm of the venue and the area (I've lived 2 miles away for 8 years) but I really want a two night stand at Alpine, Allstate, or even United Center next year. Baseball stadiums are just not good places for major rock concerts,

It was the most amazing setting for a rock concert I've ever seen. To each their own I guess.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,762
    pjalive21 said:

That set list....will definitely be buying that boot :rock_on:

Hope they sell it. I don't think they did last time.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • zepcowboy23zepcowboy23 Chicago Posts: 13
    edited August 2016
    The guy wearing this was a few rows ahead of me in Field Y:
    Off He Goes
    Given To Fly
    I Am Mine
    Last Kiss
    Don't Gimme No Lip
    Time Has Come Today / Rockin' In The Free World
    Post edited by zepcowboy23 on
  • wecrazybobwecrazybob Posts: 1,027
    edited August 2016
    Sea said:

25. Even Flow (Mike goes down to the barricade for part of the solo. Ed goes to the barricade and hands the mic to audience members to sing the part after the solo. Ed introduces Mike McCready and Bob, the guy singing in the audience. Stone compliments Bob saying that “of all the people in the audience that sing that song, that was probably the best. "

Who is this Bob character? Seems like an OK guy right?
    Toledo, Oh 09-22-96, Chicago, Illinois 06-29-98, Portland, Oregon 07-18-98, Vancouver, British Columbia 07-19-98, Seattle 07-21-98, Seattle 07-22-98, Noblesville, Indiana 08-17-98, East Lansing, Michigan 08-18-98, Barrie, Ontario 08-22-98, Auburn Hills, Michigan 08-23-98, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 08-25-98, Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio 08-26-98, Camden, Camden, New Jersey 08-28-98 Camden, New Jersey 08-29-98,Knoxville, Tennessee 09-06-98, Columbia, Maryland 09-18-98,Mountain View, California 10-30-99,Mountain View, California 10-31-99, Virginia Beach, Virginia 08-03-00,Charlotte, North Carolina 08-04-00,Greensboro, North Carolina 08-06-00, Atlanta, Georgia 08-07-00,West Palm Beach, Florida 08-09-00,West Palm Beach, Florida 08-10-00,Tampa, Florida 08-12-00,New Orleans, Louisiana 08-14-00,Memphis, Tennessee 08-15-00,Nashville, Tennessee 08-17-00, Noblesville, Indiana 08-18-00,Cincinnati, Ohio 08-20-00,Columbus, Ohio 08-21-00, Wantagh, New York 08-23-00, Wantagh, New York 08-24-00,Wantagh, New York 08-25-00, Saratoga Springs, New York 08-27-00,Mansfield, Massachusetts 08-29-00,Mansfield, Massachusetts 08-30-00,Camden, New Jersey 09-01-00,Camden, New Jersey 09-02-00,Columbia, Maryland 09-04-00,Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 09-05-00,Auburn Hills, Michigan 10-07-00, East Troy, Wisconsin 10-08-00,Chicago, Illinois 10-09-00,Cleveland, Ohio 04-25-03,Columbus, Ohio 06-24-03,Kitchener, ON 09-11-05, London, ON 9-12-05,Hamilton, ON 9-13-05,Cincinnati, Ohio 06-24-06, Chicago, Illinois 7-19-13, Cincinnati, Ohio 10-01-14, St. Louis, Missouri 10-03-14, Memphis, Tennessee 10-14-14,Detroit, Michigan 10-16-14, Moline, Illinois 10-17-14, Columbia SC 4-21-16 , Lexington KY 4-26-16, Philadelphia PA 4-28-16, Philadelphia PA 4-29-16, Boston 8-5-16 , Boston 8-7-16 Chicago 8-20-16, Chicago 8-22-16, Seattle 8-8-18, Seattle 8-10-18, Missoula 8-13-18, Chicago 8-18-18, Chicago 8-20-18, Boston 9-2-18, Boston 9-4-18
  • slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,740

Sea said:

25. Even Flow (Mike goes down to the barricade for part of the solo. Ed goes to the barricade and hands the mic to audience members to sing the part after the solo. Ed introduces Mike McCready and Bob, the guy singing in the audience. Stone compliments Bob saying that “of all the people in the audience that sing that song, that was probably the best. "

He was just a random dude. Stone's comment made me legit lol.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • zepcowboy23zepcowboy23 Chicago Posts: 13

Sea said:

;-)
  • Sea said:

He was just a random dude. Stone's comment made me legit lol.
    Wasn't Bob the guy who sang Even Flow? Ed put microphone out to him?

92- Austin
    92- Houston
    95- Austin
    00- Paris
    00- Houston
    03- San Antonio
    06- Milwaukee-Summerfest w/ Tom Petty
    07- Lollapalooza - Chicago
    08- EV-Solo - Milwaukee
    09- Chicago
    10- Indy
    11- PJ 20
    14- Milw
    16- Wrigley 2
    18- Wrigley 1
    23- Chicago 2
  • pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    edited August 2016
    know1 said:

pjalive21 said:

That set list....will definitely be buying that boot :rock_on:

Hope they sell it. I don't think they did last time.
    yeah good point I was making an assumption based on my need ha

im shocked Red Mosquito got ZERO love in Wrigley after being scratched in Fenway twice

• billstpetebillstpete St. Petersburg, FL Posts: 10
    I feel so fortunate for what I just witnessed with first night 1 and now night 2. Just... blown away. My favorite show is the one I just saw or am going to see. Looking forward to many more(#27 + 28 this weekend)!! Thanks PJ, 10Club + fans in general. Many, many great memories with friends old + new.
  • RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,350

Sea said:

:lol:
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • nicdolasnicdolas Bethlehem, PA Posts: 141
    Just an amazing two nights in Wrigley spent night one in section 35, thanks to a great guy! awesome view great sounds. Spent night two in GA. Went in around 6:30 stayed on Mike's side back a bit but not to far, had a great group around me from Nashville. One of them was at the Third Man show, which was an awesome experience itself. We all rocked out jumping around singing, had the occasional girl pushing their way to the front with some excuse, we just kept enjoying the music and having a great night. These were my 15th and 16th shows and man I thought Philly 3 was my best show, that all changed last night. Love these guys and someday I will get to personally thank them for their music.
    Merriweather Post - 96
    Camden - 98,00,03,06
    Philly - 05,09,13,16(1&2)
    MSG - 16(1&2)
    Ottawa - 16
    Sao Paulo - 15
    Wrigley 1&2 16
    TOTD - Philly 1 16
    Krakow 18
    Berlin 18
    Seattle 1&2 18
    Boston 2 18
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,031
    Holy fucking fuck. That was easily my favorite show since Soldier Field. Blood, Comatose, Lukin and fucking Of The Earth!!!!! Wow! That is how you put on a fucking rock show. Beautiful night, classic ballpark, great friends and motherfucking Pearl Jam! Doesn't get much better than that.
  • erohenerohen Lansing, MI Posts: 3
    had an amazing time, Awesome show. 1st time in GA, it was quite an experience. I brought my 16 year old son to the concert, he doesn't listen to PJ, except when he is in the car with me of course. it was his first ever concert also, so I have probably spoiled any other concert he goes to in the future because I sure it wont be as amazing as this one. We got in the GA line about 1pm, and he toughed it out like a trooper, it was a long day the weather couldn't have been more perfect though. So happy to spend this special Moment with my son and give him this awesome experience.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    They were both great shows, probably at the top of the 9 I saw on this tour. My only 'complaint' was the considerable lack of Yield and No
    Code in both nights. I know it wasn't zero, but I could have used a lot more!
  • BS77227BS77227 Posts: 1
    edited August 2016
    Incredible. Thank you PJ. Thank you 10Club.
    Post edited by BS77227 on
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,164
    aghani said:

All I can say is that it was a pleasure to be in the building. The joy and catharsis among the crowd was truly special. 45,000 people singing their hearts out, people of many shapes, sizes, and colors. Times are weird and tough and it can make you cynical, I personally needed that uplift yesterday. This was like a massive bearhug among a stadium full of people. We didn't want to leave. I could have stayed for another 3 hours. It was a bonding moment for me and my wife and friends, and was just a cathertic and loving atmosphere. I'm sure everyone can attest to the feeling in the air and in the building last night. There was just this undescribable feeling of community and love and bonding. I don't want to forget it. I'll come back and do a more detailed review of both nights but I just wanted to get my thoughts down. Night 1 had some emotional peaks that can't be surpassed and Night 2 was a totally different animal with a non-stop avalanche of rockers, ballads, and bangers that immediately whipped the crowd into a delirious frenzy that sustained us the whole show. I am so proud to be a fan of this band and a part of this community.

I love this. You're describing the feeling that I chase by going to so many concerts, and specifically, so many Pearl Jam concerts.
  • PJM3333PJM3333 Chicago Posts: 291

Holy fucking fuck. That was easily my favorite show since Soldier Field. Blood, Comatose, Lukin and fucking Of The Earth!!!!! Wow! That is how you put on a fucking rock show. Beautiful night, classic ballpark, great friends and motherfucking Pearl Jam! Doesn't get much better than that.

Fuckin A
    2000-Chicago
    2003-Chicago, East Troy
    2006-Chicago, Cleveland
    2009-Chicago
    2011-PJ20 1, PJ20 2
    2013-Wrigley
    2014-Moline, Milwaukee
    2016-Lexington, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2018-Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778

I'm not one of those who will camp out for first row but ... the difference between where I was last night in GA -- about 10-12 feet from the stage between Stone and Ed -- and where I sat for night 1 (Field W) was palpable.

There's so much energy flowing off the stage and into those first few rows of the crowd and back again. Every song was a singalong. It was exactly what I want in a communal rock show experience. That feeling of "I don't know you and you don't know me but we're all in this thing together." There's something so human about that.

I'm a big fan of GA, though not necessarily of camping out. ;)

I couldn't agree more. I've done GA to numerous shows and for me personally, it's a high unlike anything else. I've never waited in line in Ga, always walked into show about an hour before start and I've never been further back than about 5 rows. It feels like you are having your own personal concert with the band. Glad u had a blast!
  • What an awesome show. Honestly this entire tour has been something else. I managed to get to four shows including Wrigley 1 and 2 and they were all amazing. Wrigley 2's setlist was on another level but I enjoyed Wrigley 1 more as I was in GA for that one. I think Wrigley 2 would have topped Wrigley 1 for me even though I was in the stands if not for the fact that the guys behind me couldn't stop talking during most songs. I mean seriously, who needs to be having a conversation during Footsteps or Of the Earth?! Minor annoyances aside, this show was absolutely incredible.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624

What an awesome show. Honestly this entire tour has been something else. I managed to get to four shows including Wrigley 1 and 2 and they were all amazing. Wrigley 2's setlist was on another level but I enjoyed Wrigley 1 more as I was in GA for that one. I think Wrigley 2 would have topped Wrigley 1 for me even though I was in the stands if not for the fact that the guys behind me couldn't stop talking during most songs. I mean seriously, who needs to be having a conversation during Footsteps or Of the Earth?! Minor annoyances aside, this show was absolutely incredible.

Same thing happened to me with the talking. I couldn't hear anything Ed was saying the whole night.

Overall a great show. Loved that they brought out Black Red Yellow and Don't Gimme No Lip. Stone looked like he was enjoying himself too.
  • jp307677jp307677 Boston Posts: 415

What an awesome show. Honestly this entire tour has been something else. I managed to get to four shows including Wrigley 1 and 2 and they were all amazing. Wrigley 2's setlist was on another level but I enjoyed Wrigley 1 more as I was in GA for that one. I think Wrigley 2 would have topped Wrigley 1 for me even though I was in the stands if not for the fact that the guys behind me couldn't stop talking during most songs. I mean seriously, who needs to be having a conversation during Footsteps or Of the Earth?! Minor annoyances aside, this show was absolutely incredible.

I had a few guys like that in front of me and I couldn't stand it...especially during the softer songs. I couldn't take it anymore during "Man of the Hour" and just started screaming the songs as load as I could literally right in their ears and between their faces every time they started talking again. They got the hint
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    Amazing show. I was at both Fenway and wrigley 2 so can't comment on wrigley 1. Wrigley 2 was the loudest crowd of the 3 ballpark shows. I don't want to nitpick because the show was fucking amazing but , dissident, red mosq, in hiding, t Christ, there's just so many great songs that didn't get touched at the ballparks. I guess that just shows how much great material they have !!
    My ranking
    Fenway 2
    Wrigley 2
    Fenway 1.
  • jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    Amazing show as usual. Was blessed to see Greenville and Boston 2 along with wrigley 2. All three shows rocked and got me that 3 hour high that's like nothing else. All three shows brought something different. Each one equally epic and special to me for various reasons. One of the biggest highlights for me last night was the awesome family in the front row of section Y on the field. You guys were amazing and inspirational to us behind you. My buddy and I kept commenting how we want our families to be like yours when our kids get older. Entire fam was rockin out, including young boy and girl. Best part was young girl singing along to all the songs. So cool to see the next generation of little jammers. Mom and dad also rockin out with dad dancing with daughter in aisle. Definitely made me miss my daughters:) you guys rocked! All and all, amazing show as always. thank you PJ for the experience and thank you fans for the kindness and energy.
  • sarnocmsarnocm York, ME Posts: 81
    Wow. Not only was the shows amazing, like usual, but I met Ed in the hotel lobby on his way to the show!! Bodyguard said no pics in the hotel, so Ed gave me a couple pics. He stayed and talked to me for a couple minutes and was super nice.

1993 Berkeley
    1995 SF Polo grounds
    2010 Boston
    2013 Worcester 1, Worcester 2, Hartford
    2014 Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo, Denver
    2015 GCF
    2016 Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2
    2017 RRHOF

2018 Wrigley 1, Fenway 1&2

2022 EV—NYC 2, Berlin, Imola, Quebec City, Camden

• wecrazybobwecrazybob Posts: 1,027
    jp307677 said:

I had a few guys like that in front of me and I couldn't stand it...especially during the softer songs. I couldn't take it anymore during "Man of the Hour" and just started screaming the songs as load as I could literally right in their ears and between their faces every time they started talking again. They got the hint
    Trying this next time!
    Toledo, Oh 09-22-96, Chicago, Illinois 06-29-98, Portland, Oregon 07-18-98, Vancouver, British Columbia 07-19-98, Seattle 07-21-98, Seattle 07-22-98, Noblesville, Indiana 08-17-98, East Lansing, Michigan 08-18-98, Barrie, Ontario 08-22-98, Auburn Hills, Michigan 08-23-98, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 08-25-98, Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio 08-26-98, Camden, Camden, New Jersey 08-28-98 Camden, New Jersey 08-29-98,Knoxville, Tennessee 09-06-98, Columbia, Maryland 09-18-98,Mountain View, California 10-30-99,Mountain View, California 10-31-99, Virginia Beach, Virginia 08-03-00,Charlotte, North Carolina 08-04-00,Greensboro, North Carolina 08-06-00, Atlanta, Georgia 08-07-00,West Palm Beach, Florida 08-09-00,West Palm Beach, Florida 08-10-00,Tampa, Florida 08-12-00,New Orleans, Louisiana 08-14-00,Memphis, Tennessee 08-15-00,Nashville, Tennessee 08-17-00, Noblesville, Indiana 08-18-00,Cincinnati, Ohio 08-20-00,Columbus, Ohio 08-21-00, Wantagh, New York 08-23-00, Wantagh, New York 08-24-00,Wantagh, New York 08-25-00, Saratoga Springs, New York 08-27-00,Mansfield, Massachusetts 08-29-00,Mansfield, Massachusetts 08-30-00,Camden, New Jersey 09-01-00,Camden, New Jersey 09-02-00,Columbia, Maryland 09-04-00,Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 09-05-00,Auburn Hills, Michigan 10-07-00, East Troy, Wisconsin 10-08-00,Chicago, Illinois 10-09-00,Cleveland, Ohio 04-25-03,Columbus, Ohio 06-24-03,Kitchener, ON 09-11-05, London, ON 9-12-05,Hamilton, ON 9-13-05,Cincinnati, Ohio 06-24-06, Chicago, Illinois 7-19-13, Cincinnati, Ohio 10-01-14, St. Louis, Missouri 10-03-14, Memphis, Tennessee 10-14-14,Detroit, Michigan 10-16-14, Moline, Illinois 10-17-14, Columbia SC 4-21-16 , Lexington KY 4-26-16, Philadelphia PA 4-28-16, Philadelphia PA 4-29-16, Boston 8-5-16 , Boston 8-7-16 Chicago 8-20-16, Chicago 8-22-16, Seattle 8-8-18, Seattle 8-10-18, Missoula 8-13-18, Chicago 8-18-18, Chicago 8-20-18, Boston 9-2-18, Boston 9-4-18
  • JI658763JI658763 Posts: 19
    great set...was there night one and Fenway night 2, and philly ten show.....Fenway night 2 was epic and to me a better show but you know what it's so damn nice to have these types of debates about this band! They are the best band ever and deliver every night they take the stage period! happy for those that loved night 2 at Wrigley and got a kick ass set list. I was pumped to get Masters of War, Inside Job and Miracles....we all win!!!!
    Cincy 2014
    Philly II 2016 (The Ten show)
    Fenway Paak Night #2 (Aug 7th 2016)
    Wrigley#1 (Aug 20th 2016)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me!
  • jp307677 said:

Trying this next time!
    Same. I'll never understand someone who comes to a show only to talk through the entire thing!